AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 98 69.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 9.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-03, 03:05   Link #21
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

this episode makes like nearly all the lousy episodes in the first season worth it
Old 2007-08-03, 03:15   Link #22
SnowfairyX

Episode 6 preview is up. Looks like this is where
Spoiler:
finally makes her debut.
Old 2007-08-03, 03:40   Link #23
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
Watching it now on crunchyroll. This episode resurfaces something I've been wondering for a while. If it can't be answered without a spoiler, please do not answer it at all.

Spoiler for My question:
I asked that question too (look up). Klashikari kindly gave me an answer to it, but I had to figure out for myself why there were people there too. Some points that might help you (if you're too lazy to go up and read Klashi's post, here's a digest):

Spoiler:

If you can answer those questions, I guess you'll pretty much have the answer for it. ^^ Credit Klashikari for her deductive powers. xD

Quote:
well on a side note i don't really like what they done to Rika they made her like... not what i pictured her to be like. i mean come on... they made her so... different =/ ( well at least to me). and No i dont mean dark rika i mean they made dark rika different from the way i thought dark rika would be
Wow. Now that's confusing. How did you imagine her to be? xD
Old 2007-08-03, 03:52   Link #24
Shion's Sanity
Banned

The answer? Hmm...

Parents' Night!

I'm curious to know more about the "message", as well.

Episode 6 preview? Where?!
Old 2007-08-03, 03:53   Link #25
Aortic

Higurashi at its finest.

This arc sort of reminds me of that French film Cache, where every answer revealed carries with it two new questions.

To me the most intriguing would be what happened to the twenty or so people who are unaccounted for?
Old 2007-08-03, 03:56   Link #26
Shion's Sanity
Banned

O_OAlien abduction? It's kind of fitting.

I'm curious about that too.

Looked on the official site, but didn't find the preview there.@_@
Old 2007-08-03, 04:06   Link #27
SnowfairyX

Episode 6 preview:

http://www.animate.tv/special/higurasi_yokoku.php
Old 2007-08-03, 04:07   Link #28
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Here is the link for the preview, credits to mathx.

http://www.animate.tv/special/higurasi_yokoku.php

it is official: Minagoroshi-hen will kick in next week, and the "auauauauau" mascot, Hanyuu, will be officially shown !

edit : some seconds too late i guess
Old 2007-08-03, 04:18   Link #29
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Looks interesting.^^ I hope Tomitake will be in it. I can't help hoping they'll make his festival scene from the first manga. That was so awesome(or even better, the part with him in the Angel Mort outfitXD)!
Old 2007-08-03, 04:24   Link #30
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
I'm curious to know more about the "message", as well.
I think it's quite simple. ^^

Spoiler:

About the 20 people that went missing, they're probably people that

Spoiler:

And about the preview:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 04:31   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ quite simple... before or after the PM?

Spoiler for messageS behind Rena's hat:
Old 2007-08-03, 04:41   Link #32
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

After. Only after. Good point there.

Spoiler:

Hum-huh. Pretty metaphorical.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 04:52   Link #33
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
i regret rating 10 for the previous episodes cause this is the episode that truly deserve a maximum rating =/. wish they had an '11' or something.
Successive episodes of this season have put into stark focus the relative quality this show can achieve. If every episode of Higurashi had been like this one, then we'd all be commenting on how average this episode turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
well on a side note i don't really like what they done to Rika they made her like... not what i pictured her to be like. i mean come on... they made her so... different =/ ( well at least to me). and No i dont mean dark rika i mean they made dark rika different from the way i thought dark rika would be
You have to remember, we now know that Rika remembers all the previous Hinamizawas, and that she (probably) died in every single one of them. Taking into account that we don't know how many times she has been looped through this recurring nightmare, she must have tried a multitude of ways to change not only her own destiny, but the destiny of everyone within the village. And each and every time she has failed. The sheer weight of despair must be utterly crushing by now.... I'm surprised she simply hasn't fallen completely into a state of catatonic torpor already.... She is certainly teetering on the edge of that right now.
Old 2007-08-03, 05:04   Link #34
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i know about dark rika's , well past thats why shes so cynical and all , i just thought she would be like stronger and wiser . guess i forgot deep down, shes just a 10 year old that needs love :P
Old 2007-08-03, 05:47   Link #35
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, actually she cannot be considered as a "10 years old girl" with what is happening with her.
the problem is not only the past experiences, but her mind has lived many years.

it is safe to speculate that she is "way too old" for what she is supposed to be.
this is a common "problem" for the undying/immortal character in general: once they are stuck in this state, it isn't surprising for them to be that jaded.

Wisedom isn't something you can pull out with that mindset, and especially what hopelessness.
Granted, things might change. As you can see on the OP, Rika will probably draw out her determination. Her fighting spirit is anyway required (as an example : Tsumihoroboshi-hen, both her discussion with Rena, and her intervention with the "clock" with keiichi)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-03 at 06:07.
Old 2007-08-03, 05:54   Link #36
Aortic

This episode makes me want to catalogue every single instance those anonymous conspirators have appeared and analyze the significance.

Here's a rough start, let me know if you can think of any I'm missing..

Himatsubushi
The thugs who've kidnapped the minister's grandson seem to be the earliest (chronologically) incarnation of them.

-Presuming they're not taking their orders directly from the Hinamizawa Families, what motives do the "Disaster" culprits have in keeping the Dam from being constructed?
-Does this imply an allegiance between them and the resistance? What further could this entail?

Onikakushi
Presuming it wasn't K1's delusions (which seems plausible considering they look exactly the same) he first encounters one in the near hit and run.
-K1 is the one approached by Takano in this arc, and subsequently loses it. Could this incident be baiting to exacerbate his condition?
-This also seems to imply K1 was being tailed in a similar manner to Rika in this arc. Considering that Rika was the one approached by Delicious in the most recent arc, it makes one wonder if the surveillance initially wasn't because of the planned evisceration at all?
-K1 later encounters a pack of Anonymouses in the woods, at which time he gets into an altercation. But he wakes up alive(!?) in his home. Why he was spared at this point is mysterious. It's also unclear if the troops who arrive with Irie are in cahoots with the conspirators. If so he must play some crucial part in the mystery. This seems more probable considering they have plants in the local hospital.
-One must also wonder if these troops deployment could have anything to do with the initial stages of enacting the "Disaster"?

I can't recall how they factored into the other arcs specifically, anyone recall?
Old 2007-08-03, 06:11   Link #37
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They are also present in Tsumihoroboshi, but they were rather "minor" in these arcs.
They are completely absent in Watanagashi/Meakashi. The reason behind is very likely linked why there isn't any disaster in the said chapters.

As for the "allegeance", considering what we know in Himatsubushi-hen, their expertise, and professional skills are hardly equal to the Sonozaki. Thus, considering what we know from Reunion and this episode, we can assume this isn't the "the sonozaki were plotting a bioweapon", considering these guys are likely linked with a bigger organization.
What is much more important to note is that they obliterated the Gosanke leaders in the school as well.
In conclusion, they are rather a third party, absolutely no in either "rika's friends" or "sonozaki leaders".
Old 2007-08-03, 07:03   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah right now we sit knowing at least who ended up killing Rika. But still that doesn't give us much since we don't know who they are working for. Plus what reason could they have for doing all of this? As we know they aren't just normal thugs, certainly they have a seriously high level of skill and influence. Of course the background of these guys will probably be explained later, but at the moment I just can't figure them out.

Things do seem quite strange with everyone in that school. Plus being in their casual clothing on top of it. Maybe everyone was called into some town meeting? Herded by these assassins into the school for easier disposal? Seems like I always end up with more questions than answers.

All I can do is feel terribly sorry for Rika. It'd be hard to imagine going through such horrible htings over and over again. Can't really blame her for being tired of it and not seeing the point in really giving an effort. While Keiichi did give her some will to fight since it was a while ago for her she needs another 'miracle'. At the moment she might have too much experience to get the will to struggle. She's seen so much and lost so many times it could be extremely difficult for her to get back into this.
Old 2007-08-03, 07:24   Link #39
Garet Linegod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
All I can do is feel terribly sorry for Rika. It'd be hard to imagine going through such horrible htings over and over again. Can't really blame her for being tired of it and not seeing the point in really giving an effort. While Keiichi did give her some will to fight since it was a while ago for her she needs another 'miracle'. At the moment she might have too much experience to get the will to struggle. She's seen so much and lost so many times it could be extremely difficult for her to get back into this.
Rika once described her dilemma like this: "It is like sitting in a room and being forced to watch a video over and over and over again, until you know every frame of it. And still you're being forced to watch on, and as boredom and exhaustion take over you, you slowly close you eyes until you're asleep (death/gameover)."

Edit: Just saw the Preview. It's finally time to reveal the rules (法則)! Hope they take some time to explain things slowly, otherwise it could get quite confusing... On the other hand, I can already see one of the "keys" (カギ) setting to get to work in the first episode. Isn't the pacing a bit too fast considering there are still at least 19 episodes left? I certainly don't want to see a 13 episode series for Kai...

Last edited by Garet Linegod; 2007-08-03 at 07:36.
Old 2007-08-03, 07:49   Link #40
NH1976

fumigations.

In Tsumihoroboshi (at the end of ep 26) , we see Mion and Chie speaking about the forest service doing fumigations. They are supposed to stay indors with windows closed.That's when they were interrupted by Rena.

Maybe that "forest service" is some coverup for the conspirators to gather the inhabitants at some point. But i don't see why. Mion seems to have been killed where she lies so we could assume K1 and Shion were at school too when they were gassed. Wearing their casual clothes...

EDIT: And if they were gassed, it must be with a gas which doesn't leave traces when the bodies are autopsied. Suggest VAST means for the conspirators (or maybe the writers just didn't think about that "detail" )
Closed Thread