Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-08-25, 13:01   Link #281
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
and I'm pretty sure WB's will (and thus defence-piercing haki) is stronger then Vista's .. he's just that awesome
Yea that just means that One Piece has even more complex game mechanics.

Lets say Vista's Haki is only level 5 which allows you to ignore 50% Devil Fruit abilities, his 100,000 damage will do 50,000 damage to Akainu.

And Whitebeard has level 10 Haki, which allows you to ignore 100% of Devil Fruit abilities, so he does 500,000 damage per hit.

And then you can still factor in Akainu's Haki defense, maybe he has level 7 Haki, which allows him to ignore 70% of all damage dealt to him, so Vista only does 15,000 damage to him and Whitebeard does 150,000 damage.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 13:05   Link #282
Kallen4life

good point
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 13:32   Link #283
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

or the best explanation is akainu = tank
Old 2010-08-25, 13:44   Link #284
Kallen4life

he is a Tank, just like WB & BB, but from one atk he took virtually 0 damage, the 2-nd he withstood with a brief recovery time (and showed blood and fatigue) .. must be haki difference
Old 2010-08-25, 14:08   Link #285
Kallen4life

btw Rayleigh is a confirmed Kings haki user after the explanation .. so him, Luffy, Shanks, WB and Boa

also I find it interesting that the marines fear Kings Haki the most (witness their reaction to Luffy's outburst), but it's basically an aoe attack that only works on fodder!mooks (well the SPNovas were slightly affected, but they're far from the top tier anyway) .. the 'armor'-haki seems to be the most useful in a serious 1v1 battle along with mantra (depends on the opponent .. if it's a logia u really need to have armor-haki)

also, if Ace really had it, then I'm much more relieved, since it wasn't some supreme SSJ haki, but just one variation of the three

and of course, by has/had haki I mean - shown to use in the manga in actual combat with effect .. since everyone has it

oh and Zoro's blood-curling heart-stopping bandana-wearing glares - Kings Haki as well ?
Old 2010-08-25, 15:21   Link #286
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
my biggest question was in relation to Akainu - Vista sliced his shoulder and Vista was a Haki user, but Akainu seemed rather unaffected .. 2 blows from Whitebeard brought him down though (for some time) .. I used to think this was because of WB's Kings Haki, but seeing as how it isn't so - it's just the matter of the strength of one's will - WB's was monstrous and enough to overpower Akainu's .. Vista's wasn't
I have a simple explanation: Akainu used Armored Haki to defend himself against Vista and Marco, while Whitebeard either didn't give him time to defend or simply used stronger Armored Haki.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 15:46   Link #287
Kallen4life

Quote:
Akainu used Armored Haki to defend himself against Vista and Marco
I get the idea that having it (just having it) IS the defense .. if your will is stronger you can negate the effects of it going through your logia (or maybe even mitigate regular damage)

Quote:
simply used stronger Armored Haki.
I have no doubt that WB's is stronger then Vista's (or anyone elses possibly) .. that's what I'm gonna stick with for now
Old 2010-08-25, 16:27   Link #288
Rainbowman

Now that we know there are 3 types of Haki, here's what I figure on the Strawhat crew with some possibilities:

D= Definite
P= Possible

Kenbunshoku= Observation/Awareness/Detection
Busoushoku= Armor/Weapons/Infusion
Haoushoku= King/Tyrant/Rage

Luffy- 1st Haoushoku D 2nd Kenbunshoku D 3rd Busoushoku D
Nami- 1st Busoushoku D 2nd Kenbunshoku D 3rd Haoushoku P
Usopp- 1st Kenbunshoku D 2nd Busoushoku P 3rd Haoushoku P
Zoro- 1st Busoushoku D 2nd Kenbunshoku D 3rd Haoushoku P&D
Franky- 1st Busoushoku D 2nd Kenbunshoku D 3rd Haoushoku P
Sanji- 1st Kenbunshoku D 2nd Haoushoku D 3rd Busoushoku P
Robin- 1st Kenbunshoku D 2nd Haoushoku P 3rd Busoushoku D
Chopper- 1st Kenbunshoku D 2nd Busoushoku P 3rd Haoushoku P
Brook- 1st Busoushoku D 2nd Kenbunshoku D 3rd Haoushoku P

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2010-08-25 at 17:03.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 17:06   Link #289
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The only one of the crew who will have King's Haki is Luffy. He's the leader. That's just how it goes.
Old 2010-08-25, 17:40   Link #290
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The only one of the crew who will have King's Haki is Luffy. He's the leader. That's just how it goes.
Never say never. As much as Luffy is the leader, that doesn't deny one more strawhat could gain that Haki.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 22:42   Link #291
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I'll admit it's possible given Rayleigh's possession of it, but it seems unlikely. If the others had that kind of power, they'd be the ones drawing people to them.
Old 2010-08-26, 01:56   Link #292
Kallen4life

like I said earlier - those glares of bandana-wearing Zoro that freeze people on the spot - Kings Haki ? maybe, maybe not

I'd say at most Luffy & Zoro, but likely only Luffy

it won't even help against the big dogs anyway
Old 2010-08-26, 03:25   Link #293
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
it won't even help against the big dogs anyway
I think it will help.

Dont know how, just a feeling.
Old 2010-08-26, 03:39   Link #294
Distinction

Well afterall knocking people down is the Kings Haki. And imo the weakest feature of all of the three but the one with the biggest coolness factor.
Distinction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 04:06   Link #295
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I wouldn't count Zoro completely out just yet though. He frequently displays an uncanny intimidating presence, which several characters throughout the series has remarked upon, and Rayleigh obviously possessed it, and he was first mate just as Zoro is.
Old 2010-08-26, 04:22   Link #296
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

According to Rayleigh, most people that makes allies quickly and gain a lot of fame, probably have conquerors Haki. Conquerors haki isn't just intimidation. One of the gifts bestowed on conqueror haki is the ability to charm, make allies. You can intimidate, charm, scare, or soothe people.

This means... that's right... BUGGY THE CLOWN!

Buggy is highly charismatic. He is able to talk down to the most powerful of pirates and they find him HILARIOUS! His friends are world famous and powerful. He's well connected. Oh yeah, his pirate crew is insanely powerful. Even though he is a complete moron and cowardly as hell, no one ever questions him. People would follow him off a cliff.

mirers. This is why Luffy, being the nicest guy in the world, still makes enemies easily.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 04:29   Link #297
Kallen4life

Quote:
According to Rayleigh, most people that makes allies quickly and gain a lot of fame, probably have conquerors Haki.

you have to be right !!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-08-26, 07:28   Link #298
John D.

When Rayleigh said that you tend to lean towards one aspect which you should discover so you can train the color you are best at, did he include King's Haki? Because he also said that King's Haki can be controlled, but not trained, and that it only grows in strength with your will. (^I may be misinterpretation here...).
Old 2010-08-26, 07:43   Link #299
Kallen4life

yeah he said it can't be trained in power (which increases according with individuals regular strength and will increase), only controlled (I assume he means singling out targets instead of spamming aoe burst)

but frankly he's a pro at all 3 and so should be luffy .. mantra is good for melee combat and avoiding damage .. armor for offense-defense, not to mention u kinda HAVE to have it to damage logias and guys like Mr. 1/Jozu/Buggy
Old 2010-08-26, 22:05   Link #300
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
According to Rayleigh, most people that makes allies quickly and gain a lot of fame, probably have conquerors Haki. Conquerors haki isn't just intimidation. One of the gifts bestowed on conqueror haki is the ability to charm, make allies. You can intimidate, charm, scare, or soothe people.

Buggy is highly charismatic. He is able to talk down to the most powerful of pirates and they find him HILARIOUS! His friends are world famous and powerful. He's well connected. Oh yeah, his pirate crew is insanely powerful. Even though he is a complete moron and cowardly as hell, no one ever questions him. People would follow him off a cliff.

Hahaha.... man, this is so true. I can't wait for Buggy to become Pirate God so he can conquer the world!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote