AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-22, 13:54   Link #101
ZeroForever

as the game comes out next week in the US i'm necroing this thread.

side note - tommorrow there's a launch event in NYC at the nintendo store.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/b...launch_event!_
Old 2010-01-22, 14:25   Link #102
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Too bad , its only on Wii .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 18:34   Link #103
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Too bad , its only on Wii .
Get use to it, it's only just beginning
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 19:02   Link #104
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Read a news that Ryota Niitsuma (Capcom) want to make more "Versus" series like Marvel vs Capcom 2 and that he want to work with many societies ...

So , maybe he'll announce Marvel vs Capcom 3 or a new Snk vs Capcom etc ...
Old 2010-01-22, 19:07   Link #105
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well I'm not just talking about this game. I'm talking about all the tasty exclusives that are in the pipeline for the Wii.
Old 2010-01-22, 19:32   Link #106
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Every consoles get his own exclusives games
Old 2010-01-22, 19:41   Link #107
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Every consoles get his own exclusives games
Then maybe we won't hear anymore complaints about the Wii exclusives anymore? But I won't hold my breathe.
Old 2010-01-22, 19:58   Link #108
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Arg that was fast seems that someone was flaming right now cuz i said "Too bad , it's only on wii" then thinks it was a complaints ...
Damn , thoses war with Pro-wii , Pro-sony , Pro-microsoft won't stop ...
Sorry if i hurt you with thoses misunderstanding words now it's alright
Old 2010-01-22, 20:03   Link #109
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Get use to it, it's only just beginning
This is pretty much Capcom throwing the Wii a bone more than anything else.. to paraphrase.. the Wii needed a fighting game. I think this is going to me more closer to Capcom Fighting Jam than Street Fighter IV in terms of success..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 20:25   Link #110
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
This is pretty much Capcom throwing the Wii a bone more than anything else.. to paraphrase.. the Wii needed a fighting game. I think this is going to me more closer to Capcom Fighting Jam than Street Fighter IV in terms of success..
Too bad, since Tatsunoko is a nice game... And just the fact that it exists makes me think about a vs game with other chars, like Gainax x Capcom or something like that.

Well, i played the original one and i think i will get this one, but it's not a priority. Too bad there's no Phoenix Wright in the game. I would buy on day -1...
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 20:33   Link #111
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Capcom is a business. If they thought they could've made more money making it for PS3 or Xbox 360 or PC, they would have. Companies don't "throw bones" as if they're a charity (unless it's to boost their public image). Capcom made the game for the Wii to make money.

There are two main reasons why a game becomes an exclusive:
1) It makes more financial sense not to port the game to another system.

2) It is only technically feasible on a particular system.
Old 2010-01-22, 20:39   Link #112
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. Capcom is a business. If they thought they could've made more money making it for PS3 or Xbox 360 or PC, they would have. Companies don't "throw bones" as if they're a charity (unless it's to boost their public image). Capcom made the game for the Wii to make money.

There are two main reasons why a game becomes an exclusive:
1) It makes more financial sense not to port the game to another system.

2) It is only technically feasible on a particular system.
From a Q&A with Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars producer Ryota Niitsuma.

Quote:
-The reason why Capcom selected the Wii as the game's platform is that Capcom makes games for all systems. They wanted to make a fighting game for the Wii since the platform has no fighting games. The "vs" style of game was selected because it fits with the Wii's style of game; flashy and fun where multiple people can play together.
TvC sold pretty poorly in Japan, and as for American and the rest of the western world, to be it bluntly, "Who the f are Tatsuinoko?" It might be the spiritual successor to Marvel but it lacks the brand name to suceed here, even in Japan where some Tatsunoko characters are actually known by a people this performed poorly.

Capcom would've sold more copies of this on Ps3/360 by far. Your two reasons are laughable since this can easily work on those systems and most fighting game fans are on the HD Consoles, SC 4 and SF4 selling over 2 million easily worldwide shows that... massive sales on XBL and PSN for SF2 HD Remix and MvC2 show that.

I have a Wii still sitting in its box for the last month, I'll love to play this game but I'm not going to buy an arcade stick for the Wii for the single online fighting game of note on the system so I might as well give it a pass. Train more for SSF4's release in April/May and Blazblu comes out soon in PAL territories so I'll be getting back into that.

Also it seems you don't know what throw a bone means, if I'm running a company and I have say two teams, and one is considered the A team and they solely make games for the HD consoles only... while the B team does PSP/DS/Wii... when my B team releases a Wii game.. that's throwing them a Bone.. of course I still intend to make money on it.. but my best team, my resources.. the "meat" are focused elsewhere.
Old 2010-01-22, 21:18   Link #113
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I can agree with Westlo , a few people know what is Tatsunoko .
"it make more financial sense" i didn't see it yet for this game .
Well , maybe Capcom just wanted to make this serie only for Wii cuz there weren't any battle game like it ( Don't count smash bross melee ) so they wanted to please Wii's gamers.
Read a review which rated it 17/20 btw
Old 2010-01-22, 21:37   Link #114
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Did it really sell poorly in Japan? that's such a surprise... got links for the numbers? The game is so well done, I have a friend who got the jpn version and its sooo much fun and looks amazing.
Old 2010-01-23, 00:03   Link #115
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshottrigun View Post
This should be awesome for the Wii, even better if Capcom adds online play.
I can't wait to play as Casshern!
Casshern and Karas for me. Watching videos of the game online actually made me want to go and watch Karas and boy is that show pretty. It's one of those once in a lifetime affairs like Last Exile Tatsunoko was celebrating it's 40th anniversary and so they just splurged on creating this 6 episode OVA with ultra photorealistic backgrounds and well choreagraphed fight scenes. The game also does it some good justice which is nice.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 00:10   Link #116
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
From a Q&A with Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars producer Ryota Niitsuma.

TvC sold pretty poorly in Japan, and as for American and the rest of the western world, to be it bluntly, "Who the f are Tatsuinoko?" It might be the spiritual successor to Marvel but it lacks the brand name to suceed here, even in Japan where some Tatsunoko characters are actually known by a people this performed poorly.

Capcom would've sold more copies of this on Ps3/360 by far. Your two reasons are laughable since this can easily work on those systems and most fighting game fans are on the HD Consoles, SC 4 and SF4 selling over 2 million easily worldwide shows that... massive sales on XBL and PSN for SF2 HD Remix and MvC2 show that.

I have a Wii still sitting in its box for the last month, I'll love to play this game but I'm not going to buy an arcade stick for the Wii for the single online fighting game of note on the system so I might as well give it a pass. Train more for SSF4's release in April/May and Blazblu comes out soon in PAL territories so I'll be getting back into that.

Also it seems you don't know what throw a bone means, if I'm running a company and I have say two teams, and one is considered the A team and they solely make games for the HD consoles only... while the B team does PSP/DS/Wii... when my B team releases a Wii game.. that's throwing them a Bone.. of course I still intend to make money on it.. but my best team, my resources.. the "meat" are focused elsewhere.
On what are you basing that it would've sold more on PS3 and XBox? What's your definition of poor? 100K copies plus arcade revenue is poor? A lot of games don't ever hit that number of sales. Hell, Guilty Gear Accent Core on the PS2 sold less than half that number in Japan. Marvel vs Capcom 2 only sold 130K copies on PS2 as well in Japan (about 140K for the DC) (figures courtesy of vgchartz). Ryota Niitsuma also said that if the game sold well, they'd consider a sequel, well I guess we can figure out that since there is a sequel, the game did pretty well. TvC sales in Japan have been comparable to BB (after combining sales on both systems), and are nearly half of those for SF4. Most of the sales of those games have been in the West, where, as you mentioned, TvC does not have anywhere near the appeal.

Whether or not it can work on a PS3 or 360 is besides the point. The question is whether or not they would recoup the money they would have to pay to develop the port as well as cover the lost cost from developing other games for those systems. Both of those systems have much smaller bases to draw from in Japan, so it is uncertain whether they would have outsold the Wii. This is covered by reason 1.

As far as the meaning of throwing a bone, I fully understand the meaning. It's not what you think it is. It generally means to appease someone by offering them something but generally in a condescending manner. Capcom is not throwing a bone to Nintendo here. They've made a business decision to make this game on the Wii (probably motivated by the base they hope to sell the game to, and due to the resources available to them to develop for the various consoles). There's a lot missing from what Niitsuma said to blindly assume that they made the game because it fits the Wii's style. MvC2 was flashy and fun for multiple people, yet still came out on the more "hardcore" systems of the 360, original XBox, PS2 and DC. There is no information on what resources internally to the company were available when they decided to make that game (it could be that the best available developers were better at Wii programming, you don't know). It would've been idiotic to make the game solely for the Wii if it could've sold better on another console.

As for the sales of MvC2 and HD remix, those games sell for a lot less than a standard game like TvC. A $10-15 game is a lot easier to justify to buy than a $40-50 game.
Old 2010-01-23, 00:22   Link #117
Westlo
Lets be reality

It didn't sell 100,000 copies, it sold 24,000 copies in its first week and fell of the charts after that asap. Lol @ using Vgcharts, that site is rubbish, quoting from that gets you banned on Neogaf, for good reason. For a game that came out near Christmas that's poor.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345823

Media Create Sales: 12/08 - 12/14 #1

16. [WII] Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes (Capcom) 24,100 / NEW

Quickly looking at wiki...

"As of June 2009, Cross Generation of Heroes has sold 41,672 units in Japan". (# ^ "Nintendo Wii Japanese Ranking". Japan Game Charts. 2009-06-24. http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/wii.php. Retrieved 2009-07-01.)

If you seriously think that TvC wouldn't have done better on the Ps3 (not factoring in the 360) you're insane. And what the hell does arcade revenues have to do with how well it sold on the Wii? That's totally irrelevant.

Quote:
It generally means to appease someone by offering them something but generally in a condescending manner. Capcom is not throwing a bone to Nintendo here.
Why don't you go compare what Capcom has given the 360/ps3 and what they have given the Wii. And no throwing a bone doesn't have to be in a condescending manner lol.

Also lol @ the ps2 being hardcore, lol. Just because it didn't get old people in their nursing homes playing Wii Sports (and keep in mind this is the only game they got lol!) doesn't mean it was hardcore. Ps2 was a mainstream console (look at all the shovelware) with the support of the companies pushing out hardcore games, something the Wii will never know.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-01-23 at 00:43.
Old 2010-01-23, 01:08   Link #118
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Btw, TvC does have online play, just thought I throw that out there for those that don't know.
Old 2010-01-23, 08:59   Link #119
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
If you seriously think that TvC wouldn't have done better on the Ps3 (not factoring in the 360) you're insane. And what the hell does arcade revenues have to do with how well it sold on the Wii? That's totally irrelevant.
I don't know. Quoting the same site, Blazblue sold almost the same ammount of copies http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/ps3.php

Tatsunoko got the brand Capcom on it, but both of them were new franchises starting and both of them got similar results.

Not that i think it wouldn't sell better, but i don't think it would be much more...
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 10:55   Link #120
TCman

Well, I have imported the Japanese version of TvC (first version), and it's really good, especially you like the Marvel vs Capcom games (I have MvC1 for the Dreamcast; still one of the best fighters out there, I think it's even better than MvC 2). For me TvC feels more closer to the older fighting games from Capcom; I actually like the design and fighting/combo system in TvC than SF4 with the Ultra combos where they change cameras and zoom in or out which is very annoying since they really make me lost focus while fighting the opponent. For me I prefer functionality over eye-candies.

As for TvC doing it poorly in terms of sells, well, I think fighting games never sell that much anymore like the old days of Tekken 1 or 2. So I think TvC did it quite okay for a game which combined the Tatsunoko brand and adding the year 1970/80's characters which may be even not known by the teen gamers of today. Capcom should combine the game with Shounen Jump characters like the ones in One Piece, Naruto, Gintama etc., that would make the game sell better (at least that's what I think).
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote