AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-08-23, 11:42   Link #3421
WingedAccelerator

Nice callback to Chapter 94 with that plushie.
Plus, nics garterelt.

That Shima girl is totally gonna drag this route with a forbidden romance stuff. Meanwhile, Sensei will sneeze a lot back at the original school.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-23, 12:29   Link #3422
tsunade666

Maid welcoming and nurse next. Cosplay wife is nice.
Old 2020-08-24, 09:14   Link #3423
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Way too good to be true, right?
There is no way you can just converse with a patient while doing injection.. a doctor need to concentrate properly after all

The better solution should be just use a maid uniform when you're working on it.. I mean.. I'm afraid of syringe but I'll allow beautiful maid to do it

jokes aside, I like senpai and kouhai interaction .. This is probably the best arc so far
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-26, 13:43   Link #3424
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Author started a YouTube channel where he uploads himself drawing

Bunny Mafuyu:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-08-30, 14:18   Link #3425
WingedAccelerator

So far so good. Hence something will drag the outcome out. But since Senpai kept that plushie and she is totally cool with Nariyuki checking out her goods, and Nariyuki also talks about her importance honestly, it shouldn't be unnatural how they will eventually hook up.
Old 2020-08-30, 18:44   Link #3426
bastek66

Asumi was my least liked bokuben (along Uruka) but previous IFs compared to hers seem like complete borings shits now.
Old 2020-08-30, 18:53   Link #3427
Tenzen12

I agree all previous IF routes sucked big time. Although it worthy mentioning I don't think Uruka end is part of IF routes, so it's excluded.
Old 2020-08-30, 20:03   Link #3428
tsunade666

The previews routes felt suck because it felt forced compare to the chemistry on this route. While I like Fumino next to sensei the most, I'm enjoying more of senpai's arc.
Old 2020-08-31, 05:55   Link #3429
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I agree all previous IF routes sucked big time. Although it worthy mentioning I don't think Uruka end is part of IF routes, so it's excluded.
It's a never ending debate.
With the Rizu route, the magazine started using the IF, while it was still serialized under regular BokuBen. The IF got removed in the volume release, but it's present in the character introduction page, introducing only Nariyuki and Rizu on the first page, everyone else on the next page.

The Uruka end doesn't have this, have the standard introductory page, the last chapter also doesn't have 9 in the title, just [X]=...., but common counterargument is that Tsutsui didn't want to spoil that there will be IF routes. They got announced in the last two pages, but Uruka/Uruka's festival shadow POV is excluded from the spread.

The middle ground is that being 1/5, Uruka's ending is part of the potential outcomes, and even if it's not an IF, people won't treat is as the sole canon/true ending.
Old 2020-08-31, 06:12   Link #3430
Tenzen12

Aside of reasons you mentioned, it's also only route consistent with main story...

Well, either way I never spoke on those "people" behalf. Of course there would be some who disagree and if they do, they are wrong ... as far as I can judge
Old 2020-08-31, 07:41   Link #3431
WingedAccelerator

Tsutsui said that he planned these 5 endings from the beginning when he got asked about it, but if you say that he wouldn't say otherwise to displease the fans, they call you out that you are going against the author's own words. As if the past authors didn't lie in interviews for damage control.

And then there are people, who present you essays about how this is a perfect VN format with choices changing the routes... Except scenes straight up not existing in the previous 140 chapters pop up in the IF routes to justify the situation with the heroine, so it's not a simple yes-no progression, but complete rewrites and alterations.
Old 2020-09-01, 04:32   Link #3432
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Tsutsui said that he planned these 5 endings from the beginning when he got asked about it, but if you say that he wouldn't say otherwise to displease the fans, they call you out that you are going against the author's own words. As if the past authors didn't lie in interviews for damage control.

And then there are people, who present you essays about how this is a perfect VN format with choices changing the routes... Except scenes straight up not existing in the previous 140 chapters pop up in the IF routes to justify the situation with the heroine, so it's not a simple yes-no progression, but complete rewrites and alterations.
A pretty much textbook response by Authors whenever asked about an ending.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-01, 12:27   Link #3433
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

This got a fun juvenile approach and is working well so far.
Old 2020-09-04, 02:36   Link #3434
WingedAccelerator

By the looks of it, Nariyuki initiated a kiss already. Not sure if he made it through though, because Senpai pushes his chest away the next page, indicating distance, then leaves the scene. Curse of the 9 chapters format. At least he is really conscious of her, even wanted to go together to that plushie themed amusement park after graduation, and he still has the tickets.

Oh, and the chapter got 23 pages.
Old 2020-09-06, 22:04   Link #3435
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Proving to be quite the fun route. Nariyuki and Senpai making great inroads to being accepted and celebrated within that community. Most are already going to presume they are a couple and not far off from making that happen.

I really like their chemistry here. The connection feels solid and kind of like Nariyuki himself being the party really pining for the girl here. Even his dreams are rather eventful .
Old 2020-09-06, 23:52   Link #3436
Lex79

So Nariyuki has been in love with senpai since high school, when he asked her out she somehow rejected him and she keeps doing so for some reason that I hope will be explained in the next chapter. Black haired girl will probably be the key for the two of them to get together.
Old 2020-09-07, 06:34   Link #3437
WingedAccelerator

Maybe Senpai is really insecure and hid behind the teasing all this time. Not sure if it makes sense, but she could feel that her teasing led Nariyuki on or something.
Old 2020-09-07, 09:47   Link #3438
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hey this arc is getting better
Nariyuki acts more like an adult in this arc comparing to previous three arcs
like it so far

now we just need to know what is happening in the past
The feeling are mutual but something else denied this relationship (must be big, considering that senpai's papa and mama supported this relationship wholeheartedly)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-10, 12:24   Link #3439
WingedAccelerator

Somehow VIZ put the next chapter accidentally on their site. Ripping time!

The chapter starts with a flashback of Senpai declining Nariyuki's invitation to that theme park, and asks him to bring someone else. Nariyuki later notes that this was the point they started grewing distant.

The old guy from the previous chapter invited Nariyuki to his secret, open hot spring. But of course, he suddenly met Senpai in the bath, so he quickly wanted to get out. Unfortunately for him, monkeys stole his clothes, and other girls entered the bath as well. One of them is Yukari, the other one is her friend, who is the granddaughter of the old guy. That's why they knew about the secret spot.

Yukari asks Senpai about her relationship with Nariyuki. Her eyes gets starry, while most of her dialogue gets censored, implying she just casually asks about if they are fucking like rabbits left and right. Nariyuki is still underwater trying to hide. Yukari says if Senpai doesn't love him, then she... which causes Asumi to bring air to Nariyuki underwater via a kiss. She whispers something to Yukari about her question, which makes the girl totally flustered, and she rushes out of the bath, admitting she is not mature after all. Physically and socially, Nariyuki got rescued.

Another glimpse of flashback emerges with Senpai finding Papa Yuiga's medical records, while telling herself that she can't tell him how she really feels.

The last page brings a new visitor, Papa Kominami to the island, who wants to see her daughter and her boyfriend.
Old 2020-09-10, 14:57   Link #3440
Lex79

Uh, not a huge fan of this route doing the same "I can't reveal my feelings" like Fumino's one, especially since with the next being Sensei we risk having three in a row.
Anyway, if it turns out to be linked to Yuiga's father's death, this route could be far, far, faaaaar heavier than I could ever imagine.

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba