AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-03, 01:59   Link #4361
Desructo

Also, let us a take a moment of silence in remembrance of Huang Lingyin's sudden demise.

Spoiler for Final Words from the Heroines:
Desructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 05:05   Link #4362
HasuMasu
*Artist

Volume 8 feels really weird for some reason, even for IS.
Old 2013-08-03, 16:26   Link #4363
Javiersansano

I just read chapters 1-3 of vol. 8, and it was, among other things, too short.

It felt like I read a fanfic that tried to keep IS' "soul", but in the end it came out with por descrption an narration. The "ecchi" dreams came out too ecchi for the IS from the past.

By the way, Ichika recognized the silver haired girl because she resembled Laura, or 'cause she resembled setsura?

Also, I hope Izuru makes good use of the new carácter he introduced, Chifuyu's and Tabane's classmate.

I can only imagine that instead of having multiple conspiracies, Izuru could wrap them all by choosing one villain, new or old, to reap all the other villain conspiracies... and having the orimura siblings conflicto resolving on the sidelines.

Finally, the volumen could have come out better. Even with the perpetual formula izuru used on volumes 1-7, they were still better

Oh, by the way, thanks a lot teh ping... I can only imagine how boring must have been to translate Izuru's effort to stay on business

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2013-08-03 at 16:28. Reason: forgot to offer gratitude
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 19:47   Link #4364
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
I just read chapters 1-3 of vol. 8, and it was, among other things, too short.

It felt like I read a fanfic that tried to keep IS' "soul", but in the end it came out with por descrption an narration. The "ecchi" dreams came out too ecchi for the IS from the past.

By the way, Ichika recognized the silver haired girl because she resembled Laura, or 'cause she resembled setsura?

Also, I hope Izuru makes good use of the new carácter he introduced, Chifuyu's and Tabane's classmate.

I can only imagine that instead of having multiple conspiracies, Izuru could wrap them all by choosing one villain, new or old, to reap all the other villain conspiracies... and having the orimura siblings conflicto resolving on the sidelines.

Finally, the volumen could have come out better. Even with the perpetual formula izuru used on volumes 1-7, they were still better

Oh, by the way, thanks a lot teh ping... I can only imagine how boring must have been to translate Izuru's effort to stay on business
Totally agree with you! "Where is the old charm of Infinite Stratos?" I asked myself. Lucky that I could fix that by FanFiction!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 21:38   Link #4365
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Totally agree with you! "Where is the old charm of Infinite Stratos?" I asked myself. Lucky that I could fix that by FanFiction!
It would be, if it weren't for most writers going for the (I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ONE MALE ONLY, I will make a male oc that can pilot ISes anyways or machines better than IS)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 22:23   Link #4366
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
It would be, if it weren't for most writers going for the (I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ONE MALE ONLY, I will make a male oc that can pilot ISes anyways or machines better than IS)
Well, you can't blame them! Self-perfection is a common human desire, and a lot of people found it easy to stuff one gloryfied version of themself in a fic...
Lucky, I am not one of them!
Old 2013-08-04, 01:18   Link #4367
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Many people hate OCs(well only in IS fanfics) I`ll just observe for now

If I were to put male oc pilot, I`ll make him part of Special Forces something like that

And no, I won`t make an IS OC fanfic(I`m not gonna write one. Not now, but someday)

Anyways going back to the main topic, the chapter feels no charm which I dont know why
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:23   Link #4368
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wait... There was charm?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:39   Link #4369
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, like I said before, IS is a Chimera - combine a lot of things, but not so original itself. So that's why it is hard to contain its charm.
But that is why I like IS! There is so much thing to tinkle with!
Old 2013-08-04, 01:43   Link #4370
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I do have to admit Izuru makes some very good set pieces. Backstory is mostly cliche but the way it can be played around with is infinite! but Izuru's routes are ones I generally find boring and amateurish. I don't find them exciting or even funny when they should be. In short his skills are only good for setting things up. Execution wise I can't even call him an amateur.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 03:02   Link #4371
DarkJak2050

[Takes off reading glasses]

Well, that's another volume down.

I'll I got to say is that IS could be turning into a different route from the previous volumes.

"Could be", because of what Izuru said about his plans for Vol. 9. Whenever that will be released...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 03:02   Link #4372
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I do have to admit Izuru makes some very good set pieces. Backstory is mostly cliche but the way it can be played around with is infinite! :heh: but Izuru's routes are ones I generally find boring and amateurish. I don't find them exciting or even funny when they should be. In short his skills are only good for setting things up. Execution wise I can't even call him an amateur.
That is some harsh words, but true nonetherless. Yes, it is boring and uncreative. It would be better as a Visual Novel. But do you guy think that Infinite Stratos was made for commercial aim from the start? I mean kind of like the Gundam with models.
Old 2013-08-04, 03:07   Link #4373
DarkJak2050

I forgot to add this in my last post.

Spoiler for Don't read if you didn't finish reading Vol. 8.:
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 06:19   Link #4374
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

I don't think Autumn is dead yet and there's no need for Tabane to kill her I think she just incapacitates her
Old 2013-08-04, 06:36   Link #4375
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

Nope! Not Yet!
Old 2013-08-05, 22:49   Link #4376
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Is Tabane(my favorite) an antagonist? (Say it ain't so!)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 00:39   Link #4377
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Is Tabane(my favorite) an antagonist? (Say it ain't so!)
She always was. She always had that dark vibes, the mere mention about she was going for the yuetsu route is already proof of that.

Old 2013-08-06, 00:43   Link #4378
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
She always was. She always had that dark vibes, the mere mention about she was going for the yuetsu route is already proof of that.
The question is: Why?
Old 2013-08-06, 01:38   Link #4379
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
The question is: Why?
Because she dislikes the current world, and wants to make it more "exciting", remember this is the same person who launched the missiles just to prove the point that IS are the next generation for the lulz.

Old 2013-08-06, 01:57   Link #4380
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Because she dislikes the current world, and wants to make it more "exciting", remember this is the same person who launched the missiles just to prove the point that IS are the next generation for the lulz.
Well, never thought that the House Bunny would be that crazy! But if all this a scheme to get Ichika...
Also, now that I remember it, maybe one of the reason she distant herself is because the paranoid of Phantom Task.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen