AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-24, 23:32   Link #41
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
I was always under the impression that ASAS was a part of the many extras the NA release got over the original JP release. Which of course was remedied when Final Mix came out, having even more goodies. If anyone knew the answer for sure, that would be great.

But regardless of that, too much was retconned from ASAS for me to think that Nomura had it all figured out. Kairi's design especially. That clearly went back to the drawing board at least once or twice.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 00:13   Link #42
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
But regardless of that, too much was retconned from ASAS for me to think that Nomura had it all figured out. Kairi's design especially. That clearly went back to the drawing board at least once or twice.
While Kairi design may have had a review in design, some things were still retained. Most notably the change of length in her hair and the slight age increase. Which shows there was a plan for a significant passage of time eventually.

Other things though is the Sora and Riku falling from the sky in the KH2 ending during that clip with Kairi and the fact Roxas and Riku were fighting in the World That Never Was. Heck even Riku's hair and age change was apparent in KH2 for the time passage and I think a lot of people didn't even know it was him at that point of time.

Even a lot of the text that was flying around in that one part of ASAS were actual lines said in the story, most notably "We shall go together." Which Xemnas says in the final battle with him.

Not to mention with Chain of Memories taking place between KH and KH2, the plans ahead for the plot were much greater than one would think about. I have a feeling most people would think about only the next sequal in the series rather than than one 2 releases away.
Old 2010-01-25, 02:38   Link #43
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
While Kairi design may have had a review in design, some things were still retained. Most notably the change of length in her hair and the slight age increase. Which shows there was a plan for a significant passage of time eventually.
If and only if they got the green light for a sequel. Otherwise it was only a teaser for concept because Final Mix hadn't come out yet.

Quote:
Other things though is the Sora and Riku falling from the sky in the KH2 ending during that clip with Kairi and the fact Roxas and Riku were fighting in the World That Never Was. Heck even Riku's hair and age change was apparent in KH2 for the time passage and I think a lot of people didn't even know it was him at that point of time.
I actually knew it was Riku all along, but anyway.

Just because a bunch of ideas have been thought up doesn't mean the connections have all been determined. Nomura showed the battle in Deep Dive first, but it doesn't mean he had figured out everything else that had preceded it. A lot of people write the ending to their story before the beginning. Look at 358/2 Days.

Quote:
Even a lot of the text that was flying around in that one part of ASAS were actual lines said in the story, most notably "We shall go together." Which Xemnas says in the final battle with him.
Kazushige Nojima put all of those in after writing the scenario, actually. Scenario writing comes before script writing. Before that they were just random phrases Nomura put in the movie.

Quote:
Not to mention with Chain of Memories taking place between KH and KH2, the plans ahead for the plot were much greater than one would think about. I have a feeling most people would think about only the next sequal in the series rather than than one 2 releases away.
CoM and KH2 were written simultaneously. Of course they could put them together with no problems.

Old 2010-01-25, 07:40   Link #44
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Again, not worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
There's some...problem if I tried to change it to OFW 6.20 just to play it.
Whatever. But just remember your responsibilities, if you would truly call yourselves fans, when the western release comes around.

Regarding the continuity of the series, I believe eveything was thought out from the begining as a infallible project. Begining with the backing of Disney allowing the use of their characters, using sate-of-the-art graphics to drive the game, the approach of using a international young J-Pop artist to debut her new single as the theme song and a re-release with upgrades within the same year of it's debut, etc.

Sure the story might not have been well thought out and changes were made for the sequel and prequel, but there are evidences that Square and Disney had mega plans for this series to be a franchise.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 11:21   Link #45
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Whatever. But just remember your responsibilities, if you would truly call yourselves fans, when the western release comes around.
You insult me with your doubt.

Quote:
Regarding the continuity of the series, I believe eveything was thought out from the begining as a infallible project. Begining with the backing of Disney allowing the use of their characters, using sate-of-the-art graphics to drive the game, the approach of using a international young J-Pop artist to debut her new single as the theme song and a re-release with upgrades within the same year of it's debut, etc.

Sure the story might not have been well thought out and changes were made for the sequel and prequel, but there are evidences that Square and Disney had mega plans for this series to be a franchise.
I'd like to see said evidence. You seem to give Disney a whole lot of credit in this, when it's their fault that Utada Hikaru isn't doing any more new songs for this series.

Old 2010-01-25, 17:32   Link #46
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
You insult me with your doubt.
Can't blame a guy from being cynical when you see the sad state of software releases on the PSP.

Quote:
I'd like to see said evidence. You seem to give Disney a whole lot of credit in this, when it's their fault that Utada Hikaru isn't doing any more new songs for this series.
Why, I have pointed the evidence out from my post above in regards to KH being a infallible long term project. Namely how Disney is willing to give a first time collabrator use of a wide range of their characters in a new franchise on the yet untested, unproven new hardware of the PS2. Granted Square could have impressed Disney by showing a prototype of the game and Disney liked what they see enough to be convinced into a long term investment.
Old 2010-01-25, 19:20   Link #47
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm pretty sure that, like most game companies who introduce new IPs, Square was hoping it would sell well enough that they could justify a sequel. Regardless, since the sequel hook elements weren't really present in the original and the premise was so ridiculous, I personally believe that the whole thing was just an educated gamble on the part of Disney and Square.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 19:30   Link #48
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Can't blame a guy from being cynical when you see the sad state of software releases on the PSP.
Don't lump people into categories when you know nothing about them.

Quote:
Why, I have pointed the evidence out from my post above in regards to KH being a infallible long term project. Namely how Disney is willing to give a first time collabrator use of a wide range of their characters in a new franchise on the yet untested, unproven new hardware of the PS2. Granted Square could have impressed Disney by showing a prototype of the game and Disney liked what they see enough to be convinced into a long term investment.
You cannot say with any certainty that the series would have continued if the sales numbers weren't there. Even if there were plenty of elements to increase its probability of success, the first game was still just an experiment and a gamble on the part of all parties involved.

But enough of this topic. This thread is for Birth by Sleep.

Old 2010-01-25, 19:35   Link #49
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But enough of this topic. This thread is for Birth by Sleep.
Aqua sure is awesome, isn't she? I love (efficient) female protagonists in my video games.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 23:07   Link #50
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Can anyone here fill me in on what exactly happened behind Utada's declaration on not doing nay more songs for KH?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 06:58   Link #51
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Aqua sure is awesome, isn't she? I love (efficient) female protagonists in my video games.
Not to mention that she's an important character in this game, much more that I expected >3 That made me love her more.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 07:09   Link #52
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Hmm, is Zack the only FF character in this game ?

I was hoping to see a younger Leon given his age in KH2 or even FF 4 characters given the 1990 timing in the pre title headings.
Old 2010-01-30, 11:12   Link #53
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Done with Terra's scenarior today.

Through out the story, I thought he will pull a Anakin-Darth Vader and become Xemnas with Xehanort playing out the Sidous part. And we did see his eyes turn Sith in the secret movie in KH2 too. However it's not so at the very end.

But why didn't Eraqus, a Master Practioner of Light sense the Darkness in Xehanort earlier which will prevent the motion of everything taking place ? It was even mentioned in the character profile that somehow they were....comrades ?
Old 2010-01-30, 18:51   Link #54
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

I believe you're referring to Xehanort, apprentice to Ansem the Wise, not Xemnas, Nobody of the Seeker of Darkness.

As for Master Erauqs, the letter that Master Xehanort had written to him before the game made him believe that he wanted to reconcile. He was being played of course, but Practitioners of Light are generally far too trusting for their own good.

And of course they would have to change stuff from the secret movie to fit the plot. Among other things, they didn't consider the graphical overload in-game when they came up with those capes.

Old 2010-01-30, 19:41   Link #55
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
I believe you're referring to Xehanort, apprentice to Ansem the Wise, not Xemnas, Nobody of the Seeker of Darkness.
Arn't Xehanort and Xemnas the same in the end ?

Quote:
As for Master Erauqs, the letter that Master Xehanort had written to him before the game made him believe that he wanted to reconcile.
So is that explained in one of the secret report ? If so, I should dig further granted that I'm only a quarter done with the Trinity Report section.

And to think that Xehanort even tricked Yen Sid, who is supposed to be a greater Keyblade Master than Eraqus Unless Yen Sid's role was to watch over the balance between light and darkness after his retirement, which was hinted in Aqua's encounter with the Fairy God Mother where she was warned about this delicate nature, and decide not to intervene.
Old 2010-01-30, 20:16   Link #56
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Spoiler for Terra's Story, all games:

Old 2010-02-02, 09:33   Link #57
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Half done on Aqua's side and have pretty much understand how the Command Change System works.

But still had not how decypher what affect the ability that comes out from the combination of the commands and various ingredients. Is it all completely random or is there some fixed pattern to it ?

PS :- 3-Year-Old Kair's cute through and through. But I'm not too sure that there's any 3 year old that is as eloquent as she is nor her ability to understand the ideas of light-in-darkness expressed by her grandmother. Either those kids in KH really mature fast or amybe I just got her age wrong.
Old 2010-03-21, 00:16   Link #58
iceyfw

wow. most games that have a prequel released after the game its based on mostly tend to get negative comments but this game is just wow from the opening and storyline. i honestly don't know if kingdom hearts will be made into a franchise or not as long as the story, plot, and characters is what drives the game. i hear the american release is due summer 2010. is that right?

it makes me want to get a PSP for this and a few other games i've been having my eye on for a few now. persona 3 portable and persona are among the few i've been wanting to play but having no PSP prevents me so to play them

i might just have to start saving up for the psp...
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 01:55   Link #59
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

damn it the game doesnt come out until Christmas >< this blows... oh well I have a few other games too look foward too.
Old 2010-03-21, 02:56   Link #60
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Can anyone explain to me how the control works?

I've been watching videos and reading about the battle system, it seems to be a great addition to the series and it makes everything more action-packed and faster.

I'm assuming X is jump, O is attack and triangle is triggering skills in your deck. R i'm assuming is Lock-On? What is L? How do you cycle through your deck? The D-pad? Wouldn't that be a bit too slow in urgent times (which as why the original KH had the L1 short cut).

What button do you use to trigger D-Link and the Shoot Mode? Are they just slots in the deck as well?

How do you trigger finishers? As your bar fills up I know that u can either switch to a different mode or attack with your finisher move. I can read Japanese and I realize that your O button transforms into another command as they keep attacking. I was wondering if you're forced to execute the finisher if you don't change forms. Can you not save the finisher for a better timing and go back to normal attacks? Or do you have to do it then and there or it'll be lost?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossover, mark hamill = over 9000, mx = vulcan