AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2017-05-09, 13:53   Link #921
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
>Actually, Apharmd S doesn't appear in the Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On novel.
>Will this unit appear in the game version?
>In that case, who will pilot it?
>By all means, please wait for the follow-up report.

So... basically teasing. Next tweet on Wednesday.
That's likely Saten's Virtuaroid, like they said it did not appear in the novel but she has the name on her team uniform like the other three have in the color illustration. Which means Grys-vok is likely going to be piloted by Uiharu to complete the Railgun set/team. Well, Aogami being one of the pilots was a far chance, anyway.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-10, 06:26   Link #922
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
That's likely Saten's Virtuaroid, like they said it did not appear in the novel but she has the name on her team uniform like the other three have in the color illustration. Which means Grys-vok is likely going to be piloted by Uiharu to complete the Railgun set/team. Well, Aogami being one of the pilots was a far chance, anyway.
Not quite happy with that hypothesis. Saten seems like such a waste for this game despite her popularity... Oh well.

===

New tweets:

The next virtuaroid revealed is: RVR-14 Fei-Yen kn: Fei-Yen the Knight.

Images
Oratorio Tangram Pics
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And the pilot is:

Images
Shirai Kuroko

Like before: first two tweets, lore; third tweet, comment.

>It appears in the Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On novel as Shirai Kuroko's favourite unit.
>It was actively holding its own while supporting the Raiden piloted by Misaka Mikoto.
>There is inexhaustible interest in how her Level 4 ability will influence the unit in the game.

So... more teasing... <sigh>

Next tweet, next Wednesday.
Old 2017-05-13, 22:37   Link #923
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
The next virtuaroid revealed is: RVR-14 Fei-Yen kn: Fei-Yen the Knight.

And the pilot is: Shirai Kuroko
-
Seriously, though: Fei Yen was already the fastest VR in the game (Especially in Hyper mode), so Kuroko teleporting would just make that VR broken AF.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 06:49   Link #924
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

New Tweets:

The next virtuaroid revealed is: RVR-12 APHARMD C: Apharmd the Commander.

Images
Tweet Pics

Watari Juurou also made a tweet about it:

>Apharmd the Commander is characterized by the real sword machete that it wields.
>With that in mind, which Index character should pilot it...?

Images

So once again: ...nothing much. Two's a coincidence but three's a pattern. They'll probably just continue teasing units but keeping the details of who will pilot them for much later.

Next tweets Wednesday.
Old 2017-05-17, 15:08   Link #925
LazyHunter

As long as Tsuchimikado is one of the new pilots I'm good.
Old 2017-05-24, 06:08   Link #926
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

New Tweets:

The next virtuaroid revealed is: HBV-502-H8 RAIDEN : Raiden.

Images
Tweet Pics

And the pilot is...

Images
Misaka Mikoto

Which we already knew from the novel...

>In the Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On novel, the Raiden was Misaka Mikoto's favourite unit and played and active role.
>In Academy City, she is one of the most distinguished espers (Level 5) and is ranked #3 which she uses together with her unit.
>How will she play in the game? ... ... We're currently diligently working at the game studio!

They really are dragging this out as much as they can...

Next tweets Wednesday.
Old 2017-06-02, 05:16   Link #927
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

New Tweets:

They were a day late but the next virtualoid revealed is: RVR-75 RAIDEN Ⅱ: Raiden Ⅱ.

Images
tweet pics

No pilot info as expected. Just a promise the next tweet will be on schedule on Wednesday.
Old 2017-06-03, 00:13   Link #928
Reuan

I admit I don't know that much about Virutal-On, but I hope it does good in both character representation and gameplay, I plan on buying it when it releases so I'll find out for sure then

The Index Mobile MMO is alright, there was definitely effort put into it though it still needs some work which is alright because it's currently still testing and it doesn't really have major problems. Of course it's a good thing they mostly got the anime content out of the way so they dive right into the later stuff(as they currently are)
Reuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 07:44   Link #929
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

New Tweets:

Two virtuaroids revealed today (or two variants of the same one):

First: SAV-326-D/9 GRYS-VOK: Grys-Vok.

Images
tweet pics

Second: SBV-328-B STEIN-VOK: Stein-Vok.

Images
tweet pics

No pilot info. Next tweet on Wednesday.
Old 2017-06-08, 04:54   Link #930
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Both -Vok variants were basically low-cost alternatives to Raiden (A high-performance, high-cost Heavy Virtuaroid). Grys-Vok is a missile boat while Stein-Vok is a walking Laser Cannon turret. The core machine is just the legs and that tiny set of front arms with a machinegun, the weaponry are all add-ons that it carries on it's shoudlers and back. My guess is we'll be seeing these guys in the hands of Skill-out charatcers.

EG disposable mook armies.
Old 2017-06-08, 08:24   Link #931
LazyHunter

Grys-Vok? Going by the novel that one is piloted by either Uiharu or Aogami, and one doesn't have to be a genius to think that they'll likely complete the set of Railgun girls with Uiharu and Saten (likely pilot of Apharmd S). No idea on who the Raiden II's pilot could be since it didn't show up in the novel. Maybe a Sister?
Old 2017-06-14, 04:36   Link #932
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Both -Vok variants were basically low-cost alternatives to Raiden (A high-performance, high-cost Heavy Virtuaroid). Grys-Vok is a missile boat while Stein-Vok is a walking Laser Cannon turret. The core machine is just the legs and that tiny set of front arms with a machinegun, the weaponry are all add-ons that it carries on it's shoudlers and back. My guess is we'll be seeing these guys in the hands of Skill-out charatcers.

EG disposable mook armies.
Will the game even have a world where you can run into Skill-Out in the first place? Don't these arcade fighting games normally have a story mode broken up by one on one fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Grys-Vok? Going by the novel that one is piloted by either Uiharu or Aogami, and one doesn't have to be a genius to think that they'll likely complete the set of Railgun girls with Uiharu and Saten (likely pilot of Apharmd S). No idea on who the Raiden II's pilot could be since it didn't show up in the novel. Maybe a Sister?
Wasn't Aogami fond of Dordray or whatever it was called? There was a -Vok piloted by one of those dark side espers that Kamijou fought against.

Anyway...

New Tweets:

The next virtuaroid revealed is: RVR-42 CYPHER : Cypher.

Images
tweet pics

Appeared in the novel:
>In the Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On novel, a unit based on the Cypher, called the Blue Stalker, appeared in the Index world and given a unique power-up.
>Its obvious from the previous sentence but it has overwhelming fighting power which I also expect to see play an active part in the game version.
Old 2017-06-14, 06:23   Link #933
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Will the game even have a world where you can run into Skill-Out in the first place? Don't these arcade fighting games normally have a story mode broken up by one on one fights?
- The arcade versions of the first Virtual On and Virtual On Oratorio Tangram worked that way. Then VO Force introduced tag battles, and the PS2 MARZ game had a story mode wherein you fight off multiple opponents. Now the problem is that some of the VRs work best against one opponent (EG powerful focused attacks)--meaning you had to select your target and attack. A good player can switch between two enemies quickly in battle. But three at once gets difficult (god damn those Rose Sisters).

So while I don't know if Skill Outs will be in this game, I wouldn't put it past them to have you encounter multiple enemies as part of a story mission.

If you've played any of the Gundam VS Gundam games, you have an idea of how that enemy select system works. Manageable if you only need to target one of two enemies but three...and you'll be frustrated because the target select goes off and picks the enemy you DON'T want to shoot at that half-second.

The GvsG games also have similarities to early Virtual On games, only with an orthodox arcade joystick and buttons (the original Virtual On required twin sticks, which I still think are more intuitive for a mech game)
Old 2017-06-14, 19:41   Link #934
LazyHunter

Quote:
Wasn't Aogami fond of Dordray or whatever it was called? There was a -Vok piloted by one of those dark side espers that Kamijou fought against.
Oh yeah, I don't know why I thought Aogami also had that one.
Old 2017-06-20, 12:53   Link #935
Callum18
Fukou da

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/certain-m...ter-2018-japan

Game is coming out Winter 2018.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.

Last edited by Callum18; 2017-06-20 at 16:40.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-21, 06:01   Link #936
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum18 View Post
interesting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
  • We’re trying to make the game as close to the game in the novel as possible.
  • While keeping the genes of Virtual-On, this is a reboot with the Virtual-On that appears in the novel.
  • Currently, we’ve passed the alpha version and are creating the basic parts of the game.
  • The number of Virtuaroids that appear in the game is still a secret. There will also be Virtuaroids outside of those that appeared in the novel.
  • For the rules, we’re thinking of a framework based on points, so we’re constructing a way of putting together regulations and actions to go along with them.
  • You gain points by stealing downs, and the outcome is determined by the number of points you have.
  • The game isn’t just online battles and co-op, there is a single-player story to enjoy as well.
  • Since each Index character has a special ability, the idea is to choose and combine them with compatible Virtuaroids.
  • There are plenty of games where you fight in 3D spaces. I want to propose a new way of playing. It will be important to incorporate the abilities of the Index characters.
  • Nowadays there aren’t as many players who find enjoyment in one-on-one battles as there were back in the day, so we need a design suited to modern society in addition to the one-on-one battle style.
  • I want the game content to allow even users who don’t play games much to have fun.
  • I may be able to say something regarding the game’s release window at the Tokyo Game Show. Right now, I can’t say anything more than “winter 2018.”
Tokyo Game Show will be held on September 21-24, so expect the next major news update then (just a week before DB Autumn Festival...)

Also,

New Tweets:

The next virtuaroid revealed is: RVR-68 DORDRAY: Dordray.

Images
tweet pics

>In the Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On novel, Kamijou Touma's bad friend, Aogami Pierce, was charmed by this unit and was getting it tailored and customized.
>However, it has given off a faint 'illegal?' scent... Honestly, its in a delicate spot as to whether or not it will appear in the game version in its current form.

Old 2017-06-21, 08:24   Link #937
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Point system.

I'm not liking the sound of that. It's starting to sound a lot more like a free to play pay to win mobile game than a proper VO game...
Old 2017-06-21, 09:08   Link #938
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
The one thing I can assure you is that it wasn't like what you're thinking in the novel; it shouldn't be like that in the game. Maybe the point system is triggering some alarms but think of it like boxing where at the end of every round you are given a score based on how you performed during the round. Your playstyle, damage received and damage dealt will determine what score you get at the end of the round. The one with the most points wins the round (akin to KO-ing the opponent in a fighting game).
Old 2017-06-28, 15:16   Link #939
LazyHunter

Yeah, like OH&S said, it has nothing to do with that, it's just being accurate to the source material, the crossover.
Quote:
There are two ways to defeat an opponent in Next Generation Game Virtual-On. The first is to score more points than your opponent by the end of the game. The second is to destroy every member of the opposing team. Preliminary matches are being held in each of Academy City’s districts and then a tournament will be held between representatives of all 23 districts. Victory there will make one the strongest player in both name and reality.

Game Rules
The game ends when one side wins two of three sets. But unlike a normal fighting game, the primary goal is not to wear down a gauge representing stamina or armor. More like judo or wrestling, the points earned from “legal blows” determine the winner (i.e. it is a form of e-sports). Virtual-On is generally won by scoring more points in two of the three sets, but KOs are also possible. And if every Virtuaroid on a team is destroyed, that team is defeated and the game ends.
Old 2017-06-30, 03:53   Link #940
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

A day late but...

New Tweets:

The next virtuaroid revealed is: SGV-417-l ANGELAN: Angelan.

Images
tweet pics

>In the beginning of the Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On novel, an intense VR battle (& war of words) unfolded between Angelan, Shokuhou Misaki's favourite unit, and Misaka Mikoto's spurred on Raiden.
>The colouring and head shape etc. are original specifications; it was incredible how hospitable it was!

Images
More OraTan Pics shared by Watari

Also first confirmation of Hamazura Shiage's virtuaroid:

Images

Last edited by OH&S; 2017-06-30 at 04:18.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote