AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 10:22   Link #23161
s07195
However,

I had an error screen pop up when unzipping, but that was all.
Reading it made me remember why I joined Animesuki for this thread in the first place (can't really say 'for' though, haven't done anything at all )

I really hope we could get the music first or something, because although I can stand reading plain text with a black background, the lack of BGM is kinda... unbearable . No offense.

EDIT: Yet, the day zero greentext... AUGHH

EDIT: And words like DAY ZERO END was added.

Last edited by s07195; 2012-09-24 at 10:36.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 18:54   Link #23162
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
I had an error screen pop up when unzipping, but that was all.
Reading it made me remember why I joined Animesuki for this thread in the first place (can't really say 'for' though, haven't done anything at all )

I really hope we could get the music first or something, because although I can stand reading plain text with a black background, the lack of BGM is kinda... unbearable . No offense.
It's cool--I agree with that. Unfortunately, I suck at choosing music and the only suggestion I had seen was Itsumo no Fuukei--which Kaisos wanted to be Kyonko's theme. And while I enjoy the song well enough, I can't imagine having it on repeat for a few hours.

Quote:
EDIT: Yet, the day zero greentext... AUGHH

EDIT: And words like DAY ZERO END was added.
Wait, are these things you like or hate? Because I'm willing to make fixes if people don't like things.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 22:14   Link #23163
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
It's cool--I agree with that. Unfortunately, I suck at choosing music and the only suggestion I had seen was Itsumo no Fuukei--which Kaisos wanted to be Kyonko's theme. And while I enjoy the song well enough, I can't imagine having it on repeat for a few hours.

Wait, are these things you like or hate? Because I'm willing to make fixes if people don't like things.
So the problem's just the selection, right? Not a lack of choice? 'Cause if we're planning to use BGMs from the anime, I've got a few, and Youtube is also an amazing resource. There's one BGM mainly used for Koizumi, for example (the one that sounds like elevator music).

Actually, the first one about the greentext is just being in agony over how self-aware it is. However, the DAY ZERO END sounds like a stage script being read out, like 'EXIT STAGE RIGHT'.... Although I guess there's no way of telling the difference with a black screen.
Old 2012-09-24, 23:09   Link #23164
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
So the problem's just the selection, right? Not a lack of choice? 'Cause if we're planning to use BGMs from the anime, I've got a few, and Youtube is also an amazing resource. There's one BGM mainly used for Koizumi, for example (the one that sounds like elevator music).

Actually, the first one about the greentext is just being in agony over how self-aware it is. However, the DAY ZERO END sounds like a stage script being read out, like 'EXIT STAGE RIGHT'.... Although I guess there's no way of telling the difference with a black screen.
Old music guy here. I made a couple of tracks for the Poker in the Clubroom piece when I was active on the project. I've got some character themes finished as well, but let's just say other things have kept me occupied instead. If you'd like them, I could PM the links.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 09:44   Link #23165
s07195
However,

I think you should send it to scify, not me. Unless he really needs help with selection.
Old 2012-09-26, 21:32   Link #23166
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Old music guy here. I made a couple of tracks for the Poker in the Clubroom piece when I was active on the project. I've got some character themes finished as well, but let's just say other things have kept me occupied instead. If you'd like them, I could PM the links.
That would work.

I'd like to go ahead and note that I'm just playing code monkey and minor editor here--no directing or whatnot. So as far as music selection goes, I don't really have an opinion, and I frankly wouldn't be qualified to give an opinion stronger than "That sounds okay" anyways.

But if you have something to put in the game, send it to me and tell me how to use it and I'll figure out how to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195
However, the DAY ZERO END sounds like a stage script being read out, like 'EXIT STAGE RIGHT'.... Although I guess there's no way of telling the difference with a black screen.
That's fair. I included those because Kaisos ended those scenes that way, but I have no idea if he actually wanted them in the final product or not.

I remember trying to decide if I should throw those into the middle of the screen instead of leaving them in the dialogue box, though I have no memory if I actually did or not.

Also, ideally those scenes would work something like:

Blah blah blah last lines of dialogue blah blah

[wipe to black]

END DAY X

[pause]

[fade to first scene of Day X+1]
Shadow takes all.
Old 2012-10-18, 11:10   Link #23167
Aerii

[belated]

This is awesome so far (though I haven't finished it yet). I thought the blurred background looked sorta meh, though. It'd probably look a lot nicer if you'd filtered it or something instead. Or, even better, there are tons of free backgrounds for games online. And yeah, needs more music. But now I'm hyped.

The green text confused me at first. Maybe that's what's supposed to happen. Anyway, there are a few things that could be fixed (like, spelling and flow on particular lines) but I'll save that for when I finish reading it.

I feel bad for Itsuko though... ;-;
Aerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 16:59   Link #23168
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerii View Post
[belated]

This is awesome so far (though I haven't finished it yet). I thought the blurred background looked sorta meh, though. It'd probably look a lot nicer if you'd filtered it or something instead. Or, even better, there are tons of free backgrounds for games online. And yeah, needs more music. But now I'm hyped.

The green text confused me at first. Maybe that's what's supposed to happen. Anyway, there are a few things that could be fixed (like, spelling and flow on particular lines) but I'll save that for when I finish reading it.

I feel bad for Itsuko though... ;-;
On the blurred backgrounds... agreed. It was an experiment that didn't quite work out, and I'm not enough of a digital artist (namely, I'm not one at all) to figure out something better. Also, some (most) of them were blurry due to being screencaps from VLC.

I'll put music in when I have some.

What about the green text confused you? Also, spelling errors!? Where? I could've sworn they had all been caught between Jintor and I.

... Unless they have to do with apostrophes. Then there might be a good reason, having to do with why the 'Replace All' function is not your friend. Shut it!

And yeah, line flow is a bit of a problem... I didn't spend too much time trying to refine that, as I was more focused on the bigger problemstired of looking at all the text. I'm happy to fix any issues people come across, though, so long as you give me a good idea of where they are.

Finally, did anyone pick up on the text speed changes in the prologue? I spent awhile trying to get that working, and it'd make me sad if it ended up unnoticed.
Shadow takes all.
Old 2012-10-19, 22:21   Link #23169
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I noticed them while reading the source code. They are not forgotten.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 22:38   Link #23170
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Also, ideally those scenes would work something like:

Blah blah blah last lines of dialogue blah blah

[wipe to black]

END DAY X

[pause]

[fade to first scene of Day X+1]
That is exactly what I wanted, yes.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 23:38   Link #23171
Aerii

Quote:
On the blurred backgrounds... agreed. It was an experiment that didn't quite work out, and I'm not enough of a digital artist (namely, I'm not one at all) to figure out something better. Also, some (most) of them were blurry due to being screencaps from VLC.

I'll put music in when I have some.

What about the green text confused you? Also, spelling errors!? Where? I could've sworn they had all been caught between Jintor and I.

... Unless they have to do with apostrophes. Then there might be a good reason, having to do with why the 'Replace All' function is not your friend. Shut it!

And yeah, line flow is a bit of a problem... I didn't spend too much time trying to refine that, as I was more focused on the bigger problemstired of looking at all the text. I'm happy to fix any issues people come across, though, so long as you give me a good idea of where they are.

Finally, did anyone pick up on the text speed changes in the prologue? I spent awhile trying to get that working, and it'd make me sad if it ended up unnoticed.
The green text confused me because it was like, "Eh? Who the hell is this talking? The writer? How intrusive to be offering your opinion now." But then I gradually figured, after they kept talking, "Oh, it's the narrator... oh, it's Tsuruya, who has supernatural powers. I think. Maybe it's a red herring. Whatever." For some reason, I haven't really been considering the possibility that the narrator (she's being called Midori, right?) is an OC. Oh well.

The typos toward the beginning were more varied in nature, but as it went on, they tended to be just missing apostrophes, yeah. I'm making a list, although I should just correct the actual script, probably. (Particularly since I've not been clicking every choice and using rollback lately, since it feels kinda like cheating...) Then again, what if you need to add something? Then you have an outdated script that has no typos and an updated script with typos.

>_<; And I didn't notice the text speed changes, actually... orz.

EDIT: Uh, also, guys, just letting you know... I think all the art has poofed. ;_; Almost every link under Art File is broken. The Many Faces of Mitsuuru works, but I haven't found any others. I'll look more meticulously.

EDIT: Okay, here is what's still there. If you want it, I'd strongly recommend saving it to your computer. Or maybe I will.

The Many Faces of Mitsuuru
Arceon's draft
Proof that they are espers
Bedroom

Last edited by Aerii; 2012-10-21 at 00:10.
Old 2012-10-21, 00:07   Link #23172
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
For some reason, I haven't really been considering the possibility that the narrator (she's being called Midori, right?) is an OC. Oh well.
Midori isn't an OC. Offhand I don't remember there being any, but it's been years now.
Quote:
Uh, also, guys, just letting you know... I think all the art has poofed. ;_; Almost every link under Art File is broken. The Many Faces of Mitsuuru works, but I haven't found any others. I'll look more meticulously.
We still have all the art (what little of it there is) in the Dropbox. The links must be fucked or something.
Old 2012-10-21, 00:10   Link #23173
Aerii

Oh, herp. >-< Sorry, then. Is Dropbox private now or something? Is that why the links are all broken..? I was feeling up to doing some art and noticed I couldn't access anything. That's why I was looking...
Old 2012-10-21, 00:19   Link #23174
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Is Dropbox private now or something?
Those links were all posted a very long time ago... it's very likely that the images were simply moved.
Old 2012-10-21, 00:36   Link #23175
Aerii

I know, it's just... usually when I see links posted a long time ago and they're all broken, my first idea is that everything's just gone for good. Deleted due to inactivity or maybe the file host went down (not the case here, obviously)...

So the images are all still in the Dropbox and only the links to them are broken? Okay. Now if I could simply ask Binjovi to update the links or something like that, that wouldn't be a problem. But Binjovi doesn't appear to be active anymore...
Old 2012-10-24, 10:47   Link #23176
s07195
However,

Managed to find time to get through Day 1, and I noticed a few things (at least in the choices I made) ...

1. When Taniguchi (F) and Kunikida (F) talk about Tsuruya (M) during lunch, mentions of 'Taniguchi' in the lines turns into 'TanF' for a bit.

2. Kyon (M) refers to Nagato as 'Yuki' during the morning when he meets Koizumi for some reason.

Anyways, other than the distinct lack of... everything, the writing is still very good. :P
Brings back memories of my lurking days...
Old 2012-10-24, 15:09   Link #23177
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Anyways, other than the distinct lack of... everything, the writing is still very good. :P
I'll take that as a compliment. Were I to go back I don't think I'd personally consider it very good anymore.
Old 2012-10-24, 18:30   Link #23178
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Quote:
Managed to find time to get through Day 1, and I noticed a few things (at least in the choices I made) ...

1. When Taniguchi (F) and Kunikida (F) talk about Tsuruya (M) during lunch, mentions of 'Taniguchi' in the lines turns into 'TanF' for a bit.
Fixed! Another testament to the dangers of the "replace" command.
Quote:
2. Kyon (M) refers to Nagato as 'Yuki' during the morning when he meets Koizumi for some reason.
This is how the line was originally written, so I'll leave that one to Kaisos to rule on. The scene is "Why, Naze?" on Day One, for reference purposes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'll take that as a compliment. Were I to go back I don't think I'd personally consider it very good anymore.
While your reaction doesn't surprise me, I'll second s07195's comment.
Shadow takes all.
Old 2012-10-24, 19:14   Link #23179
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
This is how the line was originally written, so I'll leave that one to Kaisos to rule on. The scene is "Why, Naze?" on Day One, for reference purposes.
I don't even remember this which is why these need revision to begin with.
Old 2012-10-25, 05:17   Link #23180
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

where does this idea originally come from anyway? western or eastern?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan