AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-07-29, 22:30   Link #3801
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/246763

Tell me how you feel about this.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 23:16   Link #3802
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by posutan View Post

Oh my god. I want this so much.
I ordered her as soon as she was up on Ami, a lovely Ruri. <3
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 17:18   Link #3803
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Ah she's cute, but am unsure about her still.

My Hatsune Miku 01 turned up today, going to unbox her now. :P
Old 2011-08-02, 13:42   Link #3804
Nerroth
NePoi!

Got the Japanese version of the new Tracks at TFCon last weekend!

Spoiler for He was Poured This Way! (shown posed with Hasbro Drift):

Spoiler for Perfect time for a spot of car-jousting:
Old 2011-08-05, 00:47   Link #3805
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

2012 Guts

Spoiler for prototype:
Old 2011-08-06, 15:29   Link #3806
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/246763

Tell me how you feel about this.
Indifferent
Old 2011-08-09, 06:45   Link #3807
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Good lord, I certainly wasn't expecting such failure from Goodsmile Company regarding international business...

For those who haven't followed/learned about that, GSC allowed overseas customers to order some of their figures, mostly their charity actions through their official website.
The thing is that they advertized that the only shipping method was EMS, at a flat rate of 2000 yens, regardless how many figurines you were ordering (so same fee for 1 to 5 figurines).

I was suspecting something weird, considering how expensive it may be for them with EMS on the long run, but it seems the horror was worse than anyone could expect:
Initially, after 2-3 weeks, people were wondering what was going on since no parcel arrived, and more importantly: close to no one received a tracking ID.
Only after many inquiries, GSC finally responded with that kind of email:
Quote:
Dear Sir and Madam

Thank you very much for your message.
Your order has been send on the 14th of July.
We are checking and let you know later.

Best Regards,

Goodsmile online customer support
Quote:
Dear Sir and Madam

Thank you very much for your message.
Sorry for inconvenience this matter.

For your shipping, The pursuit number is not issued.
Your order has been send on the 14th of July.
When it is customer's delivery country, even the arrival will be about 3 months time-consuming of us.
Please contact us again when the spare prick doesn't reach.

Best Regards,

After some people from Singapore reported their parcel being nothing close to EMS, lots of people multiplied the inquiries (and for good measure heh), which finally turned into this today:
Quote:
Dear ____________

Regarding to Nendoroid Miku Hatsune: Support version for worldwide delivery,
We are plan to ship by EMS but this time we ship by Surface Parce.
We are sorry indeed for the report's delaying.

We are getting time to the shipment straightening arrival by shipping service about the customer whom the spare prick has not arrived now.

Your order has been send on the 14th of July from Hong Kong.
Please see below about days until arriving and confirm your arrival days.
When your order doesn't arrived on this schedule, please contact us again.

Contact form : http://cheerful-japan-global.ecq.sc/contacts
E-mail:shop.overseas@goodsmile.jp

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Spoiler for list of the countries and the expected shipping time:
I can't help but feel extremely pissed off by this turn of event: overcharged shipping fee aside, it is more like the false advertisement that EMS was the only available option for shipping. Of course, if you also considering how long they took to actually apologize, finally admitting the shipping method used, it certainly makes the matter worse. But to add the insult to the injury, we are receiving some sort of google translated email, along with a mention that the nendo are being sent by [surface parcel], not even SAL...

I sure hope it will be the only one epicfail they've done with their oversea customers, otherwise, I'll feel pity for those who orderer the madoka figurines, especially that huge ass Kyuubey.
Old 2011-08-09, 07:51   Link #3808
Gault
inc_mplete

was at Kinokuniya , boughts Gs Magazine , came with a Nendo Petite

Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 09:39   Link #3809
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't help but feel extremely pissed off by this turn of event: overcharged shipping fee aside, it is more like the false advertisement that EMS was the only available option for shipping. Of course, if you also considering how long they took to actually apologize, finally admitting the shipping method used, it certainly makes the matter worse. But to add the insult to the injury, we are receiving some sort of google translated email, along with a mention that the nendo are being sent by [surface parcel], not even SAL...
You can count me in, I'm one of the many angry victims of GSC Online's bait and switch shipping option.

I received those e-mails today too, it seems it was a mass email sent to everyone who ordered Nendo Support Miku. To think that I e-mailed them on August 1 and I only got a response today, a generic, machine translated response for the masses. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.

What's worse is, that's just the beginning of our problems, because by Surface Parcel shipping, our packages are exposed to the danger of getting crushed in transit and the risk of outright loss without insurance, aside from the very long wait. I've got a lot of patience, so I am capable of waiting for long, but what I just can't stand is, we've been technically scammed on shipping. That's just wrong. It's plainly false advertising. It's outrageous.

There's a big uproar going on now on Nendo Support Miku's page on MFC, naturally, many other people are very angry about this.
Old 2011-08-09, 09:45   Link #3810
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Good lord, I certainly wasn't expecting such failure from Goodsmile Company regarding international business...

For those who haven't followed/learned about that, GSC allowed overseas customers to order some of their figures, mostly their charity actions through their official website.
The thing is that they advertized that the only shipping method was EMS, at a flat rate of 2000 yens, regardless how many figurines you were ordering (so same fee for 1 to 5 figurines).

I was suspecting something weird, considering how expensive it may be for them with EMS on the long run, but it seems the horror was worse than anyone could expect:
Initially, after 2-3 weeks, people were wondering what was going on since no parcel arrived, and more importantly: close to no one received a tracking ID.
Only after many inquiries, GSC finally responded with that kind of email:After some people from Singapore reported their parcel being nothing close to EMS, lots of people multiplied the inquiries (and for good measure heh), which finally turned into this today:

I sure hope it will be the only one epicfail they've done with their oversea customers, otherwise, I'll feel pity for those who orderer the madoka figurines, especially that huge ass Kyuubey.
Was just about to post the same thing when i got a response to my email. They really dropped the ball this time. I have to wait 3 months that is ridiculous!
Old 2011-08-09, 14:13   Link #3811
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
What's worse is, that's just the beginning of our problems, because by Surface Parcel shipping, our packages are exposed to the danger of getting crushed in transit and the risk of outright loss without insurance, aside from the very long wait. I've got a lot of patience, so I am capable of waiting for long, but what I just can't stand is, we've been technically scammed on shipping. That's just wrong. It's plainly false advertising. It's outrageous.

There's a big uproar going on now on Nendo Support Miku's page on MFC, naturally, many other people are very angry about this.
That uproar on MFC was ironically enough more informative than GSC (thanks to this, I stopped being worried about not having a tracking ID after realizing that 90%+ had the same issue).

I really wonder what has happened for such fiasco: GSC didn't have trouble to import a lot of them for the Anime Expo in USA and Japan Expo in France (they had 300 for the latter, and I really don't regret for having been impatient and buying one on the spot despite my pre order).
I mean, sure the mass is probably much bigger compared to the quantity they have brought for the 2 conventions, but they should have been prepared themselves, considering the sheer amount of pre order stopped on April. They had like 2 months to deal with it, yet we got belated excuses... urgh.

What concerns me the most is that since Surface Parcel (by boat, correct?) is likely to be expotionally more dangerous the longer it takes, I wonder if the nendo will be fine for some people, considering how flimsy the package are.

I was kind of lucky, but I would be definitely pissed off if I were to discover that kind of crap, while some people would have it for $40/30€ by just wandering in one of these conventions.
Old 2011-08-09, 14:28   Link #3812
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
I don't understand how to use this site.. at all.
And desperately need to get rid of my figures/mangas/anime dvd's.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 16:56   Link #3813
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Quote:
Please contact us again when the spare prick doesn't reach

Okay, even if you find that spare one, I don't wanna know if it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
What's worse is, that's just the beginning of our problems, because by Surface Parcel shipping, our packages are exposed to the danger of getting crushed in transit and the risk of outright loss without insurance
Been ordering figures for 10 years from HLJ using SAL, I've yet to recieve more damage than a little dented corner

On guitar forums, you should read the horror stories from guys shipping guitars CONUS through the much revered 'famous' parcel companies
Old 2011-08-09, 17:39   Link #3814
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Even SAL would have been fine. What we are talking about right now is actually Surface Parcel, which is yet even more risky and random than SAL altogether (unless I'm mistaken, Surface Parcel is actually by boat...).
Old 2011-08-10, 01:05   Link #3815
GameraBaenre

This is my first figure kit for the year. I can't believe the year is almost over and I'm just getting my first figure kit done. Then again, this kit's been on the bench for a little over a year. It's from a sculptor that goes by the circle polygonia. The complete build progress is here: http://gamerabaenre.com/?page_id=2087

And this is what she looks like now:

Full gallery is here: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=2109
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 05:59   Link #3816
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
Been ordering figures for 10 years from HLJ using SAL, I've yet to recieve more damage than a little dented corner

On guitar forums, you should read the horror stories from guys shipping guitars CONUS through the much revered 'famous' parcel companies
Like what Klashikari said, we were talking about Surface Parcel, which is different from SAL and is most likely shipping by literal ship, as GSC sent us a list of countries and the time it would likely take the packages to arrive, with most countries listed as either taking 2 or 3 months, whereas SAL usually takes no more than a month to arrive. Some people on MFC even got replies from GSC saying their packages, shipped in July, would reach them in October.

I've ordered from HLJ a few times as well, always via SAL except for one package, and as far as I'm concerned, they use one of the sturdiest boxes out there, which has kept my goods safe even if they use less inner packaging than their competitors. The problem is, the packages GSC sent appears to have little or no inner packaging aside from outer boxes that might not be the toughest. This is made worse when you think that they're most likely sending by ship and not by plane like SAL.

@GameraBaenre
Good job with your GK, I saw your post on Figure.fm as well. That's an interesting, unconventional choice you made regarding Asuka's test plugsuit.
Old 2011-08-10, 07:39   Link #3817
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

With all the rage towards GSC, a package from a friend showed up today as some balm... quite an excellent timing, since it is a Snow Miku 2011 (as expected, airmail would beat the crap out of GSC shipping method, despite this small packet was sent on Friday).

Box and nendo alone: over here.

I must admit I wasn't expecting to have troubles while posing her, but it wasn't really a cake walk either: the hole in her back is not really deep, so that "arm" doesn't exactly hold her tight, which is truly a bother when you have to move her torso etc.

Probably a balance of karma, I guess my snow miku was one of the average quality among the mass production without any major defect (thankfully *sigh*):
-the PVC color of her body is a bit weird: it isn't obvious on the pictures, but her arms and area outside of her face on the faceplate are... well salmon/orangeish for some reason, especially her left arm with de 01
-Hachune hair part had its paint scuffed around the bottom left strand of hair (thank goodness it wasn't on the regular hair part)
-The paint finish isn't exactly smooth at some area

Frankly, if I were to compare with the Support version, Snow Miku is definitely no match to the latter in term of production quality. That said, the color pattern and her second faceplate are excellent (Blue and Silver are my favorite colors so...), although I think it doesn't exactly worth the price tag I've spent there... (initial 5.5K with 800 yens for the handling over there, and that's without the shipping JP => BE).

By the way: does anyone know how to tag an uploaded picture with their respective figurines shown on it, in mfc? Trying to tag this one with Support and Snow 2011, but to no avail (can't find an option for it... just signed in few days ago so).
Old 2011-08-10, 09:17   Link #3818
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
By the way: does anyone know how to tag an uploaded picture with their respective figurines shown on it, in mfc? Trying to tag this one with Support and Snow 2011, but to no avail (can't find an option for it... just signed in few days ago so).
When you go to your picture's page, look for "Related Items" on the right column and click on Link/Unlink, check "Limit to my collection" if you've already added the figurine to your collection, then in the search box, look for the correct figurine and click Add.

If I'm not mistaken, only the picture's uploader can link/unlink a picture to a figurine, so only you can do it for your own pictures.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:27   Link #3819
MizuhoChan

Greetings fellows, I've finally signed up, so I could post in here. I have lots of figures with boxes and was wondering if anybody would be interested in buying any.

I don't plan to sell them all, since I have favourites, but just let me know. I may consider selling some of my favourites depending on the price, if there is interest =)

I'll go take pictures now...

http://i52.tinypic.com/245d092.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/jh3ad5.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/nv5lk2.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/11t65qb.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/15f24ih.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/oubq4h.jpg

I don't know if I should post this here, but I have magazines/manga/dakimakura and various doujins and such if anyone is interested.
MizuhoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 10:01   Link #3820
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
This is my first figure kit for the year. I can't believe the year is almost over and I'm just getting my first figure kit done. Then again, this kit's been on the bench for a little over a year. It's from a sculptor that goes by the circle polygonia. The complete build progress is here: http://gamerabaenre.com/?page_id=2087

And this is what she looks like now:

http://gamerabaenre.com/wp-content/u...st-020_jpg.jpg

Full gallery is here: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=2109

Nice Gamera, I always love to see your projects

That is a nice ass btw