AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-30, 19:30   Link #261
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Early spoilers are out:

Spoiler for next chapter:

Isn't that from Toppa Gurren Laggan? lol, I'd have no problem believe it was from Bleach...
Old 2009-11-30, 21:31   Link #262
SeanQ

Hey!!! Read some Bleach out of boredom but did anyone notice...irrelevant to this chapter...but in chapter 146, when Kenpachi becomes a Captain...Tousen's a Captain...but in Pendulum Arc...When Kenpachi becomes Captain...Tousen is a seated officer...o.O
Old 2009-11-30, 22:31   Link #263
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Hey!!! Read some Bleach out of boredom but did anyone notice...irrelevant to this chapter...but in chapter 146, when Kenpachi becomes a Captain...Tousen's a Captain...but in Pendulum Arc...When Kenpachi becomes Captain...Tousen is a seated officer...o.O
in the pendulum Arc, it was stated that there was a new captain of the 11th squad, however the captain was never named and therefore it may not have been Kenpachi... i think it was stated that it was common for the captains of that squad to using the combat method; kenpachi is currently the only captain promoted through that method, but he was not the first
Old 2009-11-30, 22:38   Link #264
SeanQ

How could be the only one, but not the first o.O
Old 2009-11-30, 22:42   Link #265
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
If Hisagi overcomes Tousen, I will swallow one of my tongue rings! I sincerely doubt it though, For Hisagi loves his Taicho and wants him back. Koma on the other hand could do it maybe, but i hope not.

Kensei's not acknowledging Tousen is strange to me.
Old 2009-11-30, 22:43   Link #266
Slayerx

Quote:
How could be the only one, but not the first o.O
i meant the only current active captain... all the others are likely dead...

Also to note, is that Kenpachi named himself kenpachi because of what it meant... i think it was a title given to the strongest swordsman or something like that... essentially, EVERY captain who has lead the 11th squad has had the title... during that arc it was the 10th kenpachi... the current kenpachi could have been the 11th or even 12th

so we probably have atleast 10 other captains who have used this method before... but are now dead
Old 2009-12-01, 01:00   Link #267
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
so we probably have atleast 10 other captains who have used this method before... but are now dead
^^or retired...or been promoted to Squad zero.
For the record, Ken's the only known captain who's received the position by defeating another captain. So we can't assume with (absolute certainty) the fate of any of the previous squad 11 captains with the exception of the one Zaraki defeated. (Although I do think at least some of them are dead -- not all, but some.)
Old 2009-12-01, 04:35   Link #268
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You know you really need to specifiy whether or not you're actually joking.
Come on. Kubo won`t come up with something that good
Old 2009-12-01, 04:50   Link #269
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^^or retired...or been promoted to Squad zero.
For the record, Ken's the only known captain who's received the position by defeating another captain. So we can't assume with (absolute certainty) the fate of any of the previous squad 11 captains with the exception of the one Zaraki defeated. (Although I do think at least some of them are dead -- not all, but some.)
Can you imagine the zero squad to be comprised entirely of the previous Kenpachis and Hikifune? o_0
Old 2009-12-01, 06:31   Link #270
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
It could be another Kenpachi since every Captain of the 11 Division is called Kenpachi.
Old 2009-12-01, 10:05   Link #271
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Not every captain of the 11th division is called Kenpachi...
It was a name he took for himself while he was in Rukongai searching for people to fight
Old 2009-12-01, 10:35   Link #272
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san View Post
It was a name he took for himself while he was in Rukongai searching for people to fight
The 11th Squad has always usually been for combat theme and their captain is usually the strongest swordsmen who takes the name Kenpachi which is why Zaraki took that name because it belongs to the strongest swordsmen.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-12-01, 10:40   Link #273
Calca
Expressionless

I love how the chapter threads always runs off on some wild tangent by the time of the next chapter.
Old 2009-12-01, 12:24   Link #274
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Can you imagine the zero squad to be comprised entirely of the previous Kenpachis and Hikifune? o_0
It's a fun thought. Zaraki would have a field day.
Old 2009-12-01, 12:28   Link #275
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
It's a fun thought. Zaraki would have a field day.
You know that's probably why they haven't revealed themselves yet. They don't want to be anywhere near Zaraki.
Old 2009-12-01, 15:11   Link #276
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I actually miss the mystic hermit Himajin . Till he got fed up with shonen there was a set time and regularity with which he used to post spoilers . With Ohana/69Ruma/Nja there is no sense of time or regularity with which spoilers are posted .

And the Bleach is getting boring argument doesn't hold good here . Heck I make weekly threads of this borefest still having hope .Force of habit if you could call it that this isnt seen with the new breed .
Old 2009-12-01, 15:20   Link #277
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Himajin did OP spoilers last week, only because his favourite character was in the chapter...
Old 2009-12-01, 15:44   Link #278
kamyu

Quote:
to be specific, kenpachi is normally a title instead of a name.

and actually zaraki kenpachi doesn't have a real name. as said, he picked kenpachi because of the badass fighter thing. zaraki is the name of the section of rukongai (sp?) that he came from. before becoming a captain he introduced himself as "the kenpachi of zaraki."
Old 2009-12-01, 17:13   Link #279
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
I love how the chapter threads always runs off on some wild tangent by the time of the next chapter.
There is no way you could discuss one chapter for whole week, especially Bleach chapters
Old 2009-12-01, 21:22   Link #280
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Can you imagine the zero squad to be comprised entirely of the previous Kenpachis? o_0
Not as badass as you think...
The title of kenpachi belongs to the strongest shinigami... ergo, each one of the previous kenapchi's would be weaker than Zaraki

Quote:
Squad 11 was always lead by the shinigami who held the title of kenpachi... there have been atleast 10 kenpachi's
Closed Thread