AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-12, 11:49   Link #40781
Eratas123

Uh, no offense Demi, but Cake Eater seems to be getting off tangent. Wasn't it supposed to be about Ichika and the older harem? Readers might get turned off since the genre shift is pretty blatant.

You can put them in on the side or for some humor, but making too many and too focused and readers will be left scratching their heads why this is being focused on rather than what the summary says. You don't summarize a book as being an action adventure and turn it into a romantic comedy.
Old 2013-03-12, 17:43   Link #40782
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nah, no offense taken.

The sidestory will be a completely different one set in the same universe. Basically Ichika's story and the story of the poor sod who eventually took his place. This mostly from the theory there are more male IS pilots but just haven't been discovered yet.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 18:50   Link #40783
Eratas123

Then you might want to indicate that in the summary, otherwise people will be wondering how in the hell the two are related. Granted I show parts where Dan and OC Yuuki hang out, but that's mostly to show how the male gender gets treated in Reversal. Turns out having only one adult male pilot still doesn't do much for the other sex.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:16   Link #40784
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I really want to see that someday
Oh, I so WANT to do that. To bad all the Arcs of different fic I had has the same path: Dan only reveal his true ability mid story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
isn't that... a stu?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Depends on how you see it.

He/She appears only once, masked, nameless, barely any interaction with any character throughout the duration of their one and only appearance in the story.

Not a bad thing I'd say but that's my view.
SPACE FLEA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
On a more related note, the next chapter for Reversal is underway, and I need advice: I planned to give Chifuyu about 8 swords: 4 now and 4 after second shift, but after that I'm stumped. Any tech tips?
1. Something for long range combat
2. Something that can be concealed
3. Standard katana (yes)
3. Trick sword (flame, whip etc)

Or a combination thereoff
Old 2013-03-12, 20:33   Link #40785
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Yeah, except this time Chifuyu is female, so no 'Compensating for something' jokes.
Tsk Tsk Tsk... Eratas, there is always room for Compensating for something joke!

In this case, Compensating for something missing!

In Chifuyu's case, overcompensating for lack of a boyfriend (though at this point, the character is most likely trolling her).
Old 2013-03-12, 20:55   Link #40786
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Actually, compensating for something used to be IN GREATER EFFECT THAN THE GUY'S before Moe fad kicked in mid 2000s, then it become a norm for girls to have big gun/sword, to highlight how tiny and cute the girls are.

Two words.

"PENIS. ENVY."
Old 2013-03-12, 21:03   Link #40787
Eratas123

Uh, no, not really. Chifuyu has no penis envy, mostly because she's straight and has no issues with her sexuality. She's basically like a more sane Houki for the most part, albeit friendlier and more social. She also loves snarking, as shown when she deadpans on Ichika naming her IS an Iron Maiden of all things right before she wears it.

BTW, Type in "Metal Gear Rising Mistral Boss Fight" on YouTube. Closest thing to a cyborg ninja vs IS boss fight you'll find. Make sure you click the one that says HD in the title.
Old 2013-03-12, 21:05   Link #40788
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I knew that, I just said other characters WILL have different idea
Old 2013-03-12, 23:01   Link #40789
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I don't even know what penis envy is, sorry.

Oh, and did you search the vid?
Old 2013-03-12, 23:12   Link #40790
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Penis envy in Freudian psychoanalysis refers to the theorized reaction of a girl during her psychosexual development to the realization that she does not have a penis. Freud considered this realization a defining moment in the development of gender and sexual identity for women[1] - the parallel reaction in boys to the realization that women do not have a penis being castration anxiety. In contemporary culture, the term sometimes refers inexactly or metaphorically to women who are presumed to wish they were men.[2]

The psychoanalytical concept of penis envy is unrelated to the "small penis syndrome" which is the anxiety of thinking one's penis is too small,[3] (though Otto Fenichel did explore the possibility of a boy's envy for the adult [paternal] penis).[4]
Mind you, it's an idea, not even a suggestion, much less and order. So there

Watch the vid, and in my opinion, incorrect. I.S. had MUCH bigger advantage due to open terrain, a ninja-like character need to fight them up close and personal, and I.S., with inhuman reaction and supreme firepower ain't going to give that.

Of course, it's a different story if said ninja had higher reflex and at least comparable speed and durability as the vid shown. But even then, I.S. can fly, so point is moot.
Old 2013-03-12, 23:23   Link #40791
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh, although I have my own take on it with [Terrestrial Dreamer] (Also called Celestia Dreamer, more or less referring the same thing). It's like I.S., but much smaller, and sustained flight are something beyond them. The move by leaping and dashing (think Megaman series)

They carry downgraded I.S. weapon and shield, but to compensate, high grade sensor are placed by default. This allowing them to go toe to toe with I.S. in dense area such as forest or urban environment. In open terrain, TD units will be massacred by numbers.

In short, if I.S. are samurai/knight, they are thief-ninja
Old 2013-03-13, 01:51   Link #40792
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Well, cyborg ninja's can jump absurdly high Oh, and how physically strong are IS supposed to be?
Old 2013-03-13, 02:10   Link #40793
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

We knew that they can punch through concrete wall like human punch trough a plywood, and comparison can be done: they can punch through most APC/IFV the same way, or tearing average car into two like you would do to a bread.

EDIT:

Continuing with MSG Sheanigans, I found something UNSETTLING with the HF blade tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Deepthroat, Spacebattles.com
HF Blades
HF Blades work by channelling an alternating current through a blade (evidently capable of being made of a variety of materials given one was made of wood) creating high frequency vibrations in the weapon. The vibrations act on the electron shells of atoms in the sword and on the local electromagnetic field, strengthing the blade's material and disrupts any atoms it comes into contact with. According to both Kevin and Blade Wolf, the effectiveness of a HF blade is proportional to the quality of the blade used in it's making. Sam's sword, a 600 year old katana made by a legendary Japanese swordsmith, is considered in universe one of the best HF weapons ever made
WOOD? DECIDEDLY LOW QUALITY IRON SWORD? WTF?

Although I suppose this can be used in Mirrorverse, since I.S. core did hack out reality to an extent.

Such as Ichika use a flattened giant bar as anti-mecha blade

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-03-13 at 03:43.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 03:38   Link #40794
DarkJak2050

Has anybody felt like that you just can't write?

You have everything all set up, you know the whole concept of your story/chapters you're going to write, but you just have no "energy" to actually write them?

Lately, I've been having this issue...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 03:45   Link #40795
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ TO be honest, I did. Looking back you will notice that I always complain about abbysmal writing. It's when I actually lose energy to overcome the confidence issues, and it's quite often.
Old 2013-03-13, 04:46   Link #40796
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Doesn't beat the one thing we all wish we had: NANOMACHINES!
Old 2013-03-13, 08:49   Link #40797
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Another something, supposedly taking place during/after Maya's office scene during the early parts of V4:

Spoiler for Investigation:
Old 2013-03-13, 08:52   Link #40798
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mmm... Having no energy in writing is usually because all your energy is running wild. You want to write butyou can't find it in yourself. You need to find something to properly channel your energies through AKA do what you currently feel. If that doesn't work. Try writing somethoing on gut feeling to get words flowing again.
Old 2013-03-13, 09:33   Link #40799
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's actually one of the least worse aspect, seriously, flipping a 300 ton metal gear? Nanotube muscle? Bah. 600 men gave a total yield of 60.000-90.000 kg at most, that's like 60 ton lift force. (and that assuming the ground didn't gave up first)

I use more toned down version of, well, everything, really. Less handwavium and more sciencey
Old 2013-03-13, 09:45   Link #40800
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But it was somewhat sciencey XD

so what do you think about combining all my male OC into one big side-fic Zero?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest