AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-04, 13:34   Link #21
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ah, yeah... Alderamin entered a scenario I did not expect, and I posted my impressions on the 'other' forum...

As far as new LoGH goes, 12 episodes? Is that right?

- Tak
its a Split cour.

12 eps now, then a series of movies that will be split into 12 eps next year. and unlike the OVAs, this will be just the first novel.
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 14:11   Link #22
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
12 eps now, then a series of movies that will be split into 12 eps next year. and unlike the OVAs, this will be just the first novel.
First novel? Really? 12 episodes for the very first novel? Because the first novel gone by really quickly.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 14:16   Link #23
RDNexus

Quote:
its a Split cour.

Where the hell did you read/hear about this new version adapting only Vol01? That can't be true.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 15:29   Link #24
kuromitsu

Quote:
its a Split cour.

What? Where did you read this? Until now it was 12 episodes now and 12 episodes' worth of movies later. Also, only volume 1? Huh?

(Even if they want to avoid including the end of volume 2 in the TV anime out of fear that people new to the franchise wouldn't watch the rest, volume 1 only is just... yeah, no way.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 15:36   Link #25
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Speaking as a new viewer, I thought it was a pretty competent premiere. I was actually worried that things were going to be pretty boring if Reinhart curb-stomped the enemy like some overpowered Isekai protagonist but they decided to throw the guy out of his comfort chairzone at the right time. I'm hoping to see Reinhart humbled a bit because I felt like the show was playing him up as an example of The Great Man Theory, which I'm not too keen on (personally I think its popularisation is a factor that has lead us to 21st century strongman leaders). The problem is, I think the writing is also playing up his new rival in a similar manner.

If I had to gripe about something, it would probably be that this story appears to keep perfectly in tradition with anime war dramas in that they always start you in the thick of it and give little context on what these factions are fighting for and why. I hope we get that crucial context sooner rather than later but I'm not bummed about it for now.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 15:59   Link #26
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hilde didn't show up until the second half of the first season...during the (first) civil war if I recall correctly.
Old 2018-04-04, 16:12   Link #27
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm hoping to see Reinhart humbled a bit because I felt like the show was playing him up as an example of The Great Man Theory, which I'm not too keen on (personally I think its popularisation is a factor that has lead us to 21st century strongman leaders). The problem is, I think the writing is also playing up his new rival in a similar manner.
It's not really the Great Man Theory in that "history is shaped by individuals", more like, "sometimes people appear who change the course of history, for better or for worse". (That's why, in the end, this is a "legend".) For that matter, one thing that this adaptation has to get right, especially with the limited runtime, is handling Reinhard as a protagonist, to avoid putting him on a pedestal.
Old 2018-04-04, 20:07   Link #28
Top Sergeant

This first ep was pretty good. Looking forward to more. Lovin' the scope of the space battles!
Old 2018-04-04, 21:28   Link #29
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm hoping to see Reinhart humbled a bit because I felt like the show was playing him up as an example of The Great Man Theory, which I'm not too keen on
He has been humbled throughout the story. Each time proved to be an unpleasant experience.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2018-04-05, 14:02   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it's a lot prettier than I remember. Especially the ships.

But the years (decades?) have made me a lot more impatient with "cleverness" that's really "gross incompetence bordering on the suicidal" or "overwhelming tech superiority". The most egregious example here being the way the Imperial fleet seems invisible until in firing range, while the Union fleets aren't.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 12:09   Link #31
Tak

Well, here is a minor thing I am hoping for the new series.

I understand Reinhardt is supposed to be Frederick the Great IN SPACE!, so he gets more than a dozen set of military uniforms to wear every other day, but for crying out loud... give the man some 'other' attire, yeah? He has money!

- Tak

Old 2018-04-06, 14:06   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I understand Reinhardt is supposed to be Frederick the Great IN SPACE!, so he gets more than a dozen set of military uniforms to wear every other day, but for crying out loud... give the man some 'other' attire, yeah? He has money!

- Tak
Busy, powerful men seldom spend much time and energy on deciding what to wear.
Old 2018-04-06, 15:47   Link #33
Tak

J00 are so boring!

- Tak

Old 2018-04-06, 15:59   Link #34
kuromitsu

Quote:

- Tak
It's Reinhard. If there's someone in the story for whom it would be out of character to have a decent-sized wardrobe, it's him. ("Look at them, Kircheis. Look at them prancing around in their fancy clothes, while outside their peaceful bubble, war is raging! Ridiculous! A perfect example of their arrogance and blah blah blah blah blah blah" "....Yes, Reinhard-sama... sure...")

Reuenthal, though. I wonder if this adaptation will show him in his socialite mode (something the OVA pretty much ignored). I have a feeling they're trying to allude to that with the hair, but the hair is terrible, so I at least want some nice clothes.
Old 2018-04-06, 16:23   Link #35
Tak

Actually, I expected Reinhardt to don some alternate outfits during his short, but notable out-of-character moments after his rendezvous with Hilde, where he became a frequent audience to operas, balls and other social events. Alas, that was not to be...

- Tak

Old 2018-04-06, 16:25   Link #36
kuromitsu

"Alternate outfits? Pfeh. I'm a soldier, a uniform is perfectly adequate. (I'm not like those arrogant, decadent fossils who [insert angry and scathing ranting])" - Reinhard, probably
Old 2018-04-06, 16:43   Link #37
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
"Alternate outfits? Pfeh. I'm a soldier, a uniform is perfectly adequate. (I'm not like those arrogant, decadent fossils who [insert angry and scathing ranting])" - Reinhard, probably
Oh please, guy can barely be himself after sharing a night with Hilde. He then embarked on a series of 'social experimentation' that even Annerose would find amusing, and enough to make Kircheis roll in his grave if the latter had known about it.

While the novels omitted any details regarding him dressing differently for various occasions during that time, it is entirely possible.

Yeah, I am only advocating this because I think it'd be funny $h!t.

- Tak (I am thinking Hawaiian shirt)

Old 2018-04-10, 09:50   Link #38
RDNexus

Now that's the kind of technology I wanted to see in a potential revamping of the classic series.
Now I'm seriously hoping this new series doesn't end up disappointing
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 10:14   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Can someone versed in military history say if Yang's line about that dumbass merry go-round configuration occurring countless times is actually true?
Old 2018-04-10, 20:31   Link #40
xellos2099

So far most of the female look way better than the original ova counter part. To be fair, most of the female in ova doesn;t look that great beside Annerose, her friend and Karen
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote