AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 01:35   Link #121
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Didn't honestly realize how close the release date for this one is, wow. I guess time just kind of flew by for me.

Waiting around for this one is easier than waiting for Famitsu Bunko's preorders for next month titles to open, though. orz
Old 2013-04-21, 23:48   Link #122
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Hemi you should check this out. http://www.unicorn-a.com/products/gesen18/sengoku4_pk/
Old 2013-04-22, 00:38   Link #123
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I...didn't really have a lot of good experience with that series.

I was highly motivated to try out Sengoku Hime, but the eye-cancer art just killed everything for me. I couldn't stop laughing. I don't think I've managed to play a Gesen title after that.
Old 2013-04-22, 01:02   Link #124
Drkz

I've played eye cancer... I could you show it. But than my post would get deleted. Gesen titles are pretty fun. They're pretty confusing when you first start out. But I'd say Venus Blood is probably the most confusing to date that i've played.
Old 2013-04-22, 02:26   Link #125
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Which Venus Blood, the very first one? I think I've only played four VB titles: Abyss, Desire, Empire and Frontier, and they were pretty easy to grasp, even if the story they had were laughable.

Slightly on-topic note so we don't derail this thread any further: I want to see Celica and his five Apostles as one entire unit, hahaha.
Old 2013-04-22, 02:46   Link #126
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Unless there is a revolution in the gameplay, I refuse to touch this series again.

The siege battles really turn me off. They are repetitive and boring. The only way to capture a castle is to sacrifice tons of your men to storm it. Therefore you will run out of soldiers after a few battles and have to wait until you can recruit some fresh troops. And there are a zillion castles in this game. Ugh ...
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 10:41   Link #127
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Unless there is a revolution in the gameplay, I refuse to touch this series again.

The siege battles really turn me off. They are repetitive and boring. The only way to capture a castle is to sacrifice tons of your men to storm it. Therefore you will run out of soldiers after a few battles and have to wait until you can recruit some fresh troops. And there are a zillion castles in this game. Ugh ...
Cause you know ero. . Well its the gender bent three kingdom's parody. Its not a surprise its freaking huge. I mean its china after all...

My gunblade girl can't be this adorable.

I think i found my next favorite character. http://www.eukleia.co.jp/eushully/eu14/eu14_des.html
Old 2013-04-22, 11:25   Link #128
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I never got onto the three kingdoms hype but for some reason developers keep making games about them.

As someone who read the original work, its very hard to moe-fy what you have built into your head as hot blooded guys fighting a war...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 11:52   Link #129
Drkz

If you can play as a moe-ified hitler you can play as anything.

( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \

Three kingdoms is pretty bloody...
Old 2013-04-22, 11:56   Link #130
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Why are you guys talking about China? It's Sengoku, not Sangoku
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 12:19   Link #131
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Why are you guys talking about China? It's Sengoku, not Sangoku
Koihime Musou. Hes probably talking about that. Its one of gesen's earlier stuff.
Old 2013-04-22, 13:11   Link #132
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

^that.

I also have the awkward feeling when playing Daiteikoku too with moe-fied Hitler.
The worst one was that moe-fied Vladimir Putin..... she was such a tsundere too... went straight for the spaceship girl in that game.

I wonder how my life would be if I had played Daiteikoku before I learn about the world wars in school (let's ignore how I wanted to play eroge as a 12 year old). I would never want to nap during history classes ever again... (and my friends will prob freak out when they see me smirk at Hitler's picture)

Old 2013-04-22, 13:17   Link #133
Drkz

I napped in history class. The teacher ask me a question i answered cause i learned it from a eroge and went back to class. EROGE SHOULD TEACH HISTORY ITS BETTER!
Old 2013-04-22, 14:27   Link #134
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Though this is somewhat out of topic: I did learn a lot about European history and mythology from playing Age of Empires and Age of Mythology.

I have seen educational games in various expos but I always feel they are way too educational (ie: do math problems and get ammo for a platformer...). A historical reenactment RTS is such a good learning material...

//

"Adolf-chan spread her forces too thin with her attention turned towards Russia and Italy being useless in protecting their southern borders..."
"Right, except Hitler is a man"
Old 2013-04-22, 15:31   Link #135
Drkz

But, but... YOU KNOW YOU PREFER THE MOE VERSION! You should probably try civilization. I could never play it.

4 more days! They're really going all out with those sample images.

Spoiler for How'd i miss this?:
Old 2013-04-22, 15:42   Link #136
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Hot linking to getchu doesn't work (and you prob shouldnt hotlink as it consumes their bandwidth).

Re-uploaded here:
Spoiler:

That ad makes me wonder how NG+ content will play out in kokakou: in Kamidori you had many extra dungeons with new enemies and even a new plot. In SoA you had Dreamland: but honestly that was relatively short compared to what Kamidori had.

Game length can also worry me a little. While there are quite a few regions for you to conquer, the amount of "maps" feel very limited. I guess they can bloat it up with the various missions from the quest firm thing (forgot name).

So much hype and expectation going into the game but yet I am prepared to be disappointed :O
Old 2013-04-23, 00:03   Link #137
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Every time I see that append ad and the words "戦女神ZEROのとあるルート" I just die a little inside. I can't help it anymore.
Old 2013-04-23, 00:04   Link #138
Key Board
Carbon

Judging by her clothing and weapon, I think Haishera's been to Disnafrody
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 00:11   Link #139
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Did she sneak out of Celica's mansion undetected? Hahaha.
Old 2013-04-23, 00:22   Link #140
Drkz

Nah she went after soukoku. She went from dream land.

Tags
eukleia, eushully, kamidori, kokakou, srpg