AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 - Overall Series Impressions
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 43.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 23.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 8.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-19, 08:15   Link #41
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I thought Hush development was just close to my ideal perfect, not taking much up much of the screen time like I originally feared when he first showed up but enough that I got to like and appreciate him as a member of Tekkadan, especially how intergrated he is into the team by the end of the show from where he started.
Old 2017-04-20, 11:41   Link #42
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I thought Hush development was just close to my ideal perfect, not taking much up much of the screen time like I originally feared when he first showed up but enough that I got to like and appreciate him as a member of Tekkadan, especially how intergrated he is into the team by the end of the show from where he started.
And his name wasn't even in the memorial stone,( which makes me hate this ending even more) Season 1 was so much batter I had so much hope for season 2 but I guess in the end Gundam anime will always have bad second seasons.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 23:47   Link #43
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

I think I read somewhere that IBO is better appreciated as a mafia story rather than a typical war story like most, if not all previous Gundam shows are.
Old 2017-04-23, 02:20   Link #44
The 48th Ronin

To be very honest, IBO's story could've been fully fleshed out if it's divided into 2 50-episode seasons like the Cosmic Era.

Overall, I enjoyed it. The most entertaining Gundam series in recent memory, IMO.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 17:27   Link #45
LG-MAX 2.o

Top 2017 Newtype Awards' Preliminary Results

Kadokawa's Monthly Newtype magazine announced the preliminary results of the Newtype Anime Awards 2016-2017 last week. Readers of the magazine and other anime fans are voting for their favorite works among those released between October 2016 and September 2017.

Best Work (TV Broadcast)
Attack on Titan Season 2
Fate/Apocrypha
Bungo Stray Dogs 2
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! 2

Best Character (Male)
Kirito (Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale)
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Mikazuki Augus (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
Koyomi Araragi (Monogatari series)
Osamu Dazai (Bungo Stray Dogs)

Best Director
Tomohiko Ito (Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale)
Masashi Koizuka (Attack on Titan Season 2)
Takuya Igarashi (Bungo Stray Dogs)
Yoshiyuki Asai (Fate/Apocrypha)
Tatsuyuki Nagai (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)

Best Screenplay
Reki Kawahara (Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale)
Yasuko Kobayashi (Attack on Titan Season 2)
Yoji Enokido (Bungo Stray Dogs)
Yuichiro Higashide (Fate/Apocyrpha)
Mari Okada (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)

Best Mecha Design
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Re:CREATORS
Saga of Tanya the Evil
Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale
Fate/Apocrypha

The final results will be announced during the Machi Asobi Vol. 19 event in October.

by: http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/inter...esults/.121212
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 12:11   Link #46
Tenzen12

I am quite surprised how hight apocrypha ranked, I really hope this list is not in order.

I am also surprised Mika is more popular than Orga. Mika is by no means badly written character, but...

Did Apo and Tanya had any mechas? I really don't think so
Old 2017-09-12, 17:34   Link #47
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yeah, I don't remember them having any prominent mechas. All I can remember from Tanya is the magical contraptions and Apoc has that chick with Doc-Ock wheelchair .
Old 2017-09-14, 02:58   Link #48
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am quite surprised how hight apocrypha ranked, I really hope this list is not in order.

I am also surprised Mika is more popular than Orga. Mika is by no means badly written character, but...

Meh considering what they did to Orga for what half the season no way he beats Mika plus Mika is the Gundam Pilot.

Apo has Doc OC, Hanging Gardens is maybe the closest and I guess they have golems...
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 06:13   Link #49
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I probabaly would have voted Ordinal Scale for most of these if I entered since I ended up watching that movie 25 times in the cinema, mostly within a two month period.
Old 2017-09-14, 07:01   Link #50
Skaddix

Come on Sonic this is anime forum praising SAO is not allowed. The fandom has decide that hating on it no mater what is the answer...fall in line
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 22:02   Link #51
Muu094

I might still be salty about S2 of IBO but Okada seems out of place in that list of best Screenplay.

Though hearing about Ordinal Scale having a decent reception is a surprise in itself especially considering the amount of hate SAO gets regularly.
Muu094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 18:34   Link #52
John117xCortana

Do they also do the list for Best Soundtrack?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 20:52   Link #53
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Do they also do the list for Best Soundtrack?
Yes. Just click the link above.
Old 2017-09-26, 05:09   Link #54
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muu094 View Post
Though hearing about Ordinal Scale having a decent reception is a surprise in itself especially considering the amount of hate SAO gets regularly.
It did quite well from the earnings stats I saw. And use a personal observation example, there was an anime movie festival here in Malaysia late in August to show off some recent anime movies. I went there so I can finally complete my 25th viewing (because 25 is a nicer number than 24 - and I was missing Kirito/Asuna).

The cinema was full, which is saying something for a six month old movie in a country where buying original anime is almost nonexistent.

Maybe it's one of those things where you either love it or hate or that there the opinions tend to be divided over geographical for it. Seed Destiny as an example, is fairly disliked in the West and some English speaking fandoms but is still very popular in Japan.
Old 2021-11-10, 16:16   Link #55
Ghostfriendly

Dropped this series about the time it had to degrade female mecha pilots with a literal harem. I've now learnt about the official event where it was said that Kudelia and Atra got married on paper post-series to 'take care of' some gloomy prat's child.

There's no reason a child's biological mother has to marry anyone to care of him, except unjust and artificial ones. The reason for this is make sure the harem of women created to devote themselves to the male protagonist remain bound to him even after his death. They can't possibly meet and fall in love with some lesser mortal. A fake gay marriage, furthermore, is a insult to all the real couples denied real marriages. I can't think of anything else worth saying about this show.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-10, 22:21   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Dropped this series about the time it had to degrade female mecha pilots with a literal harem. I've now learnt about the official event where it was said that Kudelia and Atra got married on paper post-series to 'take care of' some gloomy prat's child.

There's no reason a child's biological mother has to marry anyone to care of him, except unjust and artificial ones. The reason for this is make sure the harem of women created to devote themselves to the male protagonist remain bound to him even after his death. They can't possibly meet and fall in love with some lesser mortal. A fake gay marriage, furthermore, is a insult to all the real couples denied real marriages. I can't think of anything else worth saying about this show.
Why are you being mad about something that's not canon within the show itself? AFAIK the "gay marriage" between Atra & Kudelia was only something that the writer/director threw out there after the show but it's not something officially acknowledged by the Gundam franchise in general. The status is pretty much still a headcanon.

If you really like gay shipping, why not focus your attention to Yamagi's crush and Shino's acceptance of Yamagi's feelings towards him that's actually on screen?
Old 2021-11-11, 05:53   Link #57
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Just to point out that we know nothing of Atra and Kudelia's relationship many years afterward because of the timeskip. They were already fairly close throughout the series so that evolving into a romance and getting married years later isn't particularly weird especially since gay marriage is a normal non-controversial thing even among IBO noble houses.

It won't even be the first time a "second choice" couple married in Gundam either (see Flit x Emily from AGE). I also never heard anything about their marriage being fake on paper, seems like a typical family to me from the scene shown, even if short.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2021-11-11 at 09:42.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote