Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-15, 18:46   Link #481
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
All the said angst is out of the way, so what's left? A filler beach episode, yeah haven't had one of those yet. Lots of fan service and a uh I-I l-like you confession while watching the sunset together...
Not possible since Episode 11 took place in middle of February... and it will be strange if they suddenly made it summer when it's Winter.... lol...
Old 2009-12-15, 19:01   Link #482
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Not possible since Episode 11 took place in middle of February... and it will be strange if they suddenly made it summer when it's Winter.... lol...
If they're trying to make it a sort of finale, then I'm thinking maybe flash forward to White Day along with a heaping helping of "life goes on" with cameos for everyone? I'd still like to see Touka make another appearance before the end of the season, even if it is just a token one. As was pointed out, Yuuto still has to give Haruka his gift, which actually ties back nicely to the first episode (where they went to the Lacrosse event together). So maybe some way of tying all that together somehow.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 19:38   Link #483
Saintly Pineapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
If they're trying to make it a sort of finale, then I'm thinking maybe flash forward to White Day along with a heaping helping of "life goes on" with cameos for everyone? I'd still like to see Touka make another appearance before the end of the season, even if it is just a token one. As was pointed out, Yuuto still has to give Haruka his gift, which actually ties back nicely to the first episode (where they went to the Lacrosse event together). So maybe some way of tying all that together somehow.
Took the words right out of my mouth!
As soon as I saw the chocolate, I immediately thought of White Day, and what a would-be perfect setting for the conclusion of season 2 it would be; or a confession.
Saintly Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 01:12   Link #484
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
True, but season one showed us that Haruka does have her own tropical island. I was referring to, but I've been too absent minded today and forgot to add that...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 00:07   Link #485
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
11 is now my favorite episode of this season. Yuuto man-ing up, him detecting Mika stalking him, Gento acting really cool, progression between Haruka and Yuuto...

It's definitely a situation where I will forgive the series if the finale is good.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 22:52   Link #486
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That...was...bad, just bad. The only thing I liked was how Haruka's parents stepped in, that's it. Everything else was just bad.

He practically proposed to her while she was on stage and when it was all set and done, nothing had changed between the two. If nothing is going to change, fine, leave it that way, don't do something stupid like a half-proposal or something.

The first season was so much better.
Old 2009-12-18, 02:34   Link #487
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

evangelion references ftw

love the gendo impression
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 15:28   Link #488
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

/me bangs head on desk
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2009-12-21, 15:31   Link #489
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Purezza 12 - A Nogizaka Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All. Giant Robots Are Something Gentou Has Always Had. Why Do You Think He Has a Maid Team?:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 16:30   Link #490
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Would of thought so because it was already indicated that they will not kiss on the lips for what we have seen so far... My assumption since they seem to be too afraid to do it every time they gone and almost doing it...
Old 2009-12-21, 22:23   Link #491
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 12:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 00:59   Link #492
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 02:11   Link #493
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

season 3???

pls spare me just make an OVA to give a solid ending PLS!
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 04:28   Link #494
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
pls spare me just make an OVA to give a solid ending PLS!
There will never be a solid ending to this series, ever. They'll never kiss because in that make believe world you must be stopped a second before the lips touch. Sorry, though those are the rules.
Old 2009-12-22, 06:00   Link #495
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
As a normal Haruka episode, this would of been fine but as a season finale I think it's pretty terrible. Lots of interesting things to learn with this episode too.

-Ping Pong is the ultimate fanservice inducing sport
-Akiho is actually a much worse person than Gento is
-Shiina will forever be The Woobie.
-Gento is probably the funniest person in this show.
-Everyone appears to be joined at the hip in some way. Those three guys, Mika and the Maids, Ruko and Yukari. It baffles me how there's a lack of homosexuality in this show considering how chummy everyone appears to be.
-And apparently the entire Nogizaka family (except Gento) reallys wanted Yuuto and Haruka to have sex.

Wow, are their lives pathetic.

Yeah, this series gets a 3/10 out of me because the OP/ED were good, the ending notes were good, and Yuuto/Haruka could be very cute at times. But this mostly fails due to bad characters and premise that thrown onto a taffy puller.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 06:49   Link #496
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
*sigh* It's depressing how this newer generation of anime watchers doesn't realize how lucky they are.....

Y'see, back in the old days, it would be a miracle just to see a couple hug in an anime, let alone come this close to sleepign together. Even after coming to terms with their feelings, even after admitting their love, even after saving the world yada yada, pretty much the standard best was seeing them hold hands. >.> Watching Yuuto and Haruka get so far yet so short may have been a little frustrating (which was obviously intended by the staff), but this is light years beyond the standard we got back in the 80's and 90's.

Heck even in anime today, Yuuto and Haruka got farther than 60-80% of anime couples, short of recent shoujo manga adaptations. Even Suzuka took forever for the main couple to even get to being a couple at all, and then they ended up breaking up several times. And this was clearly all intended by the anime staff here. The sakura blossom floating in and covering what was obviously a YuutoxHaruka kiss just as the credits ended made it perfectly clear that this all went as planned.

Want to know an anime that has a truly frustrating romance point? Night Wizard The Animation. They're shipping HiiragixEllis the whole series and cover every couple cliche you can think of, including the "walking in on each other in the bathroom" scene and the "husband/wife comparison." But don't make me say how much they didn't get together at the end after all that shipping. >.>

So you guys have got it pretty dang good with this show. >.> Good comedy, a main character who gets problems solved, and 60-80% more romantic development than a lot of stuff out there. Plus, the novels aren't even over yet. For shounen/seien, this is some major romance stuff. A major 9/10 from me. Bring on S3!
Old 2009-12-22, 07:23   Link #497
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's funny how you bring up new generation of anime watchers, and you talk about Night Wizard The Animation.

You seem to be missing the point big time. We complain that the two don't kiss when it's so god damn obvious that they're past the stage where they should have kissed months and months and months ago. It's nothing about comparing it to past shows where relationships don't move at all, we're talking about this show, and this show alone.

Plus i've been a watcher since the early 90s, so you don't need to start saying things like that to me when i know oh so well.
Old 2009-12-22, 07:25   Link #498
Saintly Pineapple

Well, at least we now know that if they decide to make a season three, they'll probably not end up kissing in episode 12.
Saintly Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 07:34   Link #499
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's funny how you bring up new generation of anime watchers, and you talk about Night Wizard The Animation.
Yeah, because I'm talking about how even in the newer animes they still do the old thing from the 80's and 90's where they don't get together.

Quote:
You seem to be missing the point big time. We complain that the two don't kiss when it's so god damn obvious that they're past the stage where they should have kissed months and months and months ago. It's nothing about comparing it to past shows where relationships don't move at all, we're talking about this show, and this show alone.
Actually, I got the point, and you missed mine. Sure they don't kiss; as I specifically stated, that part is obviosuly fully intended to drive people nuts. (this is where I acknowledged your guys' point, fyi) But you guys are talking about this show like it's horrible and stuff for not having a kiss when there are many, many shows where they don't go half this far. In short, it's pretty "out there" to be calling this show bad about the romantic relationship, when others do far worse. (my point that you missed) Heck they may not have kissed, but coming this close to having sex is a lot farther, and certainly even farther than many shows where they do kiss.

But if you want to see a YuutoxHaruka kiss, you can watch the end of the episode 12 credits; it actually looks pretty solid there, even though you can just barely tell they come just short of lip contact. Like I said; it's all according to plan.

Quote:
Plus i've been a watcher since the early 90s, so you don't need to start saying things like that to me when i know oh so well.
Except I didn't point you out specifically, or anyone specifically for that matter. But if you did watch the 90's animes then you know how much farther Yuuto and Haruka get than animes back then.
Old 2009-12-22, 07:41   Link #500
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Except I didn't point you out specifically, or anyone specifically for that matter. But if you did watch the 90's animes then you know how much farther recent animes get nowadays than back then.
Yes i know, though just because i do means that i can't get angry at this show?

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen