AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 27 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 18.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 20.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 21.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 9.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-30, 14:45   Link #21
urusai

I've got mixed feelings about this episode. The magical fight was entertaining (and they did use あかいくつ偽) but the rest of the episode was lukewarm. No tension, no atmosphere. At least they started cutting material instead of cramming everything in (which would've made it worse).
Old 2009-09-30, 14:46   Link #22
MarthX

Aside from the music choice, I thought the meta battle was well done.
Old 2009-09-30, 14:58   Link #23
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Aside from the music choice, I thought the meta battle was well done.
Exactly, suspicion ruins the athmosphere and destroy all the hype i really hate that bgm now thanks to deen, core is 100 times better than suspicion, i missed dread of the grave more fear in that scene is a shame because it was very well done all the discuccion.

I really like the magic fight.
Old 2009-09-30, 14:59   Link #24
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
I thought the episode was quite good, after I looked up what they had to cram into it. Yes of course some things were missing and I hope they will be fit into the next episode, but there's no way of telling they won't until we see the preview.

In the end everything that HAD to be in to make it good was in...and I felt quite a lot of atmosphere I must say...only the meta-battle could have used a little bit more tension, but well, maybe we haven't reached that part yet.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:02   Link #25
MarthX

When this series is finished, someone should really replace the tracks with the right ones then release it. Get everyone to download that version instead.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:03   Link #26
NeoWorm

I dont like what I saw on the screens, mecha warriors looks awful. But urge to grab pitchfork and torch and burn Deen down is not strong enough yet. I will wait for sub.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:06   Link #27
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthx View Post
someone should really replace the tracks with the right ones then release it.
that would be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =)
Old 2009-09-30, 15:17   Link #28
Evy

About the gold: they do say an ingot is about 10kg, but I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the anime (since I've only watched raws).

Spoiler for Thoughts:

I give this one a six. Here's to hoping next week's episode will be better.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:20   Link #29
MarthX

Going by the preview, I knew how much material they would cover in this episode and I knew that something would have to be cut.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-30, 15:21   Link #30
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evy View Post
About the gold: they do say an ingot is about 10kg, but I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the anime (since I've only watched raws).

Spoiler for Thoughts:

I give this one a six. Here's to hoping next week's episode will be better.
Speaking of the animation and Hideyoshi being short. Am I the only one who thinks they make Rosa a bit too short sometimes?

In one scene she was nearly dwarfed by Kyrie... keep in mind that Rosa wears heels and Kyrie doesn't.
Earlier they made Rosa a bit shorter than Shannon.

Not that Rosa can't be short or anything, I just find the heights of the characters to be a little (or VERY) off sometimes. ^^;

Old 2009-09-30, 15:22   Link #31
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Eeehhh, the episode was okay.

I'm neither ecstatic nor disgusted about the episode, but I guess you can say that I'm a little disappointing considering DEEN was doing pretty good up until now. Don't know if I can exactly say it's their fault or anything, but the episode as a whole felt pretty hollow when it was supposed to be one of the most exciting episodes yet. The magic fight was well done, but it flew by in the blink of an eye like Rosa Musou did. That's not a negative hit towards the episode, but it felt like it was over before I even had a chance to soak it in.

More specifically, I'm quite surprised that they decided to omit the Epitaph discussion all together. They replaced it with a lengthy meta-battle, which in turn felt lackluster thanks to DEEN's whoring of the Suspicioni track yet again. So do they hate DoTG or just love Suspicion? I can't tell. Ah well, since Ryukishi's is apparently overlooking the anime, does that mean the discussion itself was unimportant or what? Seems a little strange to me.

And really, what the hell came out of Beato's mouth when she got pierced by the spears? I want someone to look at me with a straight face and tell me that was blood, because it looked like an alien.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:25   Link #32
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Eeehhh, the episode was okay.

I'm neither ecstatic nor disgusted about the episode, but I guess you can say that I'm a little disappointing considering DEEN was doing pretty good up until now. Don't know if I can exactly say it's their fault or anything, but the Episode as a whole felt pretty hollow when it was supposed to be one of the most exciting episodes yet. The magic fight was well done, but it flew by in the blink of an eye like Rosa Musou did. That's not a negative hit towards the episode, but it felt like it was over before I even had a chance to soak it in.

More specifically, I'm quite surprised that they decided to omit the Epitaph discussion all together. They replaced it with a lengthy meta-battle, which in turn felt lackluster thanks to DEEN's whoring of the Suspicioni track yet again. So do they hate DoTG or just love Suspicions? I can't tell. Ah well, since Ryukishi's is apparently overlooking the anime, does that mean the discussion itself was unimportant or what? Seems a little strange to me.

And really, what the hell came out of Beato's mouth when she got pierced by the spears? I want someone to look at me with a straight face and tell me that was blood, because it looked like an alien.
Yeah I know what you mean. (Especially about the magic fight. It wasn't badly done, but it was hella fast.)

And that was not blood... I don't know what the heck it was, but when I first saw that scene (and a screenshot on 2ch), I thought "wtf is that? O_o; ". Alien indeed. ._.;

Old 2009-09-30, 15:34   Link #33
Volcanic
fire of fires

Not a bad episode....

Spoiler for Review:
Old 2009-09-30, 15:51   Link #34
tcaz2

Really disappointed with this episode.

It wasn't horrible like some of Episode 2's episodes, but it was close enough to it.

Don't feel like going on a rant right now, so I'll just say 5/10 for what really should have been much higher if they did it right.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:53   Link #35
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
it looked like a sponge to me. XD

how can anime-only watchers solve the epitaph when the scenes look like that. in vn we at least got some clues, but now "omg sweetfish! shore! shore!" and yay she solved it.
and the music used would make the most epic moment boring, why do they cram it everywhere it's possible.
Old 2009-09-30, 15:57   Link #36
Marion
The Great Dine

Good episode but ONE major thing was left out.

Spoiler for Review:
Old 2009-09-30, 16:03   Link #37
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler for Review:
I lol'd.

ALSO: (can't believe I forgot this) Beato's "OOOH BATORA" made me squee. xDD
Old 2009-09-30, 16:11   Link #38
Guignol

Is it me or did Highschool!Eva's voice actress change When she was first introduced, it seemed more high pitch and cuter...
Old 2009-09-30, 16:20   Link #39
MarthX

Sounded the same to me.
Old 2009-09-30, 16:27   Link #40
Workworkwork

-No Dread of the Grave-More Fear. My guess is they won't bust out Dread of the Grave-More Rhythm either.
-DEEN is bad at consistent proportions.

I'm crying at this episode's pacing, but in all honesty, it was to be expected. As I may have mentioned, I wanted it to be even faster .

But to all those who think that the anime is an actual "guide" for SN players-Remember Yakusamashi-hen? Who's to say what's happened ism't just the equivalent of "Yeah, your oversight is cool and all, but we'll save that for a filler arc"?

After all, it -is- trying to sell on its own merits and not as an adaptation. My guess is they'll put in more explanations and hints like the Epitaph in an anime-only arc.
Closed Thread