AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-15, 17:22   Link #2201
Twi

I'm not using the video reviews for that one. I'm going off my own interpretation.

Blue Knight, I never said she had always been part of her plan. I said she tried to kill him because he was actively hindering her at that moment. Here's my quote:

Quote:
Then came Episode 12. Zero Two's reckless reaches its highest point and she won't explain anything. She lashes out at mirrors and things that showcase that she's becoming less human, Hiro mistakes his confession to be something involving her body, and then states he's being fodder for her. Then that final battle happens and when Hiro tries to restrain her, that's when the representation of her turning red and putting her hand around his throat manifest and she talks about him giving her life so she can be human.
And these are the images I'm referring to:
Images
Parts of Episode 12
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I've put it as best I can. If you can't understand my point its fine. Don't worry about it.
Old 2018-04-15, 17:38   Link #2202
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I'm not using the video reviews for that one. I'm going off my own interpretation.

Blue Knight, I never said she had always been part of her plan. I said she tried to kill him because he was actively hindering her at that moment. Here's my quote:

And these are the images I'm referring to:
Images
Parts of Episode 12
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I've put it as best I can. If you can't understand my point its fine. Don't worry about it.
yeah and it was clear on that moment which she was "out of control" as you even told which means she was totally irrational and she could really had killed him but not "because she really wanted" but because she was not being herself anymore at this moment.

to be clear i'm not trying to defend her and say what she did was right, it obvious not was, but it was due to that moment of being unstable which was something out of her control.
Old 2018-04-15, 17:41   Link #2203
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
It's time like these I really wish Goro would assert his position as the other half of the team leader pair a little bit more.

Literally this whole episode could have been avoided had he calmed Ichigo down or spoke up sooner.

Unfortunately, Goro's too passive when dealing with her, he might as well have been screaming "everyone calm the fuck down" with the expressions he was wearing this episode.
Yeah, there were one or two situations where I wished Goro would have stomped the ground or hit the wall and shouted "SHUT THE FUCK UP, BOTH OF YOU!" instead of being always so gentle and emphatic and trying to harmonize everyone. Like you can't harmonize two people who one hate the other one and the other one doesn't care about the other one at all. Just step in-between and try get both a clear head. Like fuck, nobody was clear-headed in this episode. It was watching headless chicken running in a maze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
If anything this episode resulted in the birth of the small, but growing Goro/Ikuno ship.
Expect Ikuno also wants the strawberry. Hell, after this episode IkunoxIchigo has a higher chance of happening than GoroxIchigo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
But this is better for Ichigo. Ichigo had 0 chance while 02 was there, especially considering now that Hiro and 02 realize that they even liked each other when they were just smol children. Having the opportunity to maybe get them away from each other and try to fill some void is a lot better than if 02 was still there where she would be able to do, well, not much. Sure, maybe ichigo will realize that Hiro is suffering a lot more considering Hiro couldn't even get any closure to the new questions he had but now her chances went from like 0% to 1%. Considering Hiro doesn't seem to be confident enough to clearly reject her, there's hope for ichigo.

Gobro doesn't deserve all this. Just look at him smile and then walk away as Ichigo kisses Hiro. The show did him dirty.
Yeah, this show is all about Gobro getting the stick repeatedly hit over his face. And I can still see him support both Ichigo and Hiro though differently as in telling Hiro to man up and be honest with Ihigo and with Ichigo to hurry up and mature and accept she cannot have Hiro if he doesn't want to be hers. And ofc he would still step back in case both decide to try it out. Being Gobro fan is suffering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well maybe when finally hiro reject ichigo for god sake and she finally stop to be a broken third wheel he finally get his real chance.
Yeah, not happening, I have a feeling even a rejection won't stop Ichigo. It might stop her from trying to be his romantic interest but she will surely do everything to stop Hiro from ever seeing Zero Two again even if he hates her and we all know Hiro is unable to hate anybody. I'm not even sure this guy is able to reject Ichigo's confession because he is afraid to hurt her.

What pisses me off about this episode is that we had a deja vu, we had this whole situation of people keeping Hiro from Zero Two, we had this whole Ichigo confession (though this times in both kisses and words than just kiss and rage-quit), we had this whole "how about you guys fucking talk first for real instead of doing stupid shit" situation and we just repeated it after such an awesome episode last time that gave so much information and closure and hope that there would be development and instead it was all a giant show of recession. God damn it!
Old 2018-04-15, 17:46   Link #2204
Blueknight78

and to be fair it was also his fault if him had did what she told and not keep talking and waited until she calm down this could not had happened but he was forcing her during the time she was in that crap state then you get what you asked.
Old 2018-04-15, 17:50   Link #2205
KPSJ

There is no reason to be mad at ichigo only reason people are pissed is because she ruined the "healing" people wanted. We knew for a long time ichigo loves hiro now she finally got it off her chest... and the first 30 secs of episode one showed us hiro and Eo To will be together walking though cherry blooms trees. All this drama is just filler
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 17:53   Link #2206
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
There is no reason to be mad at ichigo only reason people are pissed is because she ruined the "healing" people wanted. We knew for a long time ichigo loves hiro now she finally got it off her chest... and the first 30 secs of episode one showed us hiro and Eo To will be together walking though cherry blooms trees. All this drama is just filler
i feel the same, again if i had to blame someone here will be the nine alpha which played with ichigo feelings to does all the trouble.

Also a little hiro because if him had did nothing during that time when she was berseker she could not had tried to kill him.

we had just a funny drama and it's really funny see peoples fighting over ship and some peoples like @wuhugm putting more fire on the war , i'm really laughting a lot reading the forum and peoples rage.
Old 2018-04-15, 17:57   Link #2207
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
+1 to this

Hiro will be forced to choose between staying human or becoming monster

Becoming monster might mean abandoning all his friends and I don't think he's such a person.

In other anime, MCs will often choose to leave everything behind for the "new world" but that's because they barely have attachments to their old world.
That's not the case in Darling in the Franxx.
Hiro will lead the children to salvation and the one beside him will be Ichigo.
The theory of human - dinosaur peace is impossible since except 02 all of them just shown as mindless monsters.
In manga and anime that has romance I always agree with you and the female I think is best for the main character but I don't think ichigo is the best girl for hiro.... honestly all signs seem to point at ichigo becoming 9'a partner after hiro turns her down. Not going to lie I would love to see a hero/Eo To vs 9'a/ichigo mech fight
Old 2018-04-15, 18:03   Link #2208
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i feel the same, again if i had to blame someone here will be the nine alpha which played with ichigo feelings to does all the trouble.

Also a little hiro because if him had did nothing during that time when she was berseker she could not had tried to kill him.

we had just a funny drama and it's really funny see peoples fighting over ship and some peoples like @wuhugm putting more fire on the war , i'm really laughting a lot reading the forum and peoples rage.
Honestly 9'a just told the truth and Eo To confirmed it was true... 9"a throw the bait out there and ichigo acted to protect hiro again its fucked up goro saw the girl he love confess to his best friend but i hope this allows him to move on pass her.... so he can stop covering her ass when she always always getting emotional.
Old 2018-04-15, 18:40   Link #2209
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ichigo is a **** for what she did, there is no two ways around it. Any defending of what she did is just favoritism and nonsense.

I'm glad Zero thrashed them like she did. They all deserved it.

Hiro becoming a monster means he has to abandon everyone? LOL When and why? Zero was able to join them and become friends. What stops Hiro XD that some silly logic.
Old 2018-04-15, 18:48   Link #2210
Mistyclear

Can’t we just blame it on the writers/creators who did this episode and threw in an unnecessary love triangle just to add drama—how about we just blame and resent them for it.
They threw Ichigo’s character development straight out the window returning her back to the emotion ruled ineffective leader she was at the start. Why the creators thought this a good idea I have no clue—it’s just unnecessary and takes away from everything else. See blame the writers.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 18:54   Link #2211
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Can’t we just blame it on the writers/creators who did this episode and threw in an unnecessary love triangle just to add drama—how about we just blame and resent them for it.
They threw Ichigo’s character development straight out the window returning her back to the emotion ruled ineffective leader she was at the start. Why the creators thought this a good idea I have no clue—it’s just unnecessary and takes away from everything else. See blame the writers.

If you only get upset at the writer then why ever not like a character? "Oh it's just the writing, I guess I should like this character regardless"

Remember, she SAW HIM CRYING, then stopped him from doing what would make him happy to make HERSELF Happy. People have every right to hate her.
Old 2018-04-15, 19:01   Link #2212
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
If you only get upset at the writer then why ever not like a character? "Oh it's just the writing, I guess I should like this character regardless"
I didn’t say I like her at all though? I don’t like her but I don’t dislike her either. I’m just frustrated with the creators/writers for pulling back on her ability to lead effectively and not let her emotions cloud her judgment—she was being an effective leader for quite a few episodes, but they just went and made her emotions cloud her thought processing.
I’m not talking about the whole prevent Hiro from meeting Zero Two which was slightly justifiable since she endangered Hiro and the rest of the team through her reckless rampages—but at the very end when she stopped him from following Zero Two that wasn’t leadership that was flat out jealousy.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 19:08   Link #2213
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I didn’t say I like her at all though? I don’t like her but I don’t dislike her either. I’m just frustrated with the creators/writers for pulling back on her ability to lead effectively and not let her emotions cloud her judgment—she was being an effective leader for quite a few episodes, but they just went and made her emotions cloud her thought processing.
I’m not talking about the whole prevent Hiro from meeting Zero Two which was slightly justifiable since she endangered Hiro and the rest of the team through her reckless rampage—but at the very end when she stopped him from following Zero Two that wasn’t leadership that was flat out jealousy.
Yea felt out of character. But It's for the sake of drama and stretchin things out.

Just be glad its not AMC dragging it out :P
Old 2018-04-15, 19:08   Link #2214
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I’m not talking about the whole prevent Hiro from meeting Zero Two which was slightly justifiable since she endangered Hiro and the rest of the team through her reckless rampage—but at the very end when she stopped him from following Zero Two that wasn’t leadership that was flat out jealousy.
Jealousy may have been a part of it. But, let's be realistic. What was Hiro going to accomplish by running after 02? She was already transferred to another unit. He could have gotten shot by the guards or thrown into detention or mindwiped again. 02's not worth it imo. Ichigo, in the end, did make the right decision to hold Hiro back imo.
Old 2018-04-15, 19:09   Link #2215
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

We've sure got a whole lotta armchair scriptwriters around here.
Old 2018-04-15, 19:12   Link #2216
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Jealousy may have been a part of it. But, let's be realistic. What was Hiro going to accomplish by running after 02? She was already transferred to another unit. He could have gotten shot by the guards or thrown into detention or mindwiped again. 02's not worth it imo. Ichigo, in the end, did make the right decision to hold Hiro back imo.
That is not for Ichigo to decide...
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 19:13   Link #2217
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
That is not for Ichigo to decide...
She's the squad leader. She has a right to enforce her authority.
Old 2018-04-15, 19:14   Link #2218
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Hahaha, oh the favoritism. Oh well... some people think Ayaka from Tenchi Muyo is best waifu.

"I want to be like everyone else" - child

"I know whats best for everyone, and whats best for Hiro is to be with me" - Teen

Seems about right for her age. She always wants her way. 20 years from now she'll look back. "Wow I CANT believe I did that..."
Old 2018-04-15, 19:21   Link #2219
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Abusing her position of power because she wants the D...
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 19:21   Link #2220
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Hahaha, oh the favoritism. Oh well... some people think Ayaka from Tenchi Muyo is best waifu.
I was rooting for Sasami. She looked gorgeous when she aged.