AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-07, 16:06   Link #1
mrkasipallo

Kinda ran out of anime.

K heres my list of watched anime, and im trying to find something new comedy/adventure/romance not mecha atm. "Katsottu" Means that i have watched every episode of the series. Its finnish. So any suggestions? (i dont really like those horror animes. The anime i just watched Hayate no Gotoku i really liked it, that kidna animes hit the spot for me atm i think)

2x2=Shinobuden : katsottu

Afro Samurai : katsottu

Akagi : 22

Aishiteruze Baby : katsottu

Ai Yori Aoshi : katsottu

Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi : 6

Air Gear : katsottu

Ah! My Goddess : katsottu

Ah! My Goddess Season 2 : katsottu

Ah! My Goddess OVA : katsottu

Ah! My Goddess Tatakau Tsubasa : 3

Amaenaideyo!! : katsottu

Amaenaideyo!! Katsu!! : katsottu

Azumanga Daioh : 15

Bamboo Blade : 5

Basilisk : 13

Blood+ : katsottu

Busou Renkin : katsottu

Bleach : 164, muista katsoa loppu ekstrat

Black Lagoon : katsottu

Black Blood Brothers : katsottu

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan : 7

Berserk : katsottu

Black Cat : katsottu

Claymore : katsottu

Coyote Ragtime Show : 3

Code Geass : 26

Chobits : katsottu

Chrno Crusade : katsottu

DN Angel : katsottu

Detective Academy Q : 5 (puol väli)

Devil May Cry : katsottu

D.Gray-Man : 47

Darker than Black : katsottu

Death Note : katsottu

Eyeshield 21 : 98

Eureka 7 : 3

Elfen Lied : katsottu

Fate Stay Night : katsottu

Fullmoon wo Sagashite : 2

Full Metal Alchemist : katsottu

Gatekeepers : 5

Guyver Genisis : 4

Gurren Lagann : katsottu

Gungrave : katsottu

Get Backers : katsottu

Gintama : 53

Girls Bravo : 4

Green Green : katsottu

Hayate no Gotoku : 48

hack/sign. : 9

Hunter x Hunter : katsottu

Hellsing : katsottu

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni : 13

Hell Girl : 21

Ikki Tousen : 6

Ichigo 100% : katsottu

Inuyasha : 6

Kateikyo Hitman Reborn : 56

Kekkaishi : 36

Kenichi : 51

Karin : katsottu

Kaze no Stigma : katsottu

Kimikiss Pure Rouge : 21

Kiba : katsottu

Mahou Sensei Negima : katsottu

Mushishi : 8

Monster : 2

Night Wizard : 3

Ninja Scroll : katsottu

Negima!? : 9

Naruto : 046 shippuuden

One Piece : 346

Rental Magica : 18

Rosario + Vampire : 10

Rurouni Kenshin : katsottu

Shingetsutan Tsukihime : katsottu

Slayers : 10

Skull Man : 2

Seirei no Moribito : 2

Sumomo mo Momo mo : katsottu

School Rumble : katsottu

School Rumble Ni Gakki : katsottu

Samurai Champloo : katsottu

Samurai 7 : 10

Samurai X : 4

Samurai Deeper Kyo : 22

Trigun : katsottu

The Law of Ueki : katsottu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya : 2

The Soultaker : 1

Tenjou Tenge : katsottu

Trinity Blood : katsottu

Utawarerumono : katsottu

Wolf's Rain : 3

Witch Hunter Robin : 3

Yu Yu Hakusho : katsottu

Zombie Loan : 2
Old 2008-03-07, 16:20   Link #2
anime fan
crazy

Send a message via Yahoo to anime fan
have you seen tactics or noein
Old 2008-03-07, 17:00   Link #3
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan View Post
have you seen tactics or noein
i'm not sure why he'd want to

if you like Hayate, check out Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. The guy who wrote the Hayate manga was assisstant to the guy who wrote the SZS manga though both anime take liberties with the manga plot.
Old 2008-03-07, 19:02   Link #4
mrkasipallo

yay

Im gonna try those suggestions then to see what kind animes they are. Ty for helping anyways
Old 2008-03-07, 19:47   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I will totally recommend Gunslinger Girl.
Old 2008-03-07, 23:53   Link #6
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
i'm not sure why he'd want to

if you like Hayate, check out Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. The guy who wrote the Hayate manga was assisstant to the guy who wrote the SZS manga though both anime take liberties with the manga plot.
Oh yeah. If you liked Hayate, you'd probably like SZS, they're not really "similar", but if you like one, the other will probably also be funny.
And in the same general group, Lucky Star. It's more of an otaku show like Hayate, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I will totally recommend Gunslinger Girl.
Something, something, seconded, etc.

Ha, new Clannad avatar too.
This is like the third time you've changed it recently or something.

And can you tell us what other anime you liked aside from just Hayate? Having a list of what you've seen is helpful, but knowing what you liked is more important.

Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima are good if you liked Nagi. Shakugan no Shana is a fantasy/action/romance, while Zero no Tsukaima is a fantasy/romantic comedy.

EDIT: Ha. Won!
Also, I'll second Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and also add that I doubt that you've seen 26 episodes of Code Geass without having finished it.
I forgot to mention this the first time around, but The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya should be on your list.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-03-08 at 00:48.
Old 2008-03-08, 00:19   Link #7
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I second Shakugan no Shana, because it seems like no one really hates it and everyone enjoys it.

If you like Hayate no Gotoku, then you might enjoy Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore and Seto no Hanayome.

And I'm changing my avatar just to spite you.

EDIT: Never mind, too much effort.
Old 2008-03-08, 00:39   Link #8
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I will take this opportunity to suggest Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to you. If you love shounen and/or mecha of any kind, you will find TTGL to be the godly and epic series you've been waiting for. Watch it. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Old 2008-03-08, 00:56   Link #9
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
I second Shakugan no Shana, because it seems like no one really hates it and everyone enjoys it.

If you like Hayate no Gotoku, then you might enjoy Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore and Seto no Hanayome.
Agree.

Seto no Hanayome is the only completed series in there, so I suggest that you should start off with it first.
Old 2008-03-08, 01:04   Link #10
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Agree.

Seto no Hanayome is the only completed series in there, so I suggest that you should start off with it first.
Shakugan no Shana's first season is finished (obviously), and you don't necessarily need to watch its second season right after completing its first.

Oh, and Khold, I only really noticed your sig change just now.
I must say, witty.
Reminds me of when Prof Oak tells you that he "came when he heard you beat the Elite Four.".
Old 2008-03-08, 01:11   Link #11
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Shakugan no Shana's first season is finished (obviously), and you don't necessarily need to watch its second season right after completing its first.
I still count Shakugan no Shana as another *incomplete* series, the same thing goes for Gunslinger Girl, ha.

By the way, did I specifically mention "Season 1"?
Old 2008-03-08, 01:13   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Yeah I don't remember that, because unlike you I don't have a dirty mind while watching Pokémon, which brings up an interesting point. If all animals in the Pokémon world are replaced by Pokémon so when you eat meat, do you really eat Pokémon? Do Pokémon eat each other to live? Are they all vegetarians? No wait, there are anthropomorphic plant Pokémon also.

But yeah, the infamous bathing scene of Riviera. What a great game that was. Now you're obli...never mind.

So back on topic yes you can just watch the first season of Shakugan no Shana and that is fine, since there's no real cliffhanger and the last episode offers a tone of finality anyways. And I will also recommend sola, because it seems like it fits.
Old 2008-03-08, 03:11   Link #13
mrkasipallo

About Tengen Toppa Gurrenn Lagann I watched it while ago. Its in my list. And for the Code geass dude, every number you see in my list means, wich is the next episode to watch. Code Geass season 2 is soon starting so i havent finished it.

Animes that I Like Ah! My Goddess, Death Note, Eyeshield 21, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, Gintama (my personal fav), Hunter x Hunter, Kimikiss Pure Rouge, Rosario + Vampire

those are the animes I like most in the list.

And btw Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was really good, but short :'(.

Last edited by mrkasipallo; 2008-03-08 at 03:25.
Old 2008-03-08, 17:17   Link #14
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Yeah I don't remember that, because unlike you I don't have a dirty mind while watching Pokémon, which brings up an interesting point. If all animals in the Pokémon world are replaced by Pokémon so when you eat meat, do you really eat Pokémon? Do Pokémon eat each other to live? Are they all vegetarians? No wait, there are anthropomorphic plant Pokémon also.
I'm pretty sure that Prof. Oak says "I came when I heard you beat the Elite Four" in the Pokémon game, but even after beating them hundreds of times (actually, I'm not sure whether or not he says it in the older games, so it could be less), I hadn't noticed until an aquaintance of mine pointed it out to me. (This is the same person who shows me the line "Ahh, Valter, you're a beast", that was in Fire Emblem.)
Whoa. That makes you thinkabit. I don't remember them ever eating meat, but I had only watched a bit of the original series when I was a kid. I'd say that the meat probably is Pokémon, though. Magikarps and Miltanks and Rhydons and whatnot. I would say some of them eat other Pokés, but for the most part, they all look like herbivores, or plants that would photosynthesise and such. I actually can't think of any Pokémon at the moment that seem like they would eat other Pokémon, barring some of the water types like Gyarados that look like they eat Magikarps. And I guess Onixes and other Rock types look like they eat dirt or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkasipallo View Post
About Tengen Toppa Gurrenn Lagann I watched it while ago. Its in my list. And for the Code geass dude, every number you see in my list means, wich is the next episode to watch. Code Geass season 2 is soon starting so i havent finished it.

Animes that I Like Ah! My Goddess, Death Note, Eyeshield 21, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, Gintama (my personal fav), Hunter x Hunter, Kimikiss Pure Rouge, Rosario + Vampire.
Hmm.. if you liked Kimikiss and Rosario, you'll probably like Shuffle!, too.
Again, Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
And I'll second Sola just because it's good.

EDIT: I think you have a Shakugan no Shana avatar, too. I'm assuming she's holding a bundle of melonpan and wearing her uniform, but I can't tell whether or nhot hse has her ahoge.
But then again, Noizi Ito didn't draw her with an ahoge.

And I could easily be wrong.
Old 2008-03-08, 17:47   Link #15
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Whoa. That makes you thinkabit. I don't remember them ever eating meat, but I had only watched a bit of the original series when I was a kid. I'd say that the meat probably is Pokémon, though. Magikarps and Miltanks and Rhydons and whatnot. I would say some of them eat other Pokés, but for the most part, they all look like herbivores, or plants that would photosynthesise and such. I actually can't think of any Pokémon at the moment that seem like they would eat other Pokémon, barring some of the water types like Gyarados that look like they eat Magikarps. And I guess Onixes and other Rock types look like they eat dirt or something.
Man it would be tough for herbivores then. I can only imagine it now, Horsea's Water Gun is not very effective against Tangela... Shit there goes your lunch. But then again, the idea of Pokémon evolving would be totally against religion anyways, so... Smoked Taurus, anyone? Nagisa is so damn cute.
Closed Thread