Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-08, 07:52   Link #121
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Boa's been a Shichibukai for presumably 10+ years (she became world famous somewhere around the age of 16 (after she escaped from Tenryubito slavery - 13 years pre current story), and then became a Shichibukai sometime after that, but still probably 10 or so years); Ace was only offered the position 2-4 years (pre-current story). So, it is still unknown who Ace was going to replace or who took up the position instead of Ace (Oda's ages for all the Shichibukai make it hard to predict when they became Shichibukai).
You sure like to use those parentheshis....
Old 2010-06-08, 14:03   Link #122
Jaieni

Quote:
Boa's been a Shichibukai for presumably 10+ years (she became world famous somewhere around the age of 16 (after she escaped from Tenryubito slavery - 13 years pre current story), and then became a Shichibukai sometime after that, but still probably 10 or so years); Ace was only offered the position 2-4 years (pre-current story). So, it is still unknown who Ace was going to replace or who took up the position instead of Ace (Oda's ages for all the Shichibukai make it hard to predict when they became Shichibukai).
She would have no reason to take the position until the gov't acquired the ships that let them travel the calm belt though. Her only reason for becoming Shichibukai was to keep the WG out of Amazon Lily (AL); we can see this when the old lady is bugging her to listen to the summons. So until the ships were available there was no threat to AL and it wouldn't make sense for the pirates to align themselves with the WG. And from the way the special ships were introduced it seemed like they were a recent development of the good doctor.
Old 2010-06-08, 16:02   Link #123
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
You sure like to use those parentheshis....
I figure a sentence is only as good as the number of apostrophizes and parentheses that can be added and still be coherent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
She would have no reason to take the position until the gov't acquired the ships that let them travel the calm belt though. Her only reason for becoming Shichibukai was to keep the WG out of Amazon Lily (AL); we can see this when the old lady is bugging her to listen to the summons. So until the ships were available there was no threat to AL and it wouldn't make sense for the pirates to align themselves with the WG. And from the way the special ships were introduced it seemed like they were a recent development of the good doctor.
Chapter 522, page 6, confirms that the WG offered Boa the position of Shichibukai 11 years previous to the current events (she escaped from slavery 13 years ago). True the translations does not specifically say that she accepted the position 11 years ago, but there is no evidence to assume that she didn't accept then either...
Old 2010-06-08, 16:41   Link #124
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Maybe the most recent Shichibukai is Moria. I don't recall any information being given on him, but the trauma, from his crew being annihilated by Kaidou, seems recent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Out of 50 matches against Sabo, Ace had 26 wins and 24 losses.
Thanks. I'm thinking, if Sabo was alive... wouldn't Ace know?
Old 2010-06-08, 17:58   Link #125
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Maybe the most recent Shichibukai is Moria. I don't recall any information being given on him, but the trauma, from his crew being annihilated by Kaidou, seems recent.
No, i think brook stated that he lost his shadow on thriller bark about 5 or so years before he met Luffy... this would make it so that moria's been on thriller bark for atleast the past 5 years (though i vaguely recall it being said to be about 10 years) thus likely joining the shichibukai no later than that
Old 2010-06-08, 18:07   Link #126
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Is there no chapter this week?
Old 2010-06-08, 18:12   Link #127
Jaieni

Quote:
I figure a sentence is only as good as the number of apostrophizes and parentheses that can be added and still be coherent...

Chapter 522, page 6, confirms that the WG offered Boa the position of Shichibukai 11 years previous to the current events (she escaped from slavery 13 years ago). True the translations does not specifically say that she accepted the position 11 years ago, but there is no evidence to assume that she didn't accept then either...
It said she campaigned 11 years prior to the story and was offered the position "cautiously" afterward so most likely she has been a Shichibukai for 10 years.

It may have been Crocodile that was the recent addition. I cant' find the exact date he started BW but it would make sense if he were to try to get the title to cover his tracks more easily (though I still have doubts it was him).
Old 2010-06-08, 18:20   Link #128
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post

As I said a couple of pages back, Moria's been stationed in the Florian Triangle for at least ten years because that's how long Hogback's been working for him. We already know that he started forming his zombie army after he lost to Kaidou, so we can at least assume that he was still an active pirate during that time. If Moria's been a Shichibukai for at least over a decade, I think that can hardly be called "recent".

Also, it may not be much, but I think we got another hint about the length of Moria's stint as one of the seven from Doflamingo. Before he (presumably) assassinates him, he accuses Moria of "becoming too weak" to bear the title any longer. Indeed, when he fought Luffy at Thriller Bark, Moria specifically tells him that he wasn't always a lazy slob and used to rely on his own strength. However, after he started amassing his zombie army, he chose to let his flunkies do all the work while he got more lethargic (though no less dangerous!). From that we can assume that he became a Shichibukai when he was still at the height of his physical abilities (which, again, would have been at least a decade ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Is there no chapter this week?

Yes, there's a chapter this week. In fact, the spoilers for THIS chapter even confirmed that the upcoming chapter will have a color spread, so it's all good! Some info should appear by later tonight (or at least by tomorrow morning).....
Old 2010-06-09, 00:46   Link #129
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
It may have been Crocodile that was the recent addition. I cant' find the exact date he started BW but it would make sense if he were to try to get the title to cover his tracks more easily (though I still have doubts it was him).
Well that doesn't really tell us WHEN he would have become a Shichibukai.

Frankaly i would imagine that he would been a member for a long time... With his low bounty, i would guess that he would have joined SOON after he made a name for himself, similar to Boa or the offer Ace got. And given Croc's age that might have been a LONG time ago... Becoming a Shichibukai would have gotten the marines and bounty hunters off his back and given him the freedom to search for clues to where pluton is; eventually narrowing down his search to Alabasta

but then again, it probably wasn't THAT soon... he was afterall likely a pirate long enough to get out to the new world where he would have a bad run in with Whitebeard... the pluton plan came after that i would guess.
Old 2010-06-09, 00:56   Link #130
james0246

No One Piece next week (there will be one this week)...
Old 2010-06-09, 01:47   Link #131
marvelB

^Yep, no chapter next week, all right. But in the meantime, we can talk about this week's chapter in the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But the fact, that he was on TB for ten years doesn't mean, that he has been a Shichibukai during all this time, does it?
He could have started his "business" ten years ago without beeing Shichibukai and when the WG noticed, that there is someone getting rid of pirates, they made him one afterwards (=recently).

If that were the case, how would the government know how to approach him in such a remote area where several ships get lost a year? If he's been stationed there for that long, wouldn't it make more sense if he already had the position by the time he decided to make the area his base of operations? Maybe Kuma would have an easier time tracking the place down with his paw-paw abilities, but I don't think it would be as simple a task for the rest of the government workers.....
Old 2010-06-09, 02:58   Link #132
Homura7

Spoiler for spoiler:
Closed Thread