AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 42.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-11, 21:30   Link #61
Router25
World Connector. I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Oh yeah, that slipped my mind.

Huh, and they actually graduated? I need to see that timeline to have a clearer picture. When will the 2000 people suicide happen then?
someone linked me a translated version of the official website's timeline.
I was asking before in the Future side about a more detailed timeline (with accurate dates but I cannot create one since there are not enough clues to actually make one)
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2016-09-11, 21:32   Link #62
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Wait, didn't we skip a good one year already? Chisa was assigned to the Reserve Department thanks to Nagito right? So this should be the year they graduate and all shit went loose.
Old 2016-09-11, 22:03   Link #63
Router25
World Connector. I think

Episode 1 (after opening) shows it was two months after the entrance ceremony on episode 2 (before opening), the calendar shows it was in the middle of July, and when Chisa returns as the Main Course Teacher in episode 5, she said it was already March. And if Hope's Peak follows the regular Academic year in Japan (April-March divided into two 6-month semesters with an exam at the end of each one), episode 1 is in June, episode 2 in July, and episode 4 in September-October (which is also the practical exam). This means Chisa was absent in the second semester of Class 77's first year.
Old 2016-09-12, 02:31   Link #64
FractalFusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
I've totally forgot that high school is only two years (junior and senior) and since episode 5 marks the beginning of class 78, I think only 1-2 weeks (maybe even less than a week) have passed until episode 9.
Wow, all this time I thought high school in Hope's Peak was 3 years, like every normal Japanese high school ever.

Anyway, in my opinion, Despair Arc is both very disappointing and massively overrated. That feeling is probably because they wasted too much time on stuff that didn't matter (episodes 1, 2, and 4 feel more like OVA episodes) as well as very little character depth outside of Ryota and two or three characters from Future Arc. And then the way they did the student council killing game in episode 7 just makes it seem like the point of Despair Arc is to be nihilistic. Which admittedly makes it a lot easier to watch episode 9.

To be fair, the last couple episodes were somewhat better than the seven before it. Episode 9 had some bad animation at times though. Like this thing which is now quite funny in retrospect. What a way to end a dramatic scene.
Images
GOMENNASAI
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Future Arc has its own faults obviously, but I think it is the better of the two arcs. Would probably be even better if it got rid of its episode 7.
Old 2016-10-30, 23:23   Link #65
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

IMO, Despair arc to me is the better of the two arcs since plot devices were moving before Junko made her (un)pleasant debut.

From this episode onward, Yukizome-sensei has been totally compromised so both her words and actions can no longer be taken without caution and distrust; I had my suspicions on the teacher since the beginning of the Future arc, and the Despair arc confirmed them for me; Tsumiki became compromised as well two episodes earlier after watching Junko's beta version of her despair video.

I understood that hope built on nothing but hollow platitudes like fairy tales, promises, and ideals sooner will crumble like castle made of beach sand which gets swept away easily by the force of even the tiniest wave, because it pained me to comment that's the gist the talented students and the teacher got, received, and took from Hope's Peak.
Yukizome's hope became her undoing and for underestimating the despair way off the charts that Junko Enoshima influences on people. And, now Nanami has been compromised since unknowingly fell into both Tsumiki and Yukizome's trap.
Old 2019-03-12, 20:03   Link #66
FFTHEWINNER

Finished the ninth despair arc episode

-so is izuru lying? Or does he really not remember nanami? I am leaning towards the former,as the scientists listed the things they stole from him and memories werent one of them.

-the "hey! that is corporal punishment!" Line by Junko was hilarious XD

-when mikan appeared I was like "the f***??!! Did she betray Junko? Or is it a trick?". Glad to see she remained on the right side in the end. Junko's side

-Nice to finally see the real face of my favorite DR2 character!

-unfortunate to see that they are going with the "mindwash everyone" solution, as that is far less interesting and engaging than the alternative

-that "torture scene" was quite erotic lol. Quite funny too with mukro's reactions XD

-however, I am 90% certain that chisa DIDN'T turn.all the hints point to that. First,it was stated that the video wasn't having an effect on her. Second, mukuro as was clear from mukuro's reactions and comments,she had no clue how to correctly do whatever it is she was doing. Third,that "munakata picture disappearing moment was simply chisa losing concience, as it has been pretty evident in DR2 and episode 1 of future that the despairs didn't lose their memories,not to mention that she still remembers everything in future. Thus, chisa is still herself

-Loved all the animator scenes. They were REALLY well done. One really felt the mental torture he was going through,and Junko's "this is your despair" line was just perfect. The only part that annoyed me a bit was when they showed it as if he was sinking,then immediately cut to him on the shore thus removing any worry from that scene.

A pretty good episode,marred only by the direction they chose to take.
Closed Thread