AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-07, 22:57   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 714 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

My, oh my, spoilers are out quite early this week! Again, credit goes to AP's Redon for this summary:

Quote:
- Chapter 714 Lucy and Wucy.
- Nami, Chopper, Brook, Momonosuke and Thousand Sunny has been turned into toys by a Devil Fruit user of Club Trebol army.
- Doflamingo asked them to kidnap Momonosuke and then seize Thousand Sunny.
- It seems that Ricky is Rebecca's father.
- Diamante gave Bellamy Doflamingo's orders that assassinate Luffy and he can be a cadre of Donquixote Family if he succeed.
- Bartolomeo talked to Cavendish. Cavendish said Luffy is his prey.
 "My story is much more abstruse." Bartolomeo said.
- Luffy rided Fighting Bull (Wucy) to fight against competitors. But Wucy failed to hurt the giant warrior Hajrudin and has been knocked out. Luffy got angry and knocked down Hajrudin.

End of chapter.

So that's a couple more mysteries clarified: The living toys are a product of a DF power (hope Nami's group are still able to fight in their transformed state), and Kyros Ricky is indeed Rebecca's father. It also seems that Barto has a rather deep reason for wanting to meet Luffy.....

Speaking of Luffy's situation, I very much doubt that Bellamy will follow through on that assassination. After all, the spring-man isn't the same person he was before the skip. It's gonna be interesting to see his inner conflict if he actually chooses to betray the man he has so much reverence for....
Old 2013-07-08, 08:19   Link #2
marvelB

Uh.... so apparently that part of the spoiler about Nami's group being turned into toys was a mistake on the original spoiler provider's part (not Redon, but the source he got it from). The matter hasn't been clarified yet, though (and probably won't be until the chapter's release). Until then, I'm personally going to guess that rather than being turned into toys, they were attacked by a toy person with a DF power. At least that would grant my wish of there being a toyman as an arc boss!

Also, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Lucy team up with the Fighting Bull. I wonder if it's just pure coincidence that the bull's name is Wucy....?
Old 2013-07-08, 11:05   Link #3
shalala

If they where turned into toys then I may have called that. Still if that is the case then it would explain all the moving/talking toys. Soo they are pretty much trapped in Dolfa kingdom foreverr as there isn't any way so far to turn them people back into humans. Also it would give more reason to why Rebecca wants to kill Dolfa.
Old 2013-07-08, 11:18   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It looks they've been turned into a painting. Or painting people maybe. I can't tell if they're still able to move.

Old 2013-07-08, 13:15   Link #5
JonSnow

I bet the little girl's the one turning people into toys. I heard that Akainu told the shadow that Dofla. has manipulated the WG and that person in the shadow said perhaps he should go there because Fujitora's too soft and he won't break the law.
Old 2013-07-08, 14:39   Link #6
marvelB

So yeah, like I already mentioned above, the part about them being turned into toys was a mistake. As you can see in the pic Kanon posted, Nami's group were turned into bizarre modern art pieces instead. Even more amazing is that Nami's "transformation" actually reduced her bust size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I can't tell if they're still able to move.

Nami seems to be riding her waver, so I guess they can still move normally (or close to it) even in that state.
Old 2013-07-08, 18:40   Link #7
Rainbowman

Someone better clarify this chapter for Nami's sake because I'm not liking what I'm hearing and will not go well with Nami's descendants.
Old 2013-07-08, 20:53   Link #8
Undertaker

I'm personally digging Brook's "Scream" impersonation and Momonosuke going Picasso!!!
Old 2013-07-09, 02:34   Link #9
danielevo

So if they have became a toys, why didn't they jump in to the sea, the devil fruit power will loss in the sea right ?? so they can become a normal human again.. is it possible ?
Old 2013-07-09, 03:35   Link #10
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That's one whacky power that old lady Jola has... She's messed up Nami & co and the Sunny as well.
Loved the bit with Lucy & ucy, they were getting along really well. No wonder Luffy got so pissed off when the giant smashed his pal. Wish he stopped the giant's attack though.

Also, what will Bellamy do? He seems conflicted.

And what's Bartolomeo's connection to Luffy? Interesting.

Last edited by Trax; 2013-07-09 at 04:15.
Old 2013-07-09, 04:11   Link #11
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
So if they have became a toys, why didn't they jump in to the sea, the devil fruit power will loss in the sea right ?? so they can become a normal human again.. is it possible ?
The sunny got transformed too and it is already in the water, so it's possible that the water doesn't help against the transformation or Yora just altered the parts that are not touching the water.

I'm really looking forward to Bartolomeo's and Luffy's connection.
Also the fight between Luffy and the Don and his grandchildren is drawing closer... can't wait for that one!

Last edited by ri0; 2013-07-09 at 09:02.
Old 2013-07-09, 04:50   Link #12
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The chapter is out. I feel Doflamingo is taking Bellamy for a fool. I mean he must know that there is no way he'd be able to take out Luffy.
Old 2013-07-09, 05:06   Link #13
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
The sunny got transformed too and it is already in the water, so it's possible that the water doesn't help against the transformation or Yola just altered the parts that are not touching the water.

I'm really looking forward to Bartolomeo's and Luffy's connection.
Also the fight between Luffy and the Don and his grandchildren is drawing closer... can't wait for that one!
we dont know it yet, but after i thinking about it, maybe Yola power cannot eliminated by the sea water, because if it can, then the toys from Dressora will jump in to the sea already, especially Rebecca toy soldier friend.. So i think Yola power is dangerous, we dont know how to eliminate it yet..
Old 2013-07-09, 07:44   Link #14
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I think there are 2 possibilities:

1. The power is like Kalifa's, which ends the moment she faints
2. The power is like Moria's which he has to intentionally "release"... or be forced to do it...
Old 2013-07-09, 07:48   Link #15
shalala

When did that toy join Nami and co? Did anyone else notice that Lucy haki his arm and gave the gaint a normal punch. Poor Uci. R.I.P.
Old 2013-07-09, 07:52   Link #16
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Donquixote family is like a cirque du freak. That fatty old lady Jolas can turn anything into some sort of a toy. I kinda ugh! Nami swaaaan! Momonosuke's heart-shaped head lol :-)
Old 2013-07-09, 08:21   Link #17
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
we dont know it yet, but after i thinking about it, maybe Yola power cannot eliminated by the sea water, because if it can, then the toys from Dressora will jump in to the sea already, especially Rebecca toy soldier friend.. So i think Yola power is dangerous, we dont know how to eliminate it yet..
Yora's power is, as far as we know, not related to the toys. Her power is to turn people/things into paintings/art with a thought cloud. It reminds me a little bit of the ability Psyren's Caprico used as she was able to materialize her thoughts via paintings.

@shalala: Which toy do you mean?
And on a side-note: I don't think it was a completely normal punch as there was steam coming out of Lucy's body.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-07-09 at 10:23.
Old 2013-07-09, 08:54   Link #18
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i wonder what's in bartolomeo's suitcase..?
and why did momonosuke notice sunny's head piece after it was transformed?
Old 2013-07-09, 08:58   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh no! Thousand Sunny is ruined... T___T

and Lucy become tournament's favorite in instant
always love to see his badass side
Old 2013-07-09, 10:15   Link #20
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
@shalala: Which toy do you mean?
And on a side-note: I don't think it was completely normal punch as there was steam coming out of Lucy's body.
The one below Brook on page 5. Nvm it was Chooper. Still Chopper does look like a toy.
Closed Thread