AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-05, 18:23   Link #41
moshun

i thought the author liked Nirvana or something so thats why he named the show Bleach
Old 2006-01-05, 18:30   Link #42
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 青和紙
If you look at Japan, they tend to pride themselves on their purity as a nation and a people. Japan, as of 2000, is 99.4% Japanese, with no significant immigration or emigration fluxuations. They have stringent immigration regulations (MUCH more than the US), and they've never had a serious problem with illegal immigration (they're an island, go figure). So, if there were really a Japanese boy (half or full) with that kind of hair in today's high school system, it would make total sense that he would stick out and be persecuted against to a certain extent. Just like in the US with Political orientation coming from one's family during middle and high school, it seems natural that certain "resentment" toward Americans and American influence might be filtered down to today's generation of Japanese (although I really doubt it, unless a family REALLY hated America).
but what about all the other kids with blue, purple, red, green, white, and teal colored hair?
Old 2006-01-05, 18:33   Link #43
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
There are too many reasons to call the show Bleach. While everyone has their favorites, it is clear that the mangaka just took it as his theme and then threw in as many different examples of Bleaching as he could. Otherwise why are there so many good reasons?

The color of Ichigo's hair and the bleaching of Rukia's robes both appear in episode 1. That's pretty good evidence that he didn't have a single reason because he knew people would be looking for the meaning of the name in the first chapter. When more than 1 reason was found in that first chapter he had to know it would keep people guessing. Obviously he meant that.
Yeah. My own favourite interpretation is that bleach kills germs and keeps your bathroom clean, whereas Shinigami kill hollows, and keeps the world "clean". Even though that's my favourite interpretation, it's clearly not the only thematic link to bleach that has been deliberately placed in there.
Old 2006-01-06, 00:14   Link #44
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshun
i thought the author liked Nirvana or something so thats why he named the show Bleach
...thats an original one....

im startin to believe that he named it bleach cus he wanted to mess with us
Old 2006-01-06, 00:37   Link #45
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
Bing-Bong!

We have a winner!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-06, 05:06   Link #46
moshun

Quote:
...thats an original one....

It's the Nirvana album, people. Kubo is a hardcore musictard, hence the very interesting theme songs for the characters, and hence the title of the series.
http://forums.narutofan.com/archive/...p/t-46908.html

Named after Nirvana\'s first album, Bleach is the story of 15-year-old Kurosaki Ichigo, a boy with a constant scowl on his face, who just happens to see ghosts.
http://www.tv.com/bleach/show/28625/...0&flag=&order=
Old 2006-01-06, 20:13   Link #47
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Just because something is said on a website such as NarutoFan's forum or Tv.Com doesn't make it true. I happen to believe it myself, but please don't flash around fan made sites like these as evidence. (Tv.Com is edited by "knowlegable" fans, not by anyone actually affiliated with Bleach.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-06, 23:27   Link #48
GundamZZ
残念美人

I knwo some red heads doesn't dye their hair right. They ends up having orange hair. For many Japanese manga readers, it's unwritten. Manga characers can have different hair color, and their real hair color is black. Different hair color is used to distinguish each character. For Ichigo's case, he most likely dye his hair to orange. It doesn't sound right. How about this manga is actually story about laundry.

There was a similar case in Bastard. It took twenty or more volumes to reveal that the title is named after Dark Shneider's birth. The manga bleach may eventually give about the explanation.
Old 2006-01-06, 23:28   Link #49
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Just because something is said on a website such as NarutoFan's forum or Tv.Com doesn't make it true. I happen to believe it myself, but please don't flash around fan made sites like these as evidence. (Tv.Com is edited by "knowlegable" fans, not by anyone actually affiliated with Bleach.)
...you took the words out right out of my mouth, but mine would have been alittle bit more charged with insults , im goin to stick with my previous theory
Old 2006-01-06, 23:31   Link #50
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
...you took the words out right out of my mouth, but mine would have been alittle bit more charged with insults , im goin to stick with my previous theory
Insults are bad, mm'kay?

I wonder if Kubo Tite finds it funny when fans work themselves into a tizzy trying to figure out why he named it Bleach?

Old 2006-01-06, 23:52   Link #51
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
I wonder if Kubo Tite finds it funny when fans work themselves into a tizzy trying to figure out why he named it Bleach?
I would. Like someone else said earlier in this thread, if I were ever in the same kind of position as someone like Kubo, I'd give the series some vague name to keep people guessing. Maybe something like...Pen.

Person 1: ZOMG, he's using a pen! That must be why he named it pen!

Person 2: No way! It must be short for penguins! Look, he watching them on TV!

Person 3: Pfft, you're both idiots. He named it that just to drive people like you two nuts.

Person 1 & 2: Stfu n00b-juice! What the hell do you know?!
Old 2006-01-06, 23:53   Link #52
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
Probably Naming your story something really creative, and having people debate over it, always gives the writer satisfaction. It makes you feel witty I guess Whenever I write for my creative writing class, I always think up titles that will blow the socks off my teacher, or atleast I try to. The title is one of the most important things It's the first thing you read..well..most likely the first thing.

I doubt we'll ever get an answer. Unless there is some HUGE reason why it is named Bleach that he just isn't telling us. It'd be cool if the name held some secret to a future plot.
Old 2006-01-07, 05:42   Link #53
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

if u had a show and it was named something random, it probably woulndt mean anything to anyone else but u i think this the case
Old 2006-01-07, 11:55   Link #54
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
if u had a show and it was named something random, it probably woulndt mean anything to anyone else but u i think this the case
Well obviously it means something to us...since we are all debating about it. Or in other words, it doesn't mean anything to us yet

Bleach isn't completely random. Naming it something like umm..."picture frame" or "pen" would be random. But "Bleach" is, in a way I suppose, related to the series. Bleaching bad spirits, Ichigo's hair, they are all possible "theories" of why the show could have been named Bleach. If it were something completely and totally random, it would be much much harder to make a connection. *shrug*

Anyway, just be glad they didn't name the show....Bad Spirits or Shinigami or Ichigo or Hollow -.-
Old 2006-01-07, 17:15   Link #55
青和紙
Aowashi

Send a message via AIM to 青和紙
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
but what about all the other kids with blue, purple, red, green, white, and teal colored hair?
That's why Anime is such a popular form of art - it has that fantasy, alternate-reality quality to it. I mean, think about all the Anime which is mostly inspired by and/or meant to resemble Western culture. Not really Japanese, are they?
Old 2006-01-07, 19:06   Link #56
Morisato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
That's because they don't REALLY have blue, purple, red, green, white, and teal colored hair, you've never heard in any anime where someone says "hey look at that guys green hair" (unless his hair really was green). But most of the time, they're only colored to help the audience distinguish characters, in the world of the anime, they're hair is actually black/brown.
Old 2006-01-07, 22:20   Link #57
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato
That's because they don't REALLY have blue, purple, red, green, white, and teal colored hair, you've never heard in any anime where someone says "hey look at that guys green hair" (unless his hair really was green). But most of the time, they're only colored to help the audience distinguish characters, in the world of the anime, they're hair is actually black/brown.
Um, what?

This is anime we're talking about, so whats with calling the colored hair just being a distinguisher? When was there ever a rule stating that "colored hair is just to allow people to distinguish one person from another"?. None, nada.

And the reason they dont go round saying: "hey, look at Mr. X's X colored hair!" is because its NORMAL in their world.
Old 2006-01-07, 23:17   Link #58
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

If I stare at this thread long enough, everything suddenly becomes clear:
Old 2006-01-07, 23:52   Link #59
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
If I stare at this thread long enough, everything suddenly becomes clear:
what the....ROFL
Old 2006-02-16, 03:08   Link #60
eLcHaKeTeRo