AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-08, 23:40   Link #5541
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
here's the beta version write-up of your heroine from Nanoha SlayerS. Now tell me what you think so I can get some revisions done.
Can't say much about the rest, but you have a timing problem here.

Quote:
However in MC 030 the TSA High Council began setting in motion plans to ensure the long-term survival of the TSAB at the cost of the ideals the bureau was founded upon.
the Council allowed the birth of the second of their "pet scientists" of the Scaglietti Brood, an individual who would become infamous in the scientific community as Dr. Leon Ralzic,
Ralzic quickly became aware of the work of Dr. Jail Scaglietti during his time in exile and contacted him.
So far, all we have on Scaglietti's work is that he made his breakthrough in roughly MC0050 (25 years before 0075). That's 20 years after the date you mentioned. But then, you didn't mentioned when this Dr. Ralzic started working, so you have some wiggle room there. Do take these into account when you revise, ok?

One other point, you set Iris' age as 11, this is as of when?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 00:04   Link #5542
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
So far, all we have on Scaglietti's work is that he made his breakthrough in roughly MC0050 (25 years before 0075). That's 20 years after the date you mentioned. But then, you didn't mentioned when this Dr. Ralzic started working, so you have some wiggle room there. Do take these into account when you revise, ok?
Righto.

Quote:
One other point, you set Iris' age as 11, this is as of when?
...crud. I forgot to move her birth year forward a few years when I deaged her. She was originally 14 as of MC 065, now she's supposed to be 11 as of the same year. Good eye.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 03:43   Link #5543
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Reading through the backlog, not allot that concerned me really maybe I post later, but I did blunder across this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Same goes for all the hawkish elements of Outer Cadia.
Glances around suspiciously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

... You just reminded me that I still haven't bought that game[Dawn of War II]...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I was reminded this afternoon that I haven't bought the game, and I haven't gotten a job to pay for the com I'm using due to the bad economy...
All I can say is if you haven't done so yet GET IT NAO! It's epic:

Ever wonder how many Space Marines it takes to stop a few billion Nids? Answer: About a dozen; because they're just THAT badass.

Halo wars wasn't bad either...
Spoiler for Spoiler:

On that totally OT note back to the ether I go...

Last edited by Tk3997; 2009-03-09 at 04:47.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 04:36   Link #5544
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*stares at empty wallet*

Why now!

Also, I've put a temporary plug on the Syn/Vivio/Laguna fic I've been writing and joined Tk in his hideout. Considering I am writing them when they are twelve, and there is an incoming manga that takes place in the exact same time, I'm waiting for delicious canon source before I carry on.

Working on some Alistina stuff instead.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 04:59   Link #5545
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
*stares at empty wallet*

Why now!
I've been specifically saving up for this time period since Christmas since a bunch of stuff I wanted was dropping. DoWII, FEAR 2, Halo Wars, EndWar on PC, HAWX in like two days. It's been a fun two or so weeks for me in gaming.

Quote:
Also, I've put a temporary plug on the Syn/Vivio/Laguna fic I've been writing and joined Tk in his hideout. Considering I am writing them when they are twelve, and there is an incoming manga that takes place in the exact same time, I'm waiting for delicious canon source before I carry on.

Working on some Alistina stuff instead.
I'm in my hideout due more to lack of time and laziness then fear of the Ion Canon. My stuff is set like a year or so post strikers and wraps up within a few months. (SSX was a bigger threat, but having had some time to review I haven't seen much of anything that screwed me really.) So if Nanoha is 25 in this, I have very little to worry about, aside from possibly having new ideas for the future stuck in my head.

My other on again off again sometimes project right now is Felix/Pixy/Chiper/Alan backstory stuff set ten years BEFORE Strikers and without a CC in sight so that's safe too. Skirting canon rather then diving into or screwing it over has it's upsides.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 06:19   Link #5546
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Reasons matter not. your hideout is snug, hidden, and filled with games. I'm comfortable here. :3 As for writing, to each his own. I prefer diving into canon, but I have my backups to fall back to. Alistina is set several centuries before StrikerS, so unless Nanoha starts to dive into the Ancient Belka period, that's pretty much safe.
Old 2009-03-09, 20:05   Link #5547
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
And here's another little snippet in my Riot Force 6 storyline

Rue centric.

*pokes EvaXGouki* I think you might find this amusing :3

Spoiler for MGLN Riot Force 6: Rue's Day out:
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 22:57   Link #5548
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Heeeey Keroko.

I have a bunch of shorts that involve your OC, and I'm asking permission if I can pair Keroko up with a certain male character.
It is now my goal to make NolandxKeroko official OC pair <_< >_> :3
I'd PM this, but it seems you don't respond to them :P

In return, I give thee...

Spoiler for a present:
Old 2009-03-09, 23:03   Link #5549
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
FFS I didn't say you could do that.
You have to get my permission to give gifts to Kerokero.

...I mean- what?
Old 2009-03-10, 00:17   Link #5550
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Ohoho, that wouldn't be jealousy, now would it~?

*runs and hides*
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 01:00   Link #5551
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
U-Urusai...

*blushes*
Old 2009-03-10, 01:38   Link #5552
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Oioioioioioioioi...!

Do you think a good person like Keroko who swayed by such simple gestures?

Still at it Tempy? Should've been faster. XD
Old 2009-03-10, 02:45   Link #5553
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Heeeey Keroko.

I have a bunch of shorts that involve your OC, and I'm asking permission if I can pair Keroko up with a certain male character.
It is now my goal to make NolandxKeroko official OC pair <_< >_> :3
I'd PM this, but it seems you don't respond to them :P

In return, I give thee...

Spoiler for a present:
I respond to messages I receive. If you don't send me a message, then of course I can't reply.

But you know my stance on this: Keroko is free to be used by anyone.

Also, delicious gift is delicious.
Old 2009-03-10, 02:50   Link #5554
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Kaaay~

IRC was all "get Keroko's permission first!" even though I said "but sh--HE said I could!"

/me shrug.

But now, shenanigans! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember I had sent two PMs at one point, neither of them responded to. I was saddened that I got no response... It was regarding Selvaria, and my use of her in Gospel.

Oh well. It wasn't a big deal anyways.

EDIT: My mistake -- it was just one PM lost.
Old 2009-03-10, 03:00   Link #5555
Aaron008R

*sighs and nudges Keroko*

It's difficult being popular, huh?;p

Oh, and BTW. I also got questions to ask about Keroko-chan.
  1. How many cartridges can Artherion hold by StrikerS?
  2. Does Artherion has an alternative hi-performance mode like Raising Heart's Exceed mode in StrikerS?
  3. Does Keroko-chan's Barrier Jacket stay the same in any mode outside of Etherial form (StrikerS)?

I'm still writing, if only at a snail's pace right now. I'd appreciate the info since I do have scenarios of her in battle for my fics as well. Thanks in advance!

@OCT: I'll do commenting on works a bit later. I'm a little too busy still right now.

*pats Cadia Zwei on the head before leaving*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 03:18   Link #5556
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

1. 5, all set in a clip. When Artherion runs out of cartridges, the empty clip is ejected with a loud 'ping!' The upside of this is that it allows for really fast reloading. the downside is that there is no mid-battle quick reload, as it would take more time to fit in a few cartridges in the clip then simply replacing the clip altogether. Smart enemies may also realize that the ping is a clear sign she's out of ammo (something Tesla was the first to take advantage off).
2. No. Ethereal form is his highest performance mode. Much time has been spend trying to improve on it in order to make Ethereal Mode safer to use, but only marginal success has been made.
3. Yes, though she did change Barrier Jackets between A's and StrikerS. If I were to pin-point an example of her pre-StrikerS jacket... it would have been akin to a Keroko-colored Aggressor Mode. Short skirt, no armor plates, more magical girl-like. After she switched to Interceptor Mode, she never looked back.

And Tempy? Selvaria isn't exactly my character to begin with, so by all means, feel free to use her.
Old 2009-03-10, 03:20   Link #5557
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ne, can I make up some Artherion fluff? The Black Dragon name and the "Keroko & Aspect Mage" arc of StrikerS has been gaining much in development.
Old 2009-03-10, 03:22   Link #5558
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Artherion fluff? What exactly did you have in mind?
Old 2009-03-10, 03:34   Link #5559
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
1. 5, all set in a clip. When Artherion runs out of cartridges, the empty clip is ejected with a loud 'ping!' The upside of this is that it allows for really fast reloading. the downside is that there is no mid-battle quick reload, as it would take more time to fit in a few cartridges in the clip then simply replacing the clip altogether. Smart enemies may also realize that the ping is a clear sign she's out of ammo (something Tesla was the first to take advantage off).
M1 Garand! Me favorite rifle of WWII. Heh, it does give me a smile to see this sort of feature used.

Quote:
And Tempy? Selvaria isn't exactly my character to begin with, so by all means, feel free to use her.
Oh I know that. And playing through Valkyria Chronicles only gave me more and more inspiration for her. Also, hatred for the Ruhm. Goddamn that thing is scary. The PM was more of "would YOU like to know more of what I'm doing?"
Old 2009-03-10, 03:36   Link #5560
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Going through Dragonblight and questing around the Burning Steppes on my DK all over again refreshed my memory of the black reptiles and I felt I was finally ready to work on something appropiate. I'm still beating things out though, and I still have to compare with the source material lest I run off on a tangent again.

It's mainly about the link between Keroko and Artherion of Black Reach. (Sorry I have to be a bit cryptic in this stage.)

I anticipate a explosion of VC stuff as next season sees it debut as an anime.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content