AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 9 8.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 31.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 22.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 8.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 7.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.87%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-30, 11:35   Link #141
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
@HayashiTakara

I think you meant paternal, because Yuji as a mother... no let's not go there.
What? Men can't be Mr. Moms?
Old 2007-10-30, 11:37   Link #142
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

All i'm saying is i better not see pictures of Yuji in a dress posted.
Old 2007-10-30, 13:10   Link #143
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh wow...the drama...

i cant wait to see shana join forces with yoshida the way this is going

i still say that hecate is hecate - you maybe good at playing dumb but you aint pulling the wool over my eyes (just watch that statement backfire ^^).

err...what can i say? still pretty much below S1 standards for me so im rather neutral with the whole goingons. one thing i dislike though...yuuji seems to have lost his brain during the time we last left him to rot...sheesh

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-30, 13:12   Link #144
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
zomg I found something interesting. Near the last scene, there was symbolism to the relationship between Yuji and Konoe, When Yuji and Konoe were smiling at eachother the parent bird sat on Yuji's shoulder while Konoe had the baby bird. So if I'm right about this, there is no romantic feelings involved with Yuji towards Konoe and vice versa. I think that Konoe isn't even mentally capable of thinking about romance, its basically like a baby chick that clings onto whatever they see first and claims that thing as their parent.

lol, after writing that I see the similarity in behavior with Konoe and a baby bird, and why the writer was constantly using bird references. Thats why I believe Yuji doesn't really get why Shana is upset, since its more of a Maternal feeling he has towards Konoe. Also, you gotta give Yuji credit that he never stopped thinking about Shana, cause as we all know, he does like her in that sort of way.

That's a nice interpretation on symbolism.

Maternal instinct... I thought Chigusa would be a lot better at that.

A big brother/ little sister relationship between Yuji and Konoe seems more likely than any romance.

I wonder though on whether the birds also symbolize the desire for freedom. A friend of mine suggested that if Konoe turns out to be Hecate, the birds represent Hecate's desire to be free of cold and emotionless prison-like state that she had endured before ever meeting Yuji in Season 1. There hasn't been any mention or scenes of the Balle Masque after the 3rd episode so something big is over the horizon.
Old 2007-10-30, 14:47   Link #145
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
zomg I found something interesting. Near the last scene, there was symbolism to the relationship between Yuji and Konoe, When Yuji and Konoe were smiling at eachother the parent bird sat on Yuji's shoulder while Konoe had the baby bird. So if I'm right about this, there is no romantic feelings involved with Yuji towards Konoe and vice versa. I think that Konoe isn't even mentally capable of thinking about romance, its basically like a baby chick that clings onto whatever they see first and claims that thing as their parent.

lol, after writing that I see the similarity in behavior with Konoe and a baby bird, and why the writer was constantly using bird references. Thats why I believe Yuji doesn't really get why Shana is upset, since its more of a paternal feeling he has towards Konoe. Also, you gotta give Yuji credit that he never stopped thinking about Shana, cause as we all know, he does like her in that sort of way.
Nice observation, hadn't thought of that! That would also be one more hint in the direction of Konoe being some sort of proxy or clone, seeing the total lack of common sense and the like. I am now even more intrigued than before... and in dire need of episode 5. Oh well, no fast forward button IRL ;(
Old 2007-10-30, 17:55   Link #146
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Well there was that whole 'make you own memories' thing that yuji told hecate...

Old 2007-10-30, 19:25   Link #147
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
Well there was that whole 'make you own memories' thing that yuji told hecate...
true but yuuji was also pretty cruel what he said after that i thought he could've refrained from saying his last one or two lines like you're empty etc
Old 2007-10-30, 20:04   Link #148
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Training

I wonder how'd it would be if Margery was ushered into training Yuji just on one occasion.
Old 2007-10-30, 21:37   Link #149
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Personally I read a few people's dislike of the this episode is that they didn't like the inconsistent way Yuji is being displayed.
I find his behaviour entirely consistent. He does not have a romantic interest in Konoe, but he always tries to help someone who needs help, and nobody needs more help than Konoe.
Old 2007-10-30, 22:05   Link #150
fuzzles
anal retentive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
I find his behaviour entirely consistent. He does not have a romantic interest in Konoe, but he always tries to help someone who needs help, and nobody needs more help than Konoe.
exactly he thinks he's just doing the right thing which is also his duty since he was assigned to help her
Old 2007-10-30, 23:57   Link #151
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I've been reiterating that point about Yuji not seeing Konoe as a romantic interest for several pages. He sees no reason why Shana would be angry at him. He's just helping someone helpless.
Old 2007-10-31, 01:00   Link #152
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I like Konoe, I'm not a "Shana-fan," and I didn't really like this episode. It's really kinda pointless and I got really bored before the halfway mark. It does feel filler-like. Pretty much the only thing that vouched somewhat for this episode is Shana's cuteness when she ate that ice-cream. Just to clarify to die-hard fans I'm not dissing the series or seasons, but this episode. 5/10 Uh yeah, there's pretty much nothing else. I hope the next one will be like the third.
Old 2007-10-31, 02:46   Link #153
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Then explain the festival scene in S1. He ran off to comfort a girl whilst leaving his mum and hundreds of others in a dangerous situation. What is your definition of consistency? Just S2? Just this episode?
Old 2007-10-31, 04:22   Link #154
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I've been reiterating that point about Yuji not seeing Konoe as a romantic interest for several pages. He sees no reason why Shana would be angry at him. He's just helping someone helpless.
Dude, you saying
Spoiler:
is not a romantic interest when the
Spoiler:

fact is, if the 'dark side' can live in peace and not do bad things,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-31, 13:33   Link #155
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh wow...the drama...

i cant wait to see shana join forces with yoshida the way this is going

:
The last scene with Yoshida and Shana eating lunch together on the roof blew what was left of my brain cells for tha day. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. A Yoshida/Shana Coalition would be so much fun to watch. But could their combine powers beat the natural Moe-ness of Konoe/Hectate?
Old 2007-10-31, 13:42   Link #156
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

4 episodes in and people are already calling it the doom, so sad.... I love the way the season is going, I say the best way to enjoy a show is to turn off your brain and enjoy it for what it is, if you over think things you won't enjoy things, if you can't help but be over analytical then maybe watching shows isn't for you? nothing wrong with being simple, you tend to enjoy things more, being too high strung will just give you grey hairs and end up hating alot of things, imo thats no way to live.
Old 2007-10-31, 17:50   Link #157
fuzzles
anal retentive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
4 episodes in and people are already calling it the doom, so sad.... I love the way the season is going, I say the best way to enjoy a show is to turn off your brain and enjoy it for what it is, if you over think things you won't enjoy things, if you can't help but be over analytical then maybe watching shows isn't for you? nothing wrong with being simple, you tend to enjoy things more, being too high strung will just give you grey hairs and end up hating alot of things, imo thats no way to live.
exactly everyone's expectations are so high, i feel this is a good thing since they're moving like this theres defiantely gonna be 24 episodes again!
Old 2007-10-31, 17:53   Link #158
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post
exactly everyone's expectations are so high, i feel this is a good thing since they're moving like this theres defiantely gonna be 24 episodes again!
I hear it's 26, making this and SnS 1 combined a straight 50 episodes.
Old 2007-10-31, 18:50   Link #159
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
The last scene with Yoshida and Shana eating lunch together on the roof blew what was left of my brain cells for tha day. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. A Yoshida/Shana Coalition would be so much fun to watch. But could their combine powers beat the natural Moe-ness of Konoe/Hectate?
I do wonder what their next move will be, I think you make a very good point as it will be interesting.

Also it kinda throws a spanner into the argument that it is just Shana acting uber jealous of kinda caring oni-chan Yuji. If Yuji is just being protective, why the *bleep* is Yoshida jealous too?
Old 2007-10-31, 19:03   Link #160
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I do wonder what their next move will be, I think you make a very good point as it will be interesting.

Also it kinda throws a spanner into the argument that it is just Shana acting uber jealous of kinda caring oni-chan Yuji. If Yuji is just being protective, why the *bleep* is Yoshida jealous too?
Personally, here's what I think:

Shana: Stop it with the selfishness. It just seems that everytime a girl gets close to Yuji, you get bothered by it and try to split the two up. Either admit to Yuji that you're jealous so that he can spend more time with you or just stop flat out being jealous.

Kazumi: Face it. You just don't know Yuji enough to know that he cares for just about everyone. If you only knew Yuji is just protecting Fumina like an older sibling protects a younger one, then, you wouldn't be as jealous as Shana. I'd say ignore both Shana and Fumina for a while and get to know Yuji anymore. Ask him questions about his personal life and stuff. Then you'd be all set.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2007-10-31 at 19:04. Reason: Removed first quote.
Closed Thread