Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-19, 04:30   Link #1
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Cool Metal Gear Solid

Bascially this is a thread for all things Metal Gear & Metal Gear Solid.
Gameplay,
Character design,
Story,
You name it.
Bascially the main motive for me to start this thread is to unite every MGS fan in this forum under one banner!To disucss the genius of MGS!
One of the coolest things of MGS is the fact that it differs greatly from the typical stealth game,in fact i might even say it set the thrend for cool stealth games everywhere!
One of the coolest things about MGS is how the creators manage to make all those insane things make sense,in a cool way to boot.

Let's take Psychomantis for example,from MGS1:The Twin Snakes.
The official report on Psychomantis is as follows:

FOXHOUND member. Was a psychic secret agent for KGB. Has powerful psycho-kinesis powers and the ability to read people's minds.

Losing his position in the Soviet Union after its crumble, he moved to the US. He served in the FBI for a while, then became a freelance espionage agent to be scouted to join FOXHOUND.

Read it?Good.
Psychomantis is a psychic,this is one of the key points i want to point out.(haha)
The genius of the whole thing is the creators ability to incorperate a psychic,normally found in other adventure/horror genres,into a reality-based military stealth game!
Fantastic isnt it!
The whole blend of anime-style characters into a reality-based game without losing the touch of what makes military genres cool and realism,is well...cool!

The MGS series also has a way of incoperating real-life events and fit it into the overall plot.Take the 'Gulf-War' and the 'Gulf-War syndrom' for example,in MGS1.

Gameplay.Needless the gameplay for MGS is fantastic as well,esp for MGS1 rather then MGS2.The player interaction,(A video game in itself is a player interaction,yes, i know.)as in changing memory-card slots,(people who fought Psychomantis know what i mean)adds to the overall "fun" experience.
Let me share with you one of my experiences.I was at my friend's house playing,you guessed it, MGS1.We had completed the game once and had a Bandana.We were well on our way to completing it a second time for the stealth suit.This led to a natural relaxation,since we completed it once,let's goof our way through the second time!The stupid guards(we were playing 'easy' by the way,more fun^_^)added to the fun.Remember the place you had to go to before you entered the room you fought Psychomantis in?Remember the guards patrolling the toilets?I personally enjoyed sneaking up behind them while they were peeing and them planting Claymores behind their backs,albeit sadiscally.

Tsk.Tsk.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 08:19   Link #2
Liquidus
╞╩╗

(directfeed low-res *don't right click*). ---> Here <--- Can anyone tell me whats with the crotch grabbing scene near the end??? Is it a spoof from Raidens MGS2: Sons of Liberty scene?

Originally posted in another thread but it was never answered...
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 15:33   Link #3
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

I am not exactly sure what you are referring at Inuzuka because the IGN webpage you gave us actually leads to the Metal Gear Solid 3 video section! So, which video are you talking about? A bit more information would help.
SPINAL-BRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 03:34   Link #4
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPINAL-BRAIN
I am not exactly sure what you are referring at Inuzuka because the IGN webpage you gave us actually leads to the Metal Gear Solid 3 video section! So, which video are you talking about? A bit more information would help.
You mean Liquidus.Right?Btw there's no croth grabbing scene
But people have actually took screens and showed that Raiden didn't have a crothch at all.(Serious)
Old 2004-06-20, 16:40   Link #5
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

Oopps...hehe...sorry I mean Liquidus...yeah I did not see any crotch grabbing scenes either, unless I miss something...hardly unlikely though since I do consider myself a Metal Gear freak...
Old 2004-06-20, 19:47   Link #6
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Quote:
Oopps...hehe...sorry I mean Liquidus...yeah I did not see any crotch grabbing scenes either, unless I miss something...hardly unlikely though since I do consider myself a Metal Gear freak...
Sorry sorry (I wasn't specific enough )... I meant the scene in MGS3: Snake Eater near the end of the trailer (Konami's devastating trailer thing) that my link leads to. This happened in MGS2: Sons of Liberty and I was like wtf ?

Last edited by Liquidus; 2004-06-22 at 18:58.
Old 2004-06-25, 00:41   Link #7
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus
Sorry sorry (I wasn't specific enough )... I meant the scene in MGS3: Snake Eater near the end of the trailer (Konami's devastating trailer thing) that my link leads to. This happened in MGS2: Sons of Liberty and I was like wtf ?
Sorry on my part .My computer seems to have some kind of pop-up disabler installed so i couldnt view the link.(once again, )
But regarding the crotch grabbing scene in MGS2,i did see the screencaps they took,but i only saw the ones showing Raiden,(*UhUhm*)bal less.
But i havent seen the Snake Eater trailer yet so...

sorry.

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-06-25 at 01:48.
Old 2004-06-25, 01:50   Link #8
devilzabuza

spelling corrections for inuzaka

*pop-up disabler
and
devilzabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 04:06   Link #9
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilzabuza
*pop-up disabler
and
like,"hi" you fwuking dumbarse :fingers:
Old 2004-06-25, 07:27   Link #10
kamij0

Cool down, i like to play the skateboard in the MGS sons of liberty,
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 10:09   Link #11
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
Cool down, i like to play the skateboard in the MGS sons of liberty,
=I know the guy actually(devilzabuza)and trust me,he IS a dumba_r_se
Old 2004-06-27, 13:53   Link #12
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

Quote:
Inuzuka

...he IS a dumba_r_se
Hilarious!!!!!
Old 2004-06-27, 15:58   Link #13
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
Sorry on my part .My computer seems to have some kind of pop-up disabler installed so i couldnt view the link.(once again, )
But regarding the crotch grabbing scene in MGS2,i did see the screencaps they took,but i only saw the ones showing Raiden,(*UhUhm*)bal less.
But i havent seen the Snake Eater trailer yet so...

sorry.
The crotch grabbing scene in MGS2 occurs when Raiden confronts the current president(the one taken hostage). He mistakes Raiden for a woman and grabs a handful of something he'd rather have not....
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 18:02   Link #14
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

Quote:
Sanjuronord:

The crotch grabbing scene in MGS2 occurs when Raiden confronts the current president(the one taken hostage). He mistakes Raiden for a woman and grabs a handful of something he'd rather have not....
Damn...where the f*ck was I when that happene? How come I missed that I wonder 'cause usually I pay close attention to things that are interestings. Well, gotta play the game again to see it unless it's in the Substance 'cause if that is the case, then I don't have the game yet...
Old 2004-06-28, 22:24   Link #15
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Yeah it happened when Raiden was saving the president. Now I'm just wondering if it has any meaning (besides that Raiden was such a wussy). Here's what happened at the end of the trailer:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Liquidus; 2004-06-28 at 22:51.
Old 2004-06-29, 23:04   Link #16
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

And that's from the Metal Gear Solid 2 but not from substance? Damn...how can I miss that part? How....?
Old 2004-06-30, 05:05   Link #17
ClancyDamon
クラシー デマン

Send a message via AIM to ClancyDamon
Technically, MGS2 and Substance are the same exact thing. Substance just has all the crazy extras. Just wanted to mention that.

Anyways, as to the beginning of this thread, I personally think that Psycho Mantis is the greatest villain in ANYTHING period. Call me (insert creative explitives that add up to stupid/crazy here), but is there anything that can compare to a gas mask wearing, womanly physiqued, Russian master of telepathy/telekinesis/mindreading/levitation/etc. who can read your memory card and force you change your controller ports, and wants nothing more than to kill as many people as inhumanly possible? NO!! I was really disappointed with MGS2's villains. Vamp and Fortune had their moments, but they just couldn't cut it. However, Fatman practically makes up for the both of them. An encredibly obese, wine guzzingly, rocket rollerblading, happy-go-lucky, homicidally loveable bald maniac in a face-covering kevlar getup who has a dream to cause the worlds most devastating explosion? These two NEED to be resurrected. If they can put something like Liquid's arm in the series, then explaining the miraculous reanimation of two dead supervillains is a mere formality.

I don't know if I came off as sarcastically hostile, but I'm really serious here. The villains, to me, are kinda the heart of the MGS series. Why conduct a stealth mission when there isn't anyone causing havoc, right? What kind of freaks await us in number 3?

Last edited by ClancyDamon; 2004-06-30 at 21:35.
ClancyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 16:49   Link #18
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Quote:
And that's from the Metal Gear Solid 2 but not from substance? Damn...how can I miss that part? How....?
That isn't the scene from MGS2, the scene shown happened in the trailer. A scene that occured in MGS2 was very similar to that scene.
Old 2004-07-04, 21:15   Link #19
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClancyDamon
I don't know if I came off as sarcastically hostile, but I'm really serious here. The villains, to me, are kinda the heart of the MGS series. Why conduct a stealth mission when there isn't anyone causing havoc, right? What kind of freaks await us in number 3?
Good point.
Old 2004-07-05, 01:15   Link #20
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

So... does the timeline and storyline in Snake Eater take place after Sons of Liberty? or is a prequel as I've read on other boards? there were rumors going around that we get to use Big Boss this time around... if so... then that would make it a prequel.... anyways... I haven't been really following the hype or whatever for Snake Eater... so can someone fill me in?