Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 20:35   Link #3921
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Oh, by the way, finally unlocked the AMX 13 90, though it's at best technically stock. Gonna have to free-exp my way through the suspension at least, and though I'm torn if I go straight for the 90mm after that, or just grind the last engine first.
I was willing to offer gold to free xp the frenchies, but it looks like you reject me too much.

Spoiler for lab rat:
Old 2013-03-15, 20:51   Link #3922
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
use sniper mode no matter how close they are to you, that help with shooting weakpoint when you get to high tier, where almost every tank is heavily armored.
I'm not a big fan of sniper mode for close range combat for two reasons:

1) The lack of spatial awareness
2) The clutter on my screen whenever I get shot. And boy do I get shot a lot

But from the looks of it, I'll just have to get used to doing that. This game is so far out my confort zone... but why is it so addicting! Dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
-snip-
I looked up those special spots after a couple matches (namely after my tank caught fire a couple times, or my ammo blew up on my face). Still gonna take practice to aim for those spots during a confrontation, so for now I'm be happy that I get to shoot people's tracks when they try to run off

Also thanks for pointing my towards the Soviet tanks. I had a lot of fun with the T-26 (fell in love with that 45 mm 20K gun). The T-46 doesn't seem half-bad either, so tomorrow should be a fun day.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 21:24   Link #3923
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, here's a game in the T71 that I lost -- I was doing very well, including a chase on a Type 59 that ended with me killing him with a ram and surviving! I then got randomly TK'd by someone even though there were no enemies around..

We ended up losing by ONE tank .. a below 30% HP T34 was left standing.. That one TK shot cost us the game, I swear..

Old 2013-03-15, 21:29   Link #3924
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, here's a game in the T71 that I lost -- I was doing very well, including a chase on a Type 59 that ended with me killing him with a ram and surviving! I then got randomly TK'd by someone even though there were no enemies around..

We ended up losing by ONE tank .. a below 30% HP T34 was left standing.. That one TK shot cost us the game, I swear..
Good...unleash your hatred...

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-03-15 at 23:27.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:17   Link #3925
willx
Nyaaan~~

Forever Alone~! (I won though.. )

Old 2013-03-16, 00:28   Link #3926
Gravitas Free Zone

This guy was more alone:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

We were in the queue for about 90 seconds before this match. I was surprised that the matchmaker didn't put us in some kind of weird cosmic horror game featuring 24 SPGs.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-03-16 at 00:46.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 02:15   Link #3927
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
use sniper mode no matter how close they are to you, that help with shooting weakpoint when you get to high tier, where almost every tank is heavily armored.
This is normally the case yes, but there are a few exceptions to this situation. For instance, if you know that your opponent's armor is weaker than your gun, then you can just stick to arcade mode and autoaim. This saves precious time in trying to aim and getting a round off, which is important especially if your opponent has a gun as powerful as yours. I do this a lot with my US meds when fighting against other mediums or French tanks, saved my bacon a lot of times.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 02:27   Link #3928
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
I'm not a big fan of sniper mode for close range combat for two reasons:

1) The lack of spatial awareness
2) The clutter on my screen whenever I get shot. And boy do I get shot a lot

But from the looks of it, I'll just have to get used to doing that. This game is so far out my confort zone... but why is it so addicting! Dammit!
try use this

http://www.curse.com/wot-mods/worldo...shadow-remover

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 02:43   Link #3929
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

First official images of the Leopard 1:

Not sure why they're showing it in a new China-based map, but at least the map looks good.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-03-16, 02:52   Link #3930
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i think you already show us that

Old 2013-03-16, 03:48   Link #3931
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i think you already show us that
I showed the -unofficial- images of the Leopard 1, aka leaked from the test server. These pics are from Wargaming themselves, complete with camouflage and a glimpse of one of the new maps in 0.8.5.

The In Development page has more pics, along with a new Soviet Light Tank, the T-60.

Old 2013-03-16, 03:56   Link #3932
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

nevermind. actually it's willx that show it to me

Old 2013-03-16, 05:06   Link #3933
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I need 117,080 xp to get the T110E4 unlocked.

from what ppl say that have the tank, says its got better armor but its only upgrade is smaller silhouette, better accuracy, prolly more or the same ammo storage, one person said the T30 was better suited for hilly terrain. idk but it uses same hull on the E5, and I like the E5.

with a reload of 8.43 secs, 42 total rounds, small and low profile silhouette, good armor, and decent spd and acceleration. anyways i can't wait to get it.
Old 2013-03-16, 07:51   Link #3934
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I showed the -unofficial- images of the Leopard 1, aka leaked from the test server. These pics are from Wargaming themselves, complete with camouflage and a glimpse of one of the new maps in 0.8.5.
Those images were revealed on the same day as the leaked images, at least on the EU servers.

Anyway last hurrah on the IS:
Images
And on the Tiger
Images
flawless victory
I sold those tanks and my new garage combo looks like this now:
Images
new garage combo

And yes it was expensive:
Images
before
Images
after

Quick first impressions: T32 an oversized medium tank with the appropriate awful stock gun.

IS-3; every time I faced an IS-3 I had so much trouble penetrating the tank upfront so I thought to myself the tables have finally turned. Instead every thing seem to easily penetrate me... am I missing something here?
The tank is also slower and way less manoeuvrable than the IS.
Images
Tiger II first victory

Gun doesn't do much damage but at least I'm penetrating things. Luckily the first gun upgrade (10,5cm) doesn't cost a lot of research points.

Money wise I'm making a profit (without premium), the 30% bonus simply gives me a bigger profit margin, even on losses (as long as I'm doing damage of course). I suppose the cheaper ammo and repair cost on the stocks guns, turret and suspension is the reason for this.
Old 2013-03-16, 11:15   Link #3935
Gravitas Free Zone

The T32 has the same gun as the T29, but packed into a smaller turret, so the ROF is down a bit. (And it's up a tier, which doesn't help it at all.) On the plus side, the final turret is even stronger than the T29's while having a smaller profile.

The wiki points out a few nice things about the 32, while the broader WoT world doesn't seem to like it very much. The premium T34 seems popular, though.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:16   Link #3936
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
IS-3; every time I faced an IS-3 I had so much trouble penetrating the tank upfront so I thought to myself the tables have finally turned. Instead every thing seem to easily penetrate me... am I missing something here?
The tank is also slower and way less manoeuvrable than the IS.
Did we play the same tank here, or was your IS-3 not fully kitted yet? With the top engine and upgraded tracks, it should move faster than even your IS did.

As for penetration... the secret to the IS-3's armour is not thickness, but the pike nose on its front and the spaced armour on the sides. If you've been angling with it like you would a German tank, that just means you've been presenting your enemy with a flat plate. Of course it'll be easier to penetrate that way.

Always face your enemies straight-on with the IS-3. Angles don't help it at all.

Quote:
Gun doesn't do much damage but at least I'm penetrating things. Luckily the first gun upgrade (10,5cm) doesn't cost a lot of research points.
I think this has been mentioned before in the thread actually... but with the Tiger II, don't bother with the short 105. Stick with the stock long 88 until you've unlocked the long 105, then use that.

The short 105 has slightly less penetration, lower accuracy, and much greater cost per shell, simply for an alpha upgrade. Whatever you'd bounce with the long 88, you'll bounce with the short 105, AND it'll cost you more out of your wallet to boot. Only the long 105 is a real upgrade to the long 88.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:20   Link #3937
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

becuz it has the 120mm for tier 8.

as for T32 its only upgraded from the T29, but has the same gun. I've already said that before, it depends if u want the upgraded T29 with the same gun and 43 rounds, 8.73 secs or something reload. compared to the T29's 9.71 secs or something.

T32 is a good tank, with the exception of the 105mm. Its a bit of a challenge to play, becuz its can pen so well unless ur aim for weak spots for massive damage or the sides or back.
Old 2013-03-16, 11:59   Link #3938
Blaat

Thanks Ascaloth I really appreciate the advice. And yes I have been angling the IS-3, angling the tank is second nature now guess I'll have to unlearn it.
Old 2013-03-16, 13:10   Link #3939
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

So... I decided to go for the french heavies on the clan's acc. Any tip you will say to me? I know that i'll have to pass trough the horrible B1, any advices?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 14:50   Link #3940
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Good game with ES on Tier 8

The difference between 105 & 120 is like night and day!

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks