AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-05, 15:01   Link #221
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I was thinking about making a mahou shojo tai one, but Anbu_33 beat me at it >_< (btw the one with ravens is awesome!, I like it a lot ^^ )

heres my second entry, I didnt want to make more banners (and to be honest people arent very enthusiastic about Saint Seiya, what a shame T_T) but after watching ep 6 of marimite I couldnt resist ^^

I dont know which one too choose >_<! oh well, I have to anyway, so Ill go with the second one.
Old 2004-09-05, 15:16   Link #222
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Manti, I like the second one too but you might want to make the fading start a little earlier on the left side, part of her face seems a little too transparent nice work thought ^_^ I was hoping someone would make a bannaer from this series, I find it very fall-ish hehe.
Old 2004-09-05, 16:08   Link #223
nooc

Well, atleast I have to try...

Old 2004-09-05, 16:19   Link #224
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Grav, my top3 favortie out of yours are...

love the leaves on the Puca one!
Old 2004-09-05, 16:26   Link #225
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I was thinking about making a mahou shojo tai one, but Anbu_33 beat me at it >_< (btw the one with ravens is awesome!, I like it a lot ^^ )
well thanx , and you could still do the banner its not like i own the rights to the anime , you could probably do a better job than me , and i was going to make a SS one but dont think ill get too many votes and just couldnt find any decent pics

i liked the first banner , but the text could be a little better , add some color to it .
Old 2004-09-05, 16:33   Link #226
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
Hey guys can you help me pick a final top three?!
Thanks >__<.

I appreciate the effort, but most of these banners don't have anything to do with Autumn. There's a theme. Please work with me here. Only the FMA banners at the bottom are remotely Autumn because Ed is dressed in a cat costume for Halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooc
Well, atleast I have to try...

Once again, I have to ask how this is Autumn?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-05, 17:04   Link #227
aahhsin

Alrite I just made this because I don't want to study.

I tried the method I used for my signature, a Realistic background with cartoon characters in the front.

School Starts in Fall (At least from where I come from), 3 friends walking to school. How is that NOT autumn?

What do you guys think?
Old 2004-09-05, 17:13   Link #228
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin

I tried the method I used for my signature, a Realistic background with cartoon characters in the front.

School Starts in Fall (At least from where I come from), 3 friends walking to school. How is that NOT autumn?

What do you guys think?
I really like it! A lot!

(Please remember that this is bumping your first submission unless you tell me otherwise.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-05, 17:17   Link #229
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin

What do you guys think?
hmm? thought the ends had to blend, but I like it anyway
Old 2004-09-05, 17:21   Link #230
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
Good point! This banner is invalidated unless that error is fixed!!

Old 2004-09-05, 17:42   Link #231
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
Crap I forgot about that...

Alright lemme try this I don't know if NSW will accept it, but it seems to work. (Hey who said that the edges have to be blue? )

Here's the original

Here how it looks like when it's extended

Now let's see....
Old 2004-09-05, 18:03   Link #232
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Oh! I like it Aahhsin! It's really cute. ^__^

I made one, too. I hope that you like it!

These girls are at Kishiwada Danjiri Matsuri. It's a Festival celebrating Autumn in Japan. That's why they're in kimono, deshou?

Last edited by MidoriShinobi; 2004-09-05 at 18:40.
Old 2004-09-05, 18:33   Link #233
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
aahhsin - dunno if it'll be accepted either, but it does seem to work ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
Oh! I like it Aahhsin! It's really cute. ^__^

I made one, too. It's not too late, right?

Um, these girls are all in kimono, so they're celebrating an Autumn festival!!
What if they were in them for the summer festival? Or is that a yukata? Oh well I'm just playing ^_^ anyway you should take out the thing on the far right or move it over so it's all in IMO
Old 2004-09-05, 18:42   Link #234
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Oh, her hair ribbon? Okay, I'll move it. ^^
Old 2004-09-05, 18:58   Link #235
Green²
It's bacon!

Mr_Paper:
Banner) 83% - I like the tree background in this one, though this banner feels as if it is missing something on the left half. (Falling leaves or other fall-like material could probably work good there.)

boneyjellyfish:
wildtemplate) 66% - The lighting just doesn't seem to flow here IMO, though I think this fault might be placed on the character at the right. (I would probably try to spread out the blue lighting to some background objects if possible.)

aahhsin:
banner3) 78% - I do like on how this theme is going, though the background leaves just don't seem natural IMO. (I would probably try to mix them up a lot more, and to try to make use of image rotation and curve bend filters. If the leaves are from a brush, you may find it easiest to add them to a new transparent layer, thus avoiding on altering the bluish background and character objects.)

deathsvengeance:
banner_attempt2-3_f01) 90% - Hundred Stories, now that was a kick ass series. Yet she is a rather dark character, and for some reason, the only thing that I can think of to add to this banner is some blood objects. (Blood text first comes to mind.) Though the current text looks ok as well.

Tzurial:
gashbanner) 81% - For some strange reason with this banner, I feel like taking a fork and stabing that character in the eyes. Yet the dash theme mixed with the leaves does appear to work good together.
cheesebanner) 87% - Looks good throughout this banner. Though I've got no idea how how to improve it without killing the cute-only/Autumn theme.

Oneesama:
asukibanner_1) 94% - It doesn't seem to be missing anything IMO as it looks great all around,.. Though if you feel that you want to add something more, there's always the blood effects,... that is if you're going for a eerie type theme. (Kind of like a small amount blood on the center feather and a light blood spray on the character's face.)

Necrodeath:
AutumnBannerContest3-4) 86% - This banner has a good balance of colors and lighting,.. The text however, could stand out a bit more IMO.

OMchan:
banner_animesuki_naruto) 99% - Genius,.. Dash theme with a leaf mix, and with characters that best fit that theme. The only thing that I would try to do is to make that Forums text a bit more readable. (Perhaps by making the text size slightly bigger.)
banner_animesuki_hagaren) 90% - Good character spread and the leaves do seem to mix well thoughout that,.. I would probably only try to make the text only slightly less transparent to make it easier to spot.
banner_animesuki_hxh) 89% - Nice action/Autumn theme here,.. The character shadows are overlaping the background leaves and are cutting them off. (I would set the shadow layer to around 75% - 80% transparency.) Or if the leaves are designed to be shadows, you could extend the shadow over the character.

/Will try to get to more later.
Old 2004-09-05, 19:09   Link #236
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²[b
deathsvengeance:[/b]
banner_attempt2-3_f01) 90% - Hundred Stories, now that was a kick ass series. Yet she is a rather dark character, and for some reason, the only thing that I can think of to add to this banner is some blood objects. (Blood text first comes to mind.) Though the current text looks ok as well.
Eh, I didn't want it to be too dark considering it needs to appeal to the masses, not just me. I think her holding the skull is dark enough ^^ and I like the text I chose

on a side note: why haven't I seen you on MSN lately?
Old 2004-09-05, 19:10   Link #237
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

It's a shame we can't replace the background with a suitable tile for a given banner (if provided with the banner)... As so far (IMHO) aahhsin's last banner (without the not-so-nice blend attempt) actually does feel "fall" / "autumn" like. Not the best banner, technically, but definitely fits the theme for me.

Maybe we could consider such an option next time, as we've got rules for this one already and I wouldn't want to move the goal posts so late into the game.
Old 2004-09-05, 19:17   Link #238
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsvengeance
Eh, I didn't want it to be too dark considering it needs to appeal to the masses, not just me. I think her holding the skull is dark enough ^^ and I like the text I chose

on a side note: why haven't I seen you on MSN lately?
I thought blood did appeal to the masses?

/Got it running now. SP2 been a real pain.
Old 2004-09-05, 19:28   Link #239
nooc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I appreciate the effort, but most of these banners don't have anything to do with Autumn. There's a theme. Please work with me here. Only the FMA banners at the bottom are remotely Autumn because Ed is dressed in a cat costume for Halloween.

Once again, I have to ask how this is Autumn?
I thought those things in the bg were leaves falling. That's autumn, dam it! Ah well.
My superior imagination made me do one more.. (the difference is immense)

Old 2004-09-05, 19:45   Link #240
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

There's my attempt at fixing it! How does it look? ^o^
Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest