3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-18, 21:35   Link #61
Xical
Phantom User

Question:
Who was credited as Satella in the credits?
Anyone know?
Old 2016-09-18, 21:56   Link #62
ramlaen

Honestly my only complaint for the episode is the forced humor when Subaru and Otto were being chased by Beetlejuice.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 22:32   Link #63
VTHokiePride

I'm really hoping for a season 2. Probably my favorite anime this year. I really Subaru said Betelgeuse was very slothful instead was Sloth. Would've made my day even better.
Old 2016-09-18, 23:37   Link #64
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I really Subaru said Betelgeuse was very slothful instead was Sloth.
That's what he said. It was a sloppy translation.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 23:56   Link #65
Jaden

RIP tree again. Wow, Subaru really hates that thing.
Old 2016-09-19, 01:01   Link #66
nth

Emilia looks somehow more mature in the last scene.
Good series.
nth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 02:21   Link #67
BoyTitan

Someone got sand in my eyes again and I can barely type. I did not go in expecting this series to get so much emotion out of me after the disappointment that followed the amazement of the first arc. After reading spoilers I was expecting Subaru to just keep being this pathetic neet that never realizes what he does wrong and not utilize his return by death ability properly and just make a bunch of dumb meta references but man he grew on me in the last arc. Its rare for me to care so much about a fictional character. His voice actor truely bought out the best in him. Hell his growth this arc is amazing. He is not some shounen bad ass threw power ups as he shouldn't be in such a unfamiliar world but he made do to the best he could with hand he was given. He went from pathetically groveling on the floor to standing atop of everyone. His journey is far from over but its finally like he has progressed.

Honestly this ending was better than the LN which is just a serving of more despair and failure despite all his growth. Its like the writer of the LN does not get a story should have character development and progression till much later on.
Old 2016-09-19, 03:11   Link #68
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I still can't help but laugh every time I see the tree. Like... it's just so pitiful.

Season ended with a bang, literally and figuratively. :3c
Old 2016-09-19, 04:03   Link #69
Qikz

It was a decent ending given all the circumstances. It wasn't really rushed at all and it felt like everything was a build up to that moment.

There's still a huge number of unanswered questions such as just who the hell is the witch who's cursed Subaru, but we'll get that answered I guess if they ever do another season. Faiiling that I might just have to pick up the LN!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 04:20   Link #70
Zangor17

it was a pretty fun ride. I just hope it gets picked up for release here in the US. i'd love to actually buy some BD for it.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 05:05   Link #71
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post

Lastly, one of the things they accomplished is making me gun shy about characters just like GoT does. The absence of any mention of Rem over the last few episodes has me worried. I'd say screen time-wise that she was the second biggest character in the entire series and yet the series ended without even a simple curtain call for her.

Here's hoping for a beach episode OVA.
I was also a little disappointed that Rem didn't appear at all in the last 2 eps. She seemed like a pretty important character so I kinda expected her to show up at the end =[

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 06:01   Link #72
Ultragunner

as beautiful as the ending is, I can't help but get the eerie similarity between Subaru and Betelgeuse: both are deeply devoted to their "love" , the scene where Subaru went insane and became the boss of the Witch Cult while yelling "LOVE! LOVE!" for Emilia ain't too far-fetched that it's scary
Old 2016-09-19, 07:18   Link #73
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Subaru is really epic in this episode
I really thought that if Julius is the one that finished The Sloth, it would be lame
somehow Subaru get his chance to shine.. His gallant tactic in beating Betelgeuse, jump to the carriage, carry the bomb to the tree...
just WOW!
That is admirable act there

The confession feels dry... why? Because it sounds like a rip-off from Rem's confession
It started with simple confession... then continue with some exchange of words about Emilia's weakness and how Subaru has lots of positive things to overwrite all of that... then ended with a simple promise and some talk about the future

What is Subaru going to say in the end? I hope he will say "I love Rem too"

This episode is a great conclusion of this great adaptation and great series
I hope we might get continuation soon before there are too many spoilers out there
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 08:02   Link #74
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
as beautiful as the ending is, I can't help but get the eerie similarity between Subaru and Betelgeuse: both are deeply devoted to their "love" , the scene where Subaru went insane and became the boss of the Witch Cult while yelling "LOVE! LOVE!" for Emilia ain't too far-fetched that it's scary
Nah, if anything it showed what he might have become pre-episode 18. Betelgeuse is foil to him in that regard.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 09:42   Link #75
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
The confession feels dry... why? Because it sounds like a rip-off from Rem's confession
It started with simple confession... then continue with some exchange of words about Emilia's weakness and how Subaru has lots of positive things to overwrite all of that... then ended with a simple promise and some talk about the future
This. I also feel the same. It's also very possible that Subaru was heavily inspired by Rem's confession. For Emilia, he felt Subaru's confession like how Subaru (& the audience) felt after hearing Rem's confession. But in this case, the audience cannot be as emotionally-moved as Emilia due to diminishing returns because Subaru more-or-less copied what Rem already did and it has an element of repetition that's not as impactful as the first one. But narratively-speaking, it's an okay event and even justified because if you tried to copy Rem's method to impress the target of your confession then you're going in the right direction .

As for the episode itself, what can I say.....it's a nice ending. I’m an anime-only watcher and I can see that there’s obviously more things that need to be addressed further or solved than what the ending gave me (eg. Satella, the Election, Roswaal’s desire to kill the dragon, etc), but that is the nature of adapting an on-going novel.

But looking at some of the raging source-fans, I’d say White Fox has made a similar event to their previous Akame ga Kill adaptation which basically goes like this:

Studio did what they could to adapt a title with the available resources and decided to make the ending in a certain way that give some form of closure for anime-fans which even the author is happy with -> some die-hard source-fans rage and blame the studio for the change(s) even if the reasons make sense.

And all the raging and complaining are mostly done by the English-speaking fans as the Japanese fans for both titles (AgK & Re:Zero) are more positive about both anime, just like how the authors of both properties felt. Some ungrateful ones even posted death threats to White Fox *smh*. As for White Fox, I support you. Please continue to do (and improve) your work without minding the ungrateful people trashing your creation after giving your all-out effort on them, and please keep doing admirable job for your future adaptations. Peace Maker Kurogane is the next adaptation I’ll be waiting from you coz I actually have read that old manga about Shinsengumi. I can’t wait to see your version of Hajime Saito after Gonzo’s iteration.
Old 2016-09-19, 10:42   Link #76
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Some ungrateful ones even posted death threats to White Fox *smh*. As for White Fox, I support you. Please continue to do (and improve) your work without minding the ungrateful people trashing your creation after giving your all-out effort on them,

Now, that is just insane...lol. Some people really take their entertainment to a fucking whole new level it's not even funny. I mean, i was also not a big fan of the happy ending we got since i was expecting something crazier/impactful like the way episode 15 ended but posting death threats after the dedication and fantastic work they have done through the entire series is just stupid. I wonder what would happen if White Fox was as slothfull as Toei with their big titles
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 12:36   Link #77
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
What a lovely episode. I hope this series will be continued in the future, because this really just feels like the first saga of a much bigger story. We don't know who the next ruler will be, we don't know what Satella's deal is, we basically don't know anything about Subaru beside his personality. But this was nice. Young love can be really beautiful. Sometimes I wish there was an Emilia in my life, someone I could love and fight for.
Old 2016-09-19, 13:51   Link #78
larethian

Just like how Subaru and Julius went from oil and water to best bros, Kobayashi Yuusuke and Eguchi Takuya also went from polite-distant colleagues to drinking buds on a first name basis : https://youtu.be/oA0THJxFutg?t=128
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 15:34   Link #79
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I couldn't find a better example as to why some adaptation needs to be at least 2 cours just imagine what kind of story we would have had if they tried to adapt everything in 12-13 episodes.

To be completely frank though, I liked the rem/subaru scene more.

One of the best series this year for sure! I do hope they'll continue with the story with a season 2
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 17:24   Link #80
MCAL

By the way, someone counted all the extra time from lack of OP/ED and extra running time and we got 3.65 episode more worth of material.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote