AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2016-07-08, 14:24   Link #61
vic-vic

Hmmm, I can't argue with that. Well, let's hope for the better
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 14:32   Link #62
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They could just say that Nanoha went back to Earth for family reasons. And leaving everything to her friends.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 14:36   Link #63
xizro345
King's Justice

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work either. Judging from the cast order, I'm expecting something like ViVid but with the "new character" being raised by Vivio and Reinhart. That would mean something far in the future where they can "conveniently" remove some of the older characters.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 14:54   Link #64
vic-vic

It's hard to tell now - we need to wait until we see at least tiser
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 15:25   Link #65
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
After sleeping on this, I feel a little less upset about it.

Nanoha Takamachi is an all-time favorite anime character for me, and the idea that we've now seen the last of her in anime format is depressing, especially given past movie announcements and the like. I'm also not sure how much I'd be invested in a spinoff from Nanoha that doesn't feature Nanoha herself at all...

All of that being said, the promo image for ViVid Strike is suggestive. That's not Vivio's typical hair color. Vivio's typical hair color falls somewhere between blonde and ginger, whereas this ViVid Strike promo image features a girl with brunette/dark brown hair. Hair much closer to Nanoha's in color. In fact, this ViVid Strike promo girl looks like a cross between Vivio and a teenage Nanoha.

Perhaps Seven Arcs is going for a hard reboot here. Perhaps they're going to make Vivio look and feel more like the Nanoha of the original series and Nanoha A's, in order to appeal to fans of the character and make any transition to this Nanoha-less universe smoother. Perhaps ViVid Strike will have a look and feel and tone more like that of the first two Nanoha series' and less like the Vivid anime.

If so, maybe that's all for the best. It could end up being a show that I'd enjoy watching, and that some other Nanoha fans enjoy watching. Perhaps this franchise could use a fresh start anyway.
I think if they're going for a re-imagining, it just feels like they're better off scrapping everything entirely and make something new but with lots of inspiration from old series like AU Gundam series. Or even Gundam series that follow the timeline with a new main character. Or like Mai Otome but actually good-- that one in particular I felt was a series that was familiar but ultimately missing the heart of it. Sometimes I really just feel like some franchises that were good should be laid to rest so we can remember them at their best instead of wandering around like zombies which just depresses me when I see that. But of course, it doesn't have to be that way with the right inspiration (and $$$)

On the other hand, it's also entirely possible the series can invite an entirely new breed of fans. As for people like me who may never accept it, I'll be left behind, but at least the franchise lives on

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 15:29   Link #66
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As far as a reimagining goes, they already have the movies as a platform for such. This is either an AU from the manga, or a spinoff from it, like the Railgun manga was a spinoff from the Index light novels and now the Railgun anime is an extended canon of the Railgun manga.
Old 2016-07-08, 17:43   Link #67
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

I wouldn't mind if the girl in the picture was Vivio, this time being Nanoha's actual daughter. Still being the Sankt-Kaiser and all though.

If it's some sort of super hard reboot it'll feel too weird to watch, I think. Not crying over Nano or most likely also Fate, but weird enough.

Wonder when we can expect actual info.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate

Last edited by ZodiacBeast; 2016-07-08 at 17:54.
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 18:39   Link #68
Boukenxha

I think they probably gonna skip all the way to focus on the protege(s) of Vivio and Einhart instead, their family names being Reventon and Berlinetta. The character illustrated could be Einhart's protege, even Einhart herself? Her barrier jacket has a familiar color and style, the device looks like a white color Asteion. Not the best news for me because while I can still hope for more interesting characters and stronger plot, I was getting quite bored with the over representation of hand-to-hand combat style.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 19:29   Link #69
Kazu-kun

I think the character in the picture is a new character. I doubt they would change Vivio's looks (or Einhart's). That would be too weird. Besides, there are two names before Vivio and Einhart in the credits. Those two are probably the new main characters, and the girl in the picture is probably one of them.
Old 2016-07-08, 20:29   Link #70
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Maybe treat it like Gundam and lump all the parallel universes into 1 subforum.
Old 2016-07-08, 21:16   Link #71
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Maybe treat it like Gundam and lump all the parallel universes into 1 subforum.
I've been saying that repeatedly here: if Gundam can have every one of its spinoffs (including MS IGLOO that doesn't have the Gundam name on the title) be in the same subforum, why shouldn't Vivid Strike be in the Nanoha subforum where it belongs?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 21:20   Link #72
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

'cause we have at least one spinoff series that got its own forum. Railgun's circumstances are much different than this one, however, so I too feel it should be kept under the Nanoha forum.
Old 2016-07-08, 21:38   Link #73
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, 1) the Nanoha sub-forum has its own share of problems, and 2) we don't know for sure yet if this reboot/re-imagining/spin-off/whatever will soar or fall upon launch. For the moment, I'm going to wait and see. Depending on what it ends up being, even if does get a sub-forum, it may be better served with a fresh start.
Old 2016-07-08, 21:43   Link #74
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

We're not really asking for Vivid Strike to get its own sub-forum, and I highly doubt that it'll warrant one, we're just asking for this thread to be moved to the Nanoha forum since it's patently obvious that this is part of the Nanoha franchise, regardless of the lack of "Nanoha" in the name. It's not like the Nanoha forum itself is Retired, and there hasn't been any problems in there for a long while now - no rabid shippers and fans.

What's the use of having subforums if they're not being used to organize the stuff that should be there? Having Vivid Strike moved into the subforum would also make it more obvious that this is a Nanoha-related series, and not something that just has a similar name (see the initial short-lived confusion with Vividred Operation).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 21:53   Link #75
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As a spinoff there's really no justifiable reason why it shouldn't have its discussion thread in the Nanoha forum. It's part of the franchise, and uses the characters already established in that franchise, in the same world established in the franchise.

If you are going to keep it separate, though, you could make an argument that every AU Gundam series (G, Wing, X, SEED, 00, etc) should have the same treatment and they should have their own forums or discussion threads outside of the Gundam forum. Gundam Build Fighters is DEFINITELY a traditional spinoff series, and doesn't even feature actual Gundams or mobile suits, but plastic models of such. But even that was kept in the Gundam forum.

So why keep ViVid Strike! out of the forum of the franchise that spawned it?
Old 2016-07-08, 22:10   Link #76
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Guys, the thread is staying here for now. Thanks.
Old 2016-07-09, 00:46   Link #77
Rovert10

If we're assuming the Vivid cast is the same one from the manga.

They could use the fact that Nanohaverse is a multiverse/timeline setting.

They could just wisk away the Vivid cast to alternate timeline where original cast doesn't exist because "lol lost logia". That way you can immediately justify the lack of any of the original cast characters and keep all focus on Vivio and the gang. No killing off characters or timeline skipping involved. Would it be the most interesting? I don't know but it'd probably be the "safest".
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 01:31   Link #78
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Those things generally don't work. And in this case it would mean immediate backfire. I mean, despite being a minor franchise, a lot of people were ticked off when Komugi was recast in Komugi-chan R.
Is a recast really worse than essentially writing off the character for good and completely changing the landscape of the franchise, with no follow up to the previous Vivid season, as well as no more Nanoha 3rd?

As much as I like Yukarin.... it's a no brainer for me.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 01:47   Link #79
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You're underestimating just how much otaku emotionally invest in these women.
Old 2016-07-09, 04:05   Link #80
xizro345
King's Justice

To be fair, it happened also on other franchises and games (not necessarily Japanese ones) so it's not only an "otaku" (I wish we could stop using that term) thing.

Quote:
Is a recast really worse than essentially writing off the character for good and completely changing the landscape of the franchise, with no follow up to the previous Vivid season, as well as no more Nanoha 3rd?
I'd say, right now, they're basically the same. The franchise has been struggling since a while. While ViViD (despite - IMO - its horrible writing) may have reinvigorated the franchise, the lack of BDs probably slowed the momentum quite a bit.
The only worse situation I can imagine would be killing Fate on screen and I doubt they're that crazy.

They should just let the franchise die, the way I see it.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote