AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-27, 18:45   Link #261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A question for the gun experts; How much difference is a 9mm to a .45 pistol? I mean stuff like recoil, is the kick of a 45 that much bigger? In what case would one be preferred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hmm...so...I got my hands on volume 1 of Hidan no Aria AA, and provided some new information (and characters) for the HnAverse.

So...we'll probably be using it, right?

*runs off with secret files*
Err if you want I guess...
Old 2011-05-27, 18:46   Link #262
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Name: Alicia Capone
Nationality: American-Italian
Butei Rank: A
Ancestor: Al Capone
Department: CVR
Bloodline Ability: Murderous Intent - Precision Kill
Weapon: Colt S.A.A mod .45 ACP, M37 Western Custom (Ithaca M37 crossed with a lever-action system), jeweled switchblade (belonging to her ancestor), silver-plated Tommy Gun (kept in school locker), BAR mod 7.62
Friends: Ayari/Kanari, Karla, Meikyo

Originally from the US, Alicia was an ordinary student from a Chicago middle school, where she got into a brush with the law by seriously injuring a group of local teens for trying to hit on her. As a result, her parents packed her up and sent her to Japan, enrolling her in the local Butei Academy in hopes of reining her behaviour in. However, that didn't change her personality, but her grades are above average and thus she was streamed into the Civetta class.

When Meikyo was streamed into CVR, she was unable to walk. As a result of her previous transgressions, she was often picked on by the students from other classes, no matter how the Civetta girls try to protect and help her. To make matters worse, NK has despatched agents to take her out. On one occasion, a couple of agents tried to take her out while she is out for her medical checkup, but failed and thus held hostages. Hitomi then appeared and shot them out with her revolver. After that incident, they both became fast friends and she was assigned as a "protector" to the now more-vulnerable Meikyo.

Alicia is an extremely charming girl, however, her yangire personality makes her a figure of fear for her enemies. On another occasion, the car of the Tokyo mayor, who seeks to close down the Butei Academy as "it is a school of breeding violence", parked outside the school, while the mayor criticised the school for taking in Meikyo while passing by the class. Alicia then took her Thompson during lunch break and destroyed his car, which is parked near the school entrance, sparking an uproar in school. Though the nothing happened as EU and a number of prominent politicians (who hated the mayor) intervened, she was given a month of detention after school, which Meikyo visits her every day.

Alicia and Meikyo, despite being foreigners, developed a fledgling interest in the otaku culture of Japan. Alicia's dislike of the Tokyo mayor stemmed from the latter's constant censorship of "harmful material", thus making it hard for both of them to pursue her interests. Subsequently, she took an interest in airsoft weapons, and tried to get Reisen to modify an airsoft M1918 BAR into a real weapon, but was turned down as she did not have enough cash. She then vandalised his yacht with spray paint, and as revenge, Reisen fired teargas grenades into her dorm on a daily basis until Meikyo begged both sides to stop, partly because she living in the same room as Alicia too. Hence, Reisen modified the gun for her, and she agreed to pay him in instalments.
Are you sure this brusque lady is in the right department?
Old 2011-05-27, 19:19   Link #263
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Èlise: Ugh, my imagination is crafting a beautiful woman who speaks like "Give me the money or he gets it, see? Nyeh~ Bleah~"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-05-27, 19:39   Link #264
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In other news, the author took my Tsubame Gaeshi chan away from me. You can't have 2 descendents of Sasaki Kojirou at once can you?! T_T

*orz in the corner with the affected vampire-ninja*
Old 2011-05-27, 19:54   Link #265
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The next "My OCs and others' OCs" batch.

Fiorenza Diotallevi
Spoiler:

Sanae Noriaki
Spoiler:

Jin Yamazaki
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sheba; 2011-05-31 at 17:05. Reason: Added Aila
Old 2011-05-27, 20:08   Link #266
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
In other news, the author took my Tsubame Gaeshi chan away from me. You can't have 2 descendents of Sasaki Kojirou at once can you?! T_T

*orz in the corner with the affected vampire-ninja*
I actually find this rule to be absurd. Genetics doesn't work that way. Perhaps the particular set of genes isn't always inherited, but many people can and do claim ancestry to a particular person in history. For example, the possible descendants of Genghis Khan are 1 in 200.
Spoiler for Quote:
Unless an ancestor line has only had one child for every generation, you're going to see a spread of genetic material. Hell, I could be descended from Genghis Khan, since my family's bloodline was from that region.

That said, I am not keen on seeing abuse of bloodlines / ancestors. You don't need to be descendant of Abdul Alhazred, Faust, or Rasputin to be unique.

Last edited by Tempy; 2011-05-27 at 20:20.
Old 2011-05-27, 20:36   Link #267
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Of course, genetics don't work that way, but for purposes of character composition in a story, "The One" rule applies. In this case, her unique point was naming every move Tsubame Gaeshi, even actions that don't even remotely resemble a triple slash. Being Sasaki's descendent gives her access to that trait, and the Monohoshizao. Having a canon character who is that, AND has a unique sword, ruins the setup.

But I've already gotten around that; Blanche d'Arquien calls everything Tsubame Gaeshi, except does not know how to use the true Tsubame Gaeshi, and has no Monohoshizao. As a vampire-ninja, I forgot that her ultimate playstyle is that of a bard.

So the voluptious vampire-ninja, weaboo, occult expert, Countess d'Arquien and her trusty lefty bass-axe. No further conflicts.

I'm only lacking red armor here...
Old 2011-05-27, 21:47   Link #268
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Of course, genetics don't work that way, but for purposes of character composition in a story, "The One" rule applies. In this case, her unique point was naming every move Tsubame Gaeshi, even actions that don't even remotely resemble a triple slash. Being Sasaki's descendent gives her access to that trait, and the Monohoshizao. Having a canon character who is that, AND has a unique sword, ruins the setup.

But I've already gotten around that; Blanche d'Arquien calls everything Tsubame Gaeshi, except does not know how to use the true Tsubame Gaeshi, and has no Monohoshizao. As a vampire-ninja, I forgot that her ultimate playstyle is that of a bard.

So the voluptious vampire-ninja, weaboo, occult expert, Countess d'Arquien and her trusty lefty bass-axe. No further conflicts.

I'm only lacking red armor here...
Or, you could, you know, be creative and make an actual Original Character rather than ports and combinations of existing characters from other anime.
Old 2011-05-27, 22:50   Link #269
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Come on let me have my post rug-from-under-feet wallowing in peace and I'll get back to serious OCing after that.
Old 2011-05-28, 00:15   Link #270
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Are you sure this brusque lady is in the right department?
Al Capone, like most crime bosses, are able to command their followers because of their charisma. Those who are immune to their charm, suddenly gain a whole lot of enemies.

So, yeah. It gives us a new enemy to deal with anyway, namely the Tokyo mayor who is actually working for international organised crime and abusing his position. What nobody knows is that he actually rigged votes through multiple underground elements to stay in power.

Ayari/Kanari have indirect blood-ties to organised crime anyway, while Reisen used to work for them. The mayor could make a great ultimate boss.

Reisen : You could pawn that switchblade of yours to me as payment.
Alicia : NO! It is my family heirloom!
Reisen : Think about it! If you do that, I'll modify any weapon you want! Heck, I'll even throw in top-grade accessories for free!
Alicia : How much is that blade worth anyway?
Reisen : It is worth USD$5,000,000 in your ancestor's time. Add in inflation, the breaking of the Bretton Woods, revaluation of currency.......
Alicia : *jaw drops*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-28, 04:04   Link #271
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Err if you want I guess...
It's not a matter of wanting or not...just sharing what I know (and some might already know), and also because of the Amica system.

So, I'll keep it in spoiler tags...

Spoiler for Hidan no Aria AA:

Well, that's what I was able to figure out of the raws
Old 2011-05-28, 04:59   Link #272
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
It's not a matter of wanting or not...just sharing what I know (and some might already know), and also because of the Amica system.

So, I'll keep it in spoiler tags...

Spoiler for Amica System:

Well, that's what I was able to figure out of the raws
Well for Amica system it can be from both girls or both boys or a girl and boy pair up because
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-28, 05:14   Link #273
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Well for Amica system it can be from both girls or both boys or a girl and boy pair up because
Spoiler:
I see...I should really go read the novel
Old 2011-05-28, 05:50   Link #274
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Living life on the fast lane.

Spoiler for portrait:

Name: Yukio Yamakawa @ Derek Yamakawa
Date of Birth: TBA
Nationality: Japan
Class: 2nd Year
Division: Logi (Informa as elective)
Butei Rank: B (Potentially A, but held back due to machinery of choice)
Ancestry: Saigō Takamori
Equipment: UZI pistol, throwing knives, katana

Other Info:

Spoiler:

Background:

Spoiler:

Personality:

Spoiler:

Abilities and Skills:

Spoiler:

Facts:

Spoiler:

Last edited by kct; 2011-06-12 at 07:46.
Old 2011-05-28, 06:19   Link #275
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Fuuma and Kinji are amica? Where does it say that?
Old 2011-05-28, 08:16   Link #276
tsunade666

I read it in the LN thread. Isn't that the case? I can't read the vol 1 so I'm not sure.
Old 2011-05-28, 09:38   Link #277
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

[
I think you are trying way too hard to cram as much fetishes or moé points into one single character as possible to make them "perky", to the point they feels "forced". Moreover some of your characters will soon get called out on being ports of characters from existing series (Erio from Denpa Onna anyone?).

If you have looked a the Aria cast so far, it's actually one of the more conservatives around, where the most outlandish element is a vampire.
Spoiler:

And in the batch of OCs we have right here and now, Mara is the more outlandish and yet reasonably stays rather conservative. The keywords being conservative and reasonable. Sometimes, take a step back, look at the bigger picture and ask yourself if you have gone overboard or not.

PS: I can't help but notice that this whole "conservative" mindset eventually dictated my choice of pictures for OCs.

PPS: And last night have raped my mind with three more OC ideas, including an old guy working as weaponsmith master in Amdo, likely a friend for Coach and D-Boy, a forensic girl as the local shrinking violet and a muslim girl Butei who actually might be one of the less conservative of my bunch. I need to meditate more on them.

PPPS: I dig that Sakaki Kojiro's descendant in the Aria manga. Rich girl + long dark hair + pantyhose + stalker tendencies, that is win.

Last edited by Sheba; 2011-05-28 at 09:51.
Old 2011-05-28, 09:52   Link #278
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I read it in the LN thread. Isn't that the case? I can't read the vol 1 so I'm not sure.
Aria hires Fuuma to find out about Akari's technique: Tobiugachi, translates roughly to Kite Pierce, a ninja technique used to extract the opponent's eyeballs or organs.
Old 2011-05-28, 12:08   Link #279
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

More swapping :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Name: Karla Bidan
Nationality: German-Korean
Butei Rank: Maintenance Engineer E-2
Ancestor: Gerhard Barkhorn
Department: Logi
Bloodline Ability: Pilot any aircraft or robot by instinct. Horrendous with land vehicles.
Weapons: Baton, Glock 26
Friends: Ayari/Kanari's parents - One of the only few who knew about Ayari/Kanari's true background, Reisen

Background : A former student from the German Butei Academy, she was almost granted a scholarship into the Luftwaffe but it was retracted when she was convicted for dangerous driving during her driving test, running the car through a lamppost and almost severing the car into half. Nonetheless, she was the school's top aircraft pilot and graduated from the academy with honors, therefore the school attached her to the Japanese Butei Academy. The academy was skeptical of her skills, so she was assigned as a second-level engineer.

Initially innocent, she was thrust into the underworld and conspiracies after the Unamichi twins were suddenly deposited on her doorstep with a letter simply bearing the words "Take care of them. Please." in familiar handwriting, and 10 million euros deposited into her bank account. She had been the unofficial guardian of the twins for four years since she arrived in Japan.
And a bad guy :

Name: Kintaro Izahara
Nationality: Japanese
Bloodline Ability: Mock Talk - able to make even the wrongest things sound right
Weapons: None
Friends: Unknown

Background : The mayor of Tokyo, Izahara is known to be a caustic speaker, however he still gets to keep his seat in the Diet, though there are rumours that he was placed there to protect the interests of certain people.

Despite making enemies with the powerful EU and a couple of Yakuza syndicates, Izahara stays relatively safe. It is said that the Japanese Internal Security Agency echelon keeps him there to draw out spies from EU working within the ranks of the Japanese government, as well as to purge any undesirable interests to Japan's sovereignty. However, unbeknownst to them, Izahara also works with certain countries around the world, turning a blind eye to drug-trafficking, racketeering and prostitution on the grounds of Tokyo. Despite the long reaching arm of the police and Butei, the appearance of North Korean agents, Golden Triangle drug dealers and other interest groups speaks lengths about the mayor possibly having a hand in it. As EU is currently tied up in the hotspots around the world, and the Butei Academy refusing to risk students doing these missions*, there are no incriminating evidence.

However, with the arrival of highly determined first-years, a foreign pilot with ties to one of Izahara's indirect victims, and a highly resourceful "fugitive" seeking vengeance from the Izahara for unknown reasons, his days are slowly numbered.

* - Known as -/X and 0/A missions, namely deniable data-gathering and forcible apprehension (a.k.a kidnapping) cum high-risk rescues respectively. To date, only two graduates within Tokyo Butei Academy have conducted these missions, and both died shortly after, with one girl from CVR repeatedly raped by her captors before escaping and dying from exhaustion, and an Assault top male student suffering multiple bullet wounds before bleeding to death during extraction, unconscious captive in hand.

According to a few psychics at SSR, as well as Amdo students who have interacted with Reisen for spare parts, there are some possible hints that Reisen had conducted multiple 0/A missions and couple of gruesome -/X which involves retrieving heads of dead people for memory engram studies, due to his mysterious but vast knowledge of how Buteis operate and how EU functions. However, since he spent 3-4 years doing deniable operations around the world, firstly for the Metro government, then for many interest groups around the world, it is hard to extract useful information from his potpourri memories even through psychic mind-reading of the SSR.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-06-10 at 08:56.
Old 2011-05-28, 12:13   Link #280
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

I'd suggest you to tweak your villain a bit. The mayor himself is... a bit too much in my opinion. Perhaps a mere politician seeking the top seat, or a corporate may do. You can even keep the yakuza connection.
Closed Thread