AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 11:07   Link #15321
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nothing can top G-Gundam in the way of ridiculous Gundam designs. Nothing.

This new beast-mode Astray, though, looks pretty cool. Its feet make me think that its got a shared heritage with the Astray Mirage Frame, or at least its Gladiator mode.
Old 2009-11-02, 11:23   Link #15322
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Question:What's the average time does it take to complete a HG kit without any painting, linings or sanding?[The building process strictly]

I know that it differs greatly with different people with different kits,and some people paint or line before they build and all that,but I want to know a rough average estimation for the building process alone,if that is anybody here has one.Any input is appreciated.
It really all depends on the kit itself and your determination to make it look the best. It takes me anywhere from 2-4 hours.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 12:01   Link #15323
kakakka

Ah, I'm really slow. My fastest was 7 hours

I never tried to make my models into one go though.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 12:12   Link #15324
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

I'm exactly the same way. A couple months ago I bought the 00 1/144 gundam designer colors. It took me around 5-6 hours because i wanted it to be cleaned and lined. I'm also in no rush either.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 15:07   Link #15325
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
This new beast-mode Astray, though, looks pretty cool. Its feet make me think that its got a shared heritage with the Astray Mirage Frame, or at least its Gladiator mode.
Um...that's because it IS the Mirage Frame.
Old 2009-11-02, 15:38   Link #15326
Dynamite

God dang.

This boxart is really swaying me...

I know its looks kinda lame if you stare at it for a bit, because its just standing there. But it looks super cool in some weird way...

Have to say, best PG boxart out there. I mean, I wouldn't mind just displaying the box. The kit could be a piece of junk, but the box deserve like a frame.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 15:53   Link #15327
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

Don't feel so bad about being slow, it takes me about 3 to 4 months to finish one. But that isn't a fast build.. I should go and buy a 1/44 scale and not do anything to it and see what i get for time.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 19:25   Link #15328
Amber.Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
God dang.

I know its looks kinda lame if you stare at it for a bit, because its just standing there. But it looks super cool in some weird way...

Have to say, best PG boxart out there. I mean, I wouldn't mind just displaying the box. The kit could be a piece of junk, but the box deserve like a frame.
I like Ver. Ka boxes: nice, clean, elegant.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 19:27   Link #15329
Amber.Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
hhmmm..metallic hguc Nu gundam/Sazabi coming....are you getting?(personally i find it looks a lot better than MG counterpart)
Possibly, although I've yet to finish my current models, and I'm a bit low on cash.
Old 2009-11-02, 21:58   Link #15330
aardvark

Quote:
God dang.

Its like Bandai is rubbing salt in the wounds, considering that the kit apparently cant even pose the Raiser wings like on that cover
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 23:41   Link #15331
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Its like Bandai is rubbing salt in the wounds, considering that the kit apparently cant even pose the Raiser wings like on that cover
Man I'm tired of this crap...

First of all, nobody has the kit yet. Stop second guessing it.

Second of all, this is THE most complex PG ever made. Its not just a frame on a articulated skeleton. So its bound to have problems.

Third of all, the kit that even comes close to having this type of "technology" is the PG Wing Zero Custom. It had its share of problems too, especially for its wings. Why? They're too heavy. Clearly the exact same problem that this kit *will* have.

There is seriously no way that this kit would be able to support a fully articulate Raiser. Bandai can come out with amazing technology and gimmicks, but they can't defy physics.

I mean, if you really wanted an articulated Raiser, just modify it yourself. What you're going to balance the thing on is up to you.
Old 2009-11-03, 00:23   Link #15332
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Man I'm tired of this crap...

First of all, nobody has the kit yet. Stop second guessing it.

Second of all, this is THE most complex PG ever made. Its not just a frame on a articulated skeleton. So its bound to have problems.
a fully complete PG 00 model was completed by a modeller (he owns his own hobby shop) a few weeks ago (check NK blog), the pics that he took show that the wings on the raiser can't rotate at all which drastically reduces its poseability. i dont want to start an argument here, but before you accuse others, you should make sure that you are right yourself . this was also discussed in detail a few pages back in this thread.

however i do agree with u that PG 00 raiser is bound to have problems, but looking at the price tag of 25000 yen, we expect it to be 'Perfect', so the fact that it can't support the o-raiser wings is quite dissapointing... that was the reason that i'm not gonna get the kit... shame really, would of looked kickass in my living room
Old 2009-11-03, 00:43   Link #15333
Dynamite

Oh thats laughable.

Where was I wrong? Nobody has the kit yet. The store owner only released pictures. A picture could say a thousand words, but how many of them are lies or misconceptions?

Plus, a store owner having it is the equivalent of saying Bandai has one. Of course he has one. But is he going to anything substantial to inform us? No. So does it matter whether he has one or not? No.

So until dalong gets one, again, don't pass judgment on it.

Also, "Perfect Grades" are far from perfect. Thats like expecting a Navy Seal to be a seal. Its just a name. Just like how Master grade isn't built for Masters and I don't need a gram of hash to build a High Grade.
Old 2009-11-03, 00:50   Link #15334
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Oh thats laughable.

Where was I wrong? Nobody has the kit yet. The store owner only released pictures. A picture could say a thousand words, but how many of them are lies or misconceptions?

Plus, a store owner having it is the equivalent of saying Bandai has one. Of course he has one. But is he going to anything substantial to inform us? No. So does it matter whether he has one or not? No.

So until dalong gets one, again, don't pass judgment on it.

Also, "Perfect Grades" are far from perfect. Thats like expecting a Navy Seal to be a seal. Its just a name. Just like how Master grade isn't built for Masters and I don't need a gram of hash to build a High Grade.
Why would a store owner lie about this? This is a negative thing, he is helping the gundam fans make an informed decision. It doesnt benefit him at all by doing this, if anything it might even hurt his sales
Old 2009-11-03, 00:55   Link #15335
Amber.Dawn

The things is, consumers expect Bandai to put more effort into the PG 00, given its price tag. If it were cheaper, I'm sure people would more readily accept it.

We expect to get what we pay for.
Old 2009-11-03, 01:02   Link #15336
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
Why would a store owner lie about this? This is a negative thing, he is helping the gundam fans make an informed decision. It doesnt benefit him at all by doing this, if anything it might even hurt his sales
Which is why I included "misconceptions" in there.

Again, until dalong gets it, I really don't care enough nor would I pass judgment on it. I don't plan to build one, but I already pre-ordered a small stock for my store. And quite honestly, being a retailer, if I had this kit, I wouldn't be so quick to release this information. As far as I'm concerned, this store owner clearly didn't consider his losses in doing this, or considered how big a deal Gunota would make of this.

So, bad move on his part. Hopefully none of my customers catch onto this news...lol.
Old 2009-11-03, 01:09   Link #15337
kakakka

Quote:
And quite honestly, being a retailer, if I had this kit, I wouldn't be so quick to release this information.
It was hyped, though, so early information is a must...I think.

Quote:
Hopefully none of my customers catch onto this news...lol.
It's easy to get info in the web.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 01:15   Link #15338
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
The things is, consumers expect Bandai to put more effort into the PG 00, given its price tag. If it were cheaper, I'm sure people would more readily accept it.

We expect to get what we pay for.
And since when was there a model of this capacity? I don't see them going around making Strike Freedom PG's. Why? Because thats unfathomable.

I'm 110% surprised they even attempted the 00, let alone plan to release it. I thought they would make an Exia PG and make a 00 MG, which would be a brilliant move.

Just look at the majority of the previous PG's. The one that sticks right out is the Wing Zero Custom, because it isn't the same-old RX-78-esque model. But the Wing Zero kinda failed, with its heavy wings and loose joints.

So Bandai got smart this time around. They knew that they couldn't defy physics (and no, the Kshatriya gimmick wouldn't work on this scale), and they knew that customers would be HIGHLY displeased with the kit if they tried to pose the 0 Raiser and have it droop or even drop.

So rather than have that happen, or create the idea that they need a custom stand to do certain poses, Bandai just took out a "feature". So not too many people are displeased and would one day come to accept it, making it a success over time.

But if there was just a huge influx of rants, then nobody would ever buy it.

Great marketing, I'd say.
Old 2009-11-03, 01:26   Link #15339
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
And since when was there a model of this capacity? I don't see them going around making Strike Freedom PG's. Why? Because thats unfathomable.

I'm 110% surprised they even attempted the 00, let alone plan to release it. I thought they would make an Exia PG and make a 00 MG, which would be a brilliant move.

Just look at the majority of the previous PG's. The one that sticks right out is the Wing Zero Custom, because it isn't the same-old RX-78-esque model. But the Wing Zero kinda failed, with its heavy wings and loose joints.

So Bandai got smart this time around. They knew that they couldn't defy physics (and no, the Kshatriya gimmick wouldn't work on this scale), and they knew that customers would be HIGHLY displeased with the kit if they tried to pose the 0 Raiser and have it droop or even drop.

So rather than have that happen, or create the idea that they need a custom stand to do certain poses, Bandai just took out a "feature". So not too many people are displeased and would one day come to accept it, making it a success over time.

But if there was just a huge influx of rants, then nobody would ever buy it.

Great marketing, I'd say.
I was thinking that they'd make both Exia and 00 MGs, but then the movie came along. My guess is they decided to make 00 a PG because they're probably going to make a MG 00 Quanta, and if there's a MG 00 Raiser as well, it wouldn't sell very well.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 02:09   Link #15340
Saga_CE

Quote:
You are wrong. Sekita released pictures with arrows describing the articulations (Dalong-like) as well as textual explanations.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/gachi_muchi_...s/1153750.html
http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/...imitation.html

So, please, cut the crap.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy