AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-25, 21:33   Link #11021
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Ali is 12th? People just can't appreciate greatness.
Well, his greatness waned a bit as season 2 went on, with not one but two pilots able to match him in skill.

And then he, y'know, died.
Old 2010-09-25, 21:52   Link #11022
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, his greatness waned a bit as season 2 went on, with not one but two pilots able to match him in skill.

And then he, y'know, died.
I was joking. I'm a fan of Ali but I didn't realistically expect him to in the top 5 or even top 10.
Old 2010-09-25, 22:04   Link #11023
bio9205
Reborn

At least Neil is number 2.

I can't understand why Hallelujah's isn't in Top 10 and why the hell is Patrick ranked higher than Tieria. TIERIA IS AWESOME.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 22:07   Link #11024
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post

I can't understand why Hallelujah's isn't in Top 10 and why the hell is Patrick ranked higher than Tieria. TIERIA IS AWESOME.
Hallelujah would probably have been in the top 10 had he appeared more in season 2. I really don't understand the love for Patrick.
Old 2010-09-25, 22:17   Link #11025
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hallelujah "died". Patrick can't.
Old 2010-09-25, 22:27   Link #11026
GundamFan

I'm pleasntly surprised Patrick did as well as he did, also shocked Kati lost to Saji and barely beat out Haro.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 15:47   Link #11027
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Hallelujah "died". Patrick can't.
He's beyond blessed.
Old 2010-09-27, 00:25   Link #11028
DangerMouse

Great to see Sumeragi getting a lot of well deserved support!

Hmm, I also expected Feldt and Marina to be swapped, not only do we always hear how popular Feldt is but she was actually pretty great and put through so much especially at the end of S1 and her development through both seasons was quite good for a non-commander bridge character, which usually get minimal screen time, so I think she'd be the more endearing with all that stuff we saw her go through post S2 and leading into the movie, maybe she usually is just not on this ranking.

Man, not that it's surprising but Marie really must have brought Soma down with her, I thought I remember her being quite high up in the rankings when she was kicking ass with the great Sergei, not really surprising though since she did indeed wane for a while, which also likely brought Al/Hal down, until she re-captured some of her Soma side later on.

Setsuna's expected, I really liked his character as a lead.

Neil's still a total hit this long after S1, they really did a great job on him so Lyle getting 6 is actually not shabby at all, Lyle had a good season and a pretty great finish at the end, I think he was better than a lot of people were expecting.

That's true, Tieria was surprisingly great, I can't remember for sure but aside from learning about his secrets, I think he was actually one of the ones I was worried about how interesting he'd be at the beginning LOL.

Yeah, even with only minutes of screen time towards the end Hal's that close to the top 10, he totally would have broken into it if he'd have come back earlier.

Still gotta admit Al/Hal being so low still is kinda surprising even if he took a back seat for a while after they did a large portion of his story early in S2, it weakened his popularity a little more than I expected.

LOL, Haro was great again in S2 but he probably scored higher in S1 with the extra amount of lovable scenes like the one near the water on that beach/island, not to mention the utterly powerful scene of him coming back with the wrecked Dynames...it'll be hard to forget that scene even for a long time to come.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2010-09-27 at 00:36.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 01:21   Link #11029
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

See, I actually like Marie MUCH better than Soma. I honestly wanted one of the Meisters to kill her ass dead until the Marie personality emerged.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 02:25   Link #11030
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
See, I actually like Marie MUCH better than Soma. I honestly wanted one of the Meisters to kill her ass dead until the Marie personality emerged.
I hated Soma in S1. Hallelujah described her well - a bitch. But towards the end of the Season where her relationship with Sergei started to emerged, I started to like her better. And in S2 with Marie, I guess she's one of the better characters. I especially LOVE the scene in S2 where Anew kidnaps Mileina and only Soma was the one who could sense her. Then the mini showdown and gun-pointing between the female QBW users. Loved it when Anew insulted Soma's level of QBW.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 09:16   Link #11031
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
the shocker news is that Patrick is in the top 5 plus Al and Hal can't make it to the top ten
Patrick is really entertaining and honest. and he's a simple guy, so that makes him likable. And he can be brave when the call comes for it. We've seen it a few times in the series and yet not too over the top. All series needs this type of lighthearted character within a cast of series character.

Quote:

He was sidelined in S2 and that sort of killed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I'm pleasntly surprised Patrick did as well as he did, also shocked Kati lost to Saji and barely beat out Haro.
Saji wasnt one of my favourites until the movie, and looking back at the series as a whole and personally I think he played an important role as the normal civilian getting caught in the midst of things, and his story and Louise entangles each other really well, with the movie as the best climax of their storyline.

I'm actually surprised Tiera scored so low actually. Not surprised about Setsuna, he plays the lead character well the entire series, especially in the movie IMO with what he goes through.
Old 2010-09-27, 17:19   Link #11032
DangerMouse

Quote:
I hated Soma in S1. Hallelujah described her well - a bitch. But towards the end of the Season where her relationship with Sergei started to emerged, I started to like her better. And in S2 with Marie, I guess she's one of the better characters. I especially LOVE the scene in S2 where Anew kidnaps Mileina and only Soma was the one who could sense her. Then the mini showdown and gun-pointing between the female QBW users. Loved it when Anew insulted Soma's level of QBW.
I liked all of her different arcs but I was more interested in Soma after all that growth and while her being somewhat of a bitch may have been a little annoying directly relating to her character I loved the growth she got over time with Sergei so I liked her quite a bit during that arc and Marie was good adding the next layer, my favorites were definitely her towards the end of S1 with Sergei and towards the end of S2 bringing it all together where she was a bit of both.

Agreed, loved those two scenes during Anew's escape.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2010-09-27 at 18:50.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 19:34   Link #11033
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Hmm, I also expected Feldt and Marina to be swapped, not only do we always hear how popular Feldt is but she was actually pretty great and put through so much especially at the end of S1 and her development through both seasons was quite good for a non-commander bridge character, which usually get minimal screen time, so I think she'd be the more endearing with all that stuff we saw her go through post S2 and leading into the movie, maybe she usually is just not on this ranking.
Spoiler:

That's from last month's Gundam Ace.

As you can see, they were indeed swapped (Feldt = 9 & Marina = 10).

Note that the Gundam franchise popularity poll was from the same issue, and Feldt was one of the most popular characters there. Which probably means that people who like Sumeragi and Marina in 00 like other females in the Gundam metaseries more, whereas Feldt fans don't.

(btw gotta love the commentaries for Sumeragi & Feldt in the pic above)
Old 2010-09-30, 13:41   Link #11034
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Patrick is really entertaining and honest. and he's a simple guy, so that makes him likable. And he can be brave when the call comes for it. We've seen it a few times in the series and yet not too over the top. All series needs this type of lighthearted character within a cast of series character.
He was also a pretty good pilot not on the same level as Graham or Ali or anything but his skills do seem to be above average.

Quote:
Saji wasnt one of my favourites until the movie, and looking back at the series as a whole and personally I think he played an important role as the normal civilian getting caught in the midst of things, and his story and Louise entangles each other really well, with the movie as the best climax of their storyline.
Saji wasn't one of my favorites during the series either although I think he did serve the role well of a civilan caught up in a war and I also liked that unlike in past series he wasn't the pilot of the main Gundam and served more of a support role when he was caught up in the fighting it added bit more realism to it.

The one I really can't figure out is Wang Liu Mei how she got 20 spot over Lasse Aeon I mean sure Lasse didn't add that much to the series but he was alot better supporting role character then she was. And the way they dragged it out about why Wang Liu Mei was supporting CB just to have such a stupid reason for it.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:46   Link #11035
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
The one I really can't figure out is Wang Liu Mei how she got 20 spot over Lasse Aeon I mean sure Lasse didn't add that much to the series but he was alot better supporting role character then she was. And the way they dragged it out about why Wang Liu Mei was supporting CB just to have such a stupid reason for it.
I agree Lasse was a better supporting character but Liu Mei was better eye-candy.
Old 2010-10-01, 10:18   Link #11036
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

She was good eye candy, especially in S2.
Old 2010-10-01, 10:23   Link #11037
kakakka

Many liked her more in S1. She was compared to Alejandro Corner, image-wise, in S2.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 05:03   Link #11038
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com...drama.html?m=1

During the recent RE:Vision event, a stage play adaptation of Gundam 00 was announced. This will debut on February 2019.

Also apparently they also a teased a short clip of a new Gundam 00 story of sorts. No clue what format the new story will be though or what is it about.
Old 2018-04-15, 06:02   Link #11039
Scorpiopt

Somehow Graham aker survived and is now part ELS and a member of celestial being .
Also new exia repair and dynames .

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com...stival-10.html
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 10:24   Link #11040
KPSJ

Please let feldt still be the main love
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers