AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-20, 22:48   Link #1161
firebrrend
Punishment Inspector

hahaha... finally now we know why shizuo always got mad at Izaya.... what a terrible fate shizuo has....
do you think they will show Izaya's story next time?
firebrrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 23:20   Link #1162
kyouray
2D > 3D

Excellent episode. I really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Even if there is such a rumor, it will remain a rumor given its popularity. I'm somehow interested to see if Durarara can challenge Touhou's and Vocaloid's domination over Pixiv in longer term.
I was a little surprised by this popularity on pixiv and it's not a bad thing since there's too much Vocaloid/Touhou stuff (even there're really nice drawings).
Even there's "yaoi" stuff, we have nice stuff like Celty fanarts

Spoiler for Celty luv pics~:
Old 2010-02-21, 00:28   Link #1163
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I loved episode 7. I had been waiting for shizuo's story and it sure as hell didnt disappoint.

I loved how they explained Shizuo's freakish strength as its somewhat based in reality. Our brain regulates what we do for a reason. The human body is capable of more than we actual do with it but its also fragile. Therefore the feeling of pain or tiredness keep us from over doing it except in those cases where people do the impossible like a mother developing super strength for a short period of time trying to save or protect their child. In Shizuo's case that part of his brain that should tell the body to stop is well turned off. So he can use 100% of his strength but the body physically could not handle it so kept breaking his bones. Whats funny is he kept getting stronger everytime he healed (like a certain Goku we all love) because his body was learning and adjusting to his strength. Then there's the milk well we really dont need to go into that one its pretty self explanatory.

There are just some people you dont like before they even open their mouths but in this case i see way Shizuo hates Izaya its pretty well deserved. There first duel Izaya won by default because Shizuo got hit by a truck LMAO I think these two will be bitter enemies till their on their death beds and even then Shizuo will be trying to crush Izayas head with a heart monitor.

I think the only 2 people that can keep him check is his brother which i enjoyed all their scenes together especially the one with him going nuts and his brother doesnt say a word just breaks out the milk lol. Then there is Celty that was a nice scene at the end well anything scene with Celty in it is good for me.

The writing for Dhurarara is top notch and i dont mind the animation either. Its crisp scenes dont move to fast and the stop action is used at the appropriate time and not over done. Im loving the music so far as well everything just seems to fall into place. The show is easy to understand, humorous and knows how to keep an audiences attention. Even with the show split between several different characters that are all connected its very easy to follow. I feel this is key when having a large amount of characters that are of equal importance.

Favorite line from episode 7.

Simon: Shizuo!
Shizuo: Yo
Simon: are we done with puberty? The its time to eat sushi.

Old 2010-02-21, 01:38   Link #1164
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
^ Izaya is like the perfect asshole. I doubt hes bitter against shizuo for that reason, just liked making him mad.

Izaya is awesome but I am still amazed he has friends. Shizuo is great this week too.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 02:46   Link #1165
Eater of All
NOM

Ep07 was pretty damned entertaining. If Shizuo had ever played those smash-the-town games, I bet he'd totally own every slot in the high score. Though on second thought, he'd probably destroy the machine before that'd happen.
And while having such an insane ability seems convenient, it did ended up messing Shizuo's childhood quite a bit. Kinda sad to think about it, but it's fun watching Shizuo break stuff so I'm not complaining.

Spoiler for Snap snap snap:

Spoiler for Stomp stomp stomp:
Old 2010-02-21, 04:46   Link #1166
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrrend View Post
do you think they will show Izaya's story next time?
We're bound to see it, though i don't think it'll be until near the end of the series. The mystery of Izaya is an important part of the series, so they'll keep that mystery locked up for as long as possible.
Old 2010-02-21, 04:58   Link #1167
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
What's with Kida singing Linda Linda Linda?
Here you can listen
http://www.durarara.com/dvd/dvd01.html
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 05:33   Link #1168
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Episode 7 was great, Shizuo is just awesome he is now officially my favorite character in Durarara. I though it was funny when he threw the power ranger at the kids birthday party, I couldn't stop laughing at that.

I hope we get to see some more of Shizuo in the future he is just too awesome. Really looking forward to the next episode.
That was just great when he owned the power rangers. Probably not a great idea for a job there . Still damn hilarious to watch.

He definitely became my favourite character after this one. His past was pretty interesting to look into and you can't help feeling for the guy since it's outside of his control. Has to be incredibly tough to get by like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
There are just some people you dont like before they even open their mouths but in this case i see way Shizuo hates Izaya its pretty well deserved. There first duel Izaya won by default because Shizuo got hit by a truck LMAO I think these two will be bitter enemies till their on their death beds and even then Shizuo will be trying to crush Izayas head with a heart monitor.
Yeah there really are some people you know you will hate. Of course Izaya completely lived up to expectations and probably surpassed them. At this point Shizuo really has built up quite a few reasons to hate Izaya. After all that has happened it's probably a good idea to try to take him out right from the start. I could seriously see Shizuo on his deathbed picking up the heart monitor ready to beat Izaya to death with it. Since you could certainly still see Izaya saying something to piss him off even at the end.

Quote:
I think the only 2 people that can keep him check is his brother which i enjoyed all their scenes together especially the one with him going nuts and his brother doesnt say a word just breaks out the milk lol. Then there is Celty that was a nice scene at the end well anything scene with Celty in it is good for me.
You are probably right there. I'm not sure if Celty could keep him calm, but would probably have the sense to just stay out of the way. Sadly too many stupid people go at him and pay the price. A nice bond he has with his brother who certainly knows how Shizuo's life has gone. A good relationship between brothers that helps comfort Shizuo no matter what happens. Plus that friendship between Shizuo and Celty does make sense. She definitely helped with the irritation he'd been feeling. Always good especially in Shizuo's case to have someone around you can simply talk to. Besides she understands how someone can feel when being around Izaya.
Old 2010-02-21, 06:11   Link #1169
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

One word to describe Ep. 7: GAR!

Shizuo is the freakin' man.

Also enjoyed Celty repeatedly jabbing Shinra wahahaha. Tough love.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 06:20   Link #1170
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Looks like he's enjoying it.

Dirty masochist...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 06:39   Link #1171
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Looks like he's enjoying it.

Dirty masochist...
LOL@Shinra's expression

Speeded-up version:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-21, 07:35   Link #1172
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

reading the post since I left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Chane's father. He is not a major character in anime so it's natural if you don't remember.
Spoiler for Huey's picture:
Owoo.. I'd remember him somewhat familiar! and Kasuka, is soo bishie, I hope he can gain more role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post

Only if the anime can make favourable long-term impression if I would say. Touhou and Vocaloid was like a legend in there Still, I'm enjoying the amount of good short-mangas *COUGH*BL*COUGH* delivered everyday. They are pure crack sometimes <3
Dont you remember Baccano? Its just 13 episode but is epic, it even gain #25 rank at MAL. and I think with Ryohgo Narita's ability *jyah* bet he can do it
go narita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Which makes me wonder did Baccano had yaoi undertones too I had time only to watch the first episode
think Baccano is too natural thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Shizuo has some serious anger issues. And this all started over a pudding. It proves once again that pudding is serious business.
so its start from Kasuka then !

btw. love the gif of heart poking Celty-Shinra.

Last edited by Bea Rabbit; 2010-02-21 at 07:53. Reason: wrong pronouncing
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 09:16   Link #1173
Sigsig

Quote:
Shizou identified that something reeked and once he found Izaya he knew it was him.

Celty also felt Izaya was a bit creepy too. But it's just she doesn't react with murderous hatred because she isn't violence in a body.

I'm pretty sure the hint is that it's to do with the supernatural rather than just 'instinct' and that it will be explained later on.

Anyway i thought this episode was great. Even though Shizou's reason for hating Izaya right off the bat was strange, I still manged to sympathise with him and hate Izaya a little myself. So that was well done imo.

Other great stuff like Darher Than Black, Bacanno!!, Cencoroll, chibi Shizou, teen Izaya vs Shizou, ShizouxCelty and Shizou weilding a road sign that says '!'.
I think Shizou disliked Izaya for his insensitive-ness. Imagine a stranger/friend's friend applauding you for something you hate to do, with a smile on his face, like mocking you. I think i understand how Shizou feels
Sigsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 10:15   Link #1174
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigsig View Post
I think Shizou disliked Izaya for his insensitive-ness. Imagine a stranger/friend's friend applauding you for something you hate to do, with a smile on his face, like mocking you. I think i understand how Shizou feels
Perhaps maybe, but Shizou never made any such justification. he just said that he hates Izaya, for reeasons even he himself didn't know (or something along those lines).
Old 2010-02-21, 10:52   Link #1175
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps maybe, but Shizou never made any such justification. he just said that he hates Izaya, for reeasons even he himself didn't know (or something along those lines).
Which why I and some others have said it likely based on Shizuo's intuition than on logic. If you noticed he in he also correct guessed that Cetly wasn't normal either in the same way despite only meeting her for the first time.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 10:57   Link #1176
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Okay fine then: How about supernatural intuition?
Old 2010-02-21, 11:01   Link #1177
Iron Maw
Banned

You mean like a "sixth sense"? Then yeah.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-02-21 at 11:11.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 11:25   Link #1178
pingva

Quote:
Okay fine then: How about supernatural intuition?
It's just intuition. It's nothing supernatural. Everyone using it everyday.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:11   Link #1179
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

bad.. bad.. pudding!
Spoiler for pic:
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 14:29   Link #1180
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I guess it's no surprise to see the show get it's own section. Brilliant news.

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen