AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-28, 22:35   Link #4441
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
No, the reason people are complaining is because she is supposed to be the #3 level 5 and should be able to solve everything herself (something both season 1 and 2 say is what she exactly shouldn't do )

It's just kind of weird if her manga has her as first the damsel in distress and then the powerful antagonistic "monster" of the arc (that is if she did lose control of herself but that still hasn't been revealed yet).

You made a good point though. Touma helping her is good for character development. The only reason I might be against it is because it'll make even less fans buy season 3 driving sales down further even though it is already such an amazing story...

@Wilfriback I originally thought he was talking about Kakine... it would be cool if he made an appearance here... but my question concerning that is have we even seen him appear once. He clearly isn't Aleister's favorite...
Spoiler for Index III battle royale arc:
Spoiler for Index season 4:

I would say Touma is in the shadow of the main plan because no one knows about him strangely enough even with all of the amazing things he has done, right? It's clearly unnatural if you think about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Why not?

He is the spare plan afterall. It doesn't means he is the favorite one above all but just the second after the Main, thus Gensei says "obscured by".
My quote above there is why...

Fine he appeared one other time this arc... clearly not enough to distinguish him in any way though from the others...
Old 2013-07-28, 22:55   Link #4442
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
But he should be "answering" her question, not talking to himself.
He looked like he was talking to himself for me, with "power is beautiful, what's the most interesting way to use it" and all that.
Old 2013-07-28, 23:04   Link #4443
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
He looked like he was talking to himself for me, with "power is beautiful, what's the most interesting way to use it" and all that.
That much is true, but he might not have been talking to himself the entire time... Don't Kiharas tend to do that where they say something important and then they just suddenly go thinking about "science"
Old 2013-07-28, 23:21   Link #4444
versionf

Well, the next page he said "with Misaka's body as vessel" not "your body" so he's not talking to her at least.
Old 2013-07-29, 00:22   Link #4445
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
Well, the next page he said "with Misaka's body as vessel" not "your body" so he's not talking to her at least.
True... which makes me wonder is it...
Spoiler for New testament Volume 6 you know what this means...:

Kamachi is going to make this entire month a hellish experience of trying to guess what is going on

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-29 at 00:53.
Old 2013-07-29, 00:58   Link #4446
Cundou
FanFic Writer

I just logged in for the first time in two years to say...

DEMON MIKOTO IS AWESOME!

Spoiler:

It's like every fan fic writer's wet dream coming true. No matter the outcome of this arc, just the fact that we got to see this awesome form makes it possible to abuse it in all thinkable ways in upcoming fics.
I absolutely love the design of this "demon", it looks terrifying and beautiful at the same time. I never had the imagination to imagine Mikoto as a demon (who would?), but this definitely delivers.

Even if Touma ends up saving the day there will be complications before we get that far. I hope for some screentime for Kuroko and the other girls, and I wonder what the heck Mikoto will do now - is her brain fried from overload? I doubt she's still "conscious", but this series keeps surprising me, so who knows. Ideally she'd manage to snap out of it by herself with the help of her friends or something cliché like that (sometimes those are good ^^). But as long as I get to see some more Lightning Demon Mikoto I wouldn't mind it even if Touma rides up on a white stallion in nothing but thongs and punches her face in.

Last edited by Cundou; 2013-07-29 at 08:56.
Old 2013-07-29, 01:00   Link #4447
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cundou View Post
But as long as I get to see some more Lightning Demon Mikoto I wouldn't mind it even if Touma rides up on a white stallion in nothing but thongs and punches her face in.
This was the best part of your post
Old 2013-07-29, 01:04   Link #4448
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Made me laugh so hard. Let it happen, please.
Old 2013-07-29, 02:18   Link #4449
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Spoiler for Just my wild, wild imagination...:

Old 2013-07-29, 02:24   Link #4450
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
Doubt it lol...
Spoiler for Answer to "just my wild, wild imagination...":
Old 2013-07-29, 03:13   Link #4451
zaeraal

Quote:
I absolutely love the design of this "demon", it looks terrifying and beautiful at the same time. I never had the imagination to imagine Mikoto as a demon (who would?), but this definitely delivers.
It was mentioned before, but she might be half demon / half angel from the appearance.
You can search through previos discussion.

Quote:
I wonder what the heck Mikoto will do now - is her brain fried from overload? I doubt she's still "conscious", but this series keeps surprising me, so who knows.
It would be quite a twist if she were still conscious (like Hyoka was).
But Gensei would still try to control and test her powers.

Quote:
But as long as I get to see some more Lightning Demon Mikoto I wouldn't mind it even if Touma rides up on a white stallion in nothing but thongs and punches her face in.
Please no I would rather have a serious arc than something like that

Quote:
With the entire Network dumped on her, this Demon Mikoto would probably feel and know everything that the Sisters have known and felt, which includes their deaths 10032 times. Maybe she'll go on a rampage to hunt down Accelerator to punish him... :eyespin
That would be definitely a good excuse to make him involved, but she will have to forget everything afterwards.
But even so, will she be able to hurt him in this state?
If no, it will be just for show, if yes, he will have to show way better skills than his last time (with Touma).
Old 2013-07-29, 04:19   Link #4452
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
It was mentioned before, but she might be half demon / half angel from the appearance.

That would be definitely a good excuse to make him involved, but she will have to forget everything afterwards.
If no, it will be just for show, if yes, he will have to show way better skills than his last time (with Touma).
Do you still think that maybe the idea that they aren't talking about Mikoto but instead about
Spoiler for New Testament Volume 6:
is possible? I really wish it were true...
Old 2013-07-29, 07:03   Link #4453
cleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This was the best part of your post
Quote:
Quote:

When is Makoto a demon when she's not a demon?

Spoiler for Touman vision:

I know that was bad.
Old 2013-07-29, 07:47   Link #4454
desrtsku
Nympholept

Got some free time and read the spoilers.
Why is Misaki so damn frail and vulnerable? I-I just can't resist those kind of things ...

I don't have the ability to read through the thread right now, so can anyone tell me why network boosted Miko is a demon?
Old 2013-07-29, 08:46   Link #4455
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

remember that touma didn't punch misaka and has no intention to fight her

maybe a touma misaki combo would be nice
Old 2013-07-29, 08:50   Link #4456
Cundou
FanFic Writer

Quote:
I read the entire discussion about this chapter before posting, of course! Everything about Railgun gets sucked in like mosquitoes to a bugzapper. I loved the explanation about the ribbon/wings thing, would never have figured that out myself.

It doesn't matter whether she's "awakened", "half-awakened", "berserk", "overloaded", "angel", "demon" or half'n'half leprachaun and unicorn or whatever it is: It is awesome! It's so damn sexy I can't stop looking at it! Someone did a heck of a good job to please a fangirl.
btw, is she floating above the ground in that picture, or is it just the way her feet are drawn that makes my mind play tricks on me?

Like everyone else has to, I too really wonder what happens next. If the "favorite" thing refers to Touma, Gensei might have done this in order to have Touma fight powered-up Mikoto (assuming she has indeed powered up, I would assume so from the looks alone, but we haven't really been shown anything yet).
But I keep getting surprised at the plot twists here, so I won't even try to make an educated guess. For all I know, Kongou Mitsuko might fly in on her satellite dish and save the day before anyone else. Or maybe the whole experiment fails brutally next chapter and Mikoto reverts back on her own just to kick Gensei's ass for trying to mess with her.

Quote:
With the entire Network dumped on her, this Demon Mikoto would probably feel and know everything that the Sisters have known and felt, which includes their deaths 10032 times. Maybe she'll go on a rampage to hunt down Accelerator to punish him... :eyespin
Your imagination is running as rampant as mine xD
Old 2013-07-29, 08:58   Link #4457
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I read the entire discussion about this chapter before posting, of course! Everything about Railgun gets sucked in like mosquitoes to a bugzapper. I loved the explanation about the ribbon/wings thing, would never have figured that out myself.

It doesn't matter whether she's "awakened", "half-awakened", "berserk", "overloaded", "angel", "demon" or half'n'half leprachaun and unicorn or whatever it is: It is awesome! It's so damn sexy I can't stop looking at it! Someone did a heck of a good job to please a fangirl.
btw, is she floating above the ground in that picture, or is it just the way her feet are drawn that makes my mind play tricks on me?

Like everyone else has to, I too really wonder what happens next. If the "favorite" thing refers to Touma, Gensei might have done this in order to have Touma fight powered-up Mikoto (assuming she has indeed powered up, I would assume so from the looks alone, but we haven't really been shown anything yet).
But I keep getting surprised at the plot twists here, so I won't even try to make an educated guess. For all I know, Kongou Mitsuko might fly in on her satellite dish and save the day before anyone else. Or maybe the whole experiment fails brutally next chapter and Mikoto reverts back on her own just to kick Gensei's ass for trying to mess with her.

Your imagination is running as rampant as mine xD
Everything about Railgun though like you say is literally the reader getting sucked into "Bugzapper Mikoto Misaka" (Touma's unfortunate nickname for her in the english dub... )

Trust me all of our imaginations are running wild. I hope Kamachi satisfies at least one of them
Old 2013-07-29, 09:01   Link #4458
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
POWER OVERWHELMING!!! So how about the 'Archon' Mikoto. Cause it may seems fitting for that kind of form.

EDIT: BTW, is chapter 61 coming out this week?
Old 2013-07-29, 09:30   Link #4459
whitecloud

i guess its more fitting of demon than archon....hehe...

since index series "level 6" is basically taken from legend surrounding angel and demon...

the demon that fit is the one of 72 pillar of solomon count furfur one of great earl of hell..the one that hold domain of thunder and lightning..

Count Furfur

Furfur (other spelling: Furtur) is a powerful Great Earl of Hell, being the ruler of twenty-nine legions of demons. He is a liar unless compelled to enter a magic triangle where he gives true answers to every question, speaking with a rough voice. Furfur causes love between a man and a woman, creates storms, tempests, thunder, lightning, and blasts, and teaches on secret and divine things.
He is depicted as a hart or winged hart, and also as an angel.

so..."count" misaka then?
Old 2013-07-29, 10:08   Link #4460
desrtsku
Nympholept

Why not Fursaka or Furkoto?

Tags
fantasy, shounen