AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 12:25   Link #4341
Yesman
PMS Avenger

So, more missiles? We already know that Pro is superior to Heavyarms, but is that it?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 13:03   Link #4342
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well,the body looks to actually be somewhat different from the Heavyarms Kai judging from the silhouette. The same basic concept perhaps (splitting chest doors still there), but the silhouette shows that the change to the Prometheus is a lot more drastic than from Heavyarms to Heavyarms Kai.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 13:03   Link #4343
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

It took me a good two minutes to make out that that cross-gatling is HUGE. But what is the stuff below the missile pads that pan out to the right?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 13:35   Link #4344
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
It took me a good two minutes to make out that that cross-gatling is HUGE. But what is the stuff below the missile pads that pan out to the right?
looks like some backpack/weaponsplatform. This thing will be a beast until it runs out of ammo
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 13:43   Link #4345
Tendou Souji

That thing looks beastly and amazing.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 14:40   Link #4346
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
If Unicorn never had an anime adaptation, I doubt that I would take someone named Full Frontal seriously imo, even if he is a Char clone. Either way, adapting FT into anime would probably simplify things.
He's a Clone Of Char. Think about it. Full Frontal makes sense.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 16:12   Link #4347
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Remind me to this

Spoiler for Gungrave:

but functionality wise probably closer to this

Spoiler for Punisher:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
So, more missiles? We already know that Pro is superior to Heavyarms, but is that it?
well this is HEAVY assault type gundam. More Missile and and machine pretty much what people expected from HA evolutionary line

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 17:25   Link #4348
Aldaeus

I agree the body looks slightly different, the chest seems to slope back at the top and actually has some angles to it, the second thing I noticed, is it looks like it doesn't have front skirt armor. As well as possibly longer side-skirts can't really make that region out too well but on the one side it looks longer... (Freedom type skirt armor being collapsible guns?)
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:00   Link #4349
Sommer
Hobbit

Moar pics
Spoiler for Cool gurlz:

Spoiler for Stuff:
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:06   Link #4350
FalsePrime

The ladies look good. That and it still shocks me how much better they are able to make Relena look given the medium and how rigid/bad she was in the anime.

Also, please for the love of god tell me that isn't Milliardo tryign to shake Kid Heero's hand.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:10   Link #4351
Sommer
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
The ladies look good. That and it still shocks me how much better they are able to make Relena look given the medium and how rigid/bad she was in the anime.

Also, please for the love of god tell me that isn't Milliardo tryign to shake Kid Heero's hand.
LOL yeah, the dudes look way more pretty than the girls in the anime.
That boy is Ving Krushrenada
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:12   Link #4352
FalsePrime

Thank god.

Im quite happy to be wrong this time. I was afraid Sumizawa was going to try and retcon some Kira/Athrun shit in their despite Heero/Milliardo's age.
Old 2012-05-26, 05:48   Link #4353
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Im quite happy to be wrong this time. I was afraid Sumizawa was going to try and retcon some Kira/Athrun shit in their despite Heero/Milliardo's age.
I don't think he'd sink that low ...would he?

But it's still sort of a retcon. Heero tells Zechs before their duel in Antarctica that he has never shaken anyone's hand before. And here we have Vingt doing exactly that.
Ah well, maybe the self-destruction affected Heero's memory.

I also fully expect Relena to kick Heero's behind now since he totally killed her dad. In fact, her seeking him out for that reason makes much more sense than what was going on in the series (at first at least). She has to pull a gun on someone, after all.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 08:45   Link #4354
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Just because his hand is outstretched doesn't mean Heero accepts it :P

So this title is Humiliation at Baikal? Huh... Baikal... refers to the lake in Russia? :S
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 14:52   Link #4355
FalsePrime

Quote:

But it's still sort of a retcon. Heero tells Zechs before their duel in Antarctica that he has never shaken anyone's hand before. And here we have Vingt doing exactly that.

I also fully expect Relena to kick Heero's behind now since he totally killed her dad. In fact, her seeking him out for that reason makes much more sense than what was going on in the series (at first at least). She has to pull a gun on someone, after all.
Well alot of the drama, love triangles and other story elements really feels like he is trying to add a dash of SEED/Destiny to the Wing mix, or at least that is how it has felt to me so I jumped ahead of myself a bit there. Just the kids, the hand out stretched and paper bird really made me think SEED.

Relena is looking surprisingly boss in that outfit. Granted the black and white of the manga really helps it, but the black outfit and gloves really makes her look alot more powerful/scary then she was in the original colors.
Old 2012-05-26, 15:29   Link #4356
Ferhb

Quote:

Maybe that's why they changed the story? To make her less lame and more badass?
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 16:27   Link #4357
Eeni

Quote:
That's if Sumizawa has Relena realize that it was because of Heero's fault that her father is now with the deads...

HEERO! COME BACK AND KILL ME!

As for the black dress, I figured it's just her morning for her father. Funny how it's pretty much her blue birthday dress ^^

Wait a minute... Duo made it into St. Gabriel's, and the uniform is different! LOL!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-05-26 at 16:48.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 17:45   Link #4358
Morniel_Moonlit

That should not be St. Gabriel, it should the school Heero and Duo attended in Singapore where they have a mission to attack an offshore OZ/Alliance Base. I believe they attend this school until the mission regarding the Taurus Space suits and to Heero's destruction of the Wing Gundam.

Sorry if I sound rude, been doing my own work (AKA Fanfiction /hides) so been re-watching the series and movies like crazy to make sure I have facts straight... *goes to double check*
Morniel_Moonlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 00:27   Link #4359
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morniel_Moonlit View Post
That should not be St. Gabriel, it should the school Heero and Duo attended in Singapore where they have a mission to attack an offshore OZ/Alliance Base. I believe they attend this school until the mission regarding the Taurus Space suits and to Heero's destruction of the Wing Gundam.

Sorry if I sound rude, been doing my own work (AKA Fanfiction /hides) so been re-watching the series and movies like crazy to make sure I have facts straight... *goes to double check*
LOL! I know it shouldn't be St. Gabriel's Academy, but I believe that's what it saids on the upper right of the first page where Duo is introducing himself. They're at St. Gabriel, and Duo is a new student there, and the school suddenly decided to change their uniform.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 13:31   Link #4360
Morniel_Moonlit

oops... knew I should have stayed quiet... I a, really bad with languages so reading that is pretty impossible for me. I simply can not read what it said.
Morniel_Moonlit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing