AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 43 66.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 24.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 6.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-04, 22:20   Link #41
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yeah, no. That would be Envy.
To which part exactly? Because I don't remember Envy trying to eat someone of same kind.

And Pride did say that he loves his so called mother.
Old 2010-04-04, 23:59   Link #42
solomon

Although the song on it's own isn't really my thing, it combined with the visuals is a great opening.

Little surprised they went so somber with it though.
Old 2010-04-05, 00:01   Link #43
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Forgot to mention how awesome Envy's return was. It was pretty neat in the manga, but the animation was just...wow. Loved it.
Old 2010-04-05, 00:12   Link #44
nameless child

Spoiler for :

I don't know who is that.
I think that is Ed...But it doesn't seem right
Old 2010-04-05, 02:34   Link #45
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

It's sad... it's depressing... I like it. I just love the new opening because it is tormenting my mind about the ending. Seeing that most of the characters are crying or in agony is making me think more and more about the ending of the series.
Spoiler for speculation about the ending:

I'll comment on the episode later when I watch it with subs.
Old 2010-04-05, 02:58   Link #46
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't really like the OP's song, but the animation is pretty damn awesome even if it's not as action packed as I thought it'd be. And yeah quite a few spoilers in it, but the biggest ones probably won't be noticed by the anime only watchers. I love the ED's song, and it fit well with Al's crowing moment of awesome at the end of the episode. Though I do think it looked a bit more badass in the manga:

Spoiler for manga page:
Same. Not that the anime version of the scene wasn't good, mind you. Just that the manga version gave me a different mental picture in my head, like him constantly moving forward and not stopping. Also, his eyes starting to glow really brightly, which kinda happened in the anime, but when I saw it in the manga, it reminded me of a passage from Terry Pratchett's 'Feet of Clay' which went something like

Quote:
the tiny spark in Dorfl's eyes went supernova
or something like that since I don't have my copy on me right now, and I'm definitely not doing that quote/scene full justice.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-04-05, 03:32   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Same. Not that the anime version of the scene wasn't good, mind you. Just that the manga version gave me a different mental picture in my head, like him constantly moving forward and not stopping. Also, his eyes starting to glow really brightly, which kinda happened in the anime, but when I saw it in the manga, it reminded me of a passage from Terry Pratchett's 'Feet of Clay' which went something like

or something like that since I don't have my copy on me right now, and I'm definitely not doing that quote/scene full justice.
Yep, that's how I imagined that scene too, I was suprised to see him stop moving in the anime.
Old 2010-04-05, 07:31   Link #48
Forever
Revealing the truth

I like the last part of the opening. Ed was one satisfied customer....
Old 2010-04-05, 08:32   Link #49
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
What a spoiler filled OP!
I've seen a lot of people say this (as with every other OP) and once again I don't agree with it at all. The 'spoilers' are only things you'd pick up if you've read the manga anyways. The only real OP spoiler for me would be in OP3 where they showed Ling with the other homunculi and OP4 where they showed him betraying them.
Old 2010-04-05, 09:56   Link #50
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't really like the OP's song, but the animation is pretty damn awesome even if it's not as action packed as I thought it'd be. And yeah quite a few spoilers in it, but the biggest ones probably won't be noticed by the anime only watchers. I love the ED's song, and it fit well with Al's crowing moment of awesome at the end of the episode. Though I do think it looked a bit more badass in the manga:

Spoiler for manga page:

The whole episode was awesome !
Wait, is that allowed to post & share 'this' manga scans to compare the anime ones?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-04-05 at 09:58. Reason: Wrong quote. Opps.
Old 2010-04-05, 10:29   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Wait, is that allowed to post & share 'this' manga scans to compare the anime ones?
Why wouldn't it be allowed to post images from the manga that have already happened?
Old 2010-04-05, 11:15   Link #52
pulpwin
マギ

Just watched the episode, and I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of the script and characters. I loooved it. I think the show is really starting to show it's true colours and what FMA is all about. It's been a treat following this show and we're already 51 episodes in.
Old 2010-04-05, 13:01   Link #53
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So I watched this episode

Spoiler for A bit lengthy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless child View Post
Spoiler for :

I don't know who is that.
I think that is Ed...But it doesn't seem right
no, it does look like Ed, notice the ponytail.
Old 2010-04-05, 14:34   Link #54
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Al looks as awesome as the moment before Roy made KFC out of Lust. I thought that I wouldn't see Al with that awesome look anymore, thank god I was wrong.

And btw, the new OP/ED are disappointing music wise. The ED is disappointing visual wise too and I refuse to watch that spoiler filled OP anymore ._.
Old 2010-04-05, 15:17   Link #55
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
To which part exactly? Because I don't remember Envy trying to eat someone of same kind.
...And? So cannibalism automatically makes someone more cruel than anyone else now?

Pride ate Gluttony because it was necessary in order for both of them to survive and triumph. Envy shoots innocent little girls and triggers genocidal wars because it makes him extremely happy. Pretty obvious who the most cruel one is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
Forgot to mention how awesome Envy's return was. It was pretty neat in the manga, but the animation was just...wow. Loved it.
The animation was indeed extremely awesome there, especially because his beast form wasn't lame CG but actual high quality regular animation.

I didn't really get why they changed it so that the zombie ate him, but eh it worked well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
It's sad... it's depressing... I like it. I just love the new opening because it is tormenting my mind about the ending. Seeing that most of the characters are crying or in agony is making me think more and more about the ending of the series.
Spoiler for speculation about the ending:
Right. Do those look like tears of joy to you? She's obviously depressed in the OP, so there's no way it's supposed to mean that.
Old 2010-04-05, 15:46   Link #56
kitten320

Alright I finally saw whole episode.

Duno, I like the OP. But too many spoilers.
About episode... The beginning looked like part of horror movie
A bit disappointed with the scene where Olivier said "One more place vacant", in manga it looked more epic.
Nice to see Envy back along with Kimbli^^
Looks like next episode will cover the biggest part of the Armstrongs' VS Sloth if my memory doesn't deceive me.
Hainekel had good logic there.

And ending was great! Loved how Kimbli was commenting!
Next episode will be epic

And new soundtracks are also nice.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:26   Link #57
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The Envy scene was amazing, but I was too in awe by May's ridiculous acrobatic animations to notice. The animation at that part in general was ridiculous.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:46   Link #58
kuro341
Lucky Star love anyone?

Loved the openings, I did not like the ED. It reminded me of the third ending "Let it Out"

The episode was great, I particularly loved Al's and Pride's look in this episode.

But I exceptionally loved when
Spoiler for when:
:

Last edited by kuro341; 2010-04-05 at 16:47. Reason: cause I can't spell
Old 2010-04-05, 17:07   Link #59
mpt37

This episode was packed with so many great scenes with more to come next episode. Heinkel giving Al the philosopher's stone was the highlight for me. I completely forgot about it until he reached into his pocket. Such a powerful speech accompanied by fitting music.

Great seeing (Alex) Armstrong in action as well with his over the top entrance.
Old 2010-04-05, 17:19   Link #60
speez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
Great seeing (Alex) Armstrong in action as well with his over the top entrance.
One thing Brotherhood hasn't done is show Alex flexing for no reason. I approve of this.
Closed Thread