Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-04, 10:36   Link #141
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Well, well

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Watching this together with Asterisk will be a good experiment on how much can two shows divert into their own direction based on the similar plot and start.
After watching the two first episode, I prefer this one over Asterisk. Mostly, because the Tsundere main girl in this one is actually somewhat likable. She reminds me a bit of Erina from Shokugeki no Soma.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 10:42   Link #142
SakurazukaJames

Ikki's got a cool samurai-ish vibe to him, I can tell he's going to be pretty awesome to watch.

I will never apologize for enjoying fanservice.
SakurazukaJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 10:53   Link #143
Galaxian

While the song is alright, what I really liked were the opening visuals, so far that's the best one I've seen this season.

On a somewhat related note: every single anime (and one tokusatsu) I've seen this season has done the whole "Opening as the ending for the first episode" thing. Is that a trend now?
Old 2015-10-04, 10:54   Link #144
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Well, well

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Watching this together with Asterisk will be a good experiment on how much can two shows divert into their own direction based on the similar plot and start.
Stop with this companions already. It's random beginning used from years in manga/ln/anime.
1. See girl changing/naked
2. Tsundere mode
3. Duel
4. Love
Nobody cared about this before... What happened?

Oh, and Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut also use this kind of plot, you will compare it to this two series?

Edit:
Sadly still there's no watchable version...
Blade Steal
>
“Played Steel”
Official subs...
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:02   Link #145
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Spoiler for translated:
Old 2015-10-04, 11:04   Link #146
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Stop with this companions already. It's random beginning used from years in manga/ln/anime.
1. See girl changing/naked
2. Tsundere mode
3. Duel
4. Love

Oh, and Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut also use this kind of plot, you will compare it to this two series?

Edit:
Sadly still there's no watchable version...
Blade Steal
>
“Played Steel”
Official subs...
I think it's because whoever translated it couldn't understand Ikki's engrish, lol

Anyway as far comparisons go, the starting premise to Asterik is similar but the who and why are completely different. Ikki and Stella are a billion times better than Ayato and Julis.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:08   Link #147
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This is going to be a very last warning regarding this matter, and it will be applied for both parties.

You are free to compare this series with another one without any restriction, but stay on topic! Remember this is the discussion thread for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry and not for any other series.
As such, keep the comparisons to a very strict minimum, and do not start cycling arguments and comparisons for the hell of it.

Similarly to character shipping/bashing, we do NOT condone attitudes that promote a series / bash another one for sake of competition, "good taste claim" and any other pointless drivel. If you prefer a given show, then stick with it and don't meddle with other members' preference.

Last but not the least: there won't be any "VS" thread whatsoever. Any post asking for such kind of thread OR acting as such will be disposed on the spot. Any recidivist will be severely punished if needed.
I hope I was clear on that matter.
Old 2015-10-04, 11:08   Link #148
Galaxian

Two more comparisons from the two anime: A dueling festival is approaching and for the last couple of years their school hasn't done so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think it's because whoever translated it couldn't understand Ikki's engrish, lol

Anyway as far comparisons go, the starting premise to Asterik is similar but the who and why are completely different. Ikki and Stella are a billion times better than Ayato and Julis.
Agree, specially on Ikki's part. I love the whole concept of not giving up on yourself. It's nice to find a character in this types of anime who actually wants to excel and not just "live a normal life" or "live away from any problems".
Old 2015-10-04, 11:08   Link #149
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
After watching the two first episode, I prefer this one over Asterisk. Mostly, because the Tsundere main girl in this one is actually somewhat likable. She reminds me a bit of Erina from Shokugeki no Soma.
Erina.
Tsundere.

Seriously?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:10   Link #150
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Spoiler for translated:

Wow...that was quick.

So, for those who lurks at Japanese forums, what do they think about this 2 anime? Do they shared the same thought as us do?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:14   Link #151
Kashima
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Wow...that was quick.

So, for those who lurks at Japanese forums, what do they think about this 2 anime? Do they shared the same thought as us do?
Pretty much but Rakudai but the reception of the first episode of Rakudai was much better than Asterisk, even the comment section on both streams shows that point.
Kashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:15   Link #152
AdrianWernerGOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Mostly because it never was that damn similiar and never in shows that aired on the same day. It even extended to plenty of smaller details, like whole thing being based on sword fighting magical schools and the lead heroine being fire-magic user princess. It went well beyond having similiar premise. That premise was executed pretty much exactly the same in both shows.
Aside from few details here and there those episodes were bassicaly the exact same show.

No reason to get angry at people pointing out the obvious similiarities. It's not like it means anything bad for either of the shows. It was just a funny concidence and we just were able to witness a moment of anime history in the making.
AdrianWernerGOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:15   Link #153
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Erina.
Tsundere.

Seriously?
What's one of the biggest aspect of Tsundere character? That they're not honest.

Just like Erina during Soma's test or the whole deal with the shojou manga that she likes, which is very similar to Stella using the "order" as an excuse to continue being Ikki's roommate.

However, the thing about the two characters that remind me the most of each other is their funny, outlandish reactions when their tsundere-ness comes out full force.
Old 2015-10-04, 11:16   Link #154
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
Spoiler for Off Topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Wow...that was quick.

Both are pretty much in the same camp, while Rakudai reception comes from mostly novel reader influence, Asterisk was more about the flashiness from the animation.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2015-10-04 at 11:28.
Old 2015-10-04, 11:18   Link #155
larethian

Quote:
AFAIK, official translators should be given transcripts of the dialogue and don't translate by ear. Unless it's different for anime these days. So I presume it's an honest mistake or a typo.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:22   Link #156
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Which is interesting since to me Stella wasn't all that likable so far. Over the top in her tsundere that hasn't been in a long time. I'm not that big on people who ask others to commit suicide or to stop being alive to become their roommate. Not to mention the extreme hypocritical nature of him seeing her changing (even though she saw him without clothes anyways soon after) so it is fine to molest someone. Pretty sure a guy would end up in jail under that reasoning.

Mellowed down a bit at the end of the episode, but still not to a point where I'd consider her all that likable.
Old 2015-10-04, 11:22   Link #157
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Lots of comparisons between this and Asterisk, and ANN in particular going all-out saying the latter was much better, but I personally liked Rakudai more, lol.

Both feel very generic, and I'd say parts of Rakudai hit lowest 'lows', especially how some of Stella's tsundere act came across as being SO very predictable, even the words chosen by her, but at the same time I felt like they did a much better job at her characterization where it counted, making you interested in finding out why exactly she wants to prove her worth and what not. That and the lead guy is just way more entertaining here. Had a good laugh with Ikki's bold moves, trying to strip in front of the girl and calling it an accident, haha.

The biggest win for Rakudai, though, is the music. Don't get to listen to Nakagawa too often in anime these days, and as usual he's delivering quality here. The soundtrack is pretty good.

So, yeah, I'll check a few more episodes and see where it goes. I hear someone say that it gets really surprising at the end of Vol.1 too, so I'm here to see what the fuss is all about. I'll say this though – the black and white opening with the red/blood details sure didn't fit the atmosphere of the first episode. And it having an ALI PROJECT ED of all things, starting next week, also seems to fit just right with this impression.
Old 2015-10-04, 11:32   Link #158
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
AFAIK, official translators should be given transcripts of the dialogue and don't translate by ear. Unless it's different for anime these days. So I presume it's an honest mistake or a typo.
Yeah, I think subs are made from transcripts given by Japan. No one would translate from hearing for official release.

Quote:
Quote:
It's just a matter of soon or later.
I doubt this is Ikki's Engrish problem...
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:33   Link #159
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Which is interesting since to me Stella wasn't all that likable so far. Over the top in her tsundere that hasn't been in a long time. I'm not that big on people who ask others to commit suicide or to stop being alive to become their roommate. Not to mention the extreme hypocritical nature of him seeing her changing (even though she saw him without clothes anyways soon after) so it is fine to molest someone. Pretty sure a guy would end up in jail under that reasoning.

Mellowed down a bit at the end of the episode, but still not to a point where I'd consider her all that likable.
At least in Rakudai their cliche came about because the director didn't tell them about the room arrangement, but in Asterisk the Ayato was doing her a favor, and even though he explain it, even though he told her that he didn't know that was the girls dorm because he is new to to the school, and even though she said she understood, she still went ahead with the cliche duel because... Reasons? It just makes her character seem close minded IMP which lets Stella, who at least apologizes for some of her actions at the end, take come out ahead.
Old 2015-10-04, 11:36   Link #160
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Next time knock the damn door, don't just trespass someone else's room without asking >_>

Tags
action, bad-ass male character, ecchi, not-harem, romance