AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-24, 22:20   Link #1981
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Wait, what? She can?
Yeah, they've had two contests so far. She makes a custom Valk. Then people build their own custom Valks and send pictures of them to her. She chooses the one she likes best, and then you meet her in person. She gives you her Valk, and you give her yours.

Sounds fun, right?
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 22:22   Link #1982
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Yeah, they've had two contests so far. She makes a custom Valk. Then people build their own custom Valks and send pictures of them to her. She chooses the one she likes best, and then you meet her in person. She gives you her Valk, and you give her yours.

Sounds fun, right?
Wow, that actually sounds great This is the first time I actually heard of this.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 04:22   Link #1983
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

Sounds fun, right?
Is there a video for this, or even pictures? Sounds like a must see in my books.
Old 2009-10-25, 10:51   Link #1984
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is there a video for this, or even pictures? Sounds like a must see in my books.
Not that I know of...actually, I' not sure the second contest even happened, come to think of it. I know she made a second Valk model a month or two after the initial contest, so I assumed...but I really don't know.

I've never seen a video of the first one or anythng...I'll dig around and see if I can find something.
Old 2009-10-25, 10:58   Link #1985
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Here's the second Valk:
Old 2009-10-25, 11:26   Link #1986
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my, that's just what i was expecting to see. Adorable.
Old 2009-10-25, 14:24   Link #1987
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Quote:
Here's the second Valk:
wow! is so wonderful!

thank you Yot-chan

triangler_fans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 15:39   Link #1988
DeX-kun

Quote:
Here's the second Valk:
Wow, that's a lot of umm...pink Thanks for sharing that pic, although I enjoy the custom touch to the Valk, it's just not my taste Too much pink that is but I think it's cute.

Quote:
Oh my, that's just what i was expecting to see. Adorable.
Megumi? Yes, she is adorable, especially in that pic

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-25, 15:51   Link #1989
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Megumi? Yes, she is adorable, especially in that pic
I meant both Megumi and the custom Valk'.
Old 2009-10-25, 15:55   Link #1990
DeX-kun

Quote:
I meant both Megumi and the custom Valk'.
All that pink just makes me think Amu would start flying that thing

Yeah, I do think the Valk is cute but it's just way too much pink

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-25, 18:18   Link #1991
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

I'm sure Lacus Clyne would love to fly this valkyrie.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 03:15   Link #1992
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Don't you think the concert staff decides what they're going to wear? I doubt either of them have much choice in these types of things.
I'm sure they at least have some say on how they're image is being portrayed?

Otherwise, if everything she does gets blamed on the way she is marketed, I don't see how anyone could like an idol who is portraying herself under an image that has nothing to do with herself.

There is a word for it and it's called a "sellout".
I can't take Nakajima seriously at all >_____>

As for the custom valkyrie thing, I bugged around google for a bit to see what it's about:
Spoiler for too big, can't be bothered to shrink XD:

http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/2009...5-messiah.html

From the ridiculously short description on the site, it seems she 'designed' the VF and Bandai made it for her.

Also from official page:
http://bandai-hobby.net/macross/contest/vol01.html

Apparently the work process, though it doesn't seem to show Nakajima actually really doing anything ==; I'm hoping the description is more productive than the photos.
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 03:46   Link #1993
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Why would anyone be Anti-Megumi? She's pretty, she's funny, she's got a nice voice, and she can build 1/72 Bandai Messiah model kits. Sounds like the perfect wife for any devoted Macross fan.
2ch is anti-megumi because...

a) She voiced Ranka and 2ch like everywhere else is Sheryl land. Anti-Sheryl threads on 2ch as of this month = 18... Anti-Ranka threads went from 17 to 21 in the episode she left Frontier with Ai-kun and Brera.. Sheryl was at 4 at that stage.. so with one episode she outdid Sheryl's previous 19 episodes in hate posts, quite a feat... most posters disliked her treatment of Brera not to mention the obvious things.. Who knows what it's up to now.

b) They dislike her image, I know why she's doing it but I don't have to like it.

c) More than likely because she's half Filipino

Stuff like nico nico mods stoping Anti-Megumi comments on certain videos doesn't help as well..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 08:27   Link #1994
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
2ch is anti-megumi because...

a) She voiced Ranka and 2ch like everywhere else is Sheryl land. Anti-Sheryl threads on 2ch as of this month = 18... Anti-Ranka threads went from 17 to 21 in the episode she left Frontier with Ai-kun and Brera.. Sheryl was at 4 at that stage.. so with one episode she outdid Sheryl's previous 19 episodes in hate posts, quite a feat... most posters disliked her treatment of Brera not to mention the obvious things.. Who knows what it's up to now.
Well, that's silly. It's like people who believe actors make up their own lines. "Grrr...I don't like Darth Vader, so I'm gonna say David Prowse and James Earl Jones are both JERKS!" Silly.

Quote:
b) They dislike her image, I know why she's doing it but I don't have to like it.
Fair enough.

Quote:
c) More than likely because she's half Filipino
I hope you're wrong about that...but you're probably not. *sigh*

Quote:
Stuff like nico nico mods stoping Anti-Megumi comments on certain videos doesn't help as well..
Videos...? I thought it was only "Be Myself" (which is, admittedly, a terrible song. Her non-Macross F stuff has been...lacking, I think. But I think the same is true for May'n).
Old 2009-10-26, 10:19   Link #1995
wisteria233

Quote:

Videos...? I thought it was only "Be Myself" (which is, admittedly, a terrible song. Her non-Macross F stuff has been...lacking, I think. But I think the same is true for May'n).
Hey I actually like May'n songs outside of the stuff she did in Macross this one is one of my favorite non-Macross songs. The only thing I had a problem with was that it sounds so different from the songs she sang in Macross, but it isn't a bad song. Like I said before Megumi should really just stop trying to act cute, it doesn't really work for her voice and really limits her in terms of what she can do. Though I still think the fact that Megumi basically sings in monotone has something to do with it.

P.S. I heard somewhere that Megumi bashing got so bad that it extended beyond her be myself video.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 10:29   Link #1996
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Hn, really?
I thought her OP for Shangri-La ("Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlxB799XGRo) was really good o.o
"Miracle upper WL" with Masami (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwYqihHpcE) was really uber too o_O;

Also I think with her post-MF album a lot of the songs was like my first impressions of "Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late". Originally i wasn't too fond of it, but it sort of got better the more I listened to it?

Like the earlier and main body of "Why" (I thought the ending started to drag and finally ended abruptly X'D I can see what she was trying to do but it just didn't really work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USViv0mh8Pk ignore the retarded stage dance looool). "Blue" was very pretty too >___< (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwearMrL9hA).
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 10:32   Link #1997
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

What ippus said.

Not bashing Mamegu, per se, but I really don't care for her stuff post-MF (and not even most of her songs were to my liking, even then). But hey, she's still young. Hopefully, she'll get better. Her concert outfits, tho, need improvement ASAP.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 16:58   Link #1998
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Hey I actually like May'n songs outside of the stuff she did in Macross this one is one of my favorite non-Macross songs. The only thing I had a problem with was that it sounds so different from the songs she sang in Macross, but it isn't a bad song. Like I said before Megumi should really just stop trying to act cute, it doesn't really work for her voice and really limits her in terms of what she can do. Though I still think the fact that Megumi basically sings in monotone has something to do with it.

P.S. I heard somewhere that Megumi bashing got so bad that it extended beyond her be myself video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
Hn, really?
I thought her OP for Shangri-La ("Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlxB799XGRo) was really good o.o
"Miracle upper WL" with Masami (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwYqihHpcE) was really uber too o_O;

Also I think with her post-MF album a lot of the songs was like my first impressions of "Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late". Originally i wasn't too fond of it, but it sort of got better the more I listened to it?

Like the earlier and main body of "Why" (I thought the ending started to drag and finally ended abruptly X'D I can see what she was trying to do but it just didn't really work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USViv0mh8Pk ignore the retarded stage dance looool). "Blue" was very pretty too >___< (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwearMrL9hA).
I hope I didn't come off as saying May'n non-MF music is bad...I'm just not terribly fond of the R&B style of either May'n Street or her early singles. I tend to like rock/pop more, so it's not much of a surprise that stuff like "Northern Cross" or "Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't be late" grab me more than, say, "Sympathy" or "Kiss o Choudai." And I do like some of her stuff...the Shangri-La opening being one of them.

For Megumi, I like "Nostalgia" and I even like her cover of "Tenshi no Engoku."

But that's just my taste, and the way I roll. I think both girls are "good" in that they're talented vocalists and performers. I just don't like everything they do.

By the way, wisteria233, where is that song from? I thought I had all of May'n's music, but I've never heard that one before... And I like it!
Old 2009-10-26, 18:44   Link #1999
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I listened to the live full version of Sou Da Yo from the MacF comm at LJ, and I know how people have been gushing at how it's better than Ao no Ether....but I have to say in my honest opinion that it doesn't even come close to Ao no Ether. =_="
Hmmm....maybe it'll be different in the recorded version, we'll see...
Old 2009-10-26, 18:46   Link #2000
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
I listened to the live full version of Sou Da Yo from the MacF comm at LJ, and I know how people have been gushing at how it's better than Ao no Ether....but I have to say in my honest opinion that it doesn't even come close to Ao no Ether. =_="
Hmmm....maybe it'll be different in the recorded version, we'll see...
Any chance you can point me in the direction of the live full version of Sou Da Yo? I want to take a listen.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Tags
music