Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 22:55   Link #681
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Japanese net-uyo right wingers are starting an effort to smear this show

I guess they really hate episode 2
I was wondering if that was gonna come in sooner or later, I will never understand how some shows don't piss off the right wing otaku (such as Senko no Night Raid) and how others annoy them (did Un-Go really piss them off that much?). But it looks like the Okinawa independence/conflict bit is here to stay so I guess they'll just have to deal with it, I just hope this isn't the umpteenth show that goes "rawr all Americans are evil douche-bags rawr!"
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 23:11   Link #682
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I was wondering if that was gonna come in sooner or later, I will never understand how some shows don't piss off the right wing otaku (such as Senko no Night Raid) and how others annoy them (did Un-Go really piss them off that much?). But it looks like the Okinawa independence/conflict bit is here to stay so I guess they'll just have to deal with it, I just hope this isn't the umpteenth show that goes "rawr all Americans are evil douche-bags rawr!"
The independent island state of Okinawa exists in-between the delicate power balance of the Allied Federation, Japan, and China. So I definitely think it's going to be a case of Western powers versus Japan versus China, with Okinawa and its secrets stuck between it all. Sounds familiar?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 23:17   Link #683
aardvark

I wonder if maybe the pen name is for a collective of people

As for Takeda, Blood+ is probably the show that is the most transparent in regards to his own political agenda.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 23:38   Link #684
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

When BONES has gone political, they've tended not to espouse the Yoshino-like xenophobia but something if not internationalist, at least humanist. UN-GO and Oh! Edo Rocket (not BONES of course, but Aikawa) would both be shows that loosely fall under a "left-wing" umbrella - very suspicious of the military, and strongly adopting a pro civil liberties viewpoint. At most, they might be called libertarian - but certainly not nationalistic by any stretch of the imagination.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 00:25   Link #685
aardvark

The first E7 is about as "internationalist" as anime gets really...
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 04:19   Link #686
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
It actually pains my heart to think that Eureka might have gone through further pain after everything that had happened to her, whether this is the same Eureka from the original or a different one. I just can't help but feel depressed to think she was hated and had to endure to protect her son
That's why I want this to be an alternate universe. Don't crush my belief that the original Renton and Eureka lived happily ever after!

Nevertheless, different Eureka or not, it's still sad to see she had endure that kind of ostracism even though all she wanted was to protect her son.
Old 2012-04-21, 05:08   Link #687
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's why I want this to be an alternate universe. Don't crush my belief that the original Renton and Eureka lived happily ever after!

Nevertheless, different Eureka or not, it's still sad to see she had endure that kind of ostracism even though all she wanted was to protect her son.
Yeah, really do want to treat it as an alternate universe after seeing all that. Besides if the original characters aren't really going to show up it should be easy enough to do that .

Regardless does suck to see how much she went through just to take care of her kid. Forcibly dying her own hair and probably never really being accepted by those damn people.
Old 2012-04-21, 05:21   Link #688
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
It will never be licensed since Bandai Entertainment USA closed its operations here. People will wonder if we'll ever get mecha anime licensed at all. I'm just enjoying AO for the mecha and story.
Well, from the looks of it the BD/DVD's will have English subtitles a la Gundam AGE, so this could be something similar to what Aniplex is doing with Fate/Zero and being more open about importation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Ao>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Asemu.

And I defend Asemu from sort of his worst attackers.
I don't know ... for me so far Ao after 2 episode = Early Asem, though that doesn't mean I started disliking Asem afterwards, just how much I felt like his conflict didn't get properly resolved. In any case, I think both of them started off on good footing.
Quote:
Found this on twitter today.

Spoiler for size:
Yeah, the homages are just everywhere with this show. Just hope the Eureka = Diane parallel is just that, and that Eureka didn't share her fate

Quote:
From what I've seen from Night Raid (I've only ever watched the show completely dubbed) the show decided to tip toe around the issue rather than tackle it directly, ending with it not really having an opinion on what happened. so in the end it was more or less ''fanservice'' politics rather than an actual commentary of any sort. The show sort of glossed over other controversial subjects, but it never had enough guts to make anyone take notice over it (except for the people who pointed out just how uncomfortable the premise was).

As for Americans are teh evilz, I think Guardian Enzo summed it up nicely, and I don't think we'll be seeing it here tbh. I mean some of the producers for the show do hold some negative views on American involvement in world politics (just look at FMA 1) but I don't recall a moment where these views ended up wrapping in the whole series into bashing Americans as a whole. It's more of criticism on the way the military than anything I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Honestly it just kills me. After all the pain she went through and how she was used since her ''birth'', I can't help but feel sad thinking that she also had to endure further pain by being separated from Renton and then being forced to hide with her son before disappearing into God knows where.

Even if this was a different Eureka, I wanted her to live happily ever after damn it
Old 2012-04-21, 05:23   Link #689
chrisbad726

As much as I wish that this is an alternate universe I feel that some things are a bit too coincidental but at the same time there are many things that make it so different as well. I'm really interested in seeing how this fully connects with the first series in the long run.
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 09:56   Link #690
Vito
Asshole.

Why are you people so hung up on shoving E7AO in the E7 continuity after just 2 eps?

It's Nirvash http://eurekaao-prj.net/?cat=5 says so on the official page, RA272 Nirvash. It's called Mark 1, girl says it's the first IFO, so yeah it's "the" Nirvash, at least the idea of it, the flashback shows its old color scheme as well.

I'm still uncertain whether or not this series is meant to be a strict sequel, or just more of a continuation of the idea, but I don't really care, it's one heck of a show and the music really fits the action on screen, so I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Did I mention no CG mechs? \o/
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 16:44   Link #691
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Why are you people so hung up on shoving E7AO in the E7 continuity after just 2 eps?

It's Nirvash http://eurekaao-prj.net/?cat=5 says so on the official page, RA272 Nirvash. It's called Mark 1, girl says it's the first IFO, so yeah it's "the" Nirvash, at least the idea of it, the flashback shows its old color scheme as well.

I'm still uncertain whether or not this series is meant to be a strict sequel, or just more of a continuation of the idea, but I don't really care, it's one heck of a show and the music really fits the action on screen, so I'm looking forward to seeing more.

it has no blood and is bigger than tipe 0, it can't be the same
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 01:57   Link #692
blewin

it can't be NOT a sequel! just look at that flashback on Nirvash as well as the stone slab erected in the last series in honour of Renton and Eureka. The old geezer looks like Renton's grandfather too.. though isn't Renton's grandfather a mechanic rather than a doctor?

Ao appears to be much more mature than Renton in the first episode. well, at least he's got a deeper voice!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 04:42   Link #693
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i hope that Ao will be reunited with his parents in the end, i really wanna see how papa Renton looks like
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 08:44   Link #694
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post

BONES said it was a sequel. There's very little idea of "how" this is a sequel. So, all of the big fans of the series are trying to figure it out.

I just had a fun thought that will pickle a few brains: the Movie is technically "canon" (though it has 0 effect on the original story/world). What if this is actually 2k years after the movie, in that world?

I offer that idea because that world wasn't covered by Scub Coral, Eureka didn't get wings, there was no moon-writing and it'd hurt so many fan boys if true. But it would also fit with the information we have, just as well as the original series.

We're definitely getting some sort of time-travel or "crossing worlds" story this time. I think Ao is Eureka X Renton's son, but I don't think it'll be the original series version of the couple. BONES has people around that have worked on successful inter-dimensional series, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that is what we're going to be getting. But I'm going to go with a hunch that "Mama Eureka" isn't Original Series Eureka. Maybe we'll get 7 versions of the Eureka story before it's all said and done.

As for this descending into Blood+ levels of anti-Americanism, I don't think that's possible. BONES original animes always tend to be much more non-Japanese in style, so it'd be a pretty big stretch to suddenly show a level of hatred against something you've shown respect for in the past. The Okinawa here seems to be a stand in for Taiwan more than anything else. You also have to expect a lot better thought than a cheap trick like that from the staff of EUREKA 7. If they can't rise above that, the series would become a disaster anyway.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 09:55   Link #695
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
it can't be NOT a sequel! just look at that flashback on Nirvash as well as the stone slab erected in the last series in honour of Renton and Eureka. The old geezer looks like Renton's grandfather too.. though isn't Renton's grandfather a mechanic rather than a doctor?

Ao appears to be much more mature than Renton in the first episode. well, at least he's got a deeper voice!
Note the grandpa's family name is Fukai not Thurston.

Remember we thought at first Eureka 7 as an AU to our own world (year 2005) then it turns out it is 10,000 years in the future. Humans recolonizing Earth which is covered by Scub Coral.

Instead of Coralians we get G-Monster/Secret. Which showed up in their calendar a early as 1940. It is currently 2025.

We know Renton and Eureka returned to Earth but the end was pretty vague as to what form.

Nirvash did promise to return to Earth when the Scub Coral was leaving Earth.

This makes me think the G-Monsters represent another Scub Coral entity that went in a different evolutionary path than the Coralian Scub Coral we know.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:27   Link #696
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hmmm... there's a rumor going around that the series composition and script credits for the unknown dude is a pen name for Fumihiko Takayama...
Old 2012-04-23, 08:49   Link #697
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Hmmm... there's a rumor going around that the series composition and script credits for the unknown dude is a pen name for Fumihiko Takayama...
That's kinda random. Why him?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 09:11   Link #698
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
That's kinda random. Why him?
Beats me. It's just a rumor that's making the rounds, and since we don't really have any other leaks or definitive information to go on I just thought I would mention it. Not that it really matters. Maybe we'll find out more in future if there are interviews and stuff about the show.
Old 2012-04-23, 09:27   Link #699
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

It's only the second episode, just take a breath guys! Seriously, this show could go any direction.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 09:50   Link #700
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hmm... I did a little more digging into this rumor, and it seems that it was so widespread that both Aikawa and Kyoda addressed this on their twitters.

https://twitter.com/#!/nishi_ogi/sta...76984098394114

Aikawa's tweet reads: 武良翔人 (Bura Tobito) is an actual person's pen name. It is not a studio credit system like Hajime Yatate, nor is it myself or Fumihiko Takayama. I'm sorry that I cannot say anything more regarding this, out of respect for proper manners.

https://twitter.com/#!/kyoda_contact...39311665545216

Kyoda's tweet is in reply to someone commenting that the pen name belongs to Fumihiko Takayama: No, that is not the case.

It seems they're both strongly denying this, but Aikawa indicates clearly that this is a pen name of someone who is probably known within the industry. Interesting...

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen