AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-04, 20:55   Link #41
msg

Oh wow colour me suprises...i think this gonna be my new favourite anime show..even better than ironman.. i wonder if there's microsoft or apple sponsored superhero..^ ^...nah
Old 2011-04-04, 23:21   Link #42
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Interesting concept, but sadly a little cartoony for me. Also, like someone said, I too found the visual style a little gaudy.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 00:06   Link #43
Forsaken_Infinity

This shall be my dose of lulz for this season.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 03:30   Link #44
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Sky High is totally going to be a major antagonist, I'm calling it now.

Characters that are that perfect are ALWAYS villains. It's a rule.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 03:58   Link #45
Westlo
Lets be reality

I just hope this manages to stay good... it could so easily fall into a rut once the current events finish playing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
3) The thug behaved strangely when captured by Tiger, as if he wanted to be captured by someone else, now this could be comedy (wanting to be captured by the more "glamourous" sky-high), but I think it's pointing to fixing.
4) Blue Rose (the Ice Lady) was surprised when the thug fired the gun, as if she's not used to dealing with such unexpected occurances.
For #3 I think he just wanted to be captured by the current peoples champ as opposed to a washed up hero. I mean he would probably get clowned in jail if he revealed he got captured by Wild Tiger lol

As for #4 the announcer did mention she was doing her patented "cutey escape" so it might be par for course when it comes to her. Show up and do something flashy and look good doing it, but gtfo when shit hits the fan. I'm sure she'll get some development (as well as a lot of insert songs) since she seems to be the most important character after the title pair going by the OP.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 04:05   Link #46
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

That, or he'll be the first one to die. That way, it throws the world into disarray as now they can't depend on him to cover for the other incompetent heroes. Also, it makes the villain who kill him scarier to be able to kill the best hero.

Or maybe both, he's pretending to die while actually hiding and mask himself as the supervillain Dark Sky. Well, let's just see how it goes then...
Old 2011-04-05, 04:56   Link #47
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
That, or he'll be the first one to die. That way, it throws the world into disarray as now they can't depend on him to cover for the other incompetent heroes. Also, it makes the villain who kill him scarier to be able to kill the best hero.
Captain Amazing.

"There's no use waiting for the cavalry, because as of this moment, the cavalry is us."
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 06:10   Link #48
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I have a feeling the Producer lady is engineering crimes
or some sponsor/corporations will make up crimes just to promote their company
well that are good plot possibilities for this show to take later on
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 06:15   Link #49
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Some are saying that humour is undermining the possibility of serious plot in this show. I disagree, I think you can have both, that this will be a Black Comedy of sorts.

However the next 2 or 3 episodes will be the real deciding factor in where this series plans to go, and how well it does it. It's certainly cleared this first hurdle, managing to be both entertaining andthought provoking, which is not an easy thing to maintain.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 08:48   Link #50
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

They did make him out to look like a bit of an idiot with the waving at the party.

I could see the whole him getting the axe part.

Honestly though, the CG is killing it for me. I like Wild Tiger as a protagonist as having a non-highschooler be the hero is somewhat refreshing. The overuse of the brands is also somewhat distracting.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 09:08   Link #51
EroKing

Homolust of the season, a must watch.
Old 2011-04-05, 09:20   Link #52
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
...this will be a Black Comedy of sorts.
Black Comedy indeed.

Am I the only one who was laughing his ass off when I first saw an actual "flaming" homo superhero? I know it's kinda wrong of me to laugh... but it's just too damn funny!

Oh, and we also have:

- Mr.-Wonderfully Generic-#1hero, complete w/ audience pandering generic good guy speak...

- A weebo wannabe ninja... who does nothing but pose in the background...

If they keep the comedy fresh and the action good, this one will be a gem.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 10:22   Link #53
ReddyRedWolf

Heh For all we know Origami is a Crouching Moron, Hidden Bad Ass.

For one thing he is a Russian. (Think Putin as a ninja.)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 10:23   Link #54
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Don't really have much to say, but as a show that is likely to not be followed by many people due to a perceived suckiness from the previews, just wanted to add to the post count of a show that is surprisingly better than anything that names itself "Tiger and Bunny" should be allowed.

The name is just all sorts of lol, but this is the Japanese, so I can overlook it. A satire on reality tv and hero worship? Adult characters? Gosh, how can I say no to this!
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 11:09   Link #55
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Heh For all we know Origami is a Crouching Moron, Hidden Bad Ass.

For one thing he is a Russian. (Think Putin as a ninja.)
You mean something like this...

Spoiler for Putin showing off his skillz, 2v1 OMFG!!!:

I'm laughing even harder now!
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 11:23   Link #56
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
First episode was so much fun that i felt like it finished after 5 minutes or so. Hiroaki Hirata is a favorite VA of mine and it seems he'll do great as Kotetsu.

The title is so misleading though, at first i thought it would be some kind of Jewel Pet crap. Maybe that's keeping this series from getting more popular for now, too? If not for ANN's review, i doubt i would give it a chance.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 12:16   Link #57
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

While I do like the character designs in the show, I can't helped but feel a little irked at times by the CGI. I guess I'm not loving the idea of superheroes being CGI'd in an anime, but I suppose it's something I can get used to.

Anyhow, the episode was an entertaining one. The idea of corporate sponsored superheroes is something I've never seen before, and in some ways offers a more realistic deconstruction of the superhero genre than something like the beloved Watchmen. However, I don't believe this ultimately a deconstruction in the truest sense of the word, but it offers an interesting way in which the superheros are actually integrated into the world.

Wild Tiger represents the idealistic notion of what a superhero is though. He is a bit of the old guard, the traditional superhero. All the other ones seem more interested (Save clunky armor dude) in fame, and money, promoting their company. It's an advertisement job for them really.

This leads me to question if the villains they just captured and will be capturing/fighting in this series are true villains or ones planted by those broadcasters. It seems a bit fishy really.

Anyhow, I give this episode an 8/10. It was solid, and wasn't a piece of trash like Nichijou... Seems like my Spring season list is just getting packed... Oh man.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 16:22   Link #58
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I thought Nichijou was okay myself. Better then K-On or Lucky Star anyway.

But over all this season is going quite well so far. I hope we get a few more shows with as much potential as the first few that's shown up.

With the number of shows this season (44?) I'd say we'll definetely have 3-6 good shows. Better then the last few seasons at least, 2009 and 2010 weren't nearly as good as 2008, to my mind.

As for Tiger and Bunny, I'd say next episode Tiger will quite handily beat the monster of the week with his new suit, we'll get some more background information too. Maybe they'll imply more that the execs are behind it.

The mystery factor for me is how the Tiger and Bunny relationship will play out, I'd say that can go a number of ways. Will Bunny take on Tiger's idealistic outlook? Or perhaps Tiger may be seduced by fame and glory... I'd say the fangirls will have a field day though (Oh Sunrise...).
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 20:36   Link #59
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

My fear for this show is it will go completely under the radar for most.
The PV was less then impressive, but the stellar premier episode banished most of my doubts. Sadly, I already know several people who aren't even going to bother checking it out.
Old 2011-04-05, 22:00   Link #60
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Well, this was a very pleasant surprise. I'd put off watching the first episode because of the premise and early promos, but it turned out much better than I expected. A series not set in high school is so rare nowadays, not to mention a (relatively) older protagonist.

I like all the character introduceds so far, but I really empathize with Kotetsu. The sequence where his company closes down and he has to basically grovel for his new asshole boss ("if you don't like it you can quit") plus the sneering from various characters of "old man" hit home. I wonder if part of the target audience for this is salary men who have experienced something like that with the economic problems in Japan (not to mention the rest of the world). Hell, I've been going through some of that myself the last few years (job uncertainties and ageism).
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere