Insane
Banned

Hmm.......
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 00:36   Link #182
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I gotta admit, they really did a good number on code breaker so far. The music, the comedy, the drama... the animation for the skirmishes were superb in this ep(3) too. Color me impressed =03. The content isn't much better than the manga, but it's the way it's presented that's making it enjoyable for me.
Spoiler for ep 3:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 00:45   Link #183
Aesthetic Shampoo

Another great episode indeed. The one complaint i have is that the "reveal" of the police officers working with the yakuza was so very weak in comparison to the manga. Due to time restraints i suppose.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 01:30   Link #184
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Sakura is starting to annoy me.

Not because of her "thou shalt not kill" attitude. That's fine. I don't like killing either. She is, however, ridiculously naive about pretty much everything. And I hope for at least some early character development on her part.

At least she realises that Ogami is, in fact, a paradoxically kind person.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 03:44   Link #185
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Sakurakouji = Emiya shirou.

This episode is epic. I really like the fact that ogami is not completely evil and how he spared the girl because in the end, the girl still wanted to live. Ogami also have a fast reaction considering he can dodge bullets easily straight to the face. He's not just all flames huh?

As for sakura kouji, yeah she is definitely naive but that is expected for someone who grew up with a peaceful life. We still don't know about her background though(aside from manga readers i think) so i'll still assume that she grew up in a peaceful environment.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 12:07   Link #186
ookamigirl

The ever popular Sakura gets buried by confession letters LOL
The worst part is everyone thinks she's dating Ogami.
Guys in despair, girls in awe ROFL
Everyone seems to be getting the wrong idea about their relationship.
Sakura is a really got stalker. Always trying to catch Ogami in the act.
The part with the puppy was pretty emotional and kinda sweet.
Following him on a job was a unique experience for Sakura.
She's still too naive to see how the world truly operates.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 12:18   Link #187
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

This show would be so damn crappy if he was actually listening to her, luckily, he's paying her no damn attention and still doing what he wants. That little "speech" he gave that girl was very extreme, and really hit home. Don't ask for something you know damn well you don't really want. And I agree with Dengar, this girl is just so damn annoying at this point. You've seen ALL this, and still spitting this everything is perfect with justice crap. Get with the times girl...everything isn't laid out with rose pedals.

Even Ogami was like can you please just STFU and knocked her ass out with a gut punch. I can't even lie...I kinda liked that part....
Old 2012-10-22, 13:40   Link #188
maplehurry

can someone explain the whole kidnap thing to me? They are drug dealers, what's the kidnap for ? I am lost there.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 14:11   Link #189
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
can someone explain the whole kidnap thing to me? They are drug dealers, what's the kidnap for ? I am lost there.
From the manga (just to be clearer):
She & her dad can’t pay the debts to that drug dealer (they don’t have anything anymore). So they kidnap them and drug them. They’re using the dad to do some “dirty work” and probably using the daughter as a sex tool. After that, they plan to sell their organs when they’re no longer useful.
Old 2012-10-22, 18:39   Link #190
webkid94
*Author

Sakurakouji is so damn dense...normally those scenes with her and Aoba at school would make me cringe, but holy hell she is dense to the point of pure comedy.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 20:28   Link #191
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Third episode was good, it's getting more interesting every time. So there are several other "Code Breakers", with unknown objectives, and they seem to have differences with each other.

Sakura is still *very* naive... but as this is already the second mission where she followed Oogami, that should change soon.

One curious thing about Oogami is that he gives his "Aku" speech every single time. This somehow reminds me of Magical Girls and their speeches. Oogami, the Magical Boy
Anyway, while the speeches in magical girl series are without consequences, it's different here, as it's more realistic, and it does have consequences. Wheen Ooogami gave pursuit to that corrupt police chief, he eventually caught up, jumped onto the engine bonnet... and started his "Aku" speech again, as if he had all the time of the world
However, he doesn't get to finish it, as another Code Breaker appears. He got lucky that the other one also wanted to kill that corrupt police chief, or it would've been too late for him to do so. Had he started to blue-flame the bad guys right away, without his speech, it would've been in time still.
Anyway, hope he realises that his speech can be problematic sometimes. Even without the other guy, the driver could've tried wildly evasive manoeuvres, trying to shake him off the hood. There are still many other situation where taking the time for his speech could get him in trouble.
Old 2012-10-22, 23:07   Link #192
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... after watching the first 2 eps this seems to have a interesting premise, but it really doesn't seem to be my cup of tea per se. Maybe I will check out the manga source to double check....
Old 2012-10-23, 18:37   Link #193
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Apparently that's Sakura's job to be the one go 'DON"T KILL CUZ ITS BAD MMMKAY!'
ype pretty much. but its not like ogami will take that crap all the time *ogami punches sakura in the gut*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Sakurakouji = Emiya shirou.

This episode is epic. I really like the fact that ogami is not completely evil and how he spared the girl because in the end, the girl still wanted to live. Ogami also have a fast reaction considering he can dodge bullets easily straight to the face. He's not just all flames huh?
why didnt i notice that?? that makes so much sense
Old 2012-10-24, 01:38   Link #194
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

The scene of the puppy and flashback to Dog...made me cry. I always have a soft spot for animals, especially dogs. And, dang, puppy is so cute!

The part where Sakura pointed out things were good because the police were there or started lecturing the yakuza and the corrupted police made me smack my forehead in disbelief. I do hope her character smartens up soon because her ignorance is ruining the show.

Sakura did save her character somewhat in my eyes at the end when she realized that Ogami isn't all that evil and that he has his reasons for doing what he's doing. But the way she believes that her idealism is right and Ogami is completely wrong irritates me - and Ogami nailed it when he asked her..."so what's your solution?" and she realized she doesn't have one.

One thing is interesting about Sakura though is how she said she regretted not being strong enough to protect Dog...or protect the homeless man. She doesn't want to admit she wanted revenge but that makes me wonder what she really wants. No kill, yeah, but what's her justice?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 01:44   Link #195
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To bring them to justice through the law, probably.

Ogami is there to "bring those to justice" that the law can't touch. Inbetween these two options there's a large hole of "Uhhh yeah... What now?". As someone who detests stuff like death penalty and vigilante-ness, I still acknowledge this.
Old 2012-10-24, 14:36   Link #196
ImperialFlameGod8190

its kinda funny tho the anime is very good despite its unfaithfulness to degrees i may actually think its better so far then the manga the change works if its gonna be 12 episodes although im hoping for closer to 25
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 18:19   Link #197
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
If it wasn't for the puppies I would have dropped this anime
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 20:39   Link #198
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Thank the stars for puppies.
Old 2012-10-27, 22:35   Link #199
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Thank the stars for puppies.
Puppies plus the anticipation for doujinshi that will train the female MC... she seems quite resilient
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 20:06   Link #200
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Alright, seeing that short scene with Sakura imagining Oogami crying and then laughing right after made my day :heh

Tags
action, shonen, supernatural