AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-16, 11:33   Link #901
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Frankly guys, anyone who would have been willing to buy a PS3 should have no problems with a PSP. Take Malaysia - new PSP is RM700-800. New PS3? RM1700-2000.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 14:14   Link #902
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Finally picking up myself a copy of the second game today. Played a little bit of it so far, and the dub isn't that bad. Sure it's not what i wanna be listening to, though i've heard much worse.

Gonna jump right into this game at the weekend.
Old 2010-09-17, 15:23   Link #903
DC20

Yeah, a PSP isn't as expensive as a PS3, but they're not at all the same comparatively. I'd be more than willing to shell out $300 US for a full console, but I would have some pretty strong reservations about shelling out $150 for a hand held. If you're comparing price between the two then you also have to compare what you're getting for those prices, and all things equal you're getting much more for your $300 with the full console than you are with the $150 for the PSP. Even if you buy used I don't think they're equal. Is the PS3 more expensive overall? Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that just because a person could pay for the PS3 that the PSP is worth that person paying out for or that it isn't too expensive to justify the purchase.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 16:47   Link #904
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Anyone here having problems with corrupted saved games? A few blokes on another forum I know have had their games ruined by corrupted save files.

One was forty hours in and lost everything... Poor bastard.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 16:59   Link #905
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Frankly guys, anyone who would have been willing to buy a PS3 should have no problems with a PSP. Take Malaysia - new PSP is RM700-800. New PS3? RM1700-2000.
There are couple of reasons why people won't consider getting a psp at this stage. And rumours of the psp2, thanks to a 3rd party developer, doesn't help. It is probably better to get a pspgo and the psn version at this stage, considering that sony, unlike others, are likely to support purchased psp content for their next handheld, if it is backward compatible.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 17:58   Link #906
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
It's also a very good time to buy a PSP right now.. along with VC2 other recent games worth looking at are Ys7, MGS Peacewalker, Persona 3 and KH BBS.

You have the following on the way...

VC3
The 3rd Birthday
FFXIII Agito
Tactics Orge PSP
Dissidia012
God of War
Monster Hunter 3
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 18:05   Link #907
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
There are couple of reasons why people won't consider getting a psp at this stage. And rumours of the psp2, thanks to a 3rd party developer, doesn't help. It is probably better to get a pspgo and the psn version at this stage, considering that sony, unlike others, are likely to support purchased psp content for their next handheld, if it is backward compatible.
You can still get a PSP with a decent sized memory stick for less than you would buy a psp go while still buying the game digitally. No need to pay an absurd amount of money to get locked out of some games that are still UMD only (like Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep for examploe).
Old 2010-09-18, 05:44   Link #908
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You can still get a PSP with a decent sized memory stick for less than you would buy a psp go while still buying the game digitally. No need to pay an absurd amount of money to get locked out of some games that are still UMD only (like Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep for examploe).
True, but you can use DS3, plus component cable and play the game on your TV from your couch. Still don't get the idea why they call it portable and go.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 13:54   Link #909
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
True, but you can use DS3, plus component cable and play the game on your TV from your couch. Still don't get the idea why they call it portable and go.
True, the original psp is a mess when it comes to tv-out. Most games give you a nice friendly message saying "this game is not supported using this output mode" (also no bluetooth but the psp isn't that bad aside from the nub and triggers :P).
Old 2010-09-19, 09:24   Link #910
jwai

Does anyone think that Light Tank B is a bit *too* good? With only 1 CP per activation, you can do a fair bit with it during a turn, as well as the occasional Bloodthirsty potential popping up to get even more value out of a CP.

One of my favourite tricks is moving the Light Tank towards an enemy camp shooting up the vehicles, turrets, bunkers and lancers in the way, and then retreating it. That way, I kill off everything that could hurt the tank before they can even hit it, and it makes following up with infantry a lot easier.

Is it just me, or are some of the squad members a bit out of character? I personally find Vicky, Nahum and Inghild to be quite out of place in-game.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 13:55   Link #911
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Does anyone think that Light Tank B is a bit *too* good? With only 1 CP per activation, you can do a fair bit with it during a turn, as well as the occasional Bloodthirsty potential popping up to get even more value out of a CP.
I probably WOULD, if I wasn't a Heavy Tank B user. Loads of HP/armor + good AP + excellent firepower > 3 CP.

Quote:
Is it just me, or are some of the squad members a bit out of character? I personally find Vicky, Nahum and Inghild to be quite out of place in-game.
I never thought about them like that, but now that I think about things those three are QUITE out of place in VC2.

Also, Vario/Anisette = I should totally write that.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 08:29   Link #912
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I don't use the tanks, other than for the constructor arm. Usefulness/CP is too low for me otherwise.

It's nice to see others disagree on that point though... I never found the 2CP tanks in 1 useful beyond cover either.
Old 2010-09-20, 08:42   Link #913
jwai

Can't say I need a tank with lots of HP and armour just yet, because I prioritise taking out anything that could hurt the tank, and then either leave it to intercept infantry, or retreat it to deploy elsewhere. They can't kill your tank if you kill off everything capable of doing so first

Either way, the tank is rarely exposed to danger for long. If anything, my main concerns are the big land mines. The small land mines can be safely run over by the tank, but the big ones do a fair bit of damage.

Say, what exactly do you need to do to get the class-specific potentials? I've been grinding Support credits to try and promote my Engineers, but I can't get them to acquire the class potentials too.
Old 2010-09-20, 09:43   Link #914
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Say, what exactly do you need to do to get the class-specific potentials? I've been grinding Support credits to try and promote my Engineers, but I can't get them to acquire the class potentials too.
Depends on the potential, but the one thing that ties them all together is spend CP on them. I took forever to learn Marion's Gunner potential (Prone Attack) mainly because I so rarely attacked while crouched with her. So it really depends on the exact Potential that you're trying to learn... and the fact that you mostly will not know what it is.

Though you could always ask, and if someone here has it, they might be able to tell you. I'm hoping a list appears on gamefaqs at some point.
Old 2010-09-20, 10:30   Link #915
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Generally, I've found that Light tank B with the Cptd Armor/Gatling turret fulfills all my tank needs:

1 CP means more uses per turn, plus it can go anywhere since it's off-road capable (reminds me of the Scimitars that could run anywere, even ground where a soldier would sink).

Cptd Turret has a whopping 1200 damage vs armor and 390 vs infantry. What does this mean? I have a light, fast tank with good range that can one-shot anything short of a bunker or a boss - and some bosses die in one shot. I can kill V2s with headshots!

Let me emphasise that. Headshots. With a freakin' tank gun.

To an extent I'm living the tank destroyer doctrine, which called for a fast, less-durable machine to go and charge in and take out tanks...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 16:18   Link #916
jwai

OK I just got to September, and I think things went way too fast with the plot at that particular point.

Spoiler:

August's main story mission was a real pain in the arse though. I ended up losing about 2 guys (freaking lost Avan on turn 1 because I tried to hide him but that didn't work against Dirk) and the tank doing that mission, although I did manage to hold out for the 8 turns, repeatedly using Nichol as Sniper and the tank in a fire brigade role, switching between camps trying to stop the V2 rush.

I gotta admit, Nichol is pretty good as Sniper...
Old 2010-09-21, 16:26   Link #917
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
August's main story mission was a real pain in the arse though. I ended up losing about 2 guys (freaking lost Avan on turn 1 because I tried to hide him but that didn't work against Dirk) and the tank doing that mission, although I did manage to hold out for the 8 turns, repeatedly using Nichol as Sniper and the tank in a fire brigade role, switching between camps trying to stop the V2 rush.

I gotta admit, Nichol is pretty good as Sniper...
I tried to finish early and it was NOT working out. I think I figured out how I needed to do it, but it ALL depended on Dirk and what he does. That mission is my only D I can't fix [for the moment?].

DIIIIIIIIRK!
Old 2010-09-21, 17:53   Link #918
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I tried to finish early and it was NOT working out. I think I figured out how I needed to do it, but it ALL depended on Dirk and what he does. That mission is my only D I can't fix [for the moment?].

DIIIIIIIIRK!
I'm probably going to come back to it later once everyone is level 48-50 and it will be a total curb stomp because my Scouts will have more health than many of his troops.
Old 2010-09-21, 18:03   Link #919
DC20

There's no honor in a curb stomp, Red. If you don't walk out of a fight with a black eye it wasn't worth your time.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 18:07   Link #920
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
There's no honor in a curb stomp, Red. If you don't walk out of a fight with a black eye it wasn't worth your time.
I can't muck around with a .ini file and come back later and HOLY FUCK DR. HAX my way through it.

I've beat the story bits anyway. I could spoil the entire thing right now if I wanted, but I won't. I'll wait until I KNOW I have the power to A-Rank it, then I will.