AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-02, 02:25   Link #1361
Kaos!

Since my name translation skills are poor, when you mean Ichikawa Kazuhiro, do you mean 市川和弘? He was the producer of the Memories Off series rather than the Infinity series unless he chose not to put his name inside the ED credits.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 07:03   Link #1362
VDZ

They can't remove kick-the-can completely, it's essential to the story.
Spoiler:

I don't like the idea of rewriting Ever17. Some parts may be considered boring by some, but everything that's in the game is in the game for a reason. The chicken sandwiches might have been boring to many, but they provided a lot of casual character interaction, which is often lacking or completely absent in 'sudden disaster everybody is going to die' stories. Hell, the entire chicken sandwich thing would be worth it even for just Kid's outburst when he gets tired of the food alone.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 08:12   Link #1363
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Since my name translation skills are poor, when you mean Ichikawa Kazuhiro, do you mean 市川和弘? He was the producer of the Memories Off series rather than the Infinity series unless he chose not to put his name inside the ED credits.
No, he was definitely part of the Infinity series. He was the producer of Never7, Ever17, and Remember11.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 09:35   Link #1364
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
No, he was definitely part of the Infinity series. He was the producer of Never7, Ever17, and Remember11.

Guess someone should edit the wiki page for it. Not even the jp wiki has him listed as the producer. I had to look through the ED just to see his name. And his name was only listed after the sound credits.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 12:46   Link #1365
TJR

He was an all-encompassing producer/manager for many of KID's internal projects (the other leading figure at the company was Hisayoshi Ichikawa, KID's president), including their flagship franchises.

I suppose the people who created those Wiki pages didn't see it as a key creative role. It's kinda like in anime, the studio heads/producers, who're primarily involved with planning, staffing, and budgeting aren't really recognized as members of the staff.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 17:08   Link #1366
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
I don't like the idea of rewriting Ever17. Some parts may be considered boring by some, but everything that's in the game is in the game for a reason. The chicken sandwiches might have been boring to many, but they provided a lot of casual character interaction, which is often lacking or completely absent in 'sudden disaster everybody is going to die' stories. Hell, the entire chicken sandwich thing would be worth it even for just Kid's outburst when he gets tired of the food alone.
While I agree with your sentiments, the reality is true that in that respect, 999 did do better than Ever 17: pacing. And I'm all for them adjusting the pacing of the game if they can do it right.

If they can pull this off, it'll make Ever 17 a masterpiece for the ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
12Riven as well, iirc.

I just wish they'd reveal the script writers already...
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 18:11   Link #1367
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Yeah I agree with you there - all those little things that might be considered boring, make the whole experience feel a bit more real, since life isint always filled with constant events. But on the other hand maybe they will just switch it with something more interesting while still keeping the same idea. Lets just keep our fingers crossed, they seem to know what they are doing so far.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 02:42   Link #1368
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Wow, that's a lot of changes and hopefully improvements! That's awesome! I also hope the kick-the-can is not removed.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 13:57   Link #1369
Elvin

They probably mean the parts where the characters themselves were sitting around, bored themselves, waiting for something to happen. Well, don't fear change as long as what they replace it with is indeed better.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 14:08   Link #1370
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
For some reason every time im in a elevator going down I always think of that depression chamber in ever 17
Old 2011-03-05, 14:44   Link #1371
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Would anyone mind helping me to try and find a source for the new info? (I was the one who posted it on Askys forums). I just mean a scan or at least a link to a website that goes over the info, I've got someone refusing to belive the info without proof and I'm trying to quiet them.

Really I can understand why one might want a source, but I see no reason to doubt all this, I really doubt one NeoGAF poster just made this all up for some kicks.
Kite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 16:16   Link #1372
winkel

I believe that person. It seems they post a lot about that sort of thing, so they would probably know.

I did find this though:
Spoiler:

(If this is not allowed, someone tell me to delete it)
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 20:34   Link #1373
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

I couldn't find any Famitsu 360 articles online... but here is its home page. The current issue lists Ever17 as one of the games discussed, and was released on 28 February.

The timing of the NeoGAF post matches the magazine publication. (EDIT:
Spoiler for E17 irony:
)

Anyone here buys (or knows someone who buys) Famitsu 360?

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-03-05 at 20:54.
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 22:16   Link #1374
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
For some reason every time im in a elevator going down I always think of that depression chamber in ever 17
Then the game creators have done a good job in creating a game that immerses the reader, eh?
Old 2011-03-06, 11:45   Link #1375
Elvin

It wouldn't be proof for all the info, but you can try asking Yuu Asakawa whether she reprised her role as Tsugumi on her english Twitter account... who knows whether she can talk about it though (nondisclosure agreement?).
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 04:38   Link #1376
Lordray

A Remake!!! coool!!!!

With this xbox remake i hope they will make an anime too!!!!

BTw, is there anyone here who has the english patch for the psp versions?? or maybe the other infinity in english psp version?

EDIT:
i want to ask:
i have played Ever17 two years ago in WinXP

Now i want to play it again in my new laptop, but WHY THE HELL EVER17 WON'T RUN ON WINDOWS 7 32BIT?????

My DA: http://rpg-no-zero.deviantart.com/
My FB: http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1598149010
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGNoZero?feature=mhum

Last edited by Lordray; 2011-03-13 at 08:32.
Lordray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 08:44   Link #1377
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordray View Post
A Remake!!! coool!!!!

With this xbox remake i hope they will make an anime too!!!!

BTw, is there anyone here who has the english patch for the psp versions?? or maybe the other infinity in english psp version?

EDIT:
i want to ask:
i have played Ever17 two years ago in WinXP

Now i want to play it again in my new laptop, but WHY THE HELL EVER17 WON'T RUN ON WINDOWS 7 32BIT?????
And if you run it in WinXP mode?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 09:14   Link #1378
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordray View Post
It must've been something you've done since I have no problems running it on windows 7
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 09:18   Link #1379
Lordray

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
And if you run it in WinXP mode?
I tried the windows xp compability mode, but it still won't run
It says : Ever17 has stopped working
then choice: Debug / Close Program

My DA: http://rpg-no-zero.deviantart.com/
My FB: http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1598149010
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGNoZero?feature=mhum
Lordray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 10:02   Link #1380
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Do you have FFDShow or Haali Media Splitter installed? Those have been reported to cause Ever17 to crash.

Probably dumb question: Are you trying to run a PSP version in Windows?

Tags
visual novel