AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 10 20.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-28, 16:08   Link #21
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Spoiler for ...lol?:
Qualities was bad in this episode but this one has to be winner.

Well at least I got to see stalking Yui and her carrots.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Old 2012-10-28, 16:09   Link #22
tsunade666

The quality is indeed a mess but I ignore it for the laughs.

Cryska is probably feeling irritated or troubled again in the end when she was shown in the bed.

Yuuya should find another source of problem beside 94 2nd.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:16   Link #23
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Yuuya should find another source of problem beside 94 2nd.
Rather, the type 94 2nd is the only think that he can think as of late. Of what comes out of his mouth in the last episodes, 70% is about the Shiiranui. I feel so sorry for Yui, Cryska and Cui they never had any chance from the beginning.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:20   Link #24
erakk
Damned Basterd

could we consider the QUALITY a
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NarmCharm
??
Old 2012-10-28, 16:20   Link #25
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
budget hit low bottom again.....

I was wondering does the stealth work on BETA??
Well, it would only make a difference if the BETA rely on radar, infrared, noise or ground vibrations to locate targets.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:22   Link #26
Domonkazu

isn't Shiranui bad TSF? it's only on par with the chinese 2nd gen TSF, no way it can handle a raptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
Well, it would only make a difference if the BETA rely on radar, infrared, noise or ground vibrations to locate targets.
I guess then it's America being America after all.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:27   Link #27
tsunade666

Raptor isn't designed to battle Beta. Its designed to battle Tsf and America being American is already thinking beyond the current war. They are thinking after the war with Beta despite the beta problem still exist. Well they aren't the one in front lines to begin with plus they don't hesitate to use full force if there will be Beta trying to land on their soil.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:30   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
God this was sad. Turning full out into a harem series where all the girls are losing to a machine...

Good luck to Cryska to diagnose the power of a harem lead's appeal .

Just about everyone is falling for that guy these days. But at least the ridiculousness of it is pretty hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
I guess then it's America being America after all.
Why simply make something to kill your enemy when you can use it against your allies after you've won ? Does seem rather pointless unless they come up with cloaking that actually makes them invisible.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:40   Link #29
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Raptor isn't designed to battle Beta. Its designed to battle Tsf and America being American is already thinking beyond the current war. They are thinking after the war with Beta despite the beta problem still exist. Well they aren't the one in front lines to begin with plus they don't hesitate to use full force if there will be Beta trying to land on their soil.
Nah, with those high performance specs it's clearly as much intended to fight BETA as something like a Strike Eagle is. It just has the additional advantage of superiority over anything that relies on radar or IR acquisition to guide enemy fighters, missiles, etc. to the target.

Anyway I see they took the trouble to add Bao Feng 1 and her squad insignia to the OP even as they're about to rollover to OP2 soon.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:41   Link #30
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Why simply make something to kill your enemy when you can use it against your allies after you've won ? Does seem rather pointless unless they come up with cloaking that actually makes them invisible.
well its useful for ambush and sneak attack since you won't detect them by radar and by the time you see them your dead. Raptor is FAST.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:54   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Why does no women know what they're doing whenever they're around Yuuya ?! Is his black-hole density truly affecting them across space-time ?

Oh, and I wish they've shown more of the Raptors, but I guess it's mighty convenient for the budget when the subject is all about stealth >.>
Old 2012-10-28, 17:02   Link #32
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Great episode....that's one mighty fine Harem Yuuya has growing. Even though he's a bit dense, I'll always accept a dense MC who's not a wimp.

Cui wanting his babies - Check
Yui subconsciously wanting his babies - Check
Cryska starting to realize what's it like to want his babies - Check

It really became clear why Cryska is falling for him. Not only is Inia being very attached to Yuuya what intrigues Cryska, but Yuuya answers pretty much why her, Inia and even Yui have fallen for him. Most of them haven't had a good past, and in a lot of ways very similar to Yuuya. Yuuya has even figured this out and compared it to why he believes he's also starting to bond with Yui. You always seem to bond well with people you can relate to, especially in a situation here where everyone can see how Yuuya is developing a much better character, which in turn makes the girls even more attracted to him. While I do feel Yui is currently "winning", this episode does show Cryska has a legit chance if she steps her game up. Cui is just too damn aggressive, I like that but its not really working for Yuuya. He does however does seem to care a little about her, as when she was depressed about the fight, he (in his own brickhead way) tried to console her.

Then we get to one of my favorite scenes, the fight scene. From personal experience, one of the best feelings is when you have pent up frustration towards someone, and get a chance to duke it out and throw some punches. Hell, some of the same people I've fought with wound up becoming good friends afterwards after finally dealing with the issue. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar to that here....The Goku x Vegeta dynamic as I like to call it

Listening to the preview for next episode, something tells me that Leon has a grudge with Yuuya for some kind of abandonment, or something similar. I wouldn't be surprised if Yuuya left Sharon in the process, and Leon feels its his job to set Yuuya straight for doing that as well as leaving everyone else.
Old 2012-10-28, 17:13   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I-I see...! In the future, because humans were getting killed left and right by the now-lost BETA (must be taking their fall break), people invented a way to have kids with virtual entities! And some Chinese man must have had a child with Miku, thus creating a Chinese girl resembling Miku with green hair! No-now it makes sense!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-10-28, 17:29   Link #34
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Yuuya's harem FTW! The man deserves one since he earned it unlike 99.9% of the lames out there.

(I'm looking at you, Keitaro/Ichika/Rin from Shuffle)

It did hurt to see Yuuya crumble with that punch to the solar plexus.

I really like the bro fight and their epic escape. That was a very relate-able and personal scene for me.
Just change the MP to bouncers and we got a 2010 incident taking place at a "club" in Hawaii...with drunks.

Good times!

http://i.imgur.com/L2us0.jpg

Maybe I should post this in the image thread, but what do you think would be the best caption for this shot?

Oh and Stalker Yui FTW!!!

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-10-28 at 18:57.
Old 2012-10-28, 17:32   Link #35
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
http://i.imgur.com/L2us0.jpg

Maybe I should post this in the image thread, but what's the best caption for this shot?
Get a room?
Get out?
The hotel is that way?
Old 2012-10-28, 17:43   Link #36
Raxnom
気疲れ

QUALITY! Oh, how I missed you. Nothing major this episode, more cute reactions, direct approaches and carrots don't forget about those!

still pretty fun episode this week, though moments with Cryska could have been handled better.

7/10 This week.
Old 2012-10-28, 17:45   Link #37
shinigami99

Thing is, I feel that it could be a much better show if the animation quality was better. However as it is now it is actually distracting me from the actual dialogue. I am a person who doesn't really bother too much with animation in the first place, so in this regard it is horrible.

Last edited by shinigami99; 2012-10-28 at 18:16.
Old 2012-10-28, 18:35   Link #38
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
2nd generation machines against the state-of-the-art 3rd generation TSFs with better stealth than the mass produced raptors? It'd take more than a miracle for the Bao-Feng to win that battle.
just want to point out that the raptor used here is the EMD(Engineering and Manufacturing Development) variant. which means its the trial prototype of the mass produced version. Its certainly an improvement over the original Yf-22 prototype from 10 years ago but compared to the mass produced F-22A variant it is slightly weaker in most of its aspect. The EMD raptor improved the original Yf-22's stealth capabilities by using radar absorbing paint to coast it self and features improved noise reduction and heat signatures absorbtion from its Jump Units and lowered vibration level when walking,all features that are now found on the mass produced F-22A. Basically an EMD model is the final test trial version of an soon to be mass produced model, all the shortcomings found on the EMD version will be rectified and improved on with the Mass produced model. Similar to real life the mass produced model is often an improvement on the Prototype.
Old 2012-10-28, 18:38   Link #39
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Yuuya you airhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yui! Make that meal and add some love potion or your man will be Chinese food or Russian Vodka.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-10-28 at 19:46.
Old 2012-10-28, 19:35   Link #40
Sendou
Forever Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
Thing is, I feel that it could be a much better show if the animation quality was better. However as it is now it is actually distracting me from the actual dialogue. I am a person who doesn't really bother too much with animation in the first place, so in this regard it is horrible.
I know what you mean. This episode's animation quality is horrid enough to make me cringe too. I was expecting for QUALITY to make its return, but not in this scale.
Closed Thread