AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-18, 22:39   Link #61
Akumabito

Am I the only one who's getting flashbacks of Cosprayers/Smash hit/Love Love? No, I'm not talking about the story either.
Akumabito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 05:52   Link #62
Shenlong

This show is turning out better then I thought in episode 2. The panties fanservice is a bit distracting at times but I am enjoying this show. There is some substance behind this show
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 11:39   Link #63
sleepyfozzie
ragnarok~

I'm unexpected hooked by Uta-Kata. I thought it was going to be Kiddy Grade meets Card Captor Sakura. (both series of which I enjoyed anyway.), but there's something additionally intriguing about Uta-Kata.

I wonder if Ichika and Manatsu are just repeating whatever occured to Sei and Kai previously.
sleepyfozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 12:27   Link #64
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I think you're right on target sleepyfozzie. The way Kai looked when Sei gave Ichika the yin yang charm seemed suspicious.

Spoiler:

Old 2004-10-24, 17:06   Link #65
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoy this series more and more. Just saw episode 4 from l33traws. There's still not a lot of excitement, just nagging mystery, and a strange, abstracted mood that I find moving. The huge eyes are huge canvases the artists use to convey feeling and character. I am touched by Ichika's conflicted feelings between her natural "majime" self (serious, being a good girl) and her need to lie about Manatsu. Somehow, the mood is building. And Sei, Kai and the mystery woman have a lot to tell us before the story ends.

The OP and ED are my favorites of the fall. Along with Nekomimi Mode, they are the ones that I can't get out of my head.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 08:11   Link #66
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Does anybody happen to know if there's a website out there that has episode summaries past episode 2? I've been getting the raws since they've been coming out, and while my otaku level of understanding Japanese allows me to understand some of what is said, it's usually the important stuff that escapes me. It would be nice if some other group picked this up, since Lunar hasn't put out a new episode in over a month.
Korb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 22:42   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I have put three episode summaries on animenfo.com and will try to do the rest.

I've been trying to read some of the blogs at Hatena Diary (d.hatena.ne.jp) and it seems that the Japanese "diarists" think the art is good in this series, the voice-acting good, the music good, but some think the script is pretty bad.

I think all are good, but I see the point. The script is unusual, rather limp in a way, but very atmospheric. The show is like a tone poem rather than an anime series. The important thing is mood and feelings, those of the characters and those of the audience. Overall, the plot creates an aura of vague dread, but its details aren't constructed for maximum impact. I think that's why a couple of people described the plotting as "inept". I could almost have said the same thing myself about Kiddy Grade, director GOTO Keiji's previous big series. I've only watched episodes 4-6, but I had a lot of trouble caring what happened. In this case, however, I think the muffled plot works.

One blogger described the show as a "test" for debut seiyuu HONDA Yoko as Ichika. This is her first role and she is on-screen almost all the time. In episode 8 she even has to simulate vomiting, and does too good a job of it. Her picture is on her agency's profiles page:
http://www.nf-imenterprise.com/html/profile_3.htm
Same agency as NAKAHARA Mai, SAITO Chiwa, UEDA Kana:
http://www.nf-imenterprise.com/.

The seiyuu for her magical friend Manatsu, on the other hand, has a lot of experience. She is ASANO Masumi (called "Masumin"). Here are her page from Animenfo and then her own page and her page from Starchild:
http://www.animenfo.com/animeseiyuu,...no_masumi.html
http://www.masumin.net/indexx.htm
http://www.starchild.co.jp/artist/asano/photo/

And here's a pic of the two of them together, with "Ichika" on the left and "Manatsu" on the right (contrary to the caption):
http://vstation.net/gokuraku/utakata/

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2004-11-29 at 15:03.
Old 2004-11-29, 02:24   Link #68
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm sure many of you will be pleased to hear that Uta Kata 3 has FINALLY been released. But not by Lunar. I can't speak for Lunar, and I don't know if they've dropped that project or not, but AnimeYuki and Sailor Spork Productions kindly presents Uta~Kata 1 to 3!
Old 2004-11-29, 02:34   Link #69
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
According to Lunar's forum, they've had episode 3 finished since the 23rd, they've just been delayed on releasing it. Personally, I've already given up on getting the rest of the series from them. They're already half a season behind on it, and I doubt they'll go ahead and finish it up with the next batch of new series going on the air in about a month.
Old 2004-11-29, 03:37   Link #70
fiberOptiC
LunarAnime video wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korb
According to Lunar's forum, they've had episode 3 finished since the 23rd, they've just been delayed on releasing it. Personally, I've already given up on getting the rest of the series from them. They're already half a season behind on it, and I doubt they'll go ahead and finish it up with the next batch of new series going on the air in about a month.
First of all Lunar has not had uta-kata done since the 23rd. We are working on it yes but its not done. Yes im crediable Im the head encoder for lunar. I also would like to comment on your assumptions. We really want to finish this series but are having diffuculty because the translator that worked on it had to move and look for a job. One of our other translators is working on it when he has time but we are all very busy with other projects and our real lives. If you have given up on us thats your decision but at least be a little respectful towards other people.
fiberOptiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 06:25   Link #71
Korb
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberOptiC
First of all Lunar has not had uta-kata done since the 23rd. We are working on it yes but its not done. Yes im crediable Im the head encoder for lunar. I also would like to comment on your assumptions. We really want to finish this series but are having diffuculty because the translator that worked on it had to move and look for a job. One of our other translators is working on it when he has time but we are all very busy with other projects and our real lives. If you have given up on us thats your decision but at least be a little respectful towards other people.
Right, sorry. I meant the 22nd, which is when the translator posted on your own boards that he was finished with ep 3. I assume that there's still timing and karaoke, and encoding to do on it, but surely that doesn't take a week to do, does it? Probably a couple hours at most. Granted, you guys aren't speed subbers, but if other groups can put out a 24 minute show within 48 hours of it airing in Japan, I don't see why it takes a week after a translation is reportedly finished to do the same.

I've been patient and understanding for the past 44 days, downloading raws, reading summaries on blogs, doing what I can to follow this story being told on the other side of the ocean. Now I have another source for getting what I want, and I hope they continue with it. Whatever disrespect you've read into this, and my previous posts concering Lunar's production of this series is an illusion on your part. I have placed no blame on any single person for the delays, nor have I derided Lunar as a whole for the same. I simply want my anime, and thanks to AnimeYuki and SailorSpork I'm finally getting it.
Old 2004-11-29, 16:58   Link #72
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For anyone interested, there is a Japanese site that has photos of the places in and around Kamakura that are shown in Uta-Kata:
http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~autumn/tabi_utakata.html

The photos are arranged by episode. In the fifth line down on the page, the colored letters are links to four pages: episodes 1, 2-4, 5-7, and 8-on.

Another site says that Elfen Lied, Midori no Hibi and Koikaze are also set in Kamakura.
Old 2004-11-29, 19:27   Link #73
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I really love this show--it has a wonderful slice-of-life feel to it, some gorgeous (if vaguely sleazy) transformation sequences and great seiyuu. Uta~Kata is in no way similar to the type of anime I'd normally go for, but I was incredibly happy to find out that another group had started fansubbing it. The artwork and production values are stellar. The animation has a level of smoothness comparable to Bee Train's works, although Uta~Kata's character designs are more intricate. Most importantly, I find that the level of fanservice is just right--it's not overwhelming, and doesn't prevent the viewer from taking the characters seriously.

Uta~Kata is a beautiful, pleasant and relaxing anime, and the individual episode plots are (perhaps surprisingly) not at all boring. The characters are cute and endearing, too; I can't wait for the next episode.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 20:21   Link #74
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Another site says that Elfen Lied, Midori no Hibi and Koikaze are also set in Kamakura.
There was a site mentioned in the Koi Kaze thread where the people found the locations and recreated some of the scenes in the OP.

That's pretty cool.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 20:57   Link #75
Korb
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
There was a site mentioned in the Koi Kaze thread where the people found the locations and recreated some of the scenes in the OP.

That's pretty cool.
There are sites where people have done the same with the Onegai Teacher/Twins series. I think if I ever take a trip to Japan, that city by the lake is going to be one of my first non-Tokyo stops. It just looks so nice there. Also Noir has faithful recreations of Paris, France. I feel sorry though for whomever is living in that apartment. They must get hounded by shoujo-ai fans non-stop that want to see it.
Old 2004-11-29, 22:07   Link #76
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korb
Historically, all but 1 time, when a group has tried to go faster than lunar on a project that has been stalled, they mysteriously appear with the rest of the episodes quickly out of nowhere.

The AnY/Spork sub is disappointing. They copied the opening lyrics 1 for 1. (How can I tell? because Lunar has them WRONG! Also, it was not exactly 1-1.. there are typos...) I didn't feel like watching the rest of the ep after that. Their translation of the rest of the ep is probably ok, its not like uta-kata is hard to t/l...

/me waits for decent group (i.e., someone who actually gets the opening song right) or raws to finish downloading
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 22:32   Link #77
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Great links! I thought you also had other links specific to the others. I also notice..there are tons of German cars in the pictures...I spotted an Audi A4, VW new Beetle, BMW X5, VW Passat. I guess those are their "luxury" cars. I already found the Onegai Twins / Onegai Teachers real location sites. Time to search for the Koi Kaze one!

Also, in case anyone cares during this debate. I don't know Japanese. English is not really supposed to be my first language (though it is now due to sheer exposure to books), but I can't really tell the difference as long as I understand the story. I appreciate we all have our lives, but thanks to those who continue the job, and thanks also to those who started it.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 23:35   Link #78
ecchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Historically, all but 1 time, when a group has tried to go faster than lunar on a project that has been stalled, they mysteriously appear with the rest of the episodes quickly out of nowhere.

The AnY/Spork sub is disappointing. They copied the opening lyrics 1 for 1. (How can I tell? because Lunar has them WRONG! Also, it was not exactly 1-1.. there are typos...) I didn't feel like watching the rest of the ep after that. Their translation of the rest of the ep is probably ok, its not like uta-kata is hard to t/l...

/me waits for decent group (i.e., someone who actually gets the opening song right) or raws to finish downloading
i understood that

animeyuki used an old translation from the junk pile, after lunar pushed ep 1 out and they dropped it, then they donated the scripts to spork to finish it, so there goes the story. i believe that, i bad op doesnt mean a bad episode, i watched ep 3 myself, it looks good, except the "Omega Divemaster" part, it's supposed to be "Orga Divemaster"

I've seen most of animeyuki stuffs, especially tactics, kurau and kenran, they are good, so i think its worth a try

it's your own opinion, you can download it and give it ur own thoughts
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 23:56   Link #79
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Here are links to some pages with pics of the Onegai series places at Lake Kizakiko in the Nagano area:
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~smith/article/log/20030825.htm
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~kazeyama...o/one2sato.htm
Old 2004-11-30, 00:17   Link #80
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Apterous
Sorry about the typos, 3 eps at once is hard to keep up with. AnY's script used "mum" instead of "mom", so I did a simple search and replace after QC just before the final encode, and forgot to capitalize one at the beginning of a sentance. The shifted type of ep 2's preview is also my fault, but who watches the preview when the next ep is already out? And no one has complained about ep 3 yet.
I know nothing about the op. I was handed scripts and was told "these are old, dunno who did them." We used AnY's since they were karaoke'd, but if people are accusing us of copying, I'll dig up Spork's old t/l and we might use that. And I personally think the op song sucks compared to the ed song, anyway.
In any case, QC will be tighter now that we're handling one ep at a time.

PS: WATCH MORE CUTIE HONEY!
Apterous is offline   Reply With Quote