AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-08, 07:18   Link #41
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
that still doesn't stop it from sucking balls

What does your opinion have to do with anything :P
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 10:09   Link #42
Umbrae
Generic Human

Ghost in the shell stand alone complex was released in 2002. DVD US release should be some time this summer, and I belive it will air on cartoon network as well.

The review you saw was most likly for ghost in the shell stand alone complex 2nd gig, which is the 2nd season of stand alone complex.

Like the first season 2nd gig was licensed before it was released. which means it will not be listed here under torrents. although it is currently still airing in japan I do belive, so if it follows the first season should be avalibe some time in 2006-2007.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 12:23   Link #43
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal_Halo
that still doesn't stop it from sucking balls
I didn't know I asked for your opinion on GITS. Next time I'll give you, your opinion
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 17:42   Link #44
Infernal_Halo

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
I didn't know I asked for your opinion on GITS. Next time I'll give you, your opinion
oh ok could you do that for me now
Infernal_Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 22:39   Link #45
Umbrae
Generic Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal_Halo
oh ok could you do that for me now
Sure, your opinion is pointless and of no value. thier now you have an opinion, be glad.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 00:48   Link #46
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
I can understand your unwillingness to be associated with pirates, but how is it your draw the line only at what is licensed even if not distributed?

The line is right in front of getting it any way but from Bandai. Impatience is no excuse for piracy.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 19:03   Link #47
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Release date

According to animeondvd.com, It's out on the 27th, along with a US Cable TV broadcast later on. 27th is the release date in Europe aswell I think, considering it's an international (ex Asia) release.

wee.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 19:19   Link #48
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
According to animeondvd.com, It's out on the 27th, along with a US Cable TV broadcast later on. 27th is the release date in Europe aswell I think, considering it's an international (ex Asia) release.

wee.
You left out the month which is June. I didn't know that Manga was also involved in the production as well as Bandai.
Old 2004-02-12, 13:36   Link #49
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Finally...

About Manga Entertainment's involvement: maybe Bandai needed
their cooperation to produce an English dub with the same voices as
the movie (as is done in the Japanese dub).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 14:05   Link #50
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
YAy! GiTs-SaC is finally coming over !!
I wish I could just understand Japanese though. Most of the time I dont like dubs just becuase it gives a different feal to the anime. Only dub that I actually liked was FLCL.
:0ntopic: I'm very intrested to see how they dub this though, I hope it's not dull or over acted like most are....
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 14:33   Link #51
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex will air on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim later this year. The new GITS: SAC website is located at http://www.ghostintheshell.tv.
Old 2004-02-13, 22:24   Link #52
method

Well Bandai has clarified the DVD release
from animeondvd.com
Quote:
We would like to clarify this issue and prevent any further rumors or speculation from spreading about the release of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Bandai Entertainment will be handling the English adaptation and DVD authoring for the North American release of Ghost in the Shell; we have been working on this for some time already.

Bandai Entertainment will also be coordinating the marketing activities for this title. Manga Entertainment will be handling the distribution for this title in North America. (This is similar to the distribution arrangement we had with Pioneer in the past, but is only for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.) Manga Entertainment will also be handling DVD distribution worldwide, with the exceptions of Asia and France.

We hope that this explanation will put the rumors to rest. We know that the fans are looking forward to seeing this title released, and we are grateful for your enthusiasm and support.
Old 2004-02-14, 00:49   Link #53
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
A good thing Manga isn't getting their grubby paws into the actual production. Who knows what kind of botch job we'd have ended up with.

At least distribution is hard to fuck up on. Though I still wish they weren't involved at all, this is good enough.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 01:02   Link #54
festosis

according to IGN.com they said that all 26 episodes would be released this summer. Is this accurate??? one boxed set I though they would release it individualy. Here's the link. http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/492/492420p1.html
festosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 01:43   Link #55
method

Most likely they will will release SAC individually before the boxset.
Old 2004-02-23, 03:11   Link #56
Anlushac11

GITS was awesome.

GITS:SAC IMHO is awesome as well. My favorite characters are without doubt the Tachikome. I just love those little guys. I just enjoy watching them and laugh at their actions quite a bit.

I assumed GITS:SAC 2nd GIG was optioned as part of the original liscence. Bandai would have been silly not to obtain rights and options on a 2nd season since it was known from the start that it was intended to go 52 episodes. That was stated in a interview on the DVD.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 04:14   Link #57
kujoe
from head to heel

I have eps 1-2 in English subs and I think that they're ok so far. (But i can't discuss any further regarding that since it's, well, illegal...) I'd rather buy the dvds.

I was just wondering. Has Bandai started working on the first season or are they planning to start the localization process when the 2nd season finishes its run?

Animax is currently airing the 1st season and I noticed that the outro has been significantly changed. It just made me wonder if some work has been done on the 1st season. I guess I have pay attention next time to see if Bandai is listed somewhere in the credits.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 08:23   Link #58
Bindibadgi
We'll miss u Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I have eps 1-2 in English subs and I think that they're ok so far. (But i can't discuss any further regarding that since it's, well, illegal...) I'd rather buy the dvds.

I was just wondering. Has Bandai started working on the first season or are they planning to start the localization process when the 2nd season finishes its run?

Animax is currently airing the 1st season and I noticed that the outro has been significantly changed. It just made me wonder if some work has been done on the 1st season. I guess I have pay attention next time to see if Bandai is listed somewhere in the credits.
First season DVDs are out in the UK 26th June, in the US 27th. It takes 2 years from first showing of a GITS series before it comeso out on DVD but itll be worth the wait. Its only being distributed by Manga entertainment, Bandai are doing the dubbing thank god. Im preordering the DVDs the instant i can find somewhere in the uk (play.com?) that will let me.
Tbh, i want them in english dub too cause i cant work out wtf is going on in half the subbed episodes and i have to pause em every half-second to read.
Bandai own the lisence to the second season as well, it was purchased as they announced the extension of episodes in the latter part of Season 1.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 10:17   Link #59
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

You should give a month also, I'm pretty sure the dvds are coming out in JULY of this year so not anytime soon still. Also Cartoon Network got GITS:SAC so most likely you'll get dubs but not good ones.
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 13:17   Link #60
Bindibadgi
We'll miss u Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto03
You should give a month also, I'm pretty sure the dvds are coming out in JULY of this year so not anytime soon still. Also Cartoon Network got GITS:SAC so most likely you'll get dubs but not good ones.
Nope June 26th is the release date ive got on my calender for Region2 GITS:SAC Season 1. I dont see why it should be any longer - pre-order from somewhere like play (if they have it) and youll get it on time (usually).
Cartoon network have it, but only for the evening adult slot in the US. Bandai have done the dubbing and considering how much effort theyve put into getting the lisences and threatening to sue fansubbers for both series ive high hopes for the quality of the end product DVDs.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote