AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-06-01, 18:03   Link #1961
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
shocku! so you mean we will get to see the previous owner of Alastor :O *melts into a pool of moeness*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 18:08   Link #1962
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan View Post
Ok that really pissed me off, I'm really tired about puting Bleach as the greatest and Shakugan like a little clone

Sorry Bleach fans but Bleach sucks (in my opinion)
Well to be fair, each has their good points

But I would choose SnS over Bleach any day...

Why? Because Shana is a great character
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 18:31   Link #1963
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

The prequel sounds cool and thanks for the greeting ^^
Hazelshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 19:39   Link #1964
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Anyone know what the Shakugan no Shana Movie is about? I'm kind of curious regarding that.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 19:49   Link #1965
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

it's just a remake of the friagne arc....
Old 2007-06-01, 21:40   Link #1966
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Now I'm interested in the prequel. From the images, it certainly does look interesting...And the only human-looking dude there with the monsters will probably be the Rainbow Wing.

Wilhelmina and Mathilda fighting alongside each other...
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 22:53   Link #1967
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
No Shana to tell people the many reasons why they suck including Baka, Baka, Baka and Baka though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 22:55   Link #1968
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

You think the prequel stuff will be included in season 2 of series?
Old 2007-06-01, 23:16   Link #1969
cangri21
Banned

ok im relatively new to all this hence the series ive seen are all passed and this first series im talking before so can anyone calmly explain what the is with this prequel that everyone seems to get but im just dazed and confused.
cangri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 23:48   Link #1970
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangri21 View Post
ok im relatively new to all this hence the series ive seen are all passed and this first series im talking before so can anyone calmly explain what the is with this prequel that everyone seems to get but im just dazed and confused.
The Shana anime was based originally on (adapted from) a series of novels. In addition to the anime, they've also made Shana manga based on those same books (the translated first volumes of both the novel and the manga are now available in bookstores). One of the novels (apparently it's Volume 10) was set before the beginning of the Shana/Yuuji story (so, a prequel), and now apparently they're making a manga based on that as well. This doesn't really have anything to do with the anime, though (that we know of), and probably should have been posted in the novel & manga thread instead. In terms of the anime, there will be a sequel TV series coming soon, but there's a seperate thread for that as well. They also recently released an animated movie that re-told the story of the first novel (first few episodes of the anime). That's a lot of info, but I hope that clarifies things... Shana is, in short, a very popular franchise with lots of different permutations.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-06-02 at 09:23. Reason: Thanks to Devard for the correction
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 00:50   Link #1971
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

Man wish I could read all the SnS light novels, sadly I live in Canada so only got the first one

p.s. I can't read Japanese either xD
Old 2007-06-02, 06:22   Link #1972
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
One of the novels was a "volume 0" set before the beginning of the Shana/Yuuji story (so, a prequel), and now apparently they're making a manga based on that as well.
Correction, volume 0 and volume S are a a collection of short stories (although I think S had something to do with either the 16th century or one of the characters that appeared in that arc). The tenth novel is actually the one that tells the events of the previous "Slayer with Flaming Hair and Burning Eyes".

http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?i...manga10zj9.jpg
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:21   Link #1973
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Correction, volume 0 and volume S are a a collection of short stories (although I think S had something to do with either the 16th century or one of the characters that appeared in that arc). The tenth novel is actually the one that tells the events of the previous "Slayer with Flaming Hair and Burning Eyes".
Ah -- there you have it. I was just basing that comment on what was previously posted in this thread (when the prequel was originally brought up). I stand corrected.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 11:41   Link #1974
cangri21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The Shana anime was based originally on (adapted from) a series of novels. In addition to the anime, they've also made Shana manga based on those same books (the translated first volumes of both the novel and the manga are now available in bookstores). One of the novels (apparently it's Volume 10) was set before the beginning of the Shana/Yuuji story (so, a prequel), and now apparently they're making a manga based on that as well. This doesn't really have anything to do with the anime, though (that we know of), and probably should have been posted in the novel & manga thread instead. In terms of the anime, there will be a sequel TV series coming soon, but there's a seperate thread for that as well. They also recently released an animated movie that re-told the story of the first novel (first few episodes of the anime). That's a lot of info, but I hope that clarifies things... Shana is, in short, a very popular franchise with lots of different permutations.
hey thanks that really helped alot
cangri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 12:20   Link #1975
AnimeL0ver
Just call me ojisan

Send a message via MSN to AnimeL0ver
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well to be fair, each has their good points

But I would choose SnS over Bleach any day...

Why? Because Shana is a great character
oh, great as u can see i am using a bleah avatar but i hate bleach...i nvr watch bleach b4 as it sounds like rubbish....kome bleach fans...kome
AnimeL0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 12:23   Link #1976
AnimeL0ver
Just call me ojisan

Send a message via MSN to AnimeL0ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelshock View Post
Man wish I could read all the SnS light novels, sadly I live in Canada so only got the first one

p.s. I can't read Japanese either xD
agreed, i am living in malaysia so anime isn't that good but still I've heard rumors that malaysia is more active in anime then canada since canada targeted in US and Canada classic animes
AnimeL0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 19:44   Link #1977
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

Sigh guess ill just ahve to wait
Old 2007-06-04, 14:23   Link #1978
Forbearance

I just finished watching this series and I have to say that I am hoping Yuji finally stops acting like a pansy who needs to be constantly rescued by Shana.
Forbearance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 14:33   Link #1979
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

huh? well, actually, Yuuji is quite skillfull for a human/torch. i didn't feel him hopeless, unlike usual protagonist in the comparable situation.
and IIRC, he will use blutsauger really soon (except if J.C staff skips this, just like they did with yuuji's powers explanation in season 1 ~~)
Old 2007-06-04, 16:52   Link #1980
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

what information did they not include about Yuji's powers? I'm guessing it was information told in the novels. (Being in Canada sucks )

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere