AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 10:13   Link #2861
Birdway
Banned

Ikki is to much for a golf cloth, only Phoenix fits him.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 09:31   Link #2862
Galaxian

More has been revealed about episode 76 to 78 as well as part of the titles of ep79 and ep80…

Quote:
76 - The Immortal Bird! Encounter with Phoenix Ikki!
Koga and his companions fall on Mira as they make their way to the castle. He wants to exterminate the remaining Saints to expand its collection of Clothstones. But Phoenix Ikki, which has a Cloth can regenerate itself, appears.

77 - Regain your Time! The Saints of Athena Gather!
The Saints reach the Gate of Pallas’ castle, ut the time around the door is stopped, and none of their shots are can reach it. Koga raises his Cosmo with the intention of giving his life to destroy the door.

78 - Start of the Decisive Battle!
The Time Gate was destroyed and the team enters the castle. The Rank-2 Pallasite Europa appears in front of them and show them four roads. One of them leads to Pallas’ room. The Saints are separated into four teams and set off.

79 - The Killer Who Combines Attack and Defense! The Deadly Technique of Shun’s Chain!

80 - The King of Time! Hyoga (Unreadable)

Last edited by Galaxian; 2013-10-10 at 10:07.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 10:11   Link #2863
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
80 - The King of Time! Hyoga (Unreadable)
Couldn't get any less subtle about what the episode is going to be about with that title there.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 10:37   Link #2864
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
80 - The King of Time! Hyoga
Wow, Hyoga mastering Absolute Zero & Time? Well, it certainly gives a new meaning to the old saying “frozen in time” .
Old 2013-10-10, 10:53   Link #2865
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Couldn't get any less subtle about what the episode is going to be about with that title there.
The return of Tokisada and Hyouga acquiring the Aquarius cloth? I have no idea wtf Tokisada would be doing here though...
Old 2013-10-10, 11:17   Link #2866
Galaxian

The "King of Time" could be talking about a Rank 1 Pallasite (they have the whole time destruction thing) or it could be that Subaru is on Hyoga's theme hint-hint nudge-nudge.

Though I would love it it if had something to do with Tokisada and the Aquarius Cloth.
Old 2013-10-10, 11:22   Link #2867
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Hopefully they could tie together all the lose ends regarding why the Aquarius cloth got cursed and why Hyoga didn't became the Aquarius gold saint as people would have expected him to be.
Old 2013-10-10, 11:37   Link #2868
Galaxian

One thing, the title for episode 80 didn't come from a magazine, Subaru's VA posted a partial pic of ep80's script on his blog...

Old 2013-10-10, 12:16   Link #2869
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Hopefully they could tie together all the lose ends regarding why the Aquarius cloth got cursed and why Hyoga didn't became the Aquarius gold saint as people would have expected him to be.
Yeah, looking back the first season was pretty tightly planned as a whole, but the one thing that bugs me is the whole Tokisada situation. I always had the feeling they skipped something or changed plans due to time restraints there (when they probably thought the series would end on 51).
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 12:30   Link #2870
Galaxian

Tokisada was built up early and while it had a pretty underwhelming tenure as Aquarius, he did had a very cryptic end.

At times, the Season 2 writers seem to actively try to ignore what happened in the first season, but I really hope this is something they would pick up.

Though like I said, the "King of Time" part of the title could easily not be related to Hyoga at all.
Old 2013-10-10, 12:32   Link #2871
Birdway
Banned

I always had a feeling that during the fight against Tokisada there was something missing, specially the part where Tokisada thinks of Yoshitomi as if they were more than just enemies during that time.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 12:51   Link #2872
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I always had a feeling that during the fight against Tokisada there was something missing, specially the part where Tokisada thinks of Yoshitomi as if they were more than just enemies during that time.
Yeah, that's part of what i was talking about.
Also, Tokisada showing grudge towards "that woman" (presumably Medea), and claiming that Haruto 'wouldn't understand" why he accepted a cursed Cloth. It's like a backstory was left out.
And Genbu ended up being pretty underused, his fight against Tokisada didn't account for much. That section of the story was pretty weird.

Quote:
At times, the Season 2 writers seem to actively try to ignore what happened in the first season, but I really hope this is something they would pick up.
There were three loose ends i hoped this season would tie up: the Aquarius cloth, Paradox and Mycenas.
Paradox is returning, Mycenas we can dimiss as just killed offscreen, but there's still the Aquarius cloth.

Of course, if we go back to the original series, it would be nice if they explained whatever happened to Marin too. I like to think she is taking care of Seika somewhere.
Old 2013-10-10, 15:10   Link #2873
Justin_Brett

"So, you're still alive, Tokisada? Fine, then: I'll defeat you a second time...with the power of ROCK!"

"...can I fight someone else?"
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 16:15   Link #2874
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Anyone finds it's funny that Element of cosmo doesn't mean shits anymore?
Old 2013-10-10, 16:44   Link #2875
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Anyone finds it's funny that Element of cosmo doesn't mean shits anymore?
It makes sense, though. The first season had a strong light vs darkness motif (their clash was the thing that somehow affected the cloths and changed everything too) and along the story the other elements were quickly losing importance.
With Apsu and Mars gone, all the darkness was gone with them, "light" doesn't have anything to oppose and the remaining elements didn't mean much anymore.

Other than that, even in the first season it was always said that Cosmo was more important than elements - like very early when Eden OHKO'ed his opponent that had a supposed element advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
"So, you're still alive, Tokisada? Fine, then: I'll defeat you a second time...with the power of ROCK!"

Haruto is such a joke that in the last episode when Kiki was giving personal pieces of advices to everyone, he wasn't in the room. They probably didn't know what Kiki would have to say. Maybe "Hey Haruto, i would like you to listen this demo i made"
Old 2013-10-10, 17:41   Link #2876
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post

No going to lie, that joke made my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Haruto is such a joke that in the last episode when Kiki was giving personal pieces of advices to everyone, he wasn't in the room. They probably didn't know what Kiki would have to say. Maybe "Hey Haruto, i would like you to listen this demo i made"
I like to think that Haruto was afraid of facing Kiki. I mean, if Kiki was coming down pretty hard on the others who only had a minor damage on their Cloth, he would have Starlight Extincition Haruto's ass after what he did to the Wolf Cloth

Though in all honesty, The season 2 writers seem to really like Haruto (and Souma), since he has gotten almost as much screentime and spotlight as Kouga this time around and far more than both Ryuho and Yuna.

Hell, they seem to downright hate Yuna...
Old 2013-10-10, 20:40   Link #2877
Magia

Quote:
Though in all honesty, The season 2 writers seem to really like Haruto (and Souma), since he has gotten almost as much screentime and spotlight as Kouga this time around and far more than both Ryuho and Yuna.

Hell, they seem to downright hate Yuna...
I think it's more of balancing screentime and development for everyone than picking favorites. Season 1 was clearly biased for Yuna, so it's good to let characters like Haruto and Souma get some time to shine.
Magia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 09:49   Link #2878
Galaxian

According to the Omega website, Phoenix Ikki will be voiced by Tomokazu Sugita.

Old 2013-10-11, 10:00   Link #2879
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's weird that he's wearing his old cloth rather than a clothstone. Did Toei fuck up or did his cloth go back to how it was because Phoenix, bitch?
Old 2013-10-11, 10:07   Link #2880
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's weird that he's wearing his old cloth rather than a clothstone. Did Toei fuck up or did his cloth go back to how it was because Phoenix, bitch?
It's because Ikki is so badass he never had to raise his cosmo to make his cloth evolve.

Tags
action, shounen