AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 11 13.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 24.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 15.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 12.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-15, 15:48   Link #21
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
As I said in my previous post, even Inori didn't ask if something was wrong.

It's reasonable that they all think he's having trouble over killing Jun, but that wouldn't make him lash out at the one he admires the most. Sure, he's being a shut in and not talking, but it was clearly obvious that something else was bothering him if he decided to slap away Inori's hand, especially if she was offering him one of the best aspects about her which was her singing.

Shu has done nothing but want to be with Inori the whole anime. She's the reason he joined Funeral Parlor. So why would he suddenly slap her hand away and call her a monster? That's an obvious sign that something else was bothering him, because in his mind, an image popped up that completely changed the way he saw Inori for those few seconds and frightened him to the point that he would lash out.
This is exactly that, but in the end both side where wrong. Shu for don't try to say what else was bothering him, and Inori, and others for don't try to find out if there was more.
Old 2011-12-15, 15:53   Link #22
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
This is exactly that, but in the end both side where wrong. Shu for don't try to say what else was bothering him, and Inori, and others for don't try to find out if there was more.
You probably forgot that the members in Funeral parlor are prepared to kill people for their cause. For them it does not seem that big of a deal.
Old 2011-12-15, 16:00   Link #23
Soji

^I have not forgotten this, but it seemed pretty obvious that there was more. Yet nobody seems to give it the slightest thought. Like DXMichael said the scene with Inori
make it clear there was more.Yet Inori don't asked what else was wrong.
Old 2011-12-15, 16:01   Link #24
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
This episode was great and it's even greater because of the posts on this thread about Shu being an ass and all. Lol really ? It's amazing how some people here can't even understand human feeling anymore and just think that everyone should be super badass and not just being human like Shu.

Shu's behavior is perfectly understandable. He's not an ass, he's completly traumatized. Nothing wrong with that.

I like the end by the way, with the funeral parlor being pawned by Sergei
QFT, though it's Segai , not Sergei
Old 2011-12-15, 16:02   Link #25
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
QFT, though it's Segai , not Sergei
Ah ah yes indeed (sorrry Segai, you're still amazing)
Old 2011-12-15, 16:45   Link #26
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
This episode was great and it's even greater because of the posts on this thread about Shu being an ass and all. Lol really ? It's amazing how some people here can't even understand human feeling anymore and just think that everyone should be super badass and not just being human like Shu.

Shu's behavior is perfectly understandable. He's not an ass, he's completly traumatized. Nothing wrong with that.
I'd think funeral parlour trusted Shu a little too much and aren't keeping that much of an eye or even support him. I mean he's just a kid thrown into this crap hole, Gai should at least have someone backing him up to keep him in line.

Quote:
I wonder though was it really necessary when he hit the button to have the camera spin 360 degrees?
Old 2011-12-15, 16:53   Link #27
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
In the end, yes - this is very true. Though it is by no means as simple as you're making out.

For starters, Shu seems completely traumatised by the events of Episode 9 (which Kusa-san alluded to on the previous page). Someone who is so badly traumatised (so much so that they will lash out at the one they 'love' (Inori)) will not think rationally by any sense of the imagination. To put it simply, his psyche has been badly damaged by the events of Ep 9 - Shu seriously can't cope with his life at the moment.

Secondly, part of me believes Funeral Parlor don't really see Shu as a human being - he is but an extremely powerful tool to be used to ensure they overthrow the GHQ. If that tool fails to function, it is discarded - hence the scene between Shu and Ayase/Gai.

Just to move away from that a sec, was it just me or did Inori actually smile when she said goodbye to Shu?

Also, I find it rather intriguing that the panic attacks (namely Shu seeing classmates and friends as people infected by the Apocalypse Virus) stopped once Inori left Shu's home (for instance, when he was with Hare at the 'hideout'). This feels significant to me - or am I reading too much into this?
Old 2011-12-15, 17:14   Link #28
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Understandable how Shu couldn't do the mission. Lol Gai said it straight he wants his girl. Ayase in a school uniform was nice to see. The one thing that wasn't right was what he did to Hare. It totally didn't fit his character.

So the girl that Inori resembles was Shu's sister. Poor Inori did not deserve that. Still think Shu doesn't remember and that's why his new visions are making him misunderstand. Like how inori asked Gai is she liked Shu.

Poor Daryl, guy can't catch a break. So Haruka knows now, wonder what she'll do if anything since Keido is in control. Not surprised that Lost Christmas was a man made event.

Segai was awesome yet again. Looks like Funeral Parlor is having a tough time .
Old 2011-12-15, 17:30   Link #29
Manic
real men love pink

I think some of you guys are misinterpreting the sister remark. Thats not really shu's sister, it was most likely used as a term of endearment as she was prolly the older of the 2. Tho stranger things have happened and could be going for an all out incest fest.

Dont really hate shu, the only time he sunk low for me was at the end with hare and when he broke the song inori made for him and called her a monster. Tho it was spur of the moment when he was having some traumatizing flashbacks. I do agree that gai just uses him which could stem from something that happened between them in the past.

just glad sht is finally going down and we are being shown some of what transpired in the past.
Old 2011-12-15, 17:30   Link #30
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
In the end, yes - this is very true. Though it is by no means as simple as you're making out.

For starters, Shu seems completely traumatised by the events of Episode 9 (which Kusa-san alluded to on the previous page). Someone who is so badly traumatised (so much so that they will lash out at the one they 'love' (Inori)) will not think rationally by any sense of the imagination. To put it simply, his psyche has been badly damaged by the events of Ep 9 - Shu seriously can't cope with his life at the moment.

Secondly, part of me believes Funeral Parlor don't really see Shu as a human being - he is but an extremely powerful tool to be used to ensure they overthrow the GHQ. If that tool fails to function, it is discarded - hence the scene between Shu and Ayase/Gai.

Just to move away from that a sec, was it just me or did Inori actually smile when she said goodbye to Shu?

Also, I find it rather intriguing that the panic attacks (namely Shu seeing classmates and friends as people infected by the Apocalypse Virus) stopped once Inori left Shu's home (for instance, when he was with Hare at the 'hideout'). This feels significant to me - or am I reading too much into this?
I agree totally with what you said, I admit it ,I made it seem too simple.

ars89@I do not think we have confirmation that that girl was Shu sister . As Maniac said in the theories topic, it seems to me that both Shu and Gai were rivals for her love.
Edit:Maniac anticipated me is exactly what I meant, I agree with him.
Old 2011-12-15, 17:40   Link #31
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

I never said I thought he was an ass; in fact, I'm usually on the "give him a break, he's only human" side, and this is one of those times. But it gets hard to watch how bad this staff pushes the limits on "understandable" angst to make us all think Shu is an ass. After the whole years-long Shinji Ikari debacle, they roll out a character Shu. There's no way they couldn't know there would be a negative reaction from people towards Shuu's character after all this.
Old 2011-12-15, 17:59   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

The way how he was completely switching back to his "coward" side is debatable, and can be understood to some degree regarding how he is unable to overtake missions and all.

However, I really have doubt how it is really "human" to seek for comfort the way Shuu did with Hare. It is beyond the scope of trying to find substitution: instead of asking for help (be it Hare, classmates, Inori, the Funeral parlor etc), he basically indulge himself mindlessly.

There is a vast difference in being thraumatized and acting completely like a wreck. It is no wonder people react that negatively due the latter part of the episode.
Suffice to say, the way how it was done was way too inconvincing: it happened out of the left field that it is basically forced from the damn script.
Old 2011-12-15, 18:47   Link #33
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I expected a lot. Didn't expect that. HOLY SHIT did I not expect that.
Old 2011-12-15, 18:56   Link #34
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I expected a lot. Didn't expect that. HOLY SHIT did I not expect that.
So they finally decides to introduce her a bit more... And a few HOLY SHIT moments here and there....

9/10 I'll arrange my summary later...
Old 2011-12-15, 19:12   Link #35
Makender
Varsity Slacker

I think I'm on the "not willing to hate Shu yet" camp. Would it kill Ayase or Gai to show Shu a little sympathy? I mean they gave Shu no soft place to land. How do they expect him to react? And I don't buy the "how can they understand when Shu doesn't say anything" story. It's not like talking about visions and trauma to people you barely know is the easiest thing in the world.

Honestly I'm a little surprised people expected Shu to be stronger than he was. Sure the GC staff could have handled Shu's low point with a little more subtlety, but they were going for the effect of life crises making you do things you wouldn't normally do. I mean it isn't THAT unrealistic. Why can't Shu have a "fuck it, I don't care anymore" moment of weakness. Hell I know I and plenty of others have had a few. Is it so out of character for a "former" weak, little man to give into weakness? It's not like he raped Hare geez.

And, oh Segai, how you never fail to amuse me. It's like that genetic resonance or whatever music was made for him. Why so serious Gai?

Old 2011-12-15, 19:39   Link #36
com_gwp

Shu, anta went full baka. Never go full baka.

Also, was not expecting SHTF so quickly, I honestly though they were gonna drag out emo depression (And man, am I thankful for that).
Old 2011-12-15, 19:44   Link #37
Johnny
Working the bags...

It is a little hard to not dislike Shu somewhat at the moment. It's like what Shinji103 pointed out before. The staff is trying a little too hard in making Shu a pathetic character. The monster outburst was overboard...

As for the whole Gai and Shu debate. It goes both ways. Shu not opening up and telling what was going on, and Gai who obviously knows more then what he's telling with the mystery girl Shu sees in flashbacks. Maybe it's a little too early and they don't want to spill the beans on that just yet so they're dangling it like bait on a fishhook...

The ending was pretty good. Talk about mass pandemonium...
Old 2011-12-15, 19:46   Link #38
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Just saw the episode. I didn't think it was THAT bad except for two major things: anything to do with Inori and anything to do with Daryl's dad. Quite frankly, the love story between Shu and Inori is shallow (not comedically). It needs hormones injected into it. Daryl's dad? Don't introduce a new villain and have him cause a huge calamity on the SAME episode (yes, I know Scarface and Keido were involved. That's why I do regard the episode as that bad). Shu's part? Overdone and backfired a little, but it was tolerable because I did feel sorry for him half the time. I just wish FP didn't discover Shu's condition during a mission.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-15, 19:49   Link #39
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
It is a little hard to not dislike Shu somewhat at the moment. It's like what Shinji103 pointed out before. The staff is trying a little too hard in making Shu a pathetic character. The monster outburst was overboard...
Monster outburst/Panic Attack in the school definitely wasn't as bad as that Hare scene IMO. I can understand trauma from deep, forgotten memories (as cliched as it is), but what the heck were you trying to pull there with Hare, Shu? That was really pathetic when all he did was push her away so far.
Old 2011-12-15, 19:58   Link #40
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Shu = Shinji Ikari 2.0
Closed Thread