AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-01, 10:44   Link #81
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

That was something to watch, if you like over the top giant robot action you got to see this

I hope (as hinted in the OP) that we 'll see more of Scarlet, i quite liked her design despite her brief apparence.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 11:39   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah it's good over the top fun. Really like how the heavy metal image fits with the action and score, works rather well.

Glad it's only three episodes. It's really all we need.

Oh and Nobuyuki Hiyama was awesome.
Old 2011-01-01, 21:44   Link #83
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
That was something to watch, if you like over the top giant robot action you got to see this

I hope (as hinted in the OP) that we 'll see more of Scarlet, i quite liked her design despite her brief apparence.
But she's quite dead.

I'm interested in what's up with Yuki. That little scene in the OP was interesting.
Old 2011-01-02, 00:04   Link #84
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Seeing it's only a 3 eps OVA, it's no surprise that they kill people left and right as soon as possible. I'm not holding my hope for Scarlet.

Still, there is no sight of Wingle in the preview, so I think maybe they decide to give it a "final episode appearance" instead.

I was going "Ryuusei" when I see those Psycho Gear girls .
Old 2011-01-02, 01:29   Link #85
Chase

haha that was just awesome. Mazinkaiser pretty damn agile and Ken and Ryo are bat shit level.lol. I didn't expect Scarlet to get killed that quickly but overall i was very entertained by this anime. Can't wait for the next episode.
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2011-01-02 at 01:45.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 01:50   Link #86
TGNail
Parody Monster

Can't wait for the next OVA, it's pure epic awesomeness. My expectations were pretty low considering there isn't Koji Kabuto, but man was I wrong.

I couldn't help but noticing if it's a jab at the Street Fighter series, but Ken Kaido = Close-combat Master and Ryu Magami = Range Master.
Old 2011-01-02, 05:06   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There's nothing like a good over-the-top super robot show to start off the year. This OVA totally delivered. The gunfu turned out to be quite awesome.

Such a shame Scarlet got killed off so soon. She was freaking amazing! "Brace your sphincters for action, you bastards!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh and Nobuyuki Hiyama was awesome.
Isn't he always?
Old 2011-01-02, 12:01   Link #88
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Seeing it's only a 3 eps OVA, it's no surprise that they kill people left and right as soon as possible. I'm not holding my hope for Scarlet.

Still, there is no sight of Wingle in the preview, so I think maybe they decide to give it a "final episode appearance" instead.

I was going "Ryuusei" when I see those Psycho Gear girls .
But I thought I saw it in the OP. Maybe Yuki's the new pilot of Wingle.
Old 2011-01-02, 13:31   Link #89
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But she's quite dead.

I'm interested in what's up with Yuki. That little scene in the OP was interesting.
But you have to remember that

Quote:
Captain Scarlet is Indestructable.
So it may not matter
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 13:51   Link #90
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

never watch mazinkaiser series before
want to try this but afraid that i wont understand the story

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 14:12   Link #91
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
But you have to remember that

<snip Scarlett theme>

So it may not matter
Her head was barely attached to her body (or at the least she's slumped over, helmet filled with blood, blood on the head rest, blood on her chest) and Yuki said she was dead. Plus she and her ship are at the bottom of the ocean. That's as good as dead to me unless something else happens in the next 2 eps.
Old 2011-01-02, 14:19   Link #92
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
Ive never watched it, i don't think you need prior knowledge after reading the synopsis and watching the ova. The way things flowed in the ova, it wasn't hard to understand whats going on after watching a few time. Safe to watch imo.
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2011-01-02 at 14:34.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 14:45   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
It's a brand new story. You don't need any knowledge about the franchise to enjoy SKL.
Old 2011-01-02, 14:52   Link #94
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I haven't watched a single Mazinger since the 1990s, and I can't believe that it has become a robot breast-groping and limb-ripping anime. Maybe the animators are making sure that it is growing up with the generation that watched it?

Though I am glad that now SKL has a harder touch to it given how demonic the first Mazinger robot actually looked. The gun-fu, along with the signature hammer-to-hammer stance, is copied directly from Equilibrium (no not Noel from Blazblue, SHE copied from the movie too). The last part where the Breast Trigger dropped the magazines on the ground the jumped on it to reload is copied from the movie too.

And I loved their ending phrase : We are hell!

There should be a background story to how SKL came about. It is going to seem so boring without it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 15:05   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I haven't watched a single Mazinger since the 1990s, and I can't believe that it has become a robot breast-groping and limb-ripping anime. Maybe the animators are making sure that it is growing up with the generation that watched it?
Not really. Go Nagai's works have always been quite violent and explicit (ewww, naked Ashura). It's just that they used to tone down that aspect in the TV anime adaptations.
Old 2011-01-02, 15:33   Link #96
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not really. Go Nagai's works have always been quite violent and explicit (ewww, naked Ashura). It's just that they used to tone down that aspect in the TV anime adaptations.
Though I wished it was much longer. 30 minutes of pure carnage isn't enough, I demand at least 1 hour worth like Unicorn!

I wonder if they bowdlerised the part where Kiba's robot was sliced into half. It is simply chopped down from its shoulderblade and just.....exploded? I was hoping for something like him blocking the Ganzantou with his hands just right above his cockpit, then the blade pressure coming down on him and mulching that guy, like how his subordinate got stepped on by SKL.

From the OP and ED, it seems that there will be a conflict between Ken and Ryo in the last episode. Can't wait for that in a twist of events!

Though this anime is meant to be a huge testorofest for guys, I wonder if any girls will actually watch it since Ryo is a Bishie.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-01-02, 16:58   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Though this anime is meant to be a huge testorofest for guys, I wonder if any girls will actually watch it since Ryo is a Bishie.
The main pair are easily yaoi material. SKL will have a female audience.
Old 2011-01-03, 01:08   Link #98
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But I thought I saw it in the OP. Maybe Yuki's the new pilot of Wingle.
Well, she did pilot the capsule on Wingle's head, so I think she will be the one who pilot the Wingle.
Old 2011-01-03, 02:28   Link #99
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The main pair are easily yaoi material. SKL will have a female audience.
So you mean Ken will be the uke?

Wait, this is unthinkable! Disgusting! It can't be that their "switch over" is taking turns at each other!

Old 2011-01-03, 04:42   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Wait, this is unthinkable! Disgusting! It can't be that their "switch over" is taking turns at each other!
Hey you're the one that said it.